PDA

View Full Version : I guess Trent plays well enough that we have to judge him as a veteran?

HHURRICANE
10-22-2007, 08:42 AM
I'm sick of the posts around here that, as usual, no one can back up.

Let me put some stuff in perspective here:

1) Trent is the only QB form his '07 draft class that is playing. The other rookie QB's like Beck and Russell are flat out not even ready to take a snap yet in the league. There coaches have admitted as much. Don't think Miami fans would like to see Beck?

2) The fact that there is a QB contoversy where our 1st round, 4th year player, is being challenged by a rookie doesn't have anyone scratching there heads?

3) HE"S A ROOKIE!!!!!!!! Read some of your posts around here!!! "I'm not sure he has the arm strength." "I'm not sure he can finish games." "He only throws the dink and dunk." Hmmm, after 3 games you can figure that out? I guess you all would have worked out well with the Falocns when they got rid of Brett Favre.

4) Edwards has looked better than Elway, Favre, and a bunch of other first year players. Look at Culters first starts last year. Trent doesn't play on half the team that Cutler played on and he has played better.

Take JP out of the equation for a minute. Had JP taken a season ending injury you would all be very happy with his play right now as a rookie! Give me a break.

I hope JP starts this week against the Jets so you can see how good are rookie has played.

Philagape
10-22-2007, 08:47 AM
He's sure looked better than JP did after the same number of starts.

HHURRICANE
10-22-2007, 08:49 AM
He's sure looked better than JP did after the same number of starts.

PS. Finheaven would take Edwards in a heartbeat. Go over there and read their posts. They are pretty impressed and realize that he's a rookie winning games for us.

Philagape
10-22-2007, 08:49 AM
And forget what the fans think ... it's the BILLS who have made them equal competitors. Dick said they still have to decide on the starter vs. the Jets. What healthy incumbent veteran doesn't automatically get the nod over a rookie in Week 8??

THATHURMANATOR
10-22-2007, 08:53 AM
I am fine with Edwards so far.

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 09:29 AM

Take JP out of the equation for a minute. Had JP taken a season ending injury you would all be very happy with his play right now as a rookie! Give me a break.

I hope JP starts this week against the Jets so you can see how good are rookie has played.:huh:

Even with JP as a back-up I'm satisfied with Edwards' performance. Doesn't mean I don't think JP can do better.

acehole
10-22-2007, 10:10 AM
"Edwards has looked better than Elway, Favre, and a bunch of other first year players. Look at Culters first starts last year. Trent doesn't play on half the team that Cutler played on and he has played better."

OMG! The kid has one touchdown from the what 5 yard line? ...and two mometum shifting INT's...WTF Elway? hahahaha You and skoob are really reaching here. He is what I said he was ...a promising young Rookie prospect who is not quite ready for primetime. Opy mentioned he has a bit more upside and that they are both playing about the same...if thats the case put JP back in....I want to see a gunsliging wide open offense...with a rocket arm.......then run Mysawn all day in the forth quarter. Enough with this hand off 9 times in a row and one dunk and dink......oh and he hit lee evans deep see....see he is just like B Farve. hahaha this is bordering on insane.

Philagape
10-22-2007, 10:17 AM
I want to see a gunsliging wide open offense...with a rocket arm.

Like with Bledsoe?

LtBillsFan66
10-22-2007, 10:21 AM

1) Trent is the only QB form his '07 draft class that is playing. The other rookie QB's like Beck and Russell are flat out not even ready to take a snap yet in the league. There coaches have admitted as much. Don't think Miami fans would like to see Beck?

2) The fact that there is a QB contoversy where our 1st round, 4th year player, is being challenged by a rookie doesn't have anyone scratching there heads?

3) HE"S A ROOKIE!!!!!!!! Read some of your posts around here!!! "I'm not sure he has the arm strength." "I'm not sure he can finish games." "He only throws the dink and dunk." Hmmm, after 3 games you can figure that out? I guess you all would have worked out well with the Falocns when they got rid of Brett Favre.

4) Edwards has looked better than Elway, Favre, and a bunch of other first year players. Look at Culters first starts last year. Trent doesn't play on half the team that Cutler played on and he has played better.

I hope JP starts this week against the Jets so you can see how good are rookie has played.

:bf1:

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2007, 11:05 AM
I like him so far. If he could convert more of those goal line situations into TD's I'd like him even more. However, thus far he has proved himself to be atleast a very capable manager and I can't wait to see what he does against ****tier teams because he looked OK against Dallas and Baltimore, especially for a rook.

