PDA

View Full Version : Question about Greg Williams?

kgun12
03-26-2003, 04:06 PM
There is a group of people here that dislike GW. Here are usually the reasons they give:

1. Punt at the 32
2. Went for 2 when he should have gone for 1.
3. Hired inexperienced coahes his first year.
Other than that there isn't much else the complain about.
Let's look at them

#1. lost
#2. won
#3. Fix it!

NOW here is the real question: The offense was good last year ONLY because TD traded for Drew, The Defense still sucked, Other than P. Williams and L. Fletcher, and MAYBE Winfield and Clements (no interceptions), how does anyone think he has done a BAD job, and how can anyone say we should have made the playoffs? We also won 1 or 2 games we probably should have lost

:confused: :confused: :confused:

BillsNYC
03-26-2003, 04:12 PM
because that first patriots game...he was simply outcoached...that is what scares me......

BillsNYC
03-26-2003, 04:13 PM
but have not given up on him...i still 100% support him

Tatonka
03-26-2003, 04:44 PM
i dont dislike gw either..

but i will say this.. he has a one year contract because if this team starts out , oh say.. 1-5... he will be fired, and one of the other 3 guys that have been head coaches will be moved up.

TedMock
03-26-2003, 04:57 PM
I've stated this before. I like GW and now he has the tools. Let's evaluate him fairly after this season. He's a proven defensive coach via success as a d-coordinator. He was outcoached in a few games over the last 2 seasons. There's a good reason, he's inexperienced as a head coach. I think he was better last season than the year before. The playcalling isn't usually done by the head coach, it's done by the coordinators (not in all cases). The biggest thing he does well as a head coach is that he's able to keep the players motivated. They play hard for him even when there's nothing at stake. At the worst times in the last 2 years, the players never quit. That's what a head coach does.

Buffarama
03-26-2003, 05:02 PM
GW is growing. I just don't want to be a coach farm.
He has learned how to handle his players sort of like Marv did. My problem with GW is his sideline presence. His eratic decisions are still a problem. If he learns how to coach from the sideline, he will be a very good coach.

shelby
03-26-2003, 05:09 PM
i will bet 1000 zonebucks that LeBeau will be our HC in 2004.
GW is good, but not great.

kgun12
03-26-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by shelby
i will bet 1000 zonebucks that LeBeau will be our HC in 2004.
GW is good, but not great.

I'll take that bet shelby!

kgun12
03-26-2003, 09:34 PM
Quoted by buffarama

"His eratic decisions are still a problem. If he learns how to coach from the sideline, he will be a very good coach."

Ok other than the bad decisions mentioned in the beginning of this thread tell me all his bad calls. I just don't think there are that many!

Earthquake Enyart
03-26-2003, 09:34 PM
I want my football coach to be a fearless rock on the sidelines, not a 55 year old grandma.

kgun12
03-26-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
I want my football coach to be a fearless rock on the sidelines, not a 55 year old grandma.

Lucy you have some splainin to do. :scratch: lol

Buffarama
03-27-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by kgun12
Quoted by buffarama

"His eratic decisions are still a problem. If he learns how to coach from the sideline, he will be a very good coach."

Ok other than the bad decisions mentioned in the beginning of this thread tell me all his bad calls. I just don't think there are that many!

I would but I've already drowned those sorrows. I just remember who was to blame, and it was GW.

kgun12
03-27-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Buffarama

I would but I've already drowned those sorrows. I just remember who was to blame, and it was GW.

That's a cop out! I don't think there are many more reasons, and GW has IMO turned into the whipping boy.

Buffarama
03-27-2003, 09:50 AM
Then why doesn't he have a new contract? ;)

Buffarama
03-27-2003, 09:55 AM
Not to mention his entire initial strategy and list of assistant coaches has been scrapped and debunked. His entire philosophy has failed (WCO, 46 defense, teachers, bullhorn, discipline). I'm giving him credit for being willing to accept his mistakes and learn from them, which he apparantly has. I think that's the only reason he's still here. Everything he initally brought to the table has failed. He is now the new Greg Williams.

TypicalBill
03-27-2003, 10:08 AM
i read somewhere that he might have refused a contract extension from TD, i mean, think about it. Frankly, our team last yaer wasn't a playoff caliber team, especially on the defensive side and we still were one game away from winning the division. Some of the games were lost because of player mistakes, its not all his fault. He has a much improved team this year that can go deep into the playoffs so, if he waits until after this season and succeeds in winning the division or the AFC, he'll make a lot more money than he was gonna get if he signed one now.

I hope that made sense :(

kgun12
03-27-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Buffarama
Not to mention his entire initial strategy and list of assistant coaches has been scrapped and debunked. His entire philosophy has failed (WCO, 46 defense, teachers, bullhorn, discipline). I'm giving him credit for being willing to accept his mistakes and learn from them, which he apparantly has. I think that's the only reason he's still here. Everything he initally brought to the table has failed. He is now the new Greg Williams.

Iwrote this in the start of the thread.
Again give some other reasons! I just think someone vented after a game of the end of the seasopn and the bandwagoners jump on board and just keep saying the same thimgs over and over and over.

TD said they were trying to workout a contract extension.The only reason I can see that he doesn't have a new contract is HE turned it down!

shelby
03-27-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by kgun12

I'll take that bet shelby!

You're on brotha!!!:shake: