PDA

View Full Version : My thread in support of Dick Jauron

xXSpIkes5IXx
10-22-2007, 03:49 AM
Though at this point in the season we are 2-4, we are 2 plays away from being 4-2. I am amazed at how this team is staying in games, however it seems like aside from today we have had trouble sealing the deal.

Remember how this board felt after the first 3 weeks? Our Quarterback was injured, as well as half of our defense, we werent getting the ball to Lee Evans, one of our players suffered a life threatening injury, and we had just gotten obliterated by the Steelers and Patriots in back to back weeks.

Jauron has this team playing with heart. Who is John Digiorgio? Jabari Greer? George Wilson? Jim Leonard? Undrafted free agents who are stepping up and making the most of their playing time. Though Dick Jauron and his staff have made a few bonehead calls(ie passing on 3rd down up 8 points and in field goal range against the cowboys), but they have this team hungry and motivated. A team with this much adversity could have folded after the Pats game, but we have been in every game since then.

Whether its JP or Edwards from here on out, if this Buffalo Bills team continues to play with heart and salvage this season where fate has not been on their side, it is a success in my opinion. If we can get into the 7 or 8 win range this year, i think it bodes well for being a legit playoff contender next year, with Poz and Ko back, and probably a new first round defensive addition and a couple free agents.

Billz_fan
10-22-2007, 04:08 AM
Oh boy next year !! I haven't thought we might be good next year in a long time :laughter:

Historian
10-22-2007, 04:41 AM
Though at this point in the season we are 2-4, we are 2 plays away from being 4-2. I am amazed at how this team is staying in games, however it seems like aside from today we have had trouble sealing the deal.

I agree.

And it seems as if DJ actually learned from the previous two last second losses, as he kept the ball on the ground running time off the clock yesterday.

Billick, on the other hand, should have taken the points down in close, instead of throwing on 4th down.

YardRat
10-22-2007, 05:12 AM
I wonder how many Ravens fans think Billick is a dumb-ass and should be fired this week?

John Doe
10-22-2007, 05:48 AM
I wonder how many Ravens fans think Billick is a dumb-ass and should be fired this week?

And that is a coach who has won a superbowl.

So many people are saying that the Bills should be 4-2 with good coaching. But, with all the injuries that the team has had and the lack of experience, very few think that the team has 4-2 talent. The two viewpoints are not compatible.

There was a lot of talk after the Cowboys game about how a devastated Bills team would go into the tank after such a gut-wrenching loss. It didn't happen. I think that the coaching had something to do with that.

Romes
10-22-2007, 06:23 AM
My biggest issue with the coaching staff is there time management skills (ie. their play calling at the end of the game). As far as getting the team ready, gameplanning and discipline in terms of penalties I actually think they have been pretty good.

Philagape
10-22-2007, 08:03 AM
Dick is one of the reasons we're 2-4 instead of 4-2.

And I don't want a coach who's learning in the job in his eighth year.

HHURRICANE
10-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Dick is one of the reasons we're 2-4 instead of 4-2.

And I don't want a coach who's learning in the job in his eighth year.

He might also be the reson that we aren't 0-6.

What star players is the roster carrying? Yes, Jauron has made some bad calls but this team shows up to play.

This is the right coach for this team right now.

Philagape
10-22-2007, 08:24 AM
Then we half a coach. Maybe if we can get someone else to make calls during the game, we'd be complete.

TacklingDummy
10-22-2007, 08:26 AM
He might also be the reson that we aren't 0-6.

What star players is the roster carrying? Yes, Jauron has made some bad calls but this team shows up to play.

This is the right coach for this team right now.

It was the players who didn't excute crucial plays during the Den./Dal. games.

OpIv37
10-22-2007, 08:28 AM

Remember how this board felt after the first 3 weeks? Our Quarterback was injured, as well as half of our defense, we werent getting the ball to Lee Evans, one of our players suffered a life threatening injury, and we had just gotten obliterated by the Steelers and Patriots in back to back weeks.

Jauron has this team playing with heart. Who is John Digiorgio? Jabari Greer? George Wilson? Jim Leonard? Undrafted free agents who are stepping up and making the most of their playing time. Though Dick Jauron and his staff have made a few bonehead calls(ie passing on 3rd down up 8 points and in field goal range against the cowboys), but they have this team hungry and motivated. A team with this much adversity could have folded after the Pats game, but we have been in every game since then.

Whether its JP or Edwards from here on out, if this Buffalo Bills team continues to play with heart and salvage this season where fate has not been on their side, it is a success in my opinion. If we can get into the 7 or 8 win range this year, i think it bodes well for being a legit playoff contender next year, with Poz and Ko back, and probably a new first round defensive addition and a couple free agents.

the bonehead calls are the reason we're 4-2 instead of 2-4. Jauron consistently has the team well prepared going into the game, but then the game starts. He gets outcoached EVERY game and he almost outcoached himself with his conservative play calls at the end of the game.

It's pretty clear that Jauron doesn't know how to seal the deal at the end of the game. Even when we win, it's because someone on our team makes a great play or someone on the other team makes a mistake after we miss several opportunities to put the game out of reach.

OpIv37
10-22-2007, 08:30 AM

see, here's the problem with this statement: It assumes that the only reason people want Jauron fired is the most recent game. How quickly we forget all the other mistakes he's made, most notably the Denver game and the Dallas game.

No one wanted Jauron fired after we lost to the Pats in the opener last year (well, maybe one or two people). It took a series of blunders and a season and a half of consistently being outcoached to get to this point.

Philagape
10-22-2007, 08:43 AM
The question isn't why should he be fired, it's why should he have been hired in the first place after a mostly losing career? Since that trend has continued, the question should be why does he deserve to stay?

Maybe we can keep him around as Team Best Buddy so the millionaire players will still play hard.

HHURRICANE
10-22-2007, 08:53 AM
the bonehead calls are the reason we're 4-2 instead of 2-4. Jauron consistently has the team well prepared going into the game, but then the game starts. He gets outcoached EVERY game and he almost outcoached himself with his conservative play calls at the end of the game.

It's pretty clear that Jauron doesn't know how to seal the deal at the end of the game. Even when we win, it's because someone on our team makes a great play or someone on the other team makes a mistake after we miss several opportunities to put the game out of reach.

I agree with your entire post. However, out of all of the coaches that were available when we hired him, he's still the best choice.

In addition the guy has our players playing at a pretty high level considering the roster and injuries.

My friend and I are having to ask who some of the players are because we don't recognize the numbers.

bigbub2352
10-22-2007, 09:28 AM
My question is why are we running a no huddle offense when we are in the 4th quarter with the lead, also if it is not DJ, than it is his offensive cordinator, but again for the 6th game in a row were are the throw to the rb, te, etc, cant win games scoring 19 points all the time, He is not the answer here and neither are his assistance's including MCNally, our line sucks