Goats:
Coaching

TacklingDummy
10-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Ball:

Edwards
Lynch
Lindell
And Brian Billick for calling 2 pass plays when it was 3rd/4th and 1.

Luisito23
10-21-2007, 03:06 PM
And yet the idiots on Fox are praising Jauron.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Luisito23
10-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Ball:

Edwards
Lynch
Lindell
And Brian Billick for calling 2 pass plays when it was 3rd/4th and 1.

Don't forget Moorman.....

GO BILLS!!!!!

gr8slayer
10-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Who the **** cares, we finally won and beat a real team. Everyone gets a ball.

TheBrownBear
10-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Balls:

Lindell
Lynch
DEFENSE

Goats:
None - can't give goats since every win seems like an overachievement

Elminster
10-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Don't forget Moorman.....

GO BILLS!!!!!
I think Moorman is a given at this point. He gets a gameball unless otherwise noted.

DraftBoy
10-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Who the **** cares, we finally won and beat a real team. Everyone gets a ball.
Just because we win doesnt mean we cant improve, even if you go 19-0 there are always things a team should improve on.

G. Host
10-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Moorman and coverage teams including Neill were instrumental in flipping the field.

I was worried about that last short punt.

gr8slayer
10-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Just because we win doesnt mean we cant improve, even if you go 19-0 there are always things a team should improve on.
That's human nature, if you aren't looking to get better you might as well be six feet under.

G. Host
10-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Coaches had a good game plan against Ravens. They should get credit for that.

Novacane
10-21-2007, 03:13 PM
balls: defense, Lindell, Lynch

goats: coaching. We'd be 4-2 with decent coaches

Nighthawk
10-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Game Balls:

Lynch
Edwards (for just being able to overcome this horrible coach)

Goats:
Dickey and his entire staff (talk about a group of coaches that coach not to lose versus coaching to win...thest guys suck!)

Philagape
10-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Lynch
Evans
Crowell
Lindell
Moorman

Scumbag College
10-21-2007, 03:19 PM
I can't give any goats for this team in a win. My game balls are:

Lindell- every kick seemed big and didn't choke

Reed- great downfield blocking on Lynch's big runs

McCargo, Tripplett, and Kyle Williams- really stuffed the run all day, if it wasn't for Willis' 47 yd TD run it was really an average day for a RB.

Greer and McGee- played well in man coverage

Yasgur's Farm
10-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Ball:

Edwards
Lynch
Lindell
And Brian Billick for calling 2 pass plays when it was 3rd/4th and 1.Edwards?!! LMFAO!!

No licker would ever try to give JP a game ball with a 56.25 PR.

Typ0
10-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Game Balls:
Coaches. I am very impressed with this coaching staff that has taken a lot of young players and a team with some glaring holes and made them competitive every week.

Trent Edwards: playing inside himself. Playing smart. Not crumbling after he made a big mistake or even letting it get into his head.

Defense: they play with heart.

Game Vaginas:
Lossman lickers for their constant whining and complaining about Edwards just because they like the other guy. These are the same people that say things like "we're going to support anyone because he's our QB" and "you need to give the rookie fourty-two years to develop and then he'll be montana". Too bad we can't trade JP to Miami for a first round pick now that would be stellar.

Tatonka
10-21-2007, 03:44 PM
Edwards?!! LMFAO!!

dont confuse people with facts.

56 is good.

Crisis
10-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Tatonka, you really love Losman.

It's sickening.

capitolneal
10-21-2007, 03:48 PM

Improve the Patriots

RedEyE
10-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Game Balls:
Fewell
Crowell
Whitner

Goats:
Walker - 15 yard face mask penalty on an OL!!? This isn't Oakland.
Fairchild - 4th quarter.

Tatonka
10-21-2007, 03:54 PM
if jp had 1 td, and 4 picks and a fumble.. the whining would be unbearable.. and the only reason his passer rating isnt lower thant 71 is because he played against the god awful jets D in one game.

i get that he is a rookie.. and he may very well become a good qb.. i just dont agree that he gives the bills the best chance to win.. he has already cost us one game against the cowboys.. and almost cost us this game..

Tatonka
10-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Tatonka, you really need to get Losman's balls out of your mouth.

It's sickening.

its not about losman, .. its about edwards trying to give every game away by throwing awful picks at the worst possible times.. and it just makes it worse that people like you cry that it was the coaches fault that edwards forced a ball that shouldnt have been thrown in the first place.

Oaf
10-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Game Balls:
Lynch

Goats:
McGee (picked on all day, lost 14 yards of field position on crucial 4th Q drive)
Peters (gave up an easy sack, didn't see push in the run game)

Somewhere in between:
DiG (had that great delay sack, played well vs run, but was late in coverage on TD pass)

Edwards (Could BARELY "manage" the game, threw the vital pick in the 4th, finally hit Evans downfield on drive that led to TD.)

OLine (decent pass protection, but I'm really scared for Lynch. Every yard he gets, he earns the hard way.)

Crisis
10-21-2007, 03:58 PM
its not about losman, .. its about edwards trying to give every game away by throwing awful picks at the worst possible times.. and it just makes it worse that people like you cry that it was the coaches fault that edwards forced a ball that shouldnt have been thrown in the first place.

He's a rookie. Even his supporters admit he's looked like a rookie.

But in his first few starts as a pro he's looked so much better than Losman.

Look how well the defense plays when they're not on the field the whole game.

chernobylwraiths
10-21-2007, 03:59 PM

Those two balls really were bad throws and decisions.

Tatonka
10-21-2007, 04:02 PM
He's a rookie. Even his supporters admit he's looked like a rookie.

But in his first few starts as a pro he's looked so much better than Losman.

Look how well the defense plays when they're not on the field the whole game.
i just disagree.. losman played 2 games.. against the pittsburg defense which has made much better qbs look awful and the number one pass defense of denvers.. had losman played the same games against the same teams that trent edwards has, i think he would have done better.. i could be wrong.. but the comments about losmans nuts are just ****ing stupid.

Tatonka
10-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Those two balls really were bad throws and decisions.

that is my point.. but so many people want to blame the coach.. a good qb doesnt throw the ball of the guy is completely covered.. even in the dallas game.. if the LB doesnt tip the ball, newman was going to get it anyway. they were both awful decisions in the cluth.. cost us the dallas game.. could have cost us the game today..

and the point is not that he threw them as a rookie.. i get that .. he looks like he could be a solid qb down the road.. but he is NOT read to be a starter right now..

camelcowboy
10-21-2007, 04:08 PM
dont confuse people with facts.

56 is good. For a rookie qb against a great defense he did good, not shown on the stats was the pass interference called on roscoe that set up a one of the field goals. It was nice to see him stretch the field more.

Mitchy moo
10-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Ummmmm, we won.

Goats anyone who is complaining.

Typ0
10-21-2007, 04:09 PM
i just disagree.. losman played 2 games.. against the pittsburg defense which has made much better qbs look awful and the number one pass defense of denvers.. had losman played the same games against the same teams that trent edwards has, i think he would have done better.. i could be wrong.. but the comments about losmans nuts are just ****ing stupid.

the biggest criticisms I have of Lossman are he's mister 3 and out and when something goes bad for him he tanks. We actually had the ball for 18 minutes in the first half of this game. Does TE need to be better? Yes he does, but he is an actual rookie and he has played a lot better than that. I see him adding things to his game every week as well which I never saw from Lossman. Due to the tank effect, I'm not so sure that Lossman gives us the best chance to win. On a week that he's on sure he does...but he's not on consistenly enough IMO.

G. Host
10-21-2007, 04:10 PM
For a rookie qb against a great defense he did good, not shown on the stats was the pass interference called on roscoe that set up a one of the field goals. It was nice to see him stretch the field more.

Also the hard count to make a 3rd and 6 a 3rd and 1.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-21-2007, 04:10 PM
I love this D we got going

Typ0
10-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Also the hard count to make a 3rd and 6 a 3rd and 1.

just the fact that the kid ran the no huddle today and consistently moved the chains should tell us something. My sense is had that been Lossman (no we'll never really know) he would have been good for a long TD bomb and about 14 minutes of total time the offense was on the field.

chernobylwraiths
10-21-2007, 04:12 PM
For a rookie qb against a great defense he did good, not shown on the stats was the pass interference called on roscoe that set up a one of the field goals. It was nice to see him stretch the field more.

Great defense?

How many starters weren't playing and wasn't Lewis a game time decision because of injury?

Oaf
10-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Losman needs to play.

