X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

So what about that bust McCargo?

If he can stay healthy, maybe he won't be a bad one for a DT. Maybe he's the reason Mario shoot up to #1 a year ago?
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: So what about that bust McCargo?

McCargo is going to be a beast.

Comment

• billsburgh
      • Jul 2003

not according to some of the experts around here. If you're not any good from day one, you never will be.

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

If he can stay healthy he will definitely turn into a beast. He is maturing very fast and is part of the reason the DL has looked very good the past few games (Hargrove is the other reason). I am disappointed in Schoebel and Kelsay though. When the Ravens where in obvious passing situations in the second half they should of teed off on Boller yet Boller still had too much time.

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

I still think the defensive line is awful. The Ravens were without three starters on their offensive line and were forced to play three rookies yet McGahee still averaged more yards per carry then Lynch (even if you take out McGahee's long run).

The Bills should have dominated the line of scrimmage.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
            I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
            • Sep 2004

He looked great to me, and we got another win. That's the most important thing.
            The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by don137
              If he can stay healthy he will definitely turn into a beast. He is maturing very fast and is part of the reason the DL has looked very good the past few games (Hargrove is the other reason). I am disappointed in Schoebel and Kelsay though. When the Ravens where in obvious passing situations in the second half they should of teed off on Boller yet Boller still had too much time.
              I'll give Kelsay a pass because he was injured early in the game and not 100% even when he was on the field. Schobel sucked at the pass rush- his only redeeming play was when he was able to cover Boller on that trick play. I don't think he tipped the pass but he got in the passing lane, forcing a high throw and blocking Boller's vision on the play.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by billsburgh
                not according to some of the experts around here. If you're not any good from day one, you never will be.
                seems like your attitude towards edwards. McCargo play has just been awesome. Next offseason we can say good bye to Tripplett

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

there was a play early in the 1st quarter.. maybe someone can confirm this.. the ravens were backed up close to their endzone.. and i THINK it was mccargo.. he bolted through the line and killed boller just as he was handing the ball off to the running back..

it happened so fast i didnt see the replay.. it was either mccargo or tripplett.. but whichever one it was.. it so reminded me of sam adams.. he would get one of those every few games where he got through the line so fast he almost took the handoff from the running back.

mccargo has looked excellent this season. seriously, if you are unhappy with mccargos play, i really dont know what to say. he has been impressive... especially taking into consideration that he played 5 games as a rookie and was coming off of his second broken foot.. he has a total of 11 games of experience..

people have talked about being patient with him.. well i dont know that you could expect a DT to develope any faster than he has.. DTs can take years to develop.. and mccargo still doesnt have a full season under his belt.

he has a bright future if he keeps playing and improving at this rate.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• billsburgh
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                    seems like your attitude towards edwards. McCargo play has just been awesome. Next offseason we can say good bye to Tripplett
                    We can only hope. Tripplett has been absolutely useless. I've seen alot more out of McCargo than Tripplett.

Comment

• baalworship
                      • May 2003

McCargo is gonna be a beast. Now we just need one more stud DT next to him...

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        there was a play early in the 1st quarter.. maybe someone can confirm this.. the ravens were backed up close to their endzone.. and i THINK it was mccargo.. he bolted through the line and killed boller just as he was handing the ball off to the running back..

it happened so fast i didnt see the replay.. it was either mccargo or tripplett.. but whichever one it was.. it so reminded me of sam adams.. he would get one of those every few games where he got through the line so fast he almost took the handoff from the running back.

mccargo has looked excellent this season. seriously, if you are unhappy with mccargos play, i really dont know what to say. he has been impressive... especially taking into consideration that he played 5 games as a rookie and was coming off of his second broken foot.. he has a total of 11 games of experience..

people have talked about being patient with him.. well i dont know that you could expect a DT to develope any faster than he has.. DTs can take years to develop.. and mccargo still doesnt have a full season under his belt.

Fat Sam came immediately to my mind also after that play.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka

That was acc Crowell

Comment

• djjimkelly
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by billsburgh

or u can beat the 1-6 jets and become a legend

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

This is exactly why Im havent lost faith in the coaching staff. Everything takes time and the right circumstances. We havent had much of either. McCargo is a perfect example of something or someone so many of us tried to write off way to early.

Comment

Working...
                              X