PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills report card

shelby
10-21-2007, 05:19 PM
QUARTERBACK (C+)- Rookie Trent Edwards didn’t produce the numbers (11 of 21, 153 yards, 0 TDs, 1 interception, 56.2 rating) that would’ve secured his standing as the team’s undisputed starter. He did finally stretch the field with long passes to Roscoe Parrish that drew interference and led to a field goal and a 54-yard hookup with Lee Evans that led to a touchdown. But he also threw a bad interception in the fourth quarter that led to some needless sweaty palms in a game the Bills were in full control of.

RUNNING BACKS (C)- Marshawn Lynch ran hard but was outdueled by the Ravens’ Willis McGahee. The ex-Bill finished with 114 yards on 19 carries with a 46-yard TD compared to Lynch’s 84 yards on 27 carries with a long run of 23. Lynch was bottled up in the second half, gaining just 22 yards on 14 trips.

WIDE RECEIVERS (C+)- Evans finally got loose deep - he nearly dropped the ball on his season-long 54-yard reception probably because he was so surprised - and finished with five catches for 98 yards. Josh Reed and Parrish caught one ball each.

more.... (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071021/SPORTS/71021012/1007)

TacklingDummy
10-21-2007, 05:22 PM
I'd be shocked if they switched back to Losman next week.

It's the Bills first win against a good team since week 16 - Saturday, December 24, 2005.

YardRat
10-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Those are fair grades.

I didn't realize there were only 10 men on the field on Willis' TD run...Was that our defense or their offense?

BlackMetalNinja
10-21-2007, 06:22 PM
I'd be shocked if they switched back to Losman next week.

It's the Bills first win against a good team since week 16 - Saturday, December 24, 2005.

I'd be surprised too, but that being said, Edwards was less than stellar. He was merely decent for the most part, and that INT sucked...

Oaf
10-21-2007, 06:26 PM
I thought Evans DID drop that deep one and my drink was ready to be hurled.
:phew:

cas22
10-21-2007, 06:33 PM
I say you let losman start next week against the jets! I don't see where edwards has done nothing to be the starter infact the ravens made many mistakes and the penalties caused them dearly and the pass int in the endzone was a bad call!!

if you look at the stats you have thought the ravens won!!

PECKERWOOD
10-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Lynch, imo deserves atleast a B. Our OL deserves an F as far as run blocking went and believe it or not, I'll give Fairchild some props for developing a good gameplan that took pressure off of Trent.

jamze132
10-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Let's not foget that we did play the #3 defense in the NFL today, and the two rookies were part of the solution and not the problem. Cut them some slack.

And in no way should we make another QB switch. The offense is finally starting to get some continuity and it needs to maintain in. Sorry JP.

HHURRICANE
10-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Let's not foget that we did play the #3 defense in the NFL today, and the two rookies were part of the solution and not the problem. Cut them some slack.

And in no way should we make another QB switch. The offense is finally starting to get some continuity and it needs to maintain in. Sorry JP.

Our roster is full of no-names and our only 2 wins are with Trent under center. Logic says stick with Trent but the Losmanites want to give JP his 7th chance because he cleaned up Buffalo and is a big "Star Wars" fan.

MTBillsFan
10-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Fairchild tends to out-think himself sometimes and probably thought he could get away with an out rout after averaging almost 7 yards/ attempt. At that point in the game and with that field possition, why not run it into the line and eat up more time and make the Ravens go 60 or 70 yards instead of 15.

TacklingDummy
10-21-2007, 07:34 PM
I'd be surprised too, but that being said, Edwards was less than stellar. He was merely decent for the most part, and that INT sucked...

Rookie mistake.

Don't forget he was playing against the Ravens defense. They have made Pro-Bowl QBs look bad. :snicker:

SABURZFAN
10-21-2007, 07:36 PM
I say you let losman start next week against the jets! I don't see where edwards has done nothing to be the starter infact the ravens made many mistakes and the penalties caused them dearly and the pass int in the endzone was a bad call!!

if you look at the stats you have thought the ravens won!!

what a douche of a post. :down:

TacklingDummy
10-21-2007, 07:36 PM
I say you let losman start next week against the jets! I don't see where edwards has done nothing to be the starter infact

Besides the fact that the Bills should be 3-0 in games Trent starts, I don't see why either.

jamze132
10-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Our roster is full of no-names and our only 2 wins are with Trent under center. Logic says stick with Trent but the Losmanites want to give JP his 7th chance because he cleaned up Buffalo and is a big "Star Wars" fan.
:roflmao:

I don't agree with you about Losman and his 7 chances, but that was one funny post!

Losmanites and Star Wars :roflmao:

jamze132
10-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Fairchild tends to out-think himself sometimes and probably thought he could get away with an out rout after averaging almost 7 yards/ attempt. At that point in the game and with that field possition, why not run it into the line and eat up more time and make the Ravens go 60 or 70 yards instead of 15.
I don't have any problem passing the ball in that situation, just the decision to throw the ball to that reciever who was pretty well covered. Oh well, it didn't cost us the game.

B-DON
10-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Besides the fact that the Bills should be 3-0 in games Trent starts, I don't see why either.

Hopefully he is like Vince Young in all they do is win. No matter the stats.