Philagape
10-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Here's how two of our FGs went:

1-10-BAL 20 (5:52) 28-A.Thomas left guard to BAL 21 for -1 yards (52-R.Lewis, 94-J.Bannan).
2-11-BAL 21 (5:18) (No Huddle) 28-A.Thomas left guard to BAL 14 for 7 yards (52-R.Lewis).
3-4-BAL 14 (4:41) 28-A.Thomas right guard to BAL 11 for 3 yards (35-C.Ivy, 52-R.Lewis).
4-1-BAL 11 (3:54) 9-R.Lindell 29 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-72-R.Neill, Holder-8-B.Moorman.

3-8-BAL 8 (13:28) (Shotgun) 23-M.Lynch up the middle to BAL 8 for no gain (57-B.Scott).
4-8-BAL 8 (12:47) 9-R.Lindell 26 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-72-R.Neill, Holder-8-B.Moorman.

(The other two were after a throwaway under pressure and a pass batted down at the line.)

Our red zone offense will improve with better play calling.

Oaf
10-22-2007, 11:25 AM
I don't care how old either player is, or what they'll be doing in 2009. I just want to win the next game, and over the last two games, it's hard for me to believe that JP could do significantly worse, and could not do considerably better.

So basically, I feel that JP can range anywhere from slightly worse to significantly better relative to TE's last two performances which were very mediocre anyways. Because of this, we should start him against the Jets.

Mitchy moo
10-22-2007, 11:59 AM
I don't care how old either player is, or what they'll be doing in 2009. I just want to win the next game, and over the last two games, it's hard for me to believe that JP could do significantly worse, and could not do considerably better.

So basically, I feel that JP can range anywhere from slightly worse to significantly better relative to TE's last two performances which were very mediocre anyways. Because of this, we should start him against the Jets.

What games have you been watching?? JP still looks like he did years ago and now he is going to make this miracle progress?? Gimma a break and wake up please.

HHURRICANE
10-22-2007, 12:28 PM
"Edwards has looked better than Elway, Favre, and a bunch of other first year players. Look at Culters first starts last year. Trent doesn't play on half the team that Cutler played on and he has played better."

OMG! The kid has one touchdown from the what 5 yard line? ...and two mometum shifting INT's...WTF Elway? hahahaha You and skoob are really reaching here. He is what I said he was ...a promising young Rookie prospect who is not quite ready for primetime. Opy mentioned he has a bit more upside and that they are both playing about the same...if thats the case put JP back in....I want to see a gunsliging wide open offense...with a rocket arm.......then run Mysawn all day in the forth quarter. Enough with this hand off 9 times in a row and one dunk and dink......oh and he hit lee evans deep see....see he is just like B Farve. hahaha this is bordering on insane.

You do realize that I was referring to Elway and Favre's rookie seasons? You also realize the objective is to win the games?

TacklingDummy
10-22-2007, 12:37 PM
I want to see a gunsliging wide open offense...with a rocket arm

Like Rob Johnson?

Mr. Pink
10-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Our red zone offense will improve with better play calling.

See, I think our red zone offense will improve when we get Trent some weapons that are effective down near the goal line. Right now, our only red zone weapon is Marshawn. It's very easy to defend us in the red zone, seeing teams only have to stack the box.

Once we get a WR that doesn't resemble the smurfs or a legitimate pass catching tight end, our red zone offense will improve exponentially.

Philagape
10-22-2007, 01:08 PM
See, I think our red zone offense will improve when we get Trent some weapons that are effective down near the goal line. Right now, our only red zone weapon is Marshawn. It's very easy to defend us in the red zone, seeing teams only have to stack the box.

Once we get a WR that doesn't resemble the smurfs or a legitimate pass catching tight end, our red zone offense will improve exponentially.

That too.

acehole
10-22-2007, 01:11 PM
You do realize that I was referring to Elway and Favre's rookie seasons? You also realize the objective is to win the games?

Yes and yes.
....and I like T Edwards too......
Both of those qbs you mentioned had terrible first years.....and Dont forget ankmen (Spl) in there. ....and all of those guys showed great improvement in there second seasons and JP did in his 2nd year as a starter...and what a travisty if they were pulled in the begining of there 3rd years....for the next newest fad because of a simple injury..... without knowing it you really have made my piont on this. Again like TE but to early to give up on JP.....

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 01:11 PM

Trent is fine .Our redzone O will be better if we actually have an OL that can open holes for Lynch. We still suck at run blocking.

billsburgh
10-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Trent is fine .Our redzone O will be better if we actually have an OL that can open holes for Lynch. We still suck at run blocking.
best post all day. the o-line is the most under achieving unit in the league. why does McNally continue to get a free pass. Any yards that Lynch gets is totally on his own. Every running play, there is someone in the backfield.

