PDA

View Full Version : They should Rip the C from Evans!

camelcowboy
10-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Last week Evans went public with his feelings that Losman should be the starter "I have no problem with the opinion, I have a problem with him talking to the media" This week after the game he called Edwards deep ball a "wounded duck" and he juggled it because he had to slow down. This guy is going out of his way to place blame after a WIN and quite honestly i think he is just waiting for a paycheck and he can't get it if losman doesn't pat his stats with the long ball. Evans is a number two receiver in this league, he is not a redzone threat and is invisible over the middle. I maybe over reacting but week by week he is starting to look like a locker room cancer and i'll be happy to see him go if he keeps this crap up.

Forward_Lateral
10-22-2007, 11:04 AM
Wounded duck? He needs his eyes checked.

Philagape
10-22-2007, 11:07 AM
This week after the game he called Edwards deep ball a "wounded duck"

Link?

(not that I doubt it, just haven't heard it yet)

Forward_Lateral
10-22-2007, 11:07 AM
PS-- Hey Lee, if Trent led you anymore, it would've been picked by the safety that was coming across. He hit you in stride, nimrod, if you had caught it cleanly, you'd have scored a TD.

PECKERWOOD
10-22-2007, 11:08 AM
Evans is a solid #1 WR, we just need a big body opposite to him or at TE to take pressure off of him in the redzone. Despite our struggles, make no question about it, Lee Evans is still our best player on offense and he came through for Trent against a stout Baltimore defense. Atleast he is showing some heart, Losman is his boy and they came up together but Lee needs to remember that this is a business.. Sadly, I hope he forgets that concept when it comes to contract talks. :D

camelcowboy
10-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Link?

(not that I doubt it, just haven't heard it yet) I heard the coach talking about it on WGR, im trying to find the link now.

Oaf
10-22-2007, 11:13 AM
That was the perfect pass from Edwards, and when Lee bobbled that I was about to curb stomp someone.
:madpeace:

Ahem, Evans hasn't made a play all year, and almost screwed that one up too, but let's see a link Camel before we decide if Evans is trying to throw edwards under the bus.

BAM
10-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Link?

(not that I doubt it, just haven't heard it yet)

I heard it on WGR. They played it a few times this morning from his post-game interview.

camelcowboy
10-22-2007, 11:21 AM
you can spam it, unless someone else heard it i can't find a link so i apologize

camelcowboy
10-22-2007, 11:23 AM
That was the perfect pass from Edwards, and when Lee bobbled that I was about to curb stomp someone.

Ahem, Evans hasn't made a play all year, and almost screwed that one up too, but let's see a link Camel before we decide if Evans is trying to throw edwards under the bus. I agree i watched the replay of the pass numerous times from the nfl network. He hit him in stride the fact he called it a duck to the media just baffled me.

Philagape
10-22-2007, 11:29 AM
I'd honestly like to know what the percentages are on long bombs. How often does everything go right: hitting the receiver in stride, over the correct shoulder, avoiding defenders, etc.? It seems pretty absurd to bash anyone for an imperfect execution of that kind of play, especially when it's converted.

If it were a high-percentage play, teams would do it all the time and we'd have arena football.

camelcowboy
10-22-2007, 11:34 AM
I'd honestly like to know what the percentages are on long bombs. How often does everything go right: hitting the receiver in stride, over the correct shoulder, avoiding defenders, etc.? It seems pretty absurd to bash anyone for an imperfect execution of that kind of play, especially when it's converted.

If it were a high-percentage play, teams would do it all the time and we'd have arena football. You look at receivers like Moss and Smith they are great receivers because they go up and get the ball at its highest point. No matter who the qb is its hard the throw the perfect long ball, brady threw two long balls yesterday that were not great decisions but moss went up and stole them in double coverage. I have not seen Evans attack the ball yet, He always has to be hit in stride. Edwards pick against the Jets is a prime example you have to fight for the ball.

