PDA

View Full Version : I apologize

Tatonka
10-22-2007, 10:31 AM
hey everyone.. just wanted to apologize for being a dick yesterday. i try not to be one of the people on this board that harp on one thing or another.. like several posters have always done about whatever qb we have had.. i was frustrated with the game yesterday because it just seemed like one of those games that we were destined to blow.. and if we had, i would have blown a fuse.. i cant take another cowboys game this season.

anyways.. sorry.

Go Trent or whoever the qb is.

LtBillsFan66
10-22-2007, 10:33 AM
How about every other day you were?

:snicker:

mybills
10-22-2007, 10:35 AM
No problem Tonk. I was in a gitty mood yesterday and my sarcasm didn't go over too well, either. People are gonna take things the way they want. :D

Night Train
10-22-2007, 10:43 AM
hey everyone.. just wanted to apologize for being a dick yesterday. i try not to be one of the people on this board that harp on one thing or another.. like several posters have always done about whatever qb we have had.. i was frustrated with the game yesterday because it just seemed like one of those games that we were destined to blow.. and if we had, i would have blown a fuse.. i cant take another cowboys game this season.

anyways.. sorry.
Go Trent or whoever the qb is.

You should have seen me in the stands.

When Edwards threw that idiotic 3rd down pass, I almost had a meltdown. That would have been 3 home games we gave away but thankfully the D saved the Coaches this time.

gr8slayer
10-22-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm not sorry. We have the two worst an's in the league.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2007, 11:03 AM
No worries man, I'm permanently a dick.

Tatonka
10-22-2007, 11:12 AM
i just want to be clear.. i dont hate edwards.. and i am not in love with losman.. i am not ruling out edwards beign a better qb.. i can see the poise that people are talking about with edwards.. and clearly the coaches trust him much more.. but it does kind of leave a bad taste in my mouth because i dont think losman played poorly this season against two very tough defenses.. and i loved what i saw last year for the most part. i will, however root for whoever the guy is.

i do reserve the right to ***** about either one of them when they **** up though.

:up:

G. Host
10-22-2007, 12:52 PM
You should have seen me in the stands.

When Edwards threw that idiotic 3rd down pass, I almost had a meltdown. That would have been 3 home games we gave away but thankfully the D saved the Coaches this time.

Listen to the press conferences.

Both Edwards and Jauron say that Edwards was instructed to watch out for the defense which got the interception and in heat of play Edwards got mixed up and forgot. It is like blaming Bruce DeHaven for Tennessee Deception.

mybills
10-22-2007, 01:03 PM
i won't apologize for saying jp got screwed out of a job. 2 games isn't enough to turn your back on the kid. edwards was very fortunate to get picked in the 3rd round, so that he could help the team when jp got hurt. we are very fortunate that we had his help. unfortunately, the fans give up too easy on players, as does the fo.
if jp gets traded he will excell and i will be happy for him.

G. Host
10-22-2007, 01:05 PM
i won't apologize for saying jp got screwed out of a job. 2 games isn't enough to turn your back on the kid. edwards was very fortunate to get picked in the 3rd round, so that he could help the team when jp got hurt. we are very fortunate that we had his help. unfortunately, the fans give up too easy on players, as does the fo.

Well if he gets traded to the Patriots you can happy for him locally.

mybills
10-22-2007, 01:34 PM
they have a qb

SABURZFAN
10-22-2007, 01:43 PM
No problem Tonk. I was in a gitty mood yesterday and my sarcasm didn't go over too well, either. People are gonna take things the way they want. :D

is that what you called it? :snicker:

YardRat
10-22-2007, 01:49 PM
I never even noticed.

mybills
10-22-2007, 01:50 PM
not sure SAB..what do you call it when you get so many people to believe you're drunk out of your mind when you're not. :chuckle:

SABURZFAN
10-22-2007, 01:51 PM
not sure SAB..what do you call it when you get so many people to believe you're drunk out of your mind when you're not. :chuckle:

:bs:

Captain gameboy
10-22-2007, 02:41 PM
i just want to be clear.. i dont hate edwards.. and i am not in love with losman.. i am not ruling out edwards beign a better qb.. i can see the poise that people are talking about with edwards.. and clearly the coaches trust him much more.. but it does kind of leave a bad taste in my mouth because i dont think losman played poorly this season against two very tough defenses.. and i loved what i saw last year for the most part. i will, however root for whoever the guy is.

i do reserve the right to ***** about either one of them when they **** up though.