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 01:20 PM
best post all day. the o-line is the most under achieving unit in the league. why does McNally continue to get a free pass. Any yards that Lynch gets is totally on his own. Every running play, there is someone in the backfield.

The Vikes OL is making Peterson look better than he is while Lynch is making our OL look better than it is.

YardRat
10-22-2007, 01:53 PM

I'll back up the o-line on this comment, a little bit. Lynch's TD was great blocking, down deep in the red zone. I'm not even sure a Raven touched him at all.

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 01:56 PM
I'll back up the o-line on this comment, a little bit. Lynch's TD was great blocking, down deep in the red zone. I'm not even sure a Raven touched him at all.

Even a blind squirrel .....

We've complained about Willis while he was here and yet when he moves to Balt ,he suddenly becomes the leagues 2nd leading rb to date?

We say we dont miss Willis and yet Marshawn is averaging 3.6 ypc while WIllis was at 3.8 last year.

Our OL is worst than last years 2nd half OL.

SABURZFAN
10-22-2007, 01:58 PM

let's just say that Lossman is the starter for this week against the Jets and loses.(which wouldn't be a surprise)do we start blaming Fairchild again? :idunno:

HHURRICANE
10-22-2007, 02:27 PM
let's just say that Lossman is the starter for this week against the Jets and loses.(which wouldn't be a surprise)do we start blaming Fairchild again? :idunno:

It can't be JP's fault.

You know last I looked we don't have Randy Moss on this team. Whether people like it or not JP is a one trick pony.

In the current scheme of "too slow" Reed, "too small" Parrish, and "can't get open" Evans, you'd better be able to make the plays you can. That's what Trent does that JP can't.

HHURRICANE
10-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Yes and yes.
....and I like T Edwards too......
Both of those qbs you mentioned had terrible first years.....and Dont forget ankmen (Spl) in there. ....and all of those guys showed great improvement in there second seasons and JP did in his 2nd year as a starter...and what a travisty if they were pulled in the begining of there 3rd years....for the next newest fad because of a simple injury..... without knowing it you really have made my piont on this. Again like TE but to early to give up on JP.....

Why is too early to pull the plug on JP? Is he better than Edwards?

I say save the money in extending JP and get a real #2 receiver and keep building a contender.

If JP had some huge upside I would agree with you but JP hasn't showed me enough to think that he's got something more that we haven't seen already.

Mr. Pink
10-22-2007, 02:43 PM

It's hard to open holes when teams consistently put 8-9 guys in the box when we get inside the 10 yard line. Easy equation 5 OL trying to block 8 guys...you're not gonna win on that one very often no matter how good your o-line is.

Now if we had a TE who was a threat in the passing game, one of the LBers would be taken out of just crashing the box to guard the run.

shelby
10-22-2007, 02:50 PM
The heart of the matter, to me, is this:

Why do people feel they have to back either one QB or another? And why make such an issue over it?

At the end of the day, the fans who post here have no say over who our starting QB is. Using the "controversy" as an excuse to argue with fellow fans seems like a waste of time to me.

If the Bills opt to start Losman again, they will. If he does worse than Edwards, so be it. If they choose to let Edwards start every game from this point on, that's their decision as well. We can ***** and moan and argue with each other til our keyboards explode, but that accomplishes nothing.

This "Lickers" vs. "Trentards" nonsense is getting old.

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 03:14 PM

Why do people feel they have to back either one QB or another? And why make such an issue over it?

At the end of the day, the fans who post here have no say over who our starting QB is. Using the "controversy" as an excuse to argue with fellow fans seems like a waste of time to me.

If the Bills opt to start Losman again, they will. If he does worse than Edwards, so be it. If they choose to let Edwards start every game from this point on, that's their decision as well. We can ***** and moan and argue with each other til our keyboards explode, but that accomplishes nothing.

:10: I get labeled a licker because I think JP wasn't put in a situation to succeed. I only want to see what he can do one more time before I decide whether he is the problem or if it's the coaches.
If that makes me a licker then so be it.

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 03:19 PM
It's hard to open holes when teams consistently put 8-9 guys in the box when we get inside the 10 yard line. Easy equation 5 OL trying to block 8 guys...you're not gonna win on that one very often no matter how good your o-line is.

Now if we had a TE who was a threat in the passing game, one of the LBers would be taken out of just crashing the box to guard the run.
It isn't just about the redzone. It's our running game as a whole. It isn't dominating anyone that it opens up the pass considering the amount we paid to bring these guys in . I know it takes time but as for now I'm calling them for what they are, average at best .

