PDA

View Full Version : Could Buffalo go 9-1 the rest of the way?

TigerJ
10-21-2007, 11:08 PM
I can not argue that the Bills will beat the Patriots, but I can't think of another opponent remaining on their schedule that they can't beat if they play anywhere close to their capability. I'm not predicting they go 9-1, but it doesn't seem impossible to me.

So, what do you think?

Michael82
10-21-2007, 11:09 PM
:lmao:

Mudflap1
10-21-2007, 11:11 PM
:rofl:

Mitchy moo
10-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Considering we could be 4-2 with a few ticks the right way I cannot see how looking at our schedule how this is impossible. I feel good about our chances this week against the Jets to make us 3-4, from their on out we can say Cinci / Miami is not to big a juggernaut to make us 5-4. They are both reeling and are not exactly stable by any stretch.

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>8</TD><TD noWrap>Sun, Oct 28</TD><TD>at NY Jets (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyj)</TD><TD colSpan=2>Tickets (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/this.href+'?gcid=C12289x446&gtkw=New+York+Jets'&quot;)</TD><TD colSpan=2>CBS</TD><TD colSpan=2>4:05 PM</TD></TR><!--gameStatus=1--><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top><TD>9</TD><TD noWrap>Sun, Nov 4</TD><TD>Cincinnati (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=cin)</TD><TD colSpan=2>Tickets (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/this.href+'?gcid=C12289x446&gtkw=Buffalo+Bills'&quot;)</TD><TD colSpan=2>CBS</TD><TD colSpan=2>1:00 PM</TD></TR><!--gameStatus=1--><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>10</TD><TD noWrap>Sun, Nov 11</TD><TD>at Miami (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia)</TD><TD colSpan=2>Tickets (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/this.href+'?gcid=C12289x446&gtkw=Miami+Dolphins'&quot;)</TD><TD colSpan=2>CBS</TD><TD colSpan=2>1:00 PM</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

G. Host
10-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Considering we could be 4-2 with a few ticks the right way I cannot see how looking at our schedule how this is impossible. I feel good about our chances this week against the Jets to make us 3-4, from their on out we can say Miami is not a juggernaut to make us 4-4.

What happened to Cincinnati Skooby who we played between Jets and Miami?
Did a hurricane knock down the stadium?

SABURZFAN
10-21-2007, 11:18 PM
I can not argue that the Bills will beat the Patriots, but I can't think of another opponent remaining on their schedule that they can't beat if they play anywhere close o hei capability. I'm not predicting they go 9-1, but it doesn't seem impossible to me.

So, what do you think?

i don't think so.both sides of the ball are not controlling enough to make that happen.

Mitchy moo
10-21-2007, 11:20 PM
What happened to Cincinnati Skooby who we played between Jets and Miami?
Did a hurricane knock down the stadium?

I fixed it for that but a 3-17 record now isn't exactly a wall we cannot climb in the next 3 games. Consider how we treated Miami last year and the abyss they have climbed in this year.

TacklingDummy
10-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Put Lossman in and the Bills will go 10-0 the rest of the way.

Philagape
10-21-2007, 11:22 PM
no.

TheBrownBear
10-21-2007, 11:25 PM
I think 7-3 or 6-4 the rest of the way would be an accomplishment. We still play the Dolphins twice, so that's two guaranteed wins right there.

Mitchy moo
10-21-2007, 11:28 PM
I think 7-3 or 6-4 the rest of the way would be an accomplishment. We still play the Dolphins twice, so that's two guaranteed wins right there.

True.

PECKERWOOD
10-21-2007, 11:31 PM
What IF...

we beat New England! That would be worth the entire season right there! :biggrin:

Mitchy moo
10-21-2007, 11:33 PM
What IF...

we beat New England! That would be worth the entire season right there! :biggrin:

If it made us 6-4, it makes the season at that point.

G. Host
10-22-2007, 12:28 AM

No wins are guarenteed. This is the NFL not baseball.

LtFinFan66
10-22-2007, 12:32 AM
Can they: Sure

Will they: No way

Just my dose of unbiased reality

Ebenezer
10-22-2007, 12:49 AM
Not with this offense.

Mr. Pink
10-22-2007, 12:54 AM
Realistically we could go 5-5...but that still puts us on the wrong side of .500 and out of the playoffs, unfortunately. Even 6-4 the rest of the way will put us out of the playoffs.

To make the playoffs we'd literally have to go 8-2 to finish out the year. It's a pipedream, but anything is possible.

SABURZFAN
10-22-2007, 01:47 AM
We still play the Dolphins twice, so that's two guaranteed wins right there.

i'm not too sure about that.the Fish can put points on the boards.our offense will have to step up a notch for us to beat them.

Shiny Chicken
10-22-2007, 03:06 AM
I think getting to 5-4 is quite realistic at this point. We are simply a better team than either the Jets or the Dolphins. Not that that's saying much, and Cinci just won their second game... barely... against the Jets. We have three games ahead that we will likely be favored to win in all three. After that it gets a bit scarier.

Billz_fan
10-22-2007, 04:02 AM

Big mistake counting those wins already.

YardRat
10-22-2007, 05:17 AM
One game at a time. The only contest I care about right now is against the Jets.

Historian
10-22-2007, 05:25 AM
Not with our injuries.

I do see a strong finish though.