The last two games:
We play in a game we should not win, nearly win, Edwards pick is first in series that loses game.

We play in game we should win, Edwards pick nearly costs us game.

How many passes has Edwards thrown past the first down marker, and how many has he completed. Losman knows how to dump it off too.

OpIv37
10-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Game Balls:
Fewell
Crowell
Whitner

Goats:
Walker - 15 yard face mask penalty on an OL!!? This isn't Oakland.
Fairchild - 4th quarter.

whitner played like ****. There were several passes completed right in front of him, and he missed McGahee in the hole on the 46 yard TD.

Typ0
10-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Great defense?

How many starters weren't playing and wasn't Lewis a game time decision because of injury?

I know people are tagging the Ravens D based still on the year they won the SB. The Ravens D is not that good when they are healthy.

SquishDaFish
10-21-2007, 04:24 PM
No Goats but Edwards doesnt deserve a Gameball at all. HE almost cost us the game. But I support whomever they put back there.

BO BUFFALO!!!

G. Host
10-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Great defense?

Lewis was a game time decision because Baltimore played with media to make it a story. Lewis said in interviews he was playing and coaches were just over cautious.

Philagape
10-21-2007, 04:28 PM
Losman needs to play.

The last two games:
We play in a game we should not win, nearly win, Edwards pick is first in series that loses game.

We play in game we should win, Edwards pick nearly costs us game.

How many passes has Edwards thrown past the first down marker,

More than JP.

There is nothing Trent Edwards has done wrong that JP doesn't do too. And Trent showed the long ball today too. He moves the chains more often.

DraftBoy
10-21-2007, 04:46 PM
whitner played like ****. There were several passes completed right in front of him, and he missed McGahee in the hole on the 46 yard TD.

No way Whitner made a number of plays in the holes other than the McGahee big run, and also made a few plays in the backfield. Also he getting the ball caught in front of him is the idea of our defense so how that can be a negative is beyond me.

jamze132
10-21-2007, 05:04 PM
I like the theory about comtinuing to improve but at a certain point, you can't really imptove anymore and I think a 19-0 constitutes that.

TacklingDummy
10-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Edwards?!! LMFAO!!

PR are meaningless.

Trent Edwards gets a game ball because he ran the hurry up offense well the whole game in only his 3rd career start. Now that is confidence.

jamze132
10-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Coaches had a good game plan against Ravens. They should get credit for that.
They usually do have a great gameplan. The problem is in the snd half, the gameplan is out the window when the other team starts to make adjustments. What they suck at is making quick desisions.

If I had a week to develop a scheme, I am sure I could, but what good am I if I can't make the right decision on the fly?

gr8slayer
10-21-2007, 05:07 PM
PR are meaningless.

Trent Edwards gets a game ball because he ran the hurry up offense well the whole game in only his 4th career start. Now that is confidence.
:bf1: you finally get it. 2-2

TacklingDummy
10-21-2007, 05:08 PM
just the fact that the kid ran the no huddle today and consistently moved the chains should tell us something. My sense is had that been Lossman (no we'll never really know) he would have been good for a long TD bomb and about 14 minutes of total time the offense was on the field.

Evans would have went the distance if he didn't bobble the one long pass completion.

TacklingDummy
10-21-2007, 05:09 PM
:bf1: you finally get it. 2-2

Thanks, had to correct my typo. :up:

gr8slayer
10-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Thanks, had to correct my typo. :up:
No, it's 2-2.

jamze132
10-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Didn't you say in another thread that it was Dick's fault because he told him to throw the ball, even if the guy was covered?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=2165427#post2165427

"THE COACHING FORCED THAT THROW TO A COVERED RECEIVER. IT IS JAURONS FAULT.. HE TOLD EDWARDS.. IF HE IS COVERED THROW IT ANYWAYS!"

Yasgur's Farm
10-21-2007, 05:15 PM
PR are meaningless.

Trent Edwards gets a game ball because he ran the hurry up offense well the whole game in only his 3rd career start. Now that is confidence.JP ran it well in his 1st start. Oh... I forgot... that was JP!

Yasgur's Farm
10-21-2007, 05:18 PM
As for Evans' bobble... The result of having to reach bAck for the ball. If the ball had been thrown upfield it would have been a TD.

