I guess Trent plays well enough that we have to judge him as a veteran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I guess Trent plays well enough that we have to judge him as a veteran?

I'm sick of the posts around here that, as usual, no one can back up.

Let me put some stuff in perspective here:

1) Trent is the only QB form his '07 draft class that is playing. The other rookie QB's like Beck and Russell are flat out not even ready to take a snap yet in the league. There coaches have admitted as much. Don't think Miami fans would like to see Beck?

2) The fact that there is a QB contoversy where our 1st round, 4th year player, is being challenged by a rookie doesn't have anyone scratching there heads?

3) HE"S A ROOKIE!!!!!!!! Read some of your posts around here!!! "I'm not sure he has the arm strength." "I'm not sure he can finish games." "He only throws the dink and dunk." Hmmm, after 3 games you can figure that out? I guess you all would have worked out well with the Falocns when they got rid of Brett Favre.

4) Edwards has looked better than Elway, Favre, and a bunch of other first year players. Look at Culters first starts last year. Trent doesn't play on half the team that Cutler played on and he has played better.

Take JP out of the equation for a minute. Had JP taken a season ending injury you would all be very happy with his play right now as a rookie! Give me a break.

I hope JP starts this week against the Jets so you can see how good are rookie has played.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: I guess Trent plays well enough that we have to judge him as a veteran?

He's sure looked better than JP did after the same number of starts.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
      He's sure looked better than JP did after the same number of starts.
      PS. Finheaven would take Edwards in a heartbeat. Go over there and read their posts. They are pretty impressed and realize that he's a rookie winning games for us.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

And forget what the fans think ... it's the BILLS who have made them equal competitors. Dick said they still have to decide on the starter vs. the Jets. What healthy incumbent veteran doesn't automatically get the nod over a rookie in Week 8??
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

I am fine with Edwards so far.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

Take JP out of the equation for a minute. Had JP taken a season ending injury you would all be very happy with his play right now as a rookie! Give me a break.

I hope JP starts this week against the Jets so you can see how good are rookie has played.

Even with JP as a back-up I'm satisfied with Edwards' performance. Doesn't mean I don't think JP can do better.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• acehole
              • Jan 2006

"Edwards has looked better than Elway, Favre, and a bunch of other first year players. Look at Culters first starts last year. Trent doesn't play on half the team that Cutler played on and he has played better."

OMG! The kid has one touchdown from the what 5 yard line? ...and two mometum shifting INT's...WTF Elway? hahahaha You and skoob are really reaching here. He is what I said he was ...a promising young Rookie prospect who is not quite ready for primetime. Opy mentioned he has a bit more upside and that they are both playing about the same...if thats the case put JP back in....I want to see a gunsliging wide open offense...with a rocket arm.......then run Mysawn all day in the forth quarter. Enough with this hand off 9 times in a row and one dunk and dink......oh and he hit lee evans deep see....see he is just like B Farve. hahaha this is bordering on insane.
              Hated by the stupid..
              Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by acehole
                I want to see a gunsliging wide open offense...with a rocket arm.
                Like with Bledsoe?

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  I'm sick of the posts around here that, as usual, no one can back up.

Let me put some stuff in perspective here:

1) Trent is the only QB form his '07 draft class that is playing. The other rookie QB's like Beck and Russell are flat out not even ready to take a snap yet in the league. There coaches have admitted as much. Don't think Miami fans would like to see Beck?

2) The fact that there is a QB contoversy where our 1st round, 4th year player, is being challenged by a rookie doesn't have anyone scratching there heads?

3) HE"S A ROOKIE!!!!!!!! Read some of your posts around here!!! "I'm not sure he has the arm strength." "I'm not sure he can finish games." "He only throws the dink and dunk." Hmmm, after 3 games you can figure that out? I guess you all would have worked out well with the Falocns when they got rid of Brett Favre.

4) Edwards has looked better than Elway, Favre, and a bunch of other first year players. Look at Culters first starts last year. Trent doesn't play on half the team that Cutler played on and he has played better.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

I like him so far. If he could convert more of those goal line situations into TD's I'd like him even more. However, thus far he has proved himself to be atleast a very capable manager and I can't wait to see what he does against ****tier teams because he looked OK against Dallas and Baltimore, especially for a rook.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Here's how two of our FGs went:

1-10-BAL 20 (5:52) 28-A.Thomas left guard to BAL 21 for -1 yards (52-R.Lewis, 94-J.Bannan).
                      2-11-BAL 21 (5:18) (No Huddle) 28-A.Thomas left guard to BAL 14 for 7 yards (52-R.Lewis).
                      3-4-BAL 14 (4:41) 28-A.Thomas right guard to BAL 11 for 3 yards (35-C.Ivy, 52-R.Lewis).
                      4-1-BAL 11 (3:54) 9-R.Lindell 29 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-72-R.Neill, Holder-8-B.Moorman.

3-8-BAL 8 (13:28) (Shotgun) 23-M.Lynch up the middle to BAL 8 for no gain (57-B.Scott).
                      4-8-BAL 8 (12:47) 9-R.Lindell 26 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-72-R.Neill, Holder-8-B.Moorman.

(The other two were after a throwaway under pressure and a pass batted down at the line.)

Our red zone offense will improve with better play calling.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Oaf
                        Do you read what you write?
                        • Jun 2007

I don't care how old either player is, or what they'll be doing in 2009. I just want to win the next game, and over the last two games, it's hard for me to believe that JP could do significantly worse, and could not do considerably better.

So basically, I feel that JP can range anywhere from slightly worse to significantly better relative to TE's last two performances which were very mediocre anyways. Because of this, we should start him against the Jets.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Oaf
                          I don't care how old either player is, or what they'll be doing in 2009. I just want to win the next game, and over the last two games, it's hard for me to believe that JP could do significantly worse, and could not do considerably better.

So basically, I feel that JP can range anywhere from slightly worse to significantly better relative to TE's last two performances which were very mediocre anyways. Because of this, we should start him against the Jets.
                          What games have you been watching?? JP still looks like he did years ago and now he is going to make this miracle progress?? Gimma a break and wake up please.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

"Edwards has looked better than Elway, Favre, and a bunch of other first year players. Look at Culters first starts last year. Trent doesn't play on half the team that Cutler played on and he has played better."

OMG! The kid has one touchdown from the what 5 yard line? ...and two mometum shifting INT's...WTF Elway? hahahaha You and skoob are really reaching here. He is what I said he was ...a promising young Rookie prospect who is not quite ready for primetime. Opy mentioned he has a bit more upside and that they are both playing about the same...if thats the case put JP back in....I want to see a gunsliging wide open offense...with a rocket arm.......then run Mysawn all day in the forth quarter. Enough with this hand off 9 times in a row and one dunk and dink......oh and he hit lee evans deep see....see he is just like B Farve. hahaha this is bordering on insane.

You do realize that I was referring to Elway and Favre's rookie seasons? You also realize the objective is to win the games?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

I want to see a gunsliging wide open offense...with a rocket arm
                              Like Rob Johnson?

Comment

Working...
                              X