Stewie
10-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Where did you hear him say this? "Lee Evans" "wounded duck" returns no hits on google news. And the buffalo news quotes him saying

“I think we got the look that we wanted,” Evans said of his longest reception of the season. “Fortunately we were able to connect this time, and certainly as the year goes along we’re certainly going to need those to help us win games.”

and

“I moved around a lot,” Evans said. “That’s one of the things we’ve been doing the last couple of weeks. We had some opportunities to do some things and we were able to take advantage of it. We were able to get a big play and consistently stay involved throughout the game. When you do that and get people involved it just helps open the offense a little bit.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/189651.html

That doesn't sound like a guy trying to throw his qb under the bus

chernobylwraiths
10-22-2007, 11:38 AM
It did kind of look like a Chad Pennington pass to me. It kind of floated in there. I was surprised that Lee called it a duck though. Even if he catches it cleanly I don't think he scores as there were two defenders right there.

I think Lee is looking for a pass that is leading him straight toward the end zone and this pass looked a bit like it was leading him more towards the sidelines.

chernobylwraiths
10-22-2007, 11:40 AM
You look at receivers like Moss and Smith they are great receivers because they go up and get the ball at its highest point. No matter who the qb is its hard the throw the perfect long ball, brady threw two long balls yesterday that were not great decisions but moss went up and stole them in double coverage. I have not seen Evans attack the ball yet, He always has to be hit in stride. Edwards pick against the Jets is a prime example you have to fight for the ball.

There was virtually nothing Lee could have done on that ball in the Jets game. It was a very good play by the DB. You shouldn't compair Lee with Randy either. Isn't Moss like 6'3 and Lee about 5'10?

camelcowboy
10-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Where did you hear him say this? "Lee Evans" "wounded duck" returns no hits on google news. And the buffalo news quotes him saying

“I think we got the look that we wanted,” Evans said of his longest reception of the season. “Fortunately we were able to connect this time, and certainly as the year goes along we’re certainly going to need those to help us win games.”

and

“I moved around a lot,” Evans said. “That’s one of the things we’ve been doing the last couple of weeks. We had some opportunities to do some things and we were able to take advantage of it. We were able to get a big play and consistently stay involved throughout the game. When you do that and get people involved it just helps open the offense a little bit.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/189651.html

That doesn't sound like a guy trying to throw his qb under the bus I saw that as well but he called the pass a duck as well. It was on WGR today i heard and bam heard it im sure other have too, as of yet i have not seen it in print.

chernobylwraiths
10-22-2007, 11:43 AM
I have heard it as well. I think he was asked about the bobble and he said that the pass wasn't where he would like it to be ...etc. I wonder if it is in the WGR audiovault somewhere?

camelcowboy
10-22-2007, 11:48 AM
There was virtually nothing Lee could have done on that ball in the Jets game. It was a very good play by the DB. You shouldn't compair Lee with Randy either. Isn't Moss like 6'3 and Lee about 5'10?Point was that a reciever needs to make a play on the ball because it is rare that a qb can make a perfect throw. Then compare Evans to steve smith. No difference in height but why is smith a better overall receiver? Run after the catch and smith will fight for a ball if its not thrown perfectly. Im not saying Evans is a bad receiver i just think he's overated. A solid two not a one.

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 11:49 AM
I have not seen Evans attack the ball yet, He always has to be hit in stride. Edwards pick against the Jets is a prime example you have to fight for the ball.
you obviously haven't been watching the games then.

camelcowboy
10-22-2007, 11:51 AM
you obviously haven't been watching the games then. Guess not, educate me then, the forum is yours.

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 12:00 PM
Guess not, educate me then, the forum is yours.
in the short passes to Evans he has more than often faught for the ball to make receptions. He dives, bumps and does what it takes to get the pass.

In the deep ball, he shouldn't have to be in a jump ball situation. He's not Moulds and he is not Moss.He's 5'11 . He's a burner. You have to throw deep and he'll run after it deep. Thats what made him successful last year. It's also hard to come back for the ball when you are as fast as he is running at full speed.

He also did however run back to a catch a deep ball last year against the fins when JP's throw was blown by the wind. He caught it for a TD.

camelcowboy
10-22-2007, 12:11 PM
in the short passes to Evans he has more than often faught for the ball to make receptions. He dives, bumps and does what it takes to get the pass.

In the deep ball, he shouldn't have to be in a jump ball situation. He's not Moulds and he is not Moss.He's 5'11 . He's a burner. You have to throw deep and he'll run after it deep. Thats what made him successful last year. It's also hard to come back for the ball when you are as fast as he is running at full speed.