Just to keep the record straight... I'm not ahgainst Edwards... I'll give him credit where it's do.

But I do think JP got screwed... And I don't think he sucks at QB just because he hasn't reached the probowl.

Keep that in mind when you're praising Tret.

OpIv37
10-21-2007, 05:25 PM
No way Whitner made a number of plays in the holes other than the McGahee big run, and also made a few plays in the backfield. Also he getting the ball caught in front of him is the idea of our defense so how that can be a negative is beyond me.

um, maybe he should knock the ball away instead of letting them catch it in front of him? I don't know, maybe I'm weird, but LETTING the other team catch the ball seems counterintuitive for the D.

And yeah he made some other plays in the hole but missed the one that counted the most. I was really disappointed with Whitner today.

And I think he was disappointed in himself too- there was one play late in the game where an incomplete pass bounced to him and he wound up and punched the ball away. He was clearly frustrated.

Philagape
10-21-2007, 05:27 PM
As for Evans' bobble... The result of having to reach bAck for the ball. If the ball had been thrown upfield it would have been a TD.

Just to keep the record straight... I'm not ahgainst Edwards... I'll give him credit where it's do.

But I do think JP got screwed... And I don't think he sucks at QB just because he hasn't reached the probowl.

Keep that in mind when you're praising Tret.

If Trent is the future of this team, JP will never cross my mind again.

Night Train
10-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Game Balls:
Edwards

You've got to be kidding me.

HHURRICANE
10-21-2007, 05:54 PM
They need to put Losman back in just so I don't have to read anymore posts about JP.

If anybody thinks JP would be moving the chains the same way Edwards is they should go back and look at the games JP has played "well" in.

I'll take my chances with the "rookie" who has gone 2 and 1 in 3 career starts.

YardRat
10-21-2007, 05:55 PM

Mis-communication between Evans and Edwards, according to Lee. One read out, the other in, and TE threw the ball to the spot which he thought would've placed the receiver between the ball and the defender.

STAMPY
10-21-2007, 05:56 PM
They need to put Losman back in just so I don't have to read anymore posts about JP.

If anybody thinks JP would be moving the chains the same way Edwards is they should go back and look at the games JP has played "well" in.

I'll take my chances with the "rookie" who has gone 2 and 1 in 3 career starts.

LOL i agree on point about no more reading about start JP. Bottomline Edwards gives us best chance to win. Trade JP for a 4-5th rounder if possible

Typ0
10-21-2007, 06:15 PM
I gave TE a game ball because he exceeded my expectations. And my expectations are pretty low for a rookie and second year QB. JP Losman never played up to my expectations at all and they weren't any higher for him. Did you guys see Sage Rosenfeld play today? Same exact player he was when we pounded him in Miami. Same player.

Mr. Cynical
10-21-2007, 06:15 PM
and the point is not that he threw them as a rookie.. i get that .. he looks like he could be a solid qb down the road.. but he is NOT read to be a starter right now..

The thing is, do you really think we have a realistic chance to make the playoffs? If you say no (which I hope you do - we aren't making the playoffs) then it doesn't make sense not to play Trent. It's the same thing we had with KH and JP. I feel pretty comfortable that we've seen what JP can do for the most part. We haven't seen Trent so may was well get him the time now when the season isn't going anywhere IMO.

chernobylwraiths
10-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Same exact player he was when we pounded him in Miami. Same player.

Didn't he engineer the 21 point comeback against us when we had Mularkey at QB?

Night Train
10-21-2007, 06:41 PM
And yet the idiots on Fox are praising Jauron.

Good Lord

Typ0
10-21-2007, 06:44 PM

I think he played 3 games against us...I bet we interecepted him 8 times but can't remember specifically. I do remember that game you are referring too...it was Malarkey.

chernobylwraiths
10-21-2007, 06:49 PM
I think he played 3 games against us...I bet we interecepted him 8 times but can't remember specifically. I do remember that game you are referring too...it was Malarkey.

Nope, he only played one. The one we lost.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/games/RoseSa00.htm#2002

Captain gameboy
10-21-2007, 06:54 PM
Balls.

Schobel. Finally had a good game.
Doubled on nearly every pass play and instinctively broke up the trickery to Boller. That was the play of the game.

Lindell.

1st down defense. Run defense overall. The Willis touchdown was a fluke.

Angelo Crowell. The guy was everywhere today. I think it was his best game ever. I never thought he was at this level. Today he was.

Josh Reed.
Little things man, little things.

Goats.
While overall I thught it was a well called game, the last series before the end was a wimp series. If we get one first down we don't put pressure on Moorman or the defense.
One simple pass on 1st or 2nd down would have done it.
If Trent is our guy, give him a chance to win it.

G. Host
10-21-2007, 06:54 PM

I do not recall Mularkey EVER playing QB.

TacklingDummy
10-21-2007, 07:56 PM

No they don't. Realistic fans, like me, haven't forgotten how crappy JP has played. We don't need to be reminded.

Buffatexas
10-21-2007, 07:59 PM
balls: defense, Lindell, Lynch

goats: coaching. We'd be 4-2 with decent coaches

we'd be 4-2 if Lindell makes those two field goals

RedEyE
10-21-2007, 09:38 PM

Defenses can't stop every play on the field. It's a zone defense and receivers and routes are designed in front of players. If Whitner is allowing the play to happen in front of him, then he's doing exactly what the zone requires of him. And last time I checked, it's not entirely up to the SS to make all run stops. He's a "safety".

LtBillsFan66
10-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Give a ball to the Refs who gift-wrapped two huge phantom pass interference calls!

Mitchy moo
10-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Give a ball to the Refs who gift-wrapped two huge phantom pass interference calls!

We deserve some calls, lord knows they knew enough to start the clock on this kickoff.

scott51
10-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Moorman and coverage teams including Neill were instrumental in flipping the field.

I was worried about that last short punt.

I think that was intentional, Moorman wanted him to have to catch it cuz we had run the clock down to 0:08 seconds left! I too was worried at first though!

SABURZFAN
10-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Edwards?!! LMFAO!!

that's because he wouldn't give the Bills a chance to win.

SABURZFAN
10-21-2007, 10:00 PM
No they don't. Realistic fans, like me, haven't forgotten how crappy JP has played. We don't need to be reminded.

me neither. :down:

OpIv37
10-22-2007, 08:24 AM
Defenses can't stop every play on the field. It's a zone defense and receivers and routes are designed in front of players. If Whitner is allowing the play to happen in front of him, then he's doing exactly what the zone requires of him. And last time I checked, it's not entirely up to the SS to make all run stops. He's a "safety".

Every play? He didn't stop any. Sooner or later he's going to have to make a play on the ball. I'm not buying this "the defense is designed to allow 15 yard completions" crap.

And who cares if the D requires him to make the run stop? He was in position to do it and failed, and it led to a 46 yard TD by one of the most hated players in Buffalo sports history.

DraftBoy
10-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Every play? He didn't stop any. Sooner or later he's going to have to make a play on the ball. I'm not buying this "the defense is designed to allow 15 yard completions" crap.

And who cares if the D requires him to make the run stop? He was in position to do it and failed, and it led to a 46 yard TD by one of the most hated players in Buffalo sports history.
Your making no sense, Whitner allowing play the happen in front of him is doing his job, do we all want to see him a little more aggressive as a ballhawk? Yes, but he wasnt one at Ohio State so I see no reason why he would become one now.

I like how you only concentrate on the one negative Whitner had in run D which yes led to a TD, but dont even consider the 5 or so stops he had in the whole prior to and after that.

OpIv37
10-22-2007, 08:32 AM
Your making no sense, Whitner allowing play the happen in front of him is doing his job, do we all want to see him a little more aggressive as a ballhawk? Yes, but he wasnt one at Ohio State so I see no reason why he would become one now.

I like how you only concentrate on the one negative Whitner had in run D which yes led to a TD, but dont even consider the 5 or so stops he had in the whole prior to and after that.

so, you're ok with our star safety that we spent a #8 overall draft pick on allowing completions in front of him all day and never making a play on the ball?

I'm not. This is what I'm talking about when I say Bills fans have accepted mediocrity. Whitner didn't give up a big play (unless you count Willis' run, which for some reason you think we shouldn't) so he must have had a good game. WTF?

DraftBoy
10-22-2007, 08:43 AM
so, you're ok with our star safety that we spent a #8 overall draft pick on allowing completions in front of him all day and never making a play on the ball?

