PDA

View Full Version : Another QB Thread...

Romes
10-22-2007, 07:38 AM
Sorry for yet another QB thread, but this was on my mind.

Why not give TE the same benifit of the doubt Losman had? Some people seem critical of him in areas they would have given Losman a pass to last year.

And why bash Losman like he is the next coming of Rob Johnson? He tried, he didn't succeed. He has been good to the city, good to the fans. It just didn't work out for him.

TacklingDummy
10-22-2007, 07:43 AM
:popcorn:

Inetpub
10-22-2007, 07:44 AM
Because Losman is only a 4th year rookie. Until he hits the magic 200 game point, he'll still only be a rookie. Didnt you know that?

Mitchy moo
10-22-2007, 07:50 AM
I really don't think this is about JP anymore, the coaches trust Edwards. They would not have given JP a no huddle offense to run, ever.

Romes
10-22-2007, 08:04 AM
Because Losman is only a 4th year rookie. Until he hits the magic 200 game point, he'll still only be a rookie. Didnt you know that?

I can't help but think this type of post is a slight at Losman or a jab at people that supported him last year. Am I wrong?

Romes
10-22-2007, 08:05 AM
I really don't think this is about JP anymore, the coaches trust Edwards. They would not have given JP a no huddle offense to run, ever.

They clearly see Edwards fitting into/handling the system better than Losman.

Mitchy moo
10-22-2007, 08:09 AM
They clearly see Edwards fitting into/handling the system better than Losman.

It's so obvious, it's sickening.

Romes
10-22-2007, 08:16 AM
It's so obvious, it's sickening.

not sickening, it just doesn't leave much up for debate.

Mitchy moo
10-22-2007, 08:18 AM
not sickening, it just doesn't leave much up for debate.

We'll have plenty of debate until the Bills are above .500.

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 10:42 AM

JP won 2 games last year running a no huddle and 2 minute drill. The only reason why we ran it yesterday is because some other team came up with the idea and Fairchild not having the ability to come up with a great idea by himself , copied that other team.

Mitchy moo
10-22-2007, 10:46 AM
idiotic statement considering JP won 2 games last year running a no huddle and 2 minute drill. The only reason why we ran it yesterday is because some other team came up with the idea and Fairchild not having the ability to come up with a great idea by himself , copied that other team.

What I meant is this season there is no way JP runs a no huddle, even if he was in there. The coaching staff has little faith in him, henceforth TE starting. I know he ran it last year but in general we sucked last year so no credit given. Us sucking also brought us our new RB and QB so in the long run it's a good thing.

Bufftp
10-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Edwards stellar QB rating has given me hope! :up:

Actually I don't think it's the QB- but the O-Co-ordinator, the play calling, this "system", and neither QB has had a fair shake playing for/in it.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2007, 11:18 AM

Why not give TE the same benifit of the doubt Losman had? Some people seem critical of him in areas they would have given Losman a pass to last year.

And why bash Losman like he is the next coming of Rob Johnson? He tried, he didn't succeed. He has been good to the city, good to the fans. It just didn't work out for him.

I gave Losman too much of a pass at times, other times after a loss I'd be hypercritical and I don't want to go through the same thing with Edwards. I'm trying to be more objective this time around, it's nothing personal. Trent has looked good for a rookie but if he were a 3rd-4th year veteran like Losman is then I'd be screaming for him to be benched. So to put this in perspective, as a rookie QB Trent Edwards looks fantastic but in comparison to a veteran QB he looks sub average, imo.

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 11:29 AM
What I meant is this season there is no way JP runs a no huddle, even if he was in there. The coaching staff has little faith in him, henceforth TE starting. I know he ran it last year but in general we sucked last year so no credit given. Us sucking also brought us our new RB and QB so in the long run it's a good thing. TE is in there for different reasons. Not having faith in JP is your opinion. Besides, it's a good thing TE has a good head on his shoulder because he's making Fairchild look better with short passes. Fairchild supposedly knows the deep ball game. He couldn't hold Gilbrides jockstrap.

Romes
10-22-2007, 11:45 AM
TE is in there for different reasons. Not having faith in JP is your opinion. Besides, it's a good thing TE has a good head on his shoulder because he's making Fairchild look better with short passes. Fairchild supposedly knows the deep ball game. He couldn't hold Gilbrides jockstrap.

I agree I don't think its an issue of faith, i think TE just fits their idea of a QB better.

But if they wanted a "dink and dunk" they could have gone with Holcomb instead of Losman last year. don't forget the deep game did have some success that year. I think its more a matter of making quick reads. Losman still tries to make too much out of nothing sometimes.

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 11:53 AM
. I think its more a matter of making quick reads. Losman still tries to make too much out of nothing sometimes.

I think the coaches are the issue. early this year. They were trying to get a feel of Lynch and the OL. When they let JP throw, JP threw for over 300 yards with short and long balls against the jets last year which was a better team last year

Elminster
10-22-2007, 11:55 AM
I am hard on Edwards primarily because he isn't better than Losman, and Losman is young and healthy and by all rights should be on the field, IMO. It reflects poorly on the coaching staff that they ignore the talent they have on offense and instead try to force into what they want, instead of just building around it. Maybe that wouldn't bother me as much as it does if that offense wasn't almost entirely inept regardless of personnel, especially when compared to what we could do last year with less talent.

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 12:08 PM
I am hard on Edwards primarily because he isn't better than Losman, and Losman is young and healthy and by all rights should be on the field, IMO. It reflects poorly on the coaching staff that they ignore the talent they have on offense and instead try to force into what they want, instead of just building around it. Maybe that wouldn't bother me as much as it does if that offense wasn't almost entirely inept regardless of personnel, especially when compared to what we could do last year with less talent.

I like Edwards but I don't think it's fair to say JP couldn't do better. It's hard to expect JP to play well with 3 new players in the OL and a new RB and facing both Denver and Pitts D in the first 2 games.

When the OL got better alst year, JP played so much better. One of the top qb in the league. Then we rebuild the OL all over again in the offseason . Granted it looks better on paper , it doesn't look like they're better than last years 2nd half OL.

Romes
10-22-2007, 12:16 PM

I don't think he is as flashy as Losman and he doesn't have some of the tools Losman does but he does appear to have a better head for the game, which means a lot.

Its tough to judge either QB though when the offense has been mostly inept in multiple facets for most of all the games.

LtBillsFan66
10-22-2007, 12:18 PM

Not only a pass.. I remember JP being horrid. Hitting LBs right in their chests the first few games.

Romes
10-22-2007, 12:26 PM
I like Edwards but I don't think it's fair to say JP couldn't do better. It's hard to expect JP to play well with 3 new players in the OL and a new RB and facing both Denver and Pitts D in the first 2 games.

When the OL got better alst year, JP played so much better. One of the top qb in the league. Then we rebuild the OL all over again in the offseason . Granted it looks better on paper , it doesn't look like they're better than last years 2nd half OL.

JP has had some great games for sure but isn't his inconsitency enough to frustrate you. I know it has for me.

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 12:29 PM
JP has had some great games for sure but isn't his inconsitency enough to frustrate you. I know it has for me.
I blame the coaches . Until they put JP back in there and allow him to play without holding his pucnhes back, I blame our coaches. Dinking and dunking is gonna make our coaches look better than they are because most teams will give you he dink and dunk. Our D especially is that kind of D.

Romes
10-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Not only a pass.. I remember JP being horrid. Hitting LBs right in their chests the first few games.

His check downs put you on the edge of your seat more than his deep balls thats for sure.

TacklingDummy
10-22-2007, 12:32 PM
5 of 27 starts JP has thrown for less than 100 yards. Once ever 5.4 games. Is that what we want out of our starting QB? I blame JP.

Romes
10-22-2007, 12:57 PM
5 of 27 starts JP has thrown for less than 100 yards. Once ever 5.4 games. Is that what we want out of our starting QB? I blame JP.

Thats more consistent than i thought :ill:

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 12:59 PM
It's hard to have consistency when you have a OL carousel.

mybills
10-22-2007, 02:07 PM
if they used all Favre's previous stats to decide each year, he wouldn't be here as long as he's been. He's has some horrific years. :ill:

billsburgh
10-22-2007, 02:13 PM
this is what I cant understand. All the personal attacks on JP. He's still a member of the Bills. He may not have lived up to expectations, but that is no reason to personally attack him.

Inetpub
10-22-2007, 02:22 PM
It's hard to have consistency when you have a OL carousel.

here we go again. first he blames the coaches. Now its the OL carousel. Earlier I saw it was the Defense. And a new RB and New OL.

Remind you of something? Yep. Excuses for JP again. Keep it up. Arguing JP vs TE is like trying to justify to Bills fan RJ was a solution. LOL.

Give it up. JP's days were numbered because he cant do anything. 1 game, sure. 2 games whatever. 24 loses in 32 starts when you are behind the helm of QB? 2 coaching changes and afew QB competitions. Obviously something is wrong and it all starts at QB because he is the common denominator.

The coaches call the plays. Its up to the players to execute. Its up to JP to do his job. NOT THE COACHES. Its up to the coaches to lead the way and get everyone to work as a team. But its up to the players to play and hopefully win.
a QB contraversy only exists because JP cant get it done. Dont blame the coaches/OL/D/ralph on the fact JP cant get it through his head he sucks.

Bringing JP Losman as artillery for a QB competition is like calling a duck a goat. Its still a duck. In this situation, JP quacks.

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 02:29 PM
here we go again. first he blames the coaches. Now its the OL carousel. .
you hate facts. Not my fault.

The coaches call the plays. Its up to the players to execute. Its up to JP to do his job. NOT THE COACHES. Its up to the coaches to lead the way and get everyone to work as a team. But its up to the players to play and hopefully win. the coaches and players agree with you which is why they both said JP was doing a good job but the players called for better playcalling. In other words , JP was doing his job but the playcalling wasn't getting it done.