Mahdi
10-22-2007, 06:38 AM
Washington and the Giants will be really tough games.

Meathead
10-22-2007, 09:42 AM
he must abstain from wine and other fermented drink and must not drink vinegar made from wine or from other fermented drink

Stewie
10-22-2007, 10:05 AM
No way, no how.

I will be glad if we can regularly score two offensive touchdowns per game by the end of the season

Tatonka
10-22-2007, 10:24 AM
our defense would have to keep playing well and we would need some serious production from whatever qb is in there.

there is no way to win that many games without getting our offense going.

it does really make it killer to lose the denver and dallas games.. it really chaps my ass.

OpIv37
10-22-2007, 10:29 AM
I can not argue that the Bills will beat the Patriots, but I can't think of another opponent remaining on their schedule that they can't beat if they play anywhere close o hei capability. I'm not predicting they go 9-1, but it doesn't seem impossible to me.

So, what do you think?

no friggin way.

Even when this team wins, they allow opponents to stick around way too long. Granted, the worst of the schedule is behind us, but there are more than a few games remaining where other teams will take advantage of our mistakes.

Jauron does not know how to finish a game- he's proven that time and time again, win or lose.

GoBenGo
10-22-2007, 10:58 AM
no. agreed

Oaf
10-22-2007, 11:28 AM
You have to remember no game is a gimme, especially for us. I could see us losing against Miami at home somehow, but hopefully we'll take care of business and win like we should.

You also have to remember that the Giants and maybe even the Redskins seem to be legitimate teams as well now.

colin
10-22-2007, 12:15 PM
our defense would have to keep playing well and we would need some serious production from whatever qb is in there.

there is no way to win that many games without getting our offense going.

it does really make it killer to lose the denver and dallas games.. it really chaps my ass.

x-actly.

what we are seeing with us winning yesterday and being seconds from 4-2 is how superior special teams and a philosophy can work.

if we dominate special teams, and i think we are about the best, then keeping the ball, forcing a couple of punts, and maybe a turnover gives
1 a young fast small d desperate rest time
2 a bad bad O some ball control chances, better field possy, and trips to the red zone
3 a positive result from moving the ball a little and punting.

by being good in the first half, getting a lead/in games, we give our young and not so talented team shots to win against awesome teams.

the more our o can control the ball, the more our D can force punts, the bigger the difference our special teams become.

once we throw in a legit O with some WRs and maybe a TE who can run and catch w might have something

SABURZFAN
10-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Put Lossman in and the Bills will go 10-0 the rest of the way.

don't you mean 0-10?

THATHURMANATOR
10-22-2007, 02:34 PM
I say we go 5-5 rest of the way. Our Offense just isnt very good right now.

Night Train
10-22-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm not sure.. but then again I can't argue with the most decent/giving person on this board.

TigerJ
10-22-2007, 05:22 PM

I pretty much agree with this assessment. Buffalo played three teams with top ten defensive units in the first six games of the season. In the first three games of the season, the Bills run defense was awful. It's now OK to pretty good, and except for New England, every team the Bills play is pretty ordinary. I think they will manage to lose 2 or 3 besides the NE game, but I don't think 6 or 7 wins is too much of a stretch.

Mr. Cynical
10-22-2007, 06:14 PM
I can not argue that the Bills will beat the Patriots, but I can't think of another opponent remaining on their schedule that they can't beat if they play anywhere close to their capability. I'm not predicting they go 9-1, but it doesn't seem impossible to me.

So, what do you think?

:smoke:

G Wolly
10-22-2007, 07:17 PM
Yes, they definitely could.

jamze132
10-22-2007, 07:42 PM
So the concensus on the board right now is that we are some how going to improve based on the strength of schedule from here on out?

Meathead
10-22-2007, 08:15 PM
then again I can't argue with the most decent/giving person on this board.
so youre saying we should abstain from wine vinegar

Mahdi
10-23-2007, 07:42 AM
We will not win out until Lynch averages more than 4 ypc and our QBs get in sink with our WRs. We have no receiving TDs from wrs.

TigerJ
10-23-2007, 10:49 AM
It's going to have to be an awfully big sink to hold a QB and all our receivers, maybe a hot tub.

North_Coast
10-23-2007, 01:10 PM
It's going to have to be an awfully big sink to hold a QB and all our receivers, maybe a hot tub.

ROFLMAO!!! Too funny!

North_Coast
10-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Ya think? Why? Because the Bills won against the crippled Ravens' defense with their not-ready-for-the-NFL backup QB and bizarre play-calling?

One TD and 9.3 points per game from the offense isn't going to be enough to win more than 3 or 4 games the rest of the way.

The Answer
10-23-2007, 01:20 PM

So, what do you think?

As long as The Young Gun stays in the starting lineup we will have a chance to win every game the rest of the season.

We go back to a lesser QB and we will lose games - after all that's why he's called LOSSman.

~The Answer

JD
10-23-2007, 01:58 PM
We'll probably lead 9 of 10 games and lose them by a field goal within the final minute.

North_Coast
10-23-2007, 03:06 PM
As long as The Young Gun stays in the starting lineup we will have a chance to win every game the rest of the season.

We go back to a lesser QB and we will lose games - after all that's why he's called LOSSman.

~The Answer

With the Bills offense scoring at the roaring clip of 9.3 points per game, it would seem that "The Young Gun" shoots lots of blanks.