He also did however run back to a catch a deep ball last year against the fins when JP's throw was blown by the wind. He caught it for a TD. I agree with most of what you have said if this was last year, but this year evans has dropped catchable balls and hasn't shown the ability to beat double teams this year. Edward said it himself the ravens weren't rolling the coverages over on evans that why he was more open then earlier games in the season. Just seems like evans is pretty one dimensional hit him with the deep ball, because he won't beat you any other way.

LtBillsFan66
10-22-2007, 12:14 PM
I guess Lee is a licker. :down:

camelcowboy
10-22-2007, 12:18 PM
I guess Lee is a licker. :down::(

TacklingDummy
10-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Lee Evans is no Moss, Johnson, TO, Smith, Harrison, Wayne, TJ, Chambers, Burress, Holt, Fitzgerald, etc..

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 12:21 PM
I agree with most of what you have said if this was last year, but this year evans has dropped catchable balls and hasn't shown the ability to beat double teams this year. Edward said it himself the ravens weren't rolling the coverages over on evans that why he was more open then earlier games in the season. Just seems like evans is pretty one dimensional hit him with the deep ball, because he won't beat you any other way.
he's beaten cb's in the short game. Yes, he's dropped catchable balls especially in the first 2 games . THose dropped balls are especially why you have to hit him in stride. He was was well covered in those passes. That's not taking advantage of his speed when there are corners on him. Has he made those catches before? Sure, But as I've said, JP and Lee needed to get the timing back again since JP was also having to deal with an OL that was trying to gel.

All JP and Evans faced in the offseason were mostly our cb at camp and not enough time on the field in preseason. Then they come out and face Pitts and Denver.

I'm almost sure Evans would've had a TD by now via deep balls from JP by now if JP was the qb.

HHURRICANE
10-22-2007, 12:22 PM
If he called that pass a wounded duck than he's a frickin idiot. He almost dropped it or put it in the defender's arms. It was a good pass.

I'm starting to think this kid is a jerk. Or maybe if you run your mouth you get traded. This is why the Bills can't trade everybody who doesn't want to be here because it sets this kind of precedent going forward.

camelcowboy
10-22-2007, 12:35 PM
If he called that pass a wounded duck than he's a frickin idiot. He almost dropped it or put it in the defender's arms. It was a good pass.

I'm starting to think this kid is a jerk. Or maybe if you run your mouth you get traded. This is why the Bills can't trade everybody who doesn't want to be here because it sets this kind of precedent going forward. Just listening to the radio show he the night after every game has rubbed the wrong way. I don't know maybe hes just frustrated.

Forward_Lateral
10-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Lee needs to shut his yap and play football. He's done NOTHING in this league yet. Had a big season. BIG DEAL. When you put up a ton of seasons in a row like Moulds did, then you earn the right to ***** and complain. Until then, shut up, or leave town. This team doesn't need this kind of garbage.

Lexwhat
10-22-2007, 01:07 PM
You look at receivers like Moss and Smith they are great receivers because they go up and get the ball at its highest point. No matter who the qb is its hard the throw the perfect long ball, brady threw two long balls yesterday that were not great decisions but moss went up and stole them in double coverage. I have not seen Evans attack the ball yet, He always has to be hit in stride. Edwards pick against the Jets is a prime example you have to fight for the ball.

Those TD catches by Moss yesterday were ridiculous. He made the Dolphin defenders look like high-schoolers...

It reminded me of those catches that Moss had against Green Bay on Monday Night Football his Rookie year. Remember those?

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Lee needs to shut his yap and play football. He's done NOTHING in this league yet. Had a big season. BIG DEAL. When you put up a ton of seasons in a row like Moulds did, then you earn the right to ***** and complain. Until then, shut up, or leave town. This team doesn't need this kind of garbage.
YUp, let's trade him for draft picks. Let's drop our most proven player and draft someone who we hope and pray becomes proven.

Ultra Chimp 1
10-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Evans is awful this year and no he is not a number one.

camelcowboy
10-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Those TD catches by Moss yesterday were ridiculous. He made the Dolphin defenders look like high-schoolers...

It reminded me of those catches that Moss had against Green Bay on Monday Night Football his Rookie year. Remember those? he is just sick, he had a one handed catch off a fake spike it was just out of the endzone but he is the best receiver in football.

Bill Cody
10-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Sure, But as I've said, JP and Lee needed to get the timing back again since JP was also having to deal with an OL that was trying to gel.

There simply is no end or no limit to the excuses the lickers have for our scout team QB.

SABURZFAN
10-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Last week Evans went public with his feelings that Losman should be the starter "I have no problem with the opinion, I have a problem with him talking to the media" This week after the game he called Edwards deep ball a "wounded duck" and he juggled it because he had to slow down. This guy is going out of his way to place blame after a WIN and quite honestly i think he is just waiting for a paycheck and he can't get it if losman doesn't pat his stats with the long ball. Evans is a number two receiver in this league, he is not a redzone threat and is invisible over the middle. I maybe over reacting but week by week he is starting to look like a locker room cancer and i'll be happy to see him go if he keeps this crap up.

i recall a fair catch he could have called against Green Bay for a TD.he wasn't chirping how bad that pass was.

HHURRICANE
10-22-2007, 02:22 PM
i recall a fair catch he could have called against Green Bay for a TD.he wasn't chirping how bad that pass was.

Exactly. Obvioulsy we now know who JP's gay lover is.

Forward_Lateral
10-22-2007, 02:37 PM
YUp, let's trade him for draft picks. Let's drop our most proven player and draft someone who we hope and pray becomes proven.

IF he's going to be a locker room cancer, then yes.

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 02:40 PM
IF he's going to be a locker room cancer, then yes.

seems to me majority of the fans here think the coaching staff is idiotic. Maybe Evans agrees . So who do we get rid of? Our best player or the coaching staff? What would be your call? rebuild all over agian? New coach new players?

OpIv37
10-22-2007, 02:47 PM

wouldn't be the first time....

Forward_Lateral
10-22-2007, 02:48 PM
seems to me majority of the fans here think the coaching staff is idiotic. Maybe Evans agrees . So who do we get rid of? Our best player or the coaching staff? What would be your call? rebuild all over agian? New coach new players?

Did I say anything about coaches? He called out his QB, not his coaches. Learn to read before making such statements.

SABURZFAN
10-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Did I say anything about coaches? He called out his QB, not his coaches. Learn to read before making such statements.

:bf1:

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 03:04 PM
in case you missed it, players have called out the coaches.
I also never said you said it but if the players are not satisfied with whats going on then it all points back to the coaches. So what's your call, are th coaches the problem or Evans?

Illmatic15
10-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Get of Trents jock people, I trust the NFL WR(Evans) who plays with the QB(Edwards) opinion over anyone. Stop hating on Lee...

Forward_Lateral
10-22-2007, 03:25 PM
I also never said you said it but if the players are not satisfied with whats going on then it all points back to the coaches. So what's your call, are th coaches the problem or Evans?

Did you even read the first page of this thread? This wasn't about coaches. It was about Evans throwing Trent under the bus.

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Did you even read the first page of this thread? This wasn't about coaches. It was about Evans throwing Trent under the bus.
Yikes. Moulds threw JP under the BUS. Moulds (plus Vets) was against the coaches starting JP because they thought Holcomb gave them a better chance to win.

Later on, fans called Moulds a lockerroom cancerand Mularkey an idiot. So why is Moulds a cancer for voicing his opinion which the fans happen to agree with?

Fast forward to today, Evans think JP is better. Fans think our coaches are idiots . Deja vu? Who's the cancer, Evans or the coaches?

Forward_Lateral
10-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Yikes. Moulds threw JP under the BUS. Moulds (plus Vets) was against the coaches starting JP because they thought Holcomb gave them a better chance to win.

Later on, fans called Moulds a lockerroom cancerand Mularkey an idiot. So why is Moulds a cancer for voicing his opinion which the fans happen to agree with?

Fast forward to today, Evans think JP is better. Fans think our coaches are idiots . Deja vu? Who's the cancer, Evans or the coaches?

Jesus Christ. I'm done with you. You clearly CAN'T FREAKING READ.

djjimkelly
10-22-2007, 03:47 PM

if you all recall JP was the first one to call out coaches in week 3 before the pats game. and regardless of your view on JP he was right!!!!!

djjimkelly
10-22-2007, 03:49 PM
:bf1:

just curious why isnt the 3 and out meter updated?:couch: :couch:

RedEyE
10-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Let's face facts here people QB situation aside.

Evans is a deep threat WR. Losman and Evans have a had a special connection the past two years that allowed this team to put points on the board, and W's in the win column.

Edwards might have proven himself to the media, the fans and the coaching staff, but if he hasn't proven himself to the players around him, then he has some serious work to do.

The team really has no BIG #2 WR and this focuses a lot of the attention on Evans. Evans isn't that slot guy that will kill himself for the football. He's much too small for those fight balls through the middle.

There was a play few weeks ago where the ball was well placed in the endzone and rather then jump for the ball, Evans allowed the defender to come down with the ball instead. THAT WAS WHEN LOSMAN WAS QB.

So, Evans can be a threat, but much of his talent lies on his abiltiy to find the open field, and the necesary aide of his WR counterparts. A Chambers like WR would prove very helpful to the entire team.

A lot of the downfield issues will go a way as the Bills continue to progress with the running game, Edwards grows more comfortable in the pocket, and the line provides the time necessary to deliver a long beautiful pass.

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 03:57 PM

Evans is a deep threat WR. Losman and Evans have a had a special connection the past two years that allowed this team to put points on the board, and W's in the win column.

Edwards might have proven himself to the media, the fans and the coaching staff, but if he hasn't proven himself to the players around him, then he has some serious work to do.

The team really has no BIG #2 WR and this focuses a lot of the attention on Evans. Evans isn't that slot guy that will kill himself for the football. He's much too small for those fight balls through the middle.

There was a play few weeks ago where the ball was well placed in the endzone and rather then jump for the ball, Evans allowed the defender to come down with the ball instead. THAT WAS WHEN LOSMAN WAS QB.

So, Evans can be a threat, but much of his talent lies on his abiltiy to find the open field, and the necesary aide of his WR counterparts. A Chambers like WR would prove very helpful to the entire team.

A lot of the downfield issues will go a way as the Bills continue to progress with the running game, Edwards grows more comfortable in the pocket, and the line provides the time necessary to deliver a long beautiful pass.

Evans is also a threat in the short game. He's proven that against the jets and ravens. It however takes away from Parrish and Reed. When they make Evans run short routes, Reed and Parrish disappear.

Evans is not needed in the short passing game because Parrish and Reed are fine. However, when evans goes deep, TE is still learning how to get thim the ball. Obviously, Trent's deep balls doesn't have the zip that JP has that suits perfectly with Evans.

camelcowboy
10-22-2007, 04:01 PM

We won the game, what else does he need to prove? Evans has had his two best games under edwards not losman. I understand players may have to be convinced but just keep it out of the media.

RedEyE
10-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Evans is also a threat in the short game. He's proven that against the jets and ravens. It however takes away from Parrish and Reed. When they make Evans run short routes, Reed and Parrish disappear.

Evans is not needed in the short passing game because Parrish and Reed are fine. However, when evans goes deep, TE is still learning how to get thim the ball. Obviously, Trent's deep balls doesn't have the zip that JP has that suits perfectly with Evans.

I disagree. Evans works best on the outside routes or tromping down between the safety's when he is riding the slot. Otherwise he rarely makes a decent read on a blitz for short yardage catch.

My point though is that this offense is struggling at a whole, regarldess of who is at the reigns.

I do see them getting better offensively, but it is taking some serious time to get there. If the offense could have established one decent TD drive against the Cowboys, that game is behind us in the bag.

With that being said, Edwards has a long way to go and really doesn't give me that spark you see from a top 10 QB. Losman might be the best he's ever going to be. I'm not opposed to the Bills signing a big QB at the top of the draft next season.

RedEyE
10-22-2007, 04:10 PM
We won the game, what else does he need to prove? Evans has had his two best games under edwards not losman. I understand player may have to be convinced but just keep it out of the media.

He has a lot to prove and let's be realistic, Trent Edwards almost gave them the game...again. Whether or not it was bad play calling or not, it was still poor judgment on his part, youth aside. I wouldn't be horrified with this particular pick if it wasn't nearly as identical as the one against Dallas. He has to learn from those mistakes. Same side of the field same route. Bad read, and almost game ending.

I'm not condoning Losman's play here either. I'm nopt sure either one of them have what it takes to be the big QB this team needs.

