PDA

View Full Version : if we had solid coaches

djjimkelly
10-21-2007, 03:07 PM
we would be 4-2 instead we are 2-4 and almost blew game today. i think i counted 5 three and outs today.

Nighthawk
10-21-2007, 03:11 PM
Yep, it's pretty hard to watch this team with this coaching staff.

TheBrownBear
10-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Coaches do deserve credit though for putting this team in position to inexplicably lose at the end of games much to our chagrin. LOL.

But seriously, this isn't a great team and we are competitive in almost every game. The coaches deserve props for that. It's too bad they find ways to blow nearly every game.

Elminster
10-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Coaches do deserve credit though for putting this team in position to inexplicably lose at the end of games much to our chagrin. LOL.

But seriously, this isn't a great team and we are competitive in almost every game. The coaches deserve props for that. It's too bad they find ways to blow nearly every game.
That's where we disagree. I think this is a very talented team, and it is certainly good enough to be 4-2. But it isn't. It isn't that this team was necessarily out-played either. The losses to the Broncos and the Cowboys can be directly attributed to poor coaching.

historypete
10-21-2007, 03:39 PM
I've never seen an offensive coordinator as inept as Fairchild. They start out with the no huddle and it is rather effective, but then they stop. It seems that anytime Fairchild finds something that works he immediately goes away from it a series later. And Jauron is no help becuase he lets Fairchild have free reign. Between the both of them it seems when it comes to crunch time, they freeze up and don't know what to do. A perfect example is that 3rd down call deep in their own zone. At that point I think they are better off running the ball again and punting rather than putting Trent in a position to make a rookie mistake. There are times to be aggressive and times to be conservative, and Jauron and Fairchild get those moments confused.

I do think Fewell is a good coach who is getting everything out of his guys, but the other two still have to go in my mind.

djjimkelly
10-21-2007, 03:44 PM
I've never seen an offensive coordinator as inept as Fairchild. They start out with the no huddle and it is rather effective, but then they stop. It seems that anytime Fairchild finds something that works he immediately goes away from it a series later. And Jauron is no help becuase he lets Fairchild have free reign. Between the both of them it seems when it comes to crunch time, they freeze up and don't know what to do. A perfect example is that 3rd down call deep in their own zone. At that point I think they are better off running the ball again and punting rather than putting Trent in a position to make a rookie mistake. There are times to be aggressive and times to be conservative, and Jauron and Fairchild get those moments confused.

I do think Fewell is a good coach who is getting everything out of his guys, but the other two still have to go in my mind.

i believe our last 3 possessions was 3 and out

historypete
10-21-2007, 03:49 PM
You are right, they were 3 and outs and it goes back to what I said, they don't know when to act aggressively. You don't have to take shots way downfield either. For instance, Baltimore on that 3rd and 3 on the last possession was stacked at the line and we had man on man on the outside. Why not run a small play-action bootleg and has the TE come free for a 5 yard gain, instead of pounding Marshawn up the middle for 2 yards. Little things like this are what drive me crazy about Fairchilds playcalling ability.

RedEyE
10-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Let's break this down to individuals...

Fewell coached a good game today.

Fairchild pulled the lawn chair, and the lemonade out again in the 4th qrtr though.

Jauron: good clock managment, got the team up after a disappointing loss to Dallas. Good call on the interception replay.

April: Punt coverage might have won this game.

McNally: Had his guys moving the right direction early and clearly enabaled Lynch to move the ball well.

Overall, I give the coaches a B.

kinigirly
10-21-2007, 03:57 PM
i dry heaved multiple times during the game when the announcers were applauding fairchild's great coaching. they just thought his commitment to the no huddle was a great strategy, and that's why the ball kept moving down the field. i couldn't believe their ignorance. have either of them watched any other bills games besides the one they were calling?

Typ0
10-21-2007, 04:15 PM
I think the coaching staff has been decent. We have been in every game except for NE when we had a QB on the field who had taken no snaps before. I'm just not one that believes it has to be flashy and exciting to be good. Considering we have some serious holes on this team, namely lacking strenght on the interior of defensive line and size at receiver we are doing fine and are two plays away from being 4-2 instead of 2-4.

Typ0
10-21-2007, 04:15 PM
I also liked that they kicked all those field goals today...told me they learned from mistakes they made in the past.

Typ0
10-21-2007, 04:18 PM
I also thought the offensive gameplanning has been solid and was exceptional today. People keep pointing to the throw on 3rd and one whatever it was. That was typical in todays NFL as the defense is going to give you that and a very difficult yard on the ground.

YardRat
10-21-2007, 04:25 PM
The only difference between today's game and the losses to Denver and Dallas is the fact that somebody actually stepped up and made plays.

Apply that to coaching however you want to.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-21-2007, 04:27 PM
we going to run 6 stright

Akhippo
10-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Why are you going to be conservative and run two straight plays. Not only running, but running even though the Ravens stacked the box. They knew they werent going to get any yards.
Then when its third and ten you decided to throw it. WHAT. They didnt care about getting anything on the first two downs, why wait till its a long situation. Thats wy this coaching staff is JV.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-21-2007, 05:21 PM
agreed somtime i cant even watch and that sucks

Night Train
10-21-2007, 05:24 PM
we would be 4-2 instead we are 2-4 and almost blew game today. i think i counted 5 three and outs today.

Thank you Capt. Obvious

jamze132
10-21-2007, 05:26 PM
One win is not going to change my mind about Dick and Steve! They still need to seek life elsewhere.

kinigirly
10-21-2007, 05:30 PM
if we had solid coaches, we'd have more than 3 touchdowns in the last 3 games. that's the one thing i wasn't happy about today...bunch of fieldgoals and a touchdown

Typ0
10-21-2007, 06:28 PM
We don't get TDs from the red zone because we don't have physical receivers that can battle for the ball in the end zone. The field is a lot smaller down there. The defensive backs have a big advantage. Did you see the bomb from Brady to Moss today? That was a sick throw it up for grabs in the endzone and nine out of ten times Moss comes down with the ball because he's big, athletic and physical. We don't have anyone like that and because of it defenses can stuff the run better too. We are missing players and we have a rookie QB. That's why we are having trouble scoring. With any luck, we are where the powers that be want us to be at this point in the process and those players are coming soon. The other thing that gets me is how our tight ends are missing. We need one of those guys to catch balls it would really help down there.

PECKERWOOD
10-21-2007, 06:47 PM
We almost have more backups out there than starters! The coaches deserve some props. Fairchild on the other hand is running out of straws, I'll let him slide this time but only because we won.

HHURRICANE
10-21-2007, 07:04 PM

Post of the day. As much as the coaching staff does stuff to blow games the fact that we are in games with this kind of talent is mind boggling to me.

For all the *****ing about Jauron I'd rather have him with this talent level over just about any coach right now. There will come a day where he won't take this team to the next level but right now he's doing a decent job.

Dont drink the water
10-23-2007, 05:59 AM
We don't get TDs from the red zone because we don't have physical receivers that can battle for the ball in the end zone. The field is a lot smaller down there. The defensive backs have a big advantage..

Wisest poster in the thread.