PDA

View Full Version : did anyone notice our long snapper on D?

trapezeus
10-22-2007, 09:37 AM
So, we have turned into the 2005 patriots. we will use any body in any position at this point. Neil was playing DL on a critical 3rd down play. luckily he broke up the play and all is good in billsnation.

SpillerThrills
10-22-2007, 09:50 AM
if I remember correctly, he is a DE as well as the Long snapper.... however he's been concentrating on long snapping.

OpIv37
10-22-2007, 09:59 AM
in fact, when Denney and that guy we signed who played in one pre season game (I want to say Wallace but I can't remember) got injured, the coaches chose to keep Neill over the long snapper we had last year because he can play DE as well. It's yet another example of keeping a guy for ST who can't really play a real position, but when we had 2 injuries and a suspension at the DE position, there aren't a whole lot of other options.

The only reason he was in on D is because Denney's still out and Kelsay got injured.

billsburgh
10-22-2007, 10:05 AM
he's a DE who also happens to be able to long snap

M
10-22-2007, 10:16 AM
Well, I'm glad they kept Neill. From what I can remember, our former long snapper (his name is escaping me right now), was only that, a long snapper. If he was still here, who would have been playing DE on that play???

bigbub2352
10-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Neil has been a pleasant surprise, i like him last yr when he spent the whole time on our PS, he was a high energy guy in the preseason and came from a great program at Rutgers, he serves more of a purpose being able to play 4 postions on ST and even able to spell plays at DE on rotations basis, (he plays KO, KR, P and PR) i like this kid and he plays hard thats all u can ask, plus he is not looked at as a roster exemption for ST only, offers more than Schneck even thou Schneck is a master of his craft as a LS, Neil is alot more diverse helps the team more and opens a roster spot for that extra DB or WR

Oaf
10-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Kelsay got injured? I'm also tired of seeing a 320 lb DT in Jason Jefferson line up at DE too.

Schobel was invisible out there except on that pass to Boller. I guess he WAS going against Ogden though.

circlethewagons
10-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Neil has been used quite frequently earlier in the season when we didnt have Hargrove- and i could stand it- he cant get any pash rush what so ever- however i have to give him credit, he made a good play on coverage that could have been a decent gain. Once Denny is finally able to play, i doubt well be seeing much of him on D

G. Host
10-22-2007, 01:53 PM
There is a photo of that play on Baltimore Sun site:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2007-10/33372521.jpg

I thought it was a good play by him and posted a thread with Aaron's and his photos.

Oh and Denney might not be ready so we might see more of our long snapper on defense against Jets.

TigerJ
10-22-2007, 05:28 PM
As jerhwt stated, he is concentrating on his longsnapping, but Neil was a starting DE in college.That's one reason why the Bills retained him. He's a little bigger than the guy he replaced, and if he has to do some blocking, he won't be ass likely to be crushed, but he can play a little at DE if need be.

jamze132
10-22-2007, 08:06 PM
in fact, when Denney and that guy we signed who played in one pre season game (I want to say Wallace but I can't remember) got injured, the coaches chose to keep Neill over the long snapper we had last year because he can play DE as well. It's yet another example of keeping a guy for ST who can't really play a real position, but when we had 2 injuries and a suspension at the DE position, there aren't a whole lot of other options.

The only reason he was in on D is because Denney's still out and Kelsay got injured.
Either way, Schneck and Neil only serve one purpose on this team so I don't see it as a big deal. Neil is cheaper, hence the reason he is here to hike the ball to Moorman.