Bill Cody
10-22-2007, 04:46 PM

Why can't both be true? Moulds was without a doubt a locker room cancer and grossly overpaid for what he deilvered his couple years here AND Mularkey was an idiot. There's a time and a place for voicing opinions like that and I can't see how doing so to the press is EVER useful. Evans should STFU period. All this harping on the coaches is dumb anyway, we're way short on overall talent. Would BB be anything close to 7-0 with this group? Not even close.

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 04:49 PM
We won the game, what else does he need to prove?

that he can play without giving the game away by stupid throws in crunch time.

Evans has had his two best games under edwards not losman. I understand players may have to be convinced but just keep it out of the media.
bleh. I
m sure Evans would've had a TD and over 100 yrds by now if JP was the qb.

YardRat
10-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Why is everybody acting like this is the first time a player made a questionable comment to the media? It happens. If Edwards continues to start, and the offense progresses, and the team chalks up a few wins, Evans will either be on board or be gone...Contribute here, or contribute elsewhere.

Jesus...'The Bickering Bills' from the glory years isn't just a fairy tale, you know.

Mitchy moo
10-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Lee just needs to shut his mouth and get open, lord knows we do not need another Moulds here.

billser
10-22-2007, 06:36 PM
I just watched the play...i can see it being thrown with more velocity by someone with a cannon arm, but jeez, its by no means a wounded duck. The commentator actually says "a good throw by Trent Edwards. Had evans not taken his eyes off the ball, he couldve scored"....it looked good to me!

SABURZFAN
10-22-2007, 06:40 PM
I just watched the play...i can see it being thrown with more velocity by someone with a cannon arm, but jeez, its by no means a wounded duck. The commentator actually says "a good throw by Trent Edwards. Had evans not taken his eyes off the ball, he couldve scored"....it looked good to me!

that's because you don't wear the rose-colored glasses that the Lossman fans wear.

billser
10-22-2007, 07:00 PM
that's because you don't wear the rose-colored glasses that the Lossman fans wear.

Ya, i dont go either way, just gimme the better qb....but u cant call that a bad pass, im just saying it as i see it....

Nighthawk
10-22-2007, 07:08 PM

I heard that on the radio and couldn't believe my ears. This guy is really turning into a real a-hole!

G Wolly
10-22-2007, 07:15 PM
I'd hate to see Evans go the route of Willis and talk smack about us.

djjimkelly
10-22-2007, 07:25 PM
We won the game, what else does he need to prove? Evans has had his two best games under edwards not losman. I understand players may have to be convinced but just keep it out of the media.

he hasnt broken a 100 yards this year did it god knows how many times last year.

ALSO DIDNT LEE SET A TEAM RECORD AND NEAR LEAGUE RECORD WITH LOSMAN LAST YEAR?

camelcowboy
10-22-2007, 07:28 PM
he hasnt broken a 100 yards this year did it god knows how many times last year.

ALSO DIDNT LEE SET A TEAM RECORD AND NEAR LEAGUE RECORD WITH LOSMAN LAST YEAR? Thats nice those records help lead us to the playoff last year right?

raphael120
10-22-2007, 07:30 PM
I remember Evans having to usually make a play on the ball and adjust alot when JP was back there too, so...how was the wind at the stadium? I know it was windy as hell Saturday

Spiderweb
10-23-2007, 12:00 AM

Ahem, Evans hasn't made a play all year, and almost screwed that one up too, but let's see a link Camel before we decide if Evans is trying to throw edwards under the bus.

None is so blind as he who shall not see.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80376c3e

(The link doesn't work well, at least not for me. Just click on teams tab and select Bills-Ravens highlights.)

Click on the link and watch the replay again. The ball was under thrown (should have gone over the top). Evans had to slow and cut to his left. Also notice the relatively flat trajectory of the throw. Had it been over the top, Evans may have had his first score of the year.

All in all, not a very good throw.

billser
10-23-2007, 12:38 AM
nope, still tihnk its good throw..butttt, it might be a bigger concern that lynch didnt break that run n go all the way, howd that fat dliner get him on that play

Romes
10-23-2007, 03:41 AM
The pass was good enough. It wasn't perfect. I don't think Evans is being divisive by saying it was a duck. I bet if you'd ask Edwards he'd say it was a little underthrown, too.