I'm not. This is what I'm talking about when I say Bills fans have accepted mediocrity. Whitner didn't give up a big play (unless you count Willis' run, which for some reason you think we shouldn't) so he must have had a good game. WTF?

Did I say we shouldnt count the big run, I said that you are intentionally only concentrating on that in order to make your case.

And your damn right Ill take a safety keeping the play in front of him all day long. Thats not mediocrity thats knowing the defensive system we play and playing it well. It is his job to make sure nobody gets behind him on a deep ball, well mission accomplished yesterday.

He made one mistake and quite a few good plays, but yea he had a bad game.

OpIv37
10-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Did I say we shouldnt count the big run, I said that you are intentionally only concentrating on that in order to make your case.

And your damn right Ill take a safety keeping the play in front of him all day long. Thats not mediocrity thats knowing the defensive system we play and playing it well. It is his job to make sure nobody gets behind him on a deep ball, well mission accomplished yesterday.

He made one mistake and quite a few good plays, but yea he had a bad game.

a play in front of him is still a play. If it's what the D calls for, then it's a stupid D. Our CB's play 7 yards off the LOS and the safeties are behind him, so a play in front of him is a first down every time. I fail to see how a DB allowing first downs is considered a good game because he didn't give up touchdowns. That's just ridiculous.

Philagape
10-22-2007, 08:52 AM
If it's what the D calls for, then it's a stupid D.

Ding ding ding!

alohabillsfan
10-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Game Balls
Lynch
Evans
Schobel
Crowell

Goats
NONE We WON!

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Edwards?!! LMFAO!!

Well said . The question now is, who are the lickers now?

billsburgh
10-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Balls.
While overall I thught it was a well called game, the last series before the end was a wimp series. If we get one first down we don't put pressure on Moorman or the defense.
One simple pass on 1st or 2nd down would have done it.
If Trent is our guy, give him a chance to win it.
cant have it both ways. after the Dallas game, everyone blasted Jauron for calling that pass play that was intercepted and now he gets heat for being conservative and not having Trent pass. which is it?

DraftBoy
10-22-2007, 09:44 AM
a play in front of him is still a play. If it's what the D calls for, then it's a stupid D. Our CB's play 7 yards off the LOS and the safeties are behind him, so a play in front of him is a first down every time. I fail to see how a DB allowing first downs is considered a good game because he didn't give up touchdowns. That's just ridiculous.

Your pissed about first downs and advocating that he should be more aggressive which will lead to him getting beat more (not because he's not good, just because thats what will happen) and more big plays will result from it. Ill take a few first downs over big plays, maybe thats just me. Last time I checked we didnt allow much from their passing game.

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 09:47 AM
:10:

billsburgh
10-22-2007, 11:46 AM

here's a play Whitner made yesterday.

“Donte did a heck of a job on it, because that wasn’t his guy,” Fewell said.

“I’m supposed to be on the tight end,” Whitner said. “They want to make it look like a run, get our linebacker to freeze a little bit and hit the back in the flat. When they lined up I saw the tight end was going to stay in [to block]. I saw it all week [on video]. I said I’m going to jump this guy in the flat. We messed up their timing. Game over.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/189643.html

OpIv37
10-22-2007, 12:05 PM
here's a play Whitner made yesterday.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/189643.html

making a play is not the same as having a good game. There was one play where Tripplett was disruptive in the backfield- the rest of the time, he was neutralized at the LOS as always. Are you going to say he had a good game now too?

billsburgh
10-22-2007, 01:02 PM
making a play is not the same as having a good game. There was one play where Tripplett was disruptive in the backfield- the rest of the time, he was neutralized at the LOS as always. Are you going to say he had a good game now too?

Every play? He didn't stop any. Sooner or later he's going to have to make a play on the ball.
Isn't that what my last post was?
I didn't say it constituted a good game. You choose to point out the plays he didnt make and all I was doing was pointing out a play he did make.

Nighthawk
10-22-2007, 07:04 PM
if jp had 1 td, and 4 picks and a fumble.. the whining would be unbearable.. and the only reason his passer rating isnt lower thant 71 is because he played against the god awful jets D in one game.

i get that he is a rookie.. and he may very well become a good qb.. i just dont agree that he gives the bills the best chance to win.. he has already cost us one game against the cowboys.. and almost cost us this game..

Yeah, but the team is 2-1 with him starting and should have won the other game had it not been for Dickey and his gang giving away the win. No, he didn't look great yesterday, but let's not forget that he is a rookie and he played one of the best defenses in the league. I really do not think it matters who is behind center because that person still has to overcome this coaching staff and it's unbelievably stupid gameday coaching.

Wys Guy
10-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Balls:
Defense
Justin Jenkins
Lynch
OL

Goats:
Coaching

Everyone always wants to give Lynch props.

Don't get me wrong, he already seems to be a stronger RB than McGahee ever was, but let's also be real, he's done little to warrant such kudos every week.

First of all he's averaging 3.6 ypc on the season which is bottom of the barrel.

He's got no 100-yard games, his long is only about what McGahee ever got here certainly challenging how good he is in spite of what seemingly is better play, but in being objective, we simply don't know yet.

No QB on the Bills deserves anything more than criticism at this point. Edwards shows some promise but he's done nothing indicative that he has a promising future as a starting QB in the NFL w/o having to earn it down the line.

Defensively our front-7 blows. We have 5 sacks on the season with at least one of those, McCargo's, falling into the "purely coincidental" category. For a team that is "built to disrupt," that's a joke.

We can't stop the run, are ranked 2nd to last in passing yards allowed, rank near the bottom in passing efficiency allowed and in pass TDs allowed, and are well below average in just about every other passing category.

And some people really say that our DTs are playing well?? Whatever.

IMO the standards for what good football even is are so long forgotten around here that even a whiff of a good play turns into "Pro Bowl hopes."

Aaron Schobel's downturn in play, if this continues, as he is now past prime, may be precipitous. We have no other decent front-7 players besides Poz who may or may not be very good. Thanks to Romo's generosity we are up there in INTs, otherwise we'd rank at the bottom there too.

The bottom line is that we stop no one, even in "close games." Teams dominate us routine on both sides. Our big hurrah and lone hope every week is literally Moorman punting for field position and McGee and Parrish on returns.

Our coaching has cost us two games. (Denver and Dallas) Not as if we deserved to win either or actually outplayed either team regardless.

Have we had a tough schedule? Not nearly as tough as we thought it would be. The Ravens' came banged up and not great, the Broncose ar a shell of the team that they used to be on both sides, the Jets are almost as bad as we are, and Dallas didn't show up either in spite of posting monster numbers anyway. Yes, Pittsburgh and NE are very good.

But the Giants, Skins, and Cleveland are all much better that we thought too and we must play all of them with two of the three on the road.

This is still a 4-12/5-11 team tops. If we win more games than that, then that doesn't alter that fact.

John Doe
10-22-2007, 07:41 PM
This is still a 4-12/5-11 team tops. If we win more games than that, then that doesn't alter that fact.

By definition, it does alter that "fact."

Wys Guy
10-22-2007, 08:05 PM
By definition, it does alter that "fact."

No, it doesn't. Simply b/c some stiff knocks out the World Champ in boxing for some freak reason does not mean that that boxer all of a sudden leap frogs untolled numbers of ranked boxers to claim title to the world's greatest.

When you get dominated, or even merely outplayed, and win for reasons that aren't clear, then it suggests that you got lucky more than you deserved to win.

Sorry, but nice try though.

Feel free to think whatever you want though.

John Doe
10-22-2007, 08:42 PM
No, it doesn't. Simply b/c some stiff knocks out the World Champ in boxing for some freak reason does not mean that that boxer all of a sudden leap frogs untolled numbers of ranked boxers to claim title to the world's greatest.

When you get dominated, or even merely outplayed, and win for reasons that aren't clear, then it suggests that you got lucky more than you deserved to win.

When you win, you win.

It goes on your record.

Thats the way it works.

Nice try though. Real nice try.

In fact, it was one of the all time best tries that I have seen you make.

Keep trying in the future as well.

Captain gameboy
10-23-2007, 06:31 AM
The "story" on Lynch is not his average per carry.

The "story" is that he is very rarely taken down by the first hit, and he nearly always carrys the pile forward, plus he's got wiggle.

Willis is Antowain Smith.

Typ0
10-23-2007, 06:52 AM

so you are saying this is a 4 or 5 win team by fact and if we win 9 games the fact remains we are a 4 or 5 win team?

Just proves you don't know a whole lot about science and statistics. Stick to wing sauce.