The Answer
10-22-2007, 03:29 PM

The "Lickers" obviously don't realize how difficult it is for a rookie QB to have immediate success in this league.

There have been a ton of 1st round/top 10 picks at the QB position that have taken a long time to develop or just busted outright. What The Young Gun has accomplished in just 3 starts is amazing - this team has chemistry now, particulary on defense and there's no way Loseman sees the starting lineup again barring injury.

~The Answer

HHURRICANE
10-22-2007, 03:32 PM

Shelby it really comes down to winning games now and in the future. I do agree that at the end of the day it really doesn't matter if we get a "W".

SABURZFAN
10-22-2007, 03:33 PM
The "Lickers" obviously don't realize how difficult it is for a rookie QB to have immediate success in this league.

There have been a ton of 1st round/top 10 picks at the QB position that have taken a long time to develop or just busted outright. What The Young Gun has accomplished in just 3 starts is amazing - this team has chemistry now, particulary on defense and there's no way Loseman sees the starting lineup again barring injury.

~The Answer

straight up answers by The Answer is like a breath of fresh air in here. :up:

Johnny Bugmenot
10-22-2007, 03:34 PM
if thats the case put JP back in....I want to see a gunsliging wide open offense...with a rocket arm.......

Please stop this foolish and patent nonsense. The last person to run the Bills' offense like that was Drew Bledsoe. That was for all of two games. JP Losman never had a wide-open offense and you know it! How many times did JP throw for less than 100 yards?

Your spewing of complete BS makes me sick.

acehole
10-22-2007, 04:30 PM
If JP had some huge upside I would agree with you but JP hasn't showed me enough to think that he's got something more that we haven't seen already.[/QUOTE]

I would say the exact about T Edwards.

Say what you want JP lite it up last year with Evans...did you all forget?

acehole
10-22-2007, 04:37 PM
Please stop this foolish and patent nonsense. The last person to run the Bills' offense like that was Drew Bledsoe. That was for all of two games. JP Losman never had a wide-open offense and you know it! How many times did JP throw for less than 100 yards?

Your spewing of complete BS makes me sick.

I saw it in the 2 min drills and it was just fine....saw him hit evans all over the field last year.....what is making you sick is all that beer that not only clouds your judgement but obviously your vision. JP has a great arm and if you cant see that then I am not the one spewing the BS. T Edwards is not really lighting it up out there.... Even I can hand it off to M Lynch 50 times and make 11 good throws..thats 3 a quarter WOW B Farve watch your stats because T Edwards is the new sheriff in town. Give me a break.....

Have a nice sober day.

msfdurango
10-22-2007, 04:53 PM
I'll take Edwards over J.P. anyday. All I know is our team is playing better and we're winning.

Typ0
10-22-2007, 04:56 PM
:10: I get labeled a licker because I think JP wasn't put in a situation to succeed. I only want to see what he can do one more time before I decide whether he is the problem or if it's the coaches.

"just one more time please I really like the punishment." You've got it all set up so no matter what happens you can make excuses that JP wasn't set up to succeed and be totally ignorant of the fact that JP Losman is responsible for his success when he get the opportunities.

Typ0
10-22-2007, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=acehole]"I want to see a gunsliging wide open offense...with a rocket arm."[QUOTE]

and it's that facade the many can now see through to expose it as a load of crap. JP is a mental midget. He's not Peyton Manning. Manning is a genius. He's got more knowledge and quick thinking in ten brain cells than JP has in his entire brain. That is why the promise of the type of offense you seek and it's excitement will never happen with what we have. We've been sold a load of crap like it was gold for years. Enough of that.

Typ0
10-22-2007, 05:06 PM

I've seen JP Play significantly worse than we've seen from TE at times. Your thinking isn't right anyway it fails to recognize the money factor. JP has had many opportunities and he's just average and sometimes downright pathetic. We need to get a feel for what Edwards might bring to the table. If he continues to improve we send JP packing and have more $$ to spend on other areas of the team. We've seen what JP has to offer us and it's not all that much.

acehole
10-22-2007, 05:08 PM

This is my thoughts exactly....T Edwards isnt superman either.....if he goes down and JP shines then what? They should put him in week after next and see what happens....what do they have to lose? If he sucks great if not he should have a chance to reclaim his job. What did he do that you people turned on him like this? 2 badly called games? Sheesh.

SABURZFAN
10-22-2007, 06:37 PM
:10: I get labeled a licker because I think JP wasn't put in a situation to succeed.

so what you're saying is that the coaches set him up to fail and they put Edwards in a situation to succeed?

:laughter:

just when you thought you heard everything. :shakeno: