X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

They should Rip the C from Evans!

Last week Evans went public with his feelings that Losman should be the starter "I have no problem with the opinion, I have a problem with him talking to the media" This week after the game he called Edwards deep ball a "wounded duck" and he juggled it because he had to slow down. This guy is going out of his way to place blame after a WIN and quite honestly i think he is just waiting for a paycheck and he can't get it if losman doesn't pat his stats with the long ball. Evans is a number two receiver in this league, he is not a redzone threat and is invisible over the middle. I maybe over reacting but week by week he is starting to look like a locker room cancer and i'll be happy to see him go if he keeps this crap up.

• Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: They should Rip the C from Evans!

Wounded duck? He needs his eyes checked.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
      This week after the game he called Edwards deep ball a "wounded duck"
      Link?

(not that I doubt it, just haven't heard it yet)
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

PS-- Hey Lee, if Trent led you anymore, it would've been picked by the safety that was coming across. He hit you in stride, nimrod, if you had caught it cleanly, you'd have scored a TD.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
          Defies all logic
          • Oct 2006

Evans is a solid #1 WR, we just need a big body opposite to him or at TE to take pressure off of him in the redzone. Despite our struggles, make no question about it, Lee Evans is still our best player on offense and he came through for Trent against a stout Baltimore defense. Atleast he is showing some heart, Losman is his boy and they came up together but Lee needs to remember that this is a business.. Sadly, I hope he forgets that concept when it comes to contract talks.

Comment

• camelcowboy
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
            Link?

I heard the coach talking about it on WGR, im trying to find the link now.

Comment

• Oaf
              Do you read what you write?
              • Jun 2007

That was the perfect pass from Edwards, and when Lee bobbled that I was about to curb stomp someone.

Ahem, Evans hasn't made a play all year, and almost screwed that one up too, but let's see a link Camel before we decide if Evans is trying to throw edwards under the bus.

Comment

• BAM
                • Sep 2003

Link?

I heard it on WGR. They played it a few times this morning from his post-game interview.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                  • Mar 2005

you can spam it, unless someone else heard it i can't find a link so i apologize

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Oaf
                    That was the perfect pass from Edwards, and when Lee bobbled that I was about to curb stomp someone.

Ahem, Evans hasn't made a play all year, and almost screwed that one up too, but let's see a link Camel before we decide if Evans is trying to throw edwards under the bus.
                    I agree i watched the replay of the pass numerous times from the nfl network. He hit him in stride the fact he called it a duck to the media just baffled me.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

I'd honestly like to know what the percentages are on long bombs. How often does everything go right: hitting the receiver in stride, over the correct shoulder, avoiding defenders, etc.? It seems pretty absurd to bash anyone for an imperfect execution of that kind of play, especially when it's converted.

If it were a high-percentage play, teams would do it all the time and we'd have arena football.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• camelcowboy
                        • Mar 2005

I'd honestly like to know what the percentages are on long bombs. How often does everything go right: hitting the receiver in stride, over the correct shoulder, avoiding defenders, etc.? It seems pretty absurd to bash anyone for an imperfect execution of that kind of play, especially when it's converted.

If it were a high-percentage play, teams would do it all the time and we'd have arena football.
                        You look at receivers like Moss and Smith they are great receivers because they go up and get the ball at its highest point. No matter who the qb is its hard the throw the perfect long ball, brady threw two long balls yesterday that were not great decisions but moss went up and stole them in double coverage. I have not seen Evans attack the ball yet, He always has to be hit in stride. Edwards pick against the Jets is a prime example you have to fight for the ball.

Comment

• Stewie
                          Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                          • Aug 2002

Where did you hear him say this? "Lee Evans" "wounded duck" returns no hits on google news. And the buffalo news quotes him saying

“I think we got the look that we wanted,” Evans said of his longest reception of the season. “Fortunately we were able to connect this time, and certainly as the year goes along we’re certainly going to need those to help us win games.”

and

“I moved around a lot,” Evans said. “That’s one of the things we’ve been doing the last couple of weeks. We had some opportunities to do some things and we were able to take advantage of it. We were able to get a big play and consistently stay involved throughout the game. When you do that and get people involved it just helps open the offense a little bit.”

That doesn't sound like a guy trying to throw his qb under the bus
                          Originally posted by Topdog
                          Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                          Originally posted by mercyrule
                          I love Weiner.
                          Originally posted by mercyrule
                          also cheese

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

It did kind of look like a Chad Pennington pass to me. It kind of floated in there. I was surprised that Lee called it a duck though. Even if he catches it cleanly I don't think he scores as there were two defenders right there.

I think Lee is looking for a pass that is leading him straight toward the end zone and this pass looked a bit like it was leading him more towards the sidelines.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                              You look at receivers like Moss and Smith they are great receivers because they go up and get the ball at its highest point. No matter who the qb is its hard the throw the perfect long ball, brady threw two long balls yesterday that were not great decisions but moss went up and stole them in double coverage. I have not seen Evans attack the ball yet, He always has to be hit in stride. Edwards pick against the Jets is a prime example you have to fight for the ball.
                              There was virtually nothing Lee could have done on that ball in the Jets game. It was a very good play by the DB. You shouldn't compair Lee with Randy either. Isn't Moss like 6'3 and Lee about 5'10?

Comment

Working...
                              X