• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

A tough decision at QB

Im firmly in support of Edwards but this is two games in a row without a throwing TD, and two games with big interceptions.

Im a bit concerned about his arm strength as well. Our best WR is a deep threat and we should have a QB that can get the ball too him.

• don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: A tough decision at QB

Edwards still has a lot of learning and growing to do. He has made some mistakes but he is still very smart for a QB. I am hoping as his confidence grows he will go more vertical. This will help open up the running game.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

We played one of the best D's in the league and won. You have to weigh that into the equation that they didn't get there by accident. We are also playing a rookie QB w/ more poise than anyone I have seen play QB in 10 years for the Bills and he is only a handful of games in.

We are going to torch the Jets this week and this will be a non-issue. The Ravens had given up 10 total points in their last 2 games (7 / 3).

Comment

• acehole
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Skooby
        We played one of the best D's in the league and won. You have to weigh that into the equation that they didn't get there by accident. We are also playing a rookie QB w/ more poise than anyone I have seen play QB in 10 years for the Bills and he is only a handful of games in.

We are going to torch the Jets this week and this will be a non-issue. No one and I mena no one has crushed the Ravens this year.
        We dont wiegh anything skoob remember excuses excuses?
        Seems to be fair that we should not make any for edwards either.
        We won that game inspite of him not because....

11-21, 158 yards, 1 crucial int, no TD, 23% conversions on 3rd /
        Hated by the stupid..
        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• acehole
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Skooby

We are going to torch the Jets this week and this will be a non-issue. No one and I mena no one has crushed the Ravens this year.
          You might be right about the above.....but you might be suprised about which qb does it.
          Hated by the stupid..
          Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by acehole

We won the game and he is learning, 2 things that make us better. You need to check how many yards Baltimore gave up each game this year. We're not too far from the average passing yards they allow, pretty close actually. From a running standpoint we on or above the average so all in all not bad. I didn't plan on us rolling them easily, their too good on D for that.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

You might be right about the above.....but you might be suprised about which qb does it.
              The only thing surprising me is that we are trying to judge a victory against a very good Defense as being a problem.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Dec 2005

A win is a win... especially at this point.

Comment

• Inetpub
                  i'm a tool
                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by jp-era
                  Im firmly in support of Edwards but this is two games in a row without a throwing TD, and two games with big interceptions.

Im a bit concerned about his arm strength as well. Our best WR is a deep threat and we should have a QB that can get the ball too him.
                  And yet, JP is losing his job while on the bench. I am a bit concerned JP Loserman will never play in the NFL again seeing as he has been such a morale booster and great leader. Winning us all those games I can count in 2 hands in 3 seasons. And being a great cheerleader on the field while pouting on the bench.

And dont forget his 5x100 or less yardage games. 1/6th of the losermans games have been 100 yards or less. Now you want to criticize about QBs? lol. Bringing a QB contraversy with JP Losman as artillery is like calling a duck a goat. Its still a duck.
                  That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Change your screen name and jump off the JP bandwagon while you can.
                    Last edited by TacklingDummy; 10-22-2007, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

I don't remember there being a concern with Edwards from the scouting reports I read as far as arm strength. He isn't Farve certaintly but he isn't Pennington either, and in between there are alot of very successful NFL quarterbacks.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

Ravens set a team-record of five interceptions just last week, just a FYI.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EDS
                          I don't remember there being a concern with Edwards from the scouting reports I read as far as arm strength. He isn't Farve certaintly but he isn't Pennington either, and in between there are alot of very successful NFL quarterbacks.
                          Edwards can make all the throws, he cant thread the needle like a Vince Young can but he can throw deep, throw the out, the corner route, and the post.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            Edwards can make all the throws, he cant thread the needle like a Vince Young can but he can throw deep, throw the out, the corner route, and the post.
                            Where does everyone come up with this stuff?? This kid just ran a no huddle offense all game in his 3rd NFL start. Judging whether or not he can make thread the needle throws after 3 games is impossible.

Comment

• EDS
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                              This is why I don't understand why people are questioning his arm strength. Half the starting QB's in the league have similar arm strength.

Question Edwards' performance and overall play, sure, but not his arm strength.

Comment

Working...
                              X