PDA

View Full Version : So what about that bust McCargo?

ghz in pittsburgh
10-22-2007, 06:04 AM
If he can stay healthy, maybe he won't be a bad one for a DT. Maybe he's the reason Mario shoot up to #1 a year ago?

Forward_Lateral
10-22-2007, 06:10 AM
McCargo is going to be a beast.

billsburgh
10-22-2007, 07:01 AM
not according to some of the experts around here. If you're not any good from day one, you never will be.

don137
10-22-2007, 07:02 AM
If he can stay healthy he will definitely turn into a beast. He is maturing very fast and is part of the reason the DL has looked very good the past few games (Hargrove is the other reason). I am disappointed in Schoebel and Kelsay though. When the Ravens where in obvious passing situations in the second half they should of teed off on Boller yet Boller still had too much time.

EDS
10-22-2007, 08:00 AM
I still think the defensive line is awful. The Ravens were without three starters on their offensive line and were forced to play three rookies yet McGahee still averaged more yards per carry then Lynch (even if you take out McGahee's long run).

The Bills should have dominated the line of scrimmage.

The last buffalo fan
10-22-2007, 10:02 AM
He looked great to me, and we got another win. That's the most important thing.

OpIv37
10-22-2007, 10:04 AM
If he can stay healthy he will definitely turn into a beast. He is maturing very fast and is part of the reason the DL has looked very good the past few games (Hargrove is the other reason). I am disappointed in Schoebel and Kelsay though. When the Ravens where in obvious passing situations in the second half they should of teed off on Boller yet Boller still had too much time.

I'll give Kelsay a pass because he was injured early in the game and not 100% even when he was on the field. Schobel sucked at the pass rush- his only redeeming play was when he was able to cover Boller on that trick play. I don't think he tipped the pass but he got in the passing lane, forcing a high throw and blocking Boller's vision on the play.

camelcowboy
10-22-2007, 10:19 AM
not according to some of the experts around here. If you're not any good from day one, you never will be. seems like your attitude towards edwards. McCargo play has just been awesome. Next offseason we can say good bye to Tripplett

Tatonka
10-22-2007, 10:20 AM
there was a play early in the 1st quarter.. maybe someone can confirm this.. the ravens were backed up close to their endzone.. and i THINK it was mccargo.. he bolted through the line and killed boller just as he was handing the ball off to the running back..

it happened so fast i didnt see the replay.. it was either mccargo or tripplett.. but whichever one it was.. it so reminded me of sam adams.. he would get one of those every few games where he got through the line so fast he almost took the handoff from the running back.

mccargo has looked excellent this season. seriously, if you are unhappy with mccargos play, i really dont know what to say. he has been impressive... especially taking into consideration that he played 5 games as a rookie and was coming off of his second broken foot.. he has a total of 11 games of experience..

people have talked about being patient with him.. well i dont know that you could expect a DT to develope any faster than he has.. DTs can take years to develop.. and mccargo still doesnt have a full season under his belt.

he has a bright future if he keeps playing and improving at this rate.

billsburgh
10-22-2007, 11:15 AM
seems like your attitude towards edwards. McCargo play has just been awesome. Next offseason we can say good bye to Tripplett
We can only hope. Tripplett has been absolutely useless. I've seen alot more out of McCargo than Tripplett.

baalworship
10-22-2007, 11:21 AM
McCargo is gonna be a beast. Now we just need one more stud DT next to him...

YardRat
10-22-2007, 12:09 PM
there was a play early in the 1st quarter.. maybe someone can confirm this.. the ravens were backed up close to their endzone.. and i THINK it was mccargo.. he bolted through the line and killed boller just as he was handing the ball off to the running back..

it happened so fast i didnt see the replay.. it was either mccargo or tripplett.. but whichever one it was.. it so reminded me of sam adams.. he would get one of those every few games where he got through the line so fast he almost took the handoff from the running back.

mccargo has looked excellent this season. seriously, if you are unhappy with mccargos play, i really dont know what to say. he has been impressive... especially taking into consideration that he played 5 games as a rookie and was coming off of his second broken foot.. he has a total of 11 games of experience..

people have talked about being patient with him.. well i dont know that you could expect a DT to develope any faster than he has.. DTs can take years to develop.. and mccargo still doesnt have a full season under his belt.

Fat Sam came immediately to my mind also after that play.

SquishDaFish
10-22-2007, 03:50 PM

That was acc Crowell

djjimkelly
10-22-2007, 03:56 PM
not according to some of the experts around here. If you're not any good from day one, you never will be.

or u can beat the 1-6 jets and become a legend

Mahdi
10-22-2007, 04:45 PM
This is exactly why Im havent lost faith in the coaching staff. Everything takes time and the right circumstances. We havent had much of either. McCargo is a perfect example of something or someone so many of us tried to write off way to early.

OpIv37
10-22-2007, 05:06 PM
This is exactly why Im havent lost faith in the coaching staff. Everything takes time and the right circumstances. We havent had much of either. McCargo is a perfect example of something or someone so many of us tried to write off way to early.

There are two key differences:
1. Replacing players, while still difficult, is much easier and less disruptive than replacing coaches
2. This is McCargo's first opportunity at the NFL level, whereas our coach had 5 seasons in the NFL before coming to Buffalo, and did poorly. He continues to do poorly here.

I do agree that McCargo is playing a lot better, and I can't wait to see what he can do if our DE's ever step it up or we get someone decent to play next to him at DT. Injuries still need to be a concern with him, although in his defense he's 6 of 6 for the year.

YardRat
10-22-2007, 05:12 PM
or u can beat the 1-6 jets and become a legend

Your posts need to either get a grip or grow up.