:up:

Don't worry.
All game day posts carry immunity.

Too much emotion.
Totally understandable.

I put in a premtive call to 911 after the pick and told them that if the Bills blew another one to dispatch the suicide unit to my house at the final gun.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-22-2007, 06:04 PM
haha
good one gameboy

:)

TacklingDummy
10-22-2007, 06:49 PM
i won't apologize for saying jp got screwed out of a job. 2 games isn't enough to turn your back on the kid. .
It's not 2 games, It's 27.

Just like all the other former Bills that went on to excell with new teams. /sarcasm off

PECKERWOOD
10-23-2007, 07:25 PM

Sab only makes sense when I'm indeed drunk myself. :D

Typ0
10-23-2007, 07:34 PM
It's not 2 games, It's 27.

thanks for letting her know. She's really rediculous.

Kerr
10-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Please. No need to say sorry. Not on here.

mybills
10-24-2007, 07:25 AM
thanks for letting her know. She's really rediculous.
Like I said in another thread dear, if they looked at Favre that way he wouldn't be around as long as he has been. He's had plenty of horrific years, depending on who he had on the line, and whether they gave him time to throw or not. He's just an example, but if you were to judge JP by individual years, and like so many people did for DREW, JP only played 2 games this year and people gave up on him. Now that's ridiculous.

Typ0
10-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Like I said in another thread dear, if they looked at Favre that way he wouldn't be around as long as he has been. He's had plenty of horrific years, depending on who he had on the line, and whether they gave him time to throw or not. He's just an example, but if you were to judge JP by individual years, and like so many people did for DREW, JP only played 2 games this year and people gave up on him. Now that's ridiculous.

Sad that you are comparing him to Favre like it's the rule instead of the exception. The two games this year against good teams were a measuring stick for JP and he didn't get the job done in the same fashion that every other good team has gotten into his head quick and beat him into submission. All I have asked of him was to show me something against those teams and he hasn't. That's why he's going to have to work for another opportunity instead of having it handed to him again. It's the best strategy for us and it's best for him.

TigerJ
10-26-2007, 11:54 PM
Back in the Flutie-Johnson years, I supported Johnson. I was wrong. Johnson just couldn't handle the mental aspect of the game. I supported the decision to sign Bledsoe. I still think it made sense fom a business standpoint. If Buffalo had a great offensive line and a competent offensive coordinator at the tie, it might have made goode football sense. They didn't. When Holcomb and Losman were duking it out, I thought Losman was the right choice. I think I was right, though there are some holdouts ("The Answer") who I'm sure would disagree. At this point in time, I have decided to remain neutral. I still like Losman, and I think that given the right circumstances he could succeed. It was unfortunate for him that the Bills schedule was front loaded with really tough teams and he got hurt at the wrong time, but those as they say are the breaks. I also like Edwards. He's not especially good at the deep throw yet, but I don't think that means he won't ever be. He does have remarkable poise, and I think he's going to win a lot of games for the Bills. I think the Bills have for all practical purposes moved into the Edwards era and I think Losman will be traded in the offseason. I hope he lands on his feet and has a chance to show what he can do, but the Bills are my team and it is their future I'm interested in. Now Edwards is part of that future. Go Bills! Go Trent!

mybills
10-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Sad that you are comparing him to Favre like it's
I'm not. Just saying Favre's boss' didn't give up on him after having a horrific year, never mind just 2 games. So I'm really comparing boss/employee relationships.

Typ0
10-27-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm not. Just saying Favre's boss' didn't give up on him after having a horrific year, never mind just 2 games. So I'm really comparing boss/employee relationships.

I thought JP had played more than two games....in fact I think he's been here for four years and has yet to show up against a good defense. It's most likely clear what we have in JP. That's why the change was made.

billsburgh
10-27-2007, 03:07 PM
I thought JP had played more than two games....in fact I think he's been here for four years and has yet to show up against a good defense. It's most likely clear what we have in JP. That's why the change was made.
sad but true. at first I never wanted to believe what you've always said about JP, but it's beginning to make more sense now.

YardRat
10-27-2007, 03:50 PM

Could you please post an example of a 'horrific' year from Favre?

Typ0
10-27-2007, 04:19 PM
Could you please post an example of a 'horrific' year from Favre?

I'd like to see what two games JP has played as well. I thought I saw him out there more than that...must be an illusion.

STAMPY
10-27-2007, 09:30 PM
favre's worst years would be JP's greatest year. end of story