BillsFever21
10-23-2007, 05:03 AM

I'm starting to think this kid is a jerk. Or maybe if you run your mouth you get traded. This is why the Bills can't trade everybody who doesn't want to be here because it sets this kind of precedent going forward.

I guess posters know more about a specific pass reception then the WR who was running the route and caught the ball. Maybe the ball wasn't supposed to be that far towards the sideline? If that's the case then it was a poorly thrown ball. Only Evans and Edwards knows that.

BillsFever21
10-23-2007, 05:14 AM
Why can't both be true? Moulds was without a doubt a locker room cancer and grossly overpaid for what he deilvered his couple years here AND Mularkey was an idiot. There's a time and a place for voicing opinions like that and I can't see how doing so to the press is EVER useful. Evans should STFU period. All this harping on the coaches is dumb anyway, we're way short on overall talent. Would BB be anything close to 7-0 with this group? Not even close.

We wouldn't be 7-0 with BB but we would be far better then 2-4. Same thing on the other side. There is no way in hell Jauron would have the Patriots 7-0 and setting records every week and blowing away every opponent they play like they are a college team.

YardRat
10-23-2007, 05:33 AM
I guess posters know more about a specific pass reception then the WR who was running the route and caught the ball. Maybe the ball wasn't supposed to be that far towards the sideline? If that's the case then it was a poorly thrown ball. Only Evans and Edwards knows that.

Which pass are you referring to? The completion over the middle, or the incompletion down the right sideline?

mybills
10-23-2007, 08:24 AM
There simply is no end or no limit to the excuses the lickers have for our scout team QB.
THIS coming from a guy with a loser in his avatar and user name. :roflmao:

Philagape
10-23-2007, 09:05 AM
For those of you who heard it, what was the tone? Was he really complaining about it, or was it a playful ribbing of a teammate?

HHURRICANE
10-23-2007, 09:08 AM
For those of you who heard it, what was the tone? Was he really complaining about it, or was it a playful ribbing of a teammate?

Great point.

Bill Cody
10-23-2007, 09:25 AM
THIS coming from a guy with a loser in his avatar and user name. :roflmao:

Drew set 10 Bills passing records his first year here and he's in the top 10 all time in yards and completions. In two years Lossman will be parking cars.:sorry:

JJamezz
10-23-2007, 09:51 AM
I didn't hear the original sound bit, but heard Evans' show last night..

He said that particular pass just came out of Edwards' hand funny (ie. wasn't a tight spiral), which is why it hung up and he had to come back a little for it. It wasn't 'underthrown' for the reason many people are insinuating..

He also commented on the other deep balls, saying the one to Roscoe was a perfect pass, and the other one, I forget who it was to, got hung up in the wind. As Raphael mentioned above, Evans said the wind was a bigger factor Sunday than people might realize.

Anybody who's interested in this thread should take a listen to his show from last night, I think he answers all of these questions and accusations. Several people phoned in and called him out specifically on this issue, saying it sounded like he didn't like Trent, etc.

Originally, I thought it was because JP is Evans' boy, and all that.. Now I think Evans' take is simply that JP has put a lot of time and effort into getting better these last several years, and for that reason he should get another shot and not lose his job to short term injury. I ultimately believe Edwards is the future of this team, and would prefer that he stays in there, but its hard to argue Evans' point.

justasportsfan
10-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Anybody who's interested in this thread should take a listen to his show from last night, I think he answers all of these questions and accusations. Several people phoned in and called him out specifically on this issue, saying it sounded like he didn't like Trent, etc.

Originally, I thought it was because JP is Evans' boy, and all that.. . over reaction from Trent fans. It's easier to call our best player a cancer.

Now I think Evans' take is simply that JP has put a lot of time and effort into getting better these last several years, and for that reason he should get another shot and not lose his job to short term injury. I ultimately believe Edwards is the future of this team, and would prefer that he stays in there, but its hard to argue Evans' point.
If he had a problem in sundays game, our wr's should keep practicing short routes for December and Lynch better be more than just a time controller. No way TE is gonna be successful throwing against the wind.

gr8slayer
10-23-2007, 10:09 AM
The best player on one of the league's worst teams voicing his opinion to the media. That hasn't been done before......

At least he isn't satisfied with mediocrity.......