PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like Chris Brown knows who's starting.

HHURRICANE
10-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Hard to deny Edwards now

<TABLE borderColor=#09347b cellPadding=10 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mediumrow style="BORDER-RIGHT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #548bb5 1px solid" colSpan=2><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>October 21, 2007
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 6:57 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=2160)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>HARD TO DENY EDWARDS NOW: By no means was Edwards lights out Sunday, but he performed admirably with a lot of nuances of the game. The staff put a ton of faith in him by turning to the no huddle for a large portion of the game. He had to make good pre-snap calls, get everybody lined up all while keeping an eye on the play clock. He was relatively mistake free.
To keep an aggressive and varied pressure defense that is built on timing at the snap off balance Edwards was again relied upon to keep Baltimore off balance with his pre-snap cadence. He drew the Ravens offsides five times in the first half.
He can now check off being able to make plays downfield from his to-do list after the play to Evans along with a couple of other intermediate throws.
Continuity is another factor as he's now played in twice as many games as JP. And finally momentum is something this team has now coming off the win. In light of how well he played against the Jets the first time there's no way he'll be taken out of the lineup moving forward.
I'll be stunned if it happens.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

justasportsfan
10-22-2007, 04:21 PM
When he said JP gives the O more options everyone thought he was implying JP was gonna start.

kinigirly
10-22-2007, 04:21 PM
no matter who you're rooting for and whatever your argument, we all know who's starting. i don't know why people keep thinking its gonna change anytime soon

camelcowboy
10-22-2007, 04:22 PM
the puppet has spoken :up:

RedEyE
10-22-2007, 04:28 PM
He makes some really good points about Edwards first half.

TacklingDummy
10-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Chris Brown had JP starting last week.

YardRat
10-22-2007, 04:47 PM
I have my preference and reasons for it, but whoever the coaches choose I'll be rooting for them to do well on Sunday.

acehole
10-22-2007, 04:58 PM
Well then good luck T Edwards...I think we all better lower our expectations of playoffs if this is the case (Which is fine by me) I didnt think we had the ponies anyway. One more good draft and off season...we should get our injured guys back for then. IF they dont want to pay JP then T Edwards should use this year for experience. I am sorry for JP I think he was blamed for loses that werent all his fault.....I also think new offensive lines need time to gel.....coaching..so many factors. Anyway this dead horse has been beat. Alot of you tied your reputations to this guy including the coaches...so we will see what the future brings. I just dont see "it" yet....just seems like we cant built a team this way..there are some calling for evans head. Imagine that. I grow tired of the constant rebuilding........

Hard to deny Edwards now

<TABLE borderColor=#09347b cellPadding=10 width="95%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=mediumrow style="BORDER-RIGHT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #548bb5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #548bb5 1px solid" colSpan=2><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>October 21, 2007
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 6:57 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=2160)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>HARD TO DENY EDWARDS NOW: By no means was Edwards lights out Sunday, but he performed admirably with a lot of nuances of the game. The staff put a ton of faith in him by turning to the no huddle for a large portion of the game. He had to make good pre-snap calls, get everybody lined up all while keeping an eye on the play clock. He was relatively mistake free.
To keep an aggressive and varied pressure defense that is built on timing at the snap off balance Edwards was again relied upon to keep Baltimore off balance with his pre-snap cadence. He drew the Ravens offsides five times in the first half.
He can now check off being able to make plays downfield from his to-do list after the play to Evans along with a couple of other intermediate throws.
Continuity is another factor as he's now played in twice as many games as JP. And finally momentum is something this team has now coming off the win. In light of how well he played against the Jets the first time there's no way he'll be taken out of the lineup moving forward.
I'll be stunned if it happens.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Philagape
10-22-2007, 05:10 PM
I think we all better lower our expectations of playoffs if this is the case

How many people here ever thought this team was going to the playoffs under any circumstances?

OpIv37
10-22-2007, 05:12 PM
How many people here ever thought this team was going to the playoffs under any circumstances?

oh you'd be surprised....

camelcowboy
10-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Well then good luck T Edwards...I think we all better lower our expectations of playoffs :roflmao: to quote Jim Mora "Playoffs!!!"

Inetpub
10-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Well then good luck T Edwards...I think we all better lower our expectations of playoffs if this is the case (Which is fine by me) I didnt think we had the ponies anyway. One more good draft and off season...we should get our injured guys back for then. IF they dont want to pay JP then T Edwards should use this year for experience. I am sorry for JP I think he was blamed for loses that werent all his fault.....I also think new offensive lines need time to gel.....coaching..so many factors. Anyway this dead horse has been beat. Alot of you tied your reputations to this guy including the coaches...so we will see what the future brings. I just dont see "it" yet....just seems like we cant built a team this way..there are some calling for evans head. Imagine that. I grow tired of the constant rebuilding........

we were playoff bound with losman?? whats your analysis based on? his 0-2 start? Give me a break! at week 3, half this board was wondering if we would go 0-16. now we are 2-4. BECAUSE OF A TEAM FINALLY BEING LED BY A ROOKIE QB.

funny how you dont see "it" yet in TE but will gladly start JP who has an it factor of nil. stop kidding yourself with your horsecr@p and join the Legion of bills fans jumping off the lonely bandwagon of JP losermans. That horse carriage is just you and justasportsfan. must be fun riding it to nowhere but cr@psville

acehole
10-22-2007, 05:30 PM

Not me.....but the deffense showed alot of charater..and they suprised me.
The T Edwards pick actually sealed my belief that they did not think we would either.....

camelcowboy
10-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Not me.....but the deffense showed alot of charater..and they suprised me.
The T Edwards pick actually sealed my belief that they did not think we would either.....just be happy no among the teams with no wins bills are playing with heart but no matter who is under center playoff are a pipe dream

streetkings01
10-22-2007, 06:37 PM
we were playoff bound with losman?? whats your analysis based on? his 0-2 start? Give me a break! at week 3, half this board was wondering if we would go 0-16. now we are 2-4. BECAUSE OF A TEAM FINALLY BEING LED BY A ROOKIE QB.

funny how you dont see "it" yet in TE but will gladly start JP who has an it factor of nil. stop kidding yourself with your horsecr@p and join the Legion of bills fans jumping off the lonely bandwagon of JP losermans. That horse carriage is just you and justasportsfan. must be fun riding it to nowhere but cr@psville I take it you haven't been over to the bb.com boards huh???

HHURRICANE
10-22-2007, 06:41 PM

I'm not sure that I really disagree with much of your post.

I'm not blaming JP for the first two losses. With Trent under center I highly doubt that our record would look any different.

However, I am much more comfortable with him under center than JP. Maybe Trent will suck as well but I feel like JP isn't going to show me anymore than I've already seen.

I know we have all heard the "upside" argument and its' deja-vu all over again but Trent has played pretty damn good as a rookie.

jamze132
10-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Dude, this is a message board... I don't think anyones reputation is on the line.

acehole
10-22-2007, 08:11 PM
just be happy no among the teams with no wins bills are playing with heart but no matter who is under center playoff are a pipe dream

Heh?

acehole
10-22-2007, 08:14 PM
[I know we have all heard the "upside" argument and its' deja-vu all over again but Trent has played pretty damn good as a rookie.}

This is where I can make the jump (Yet). I have tivo and I have tried...
I am disaptointingly underwelmed.

I Hate Aqua Green
10-22-2007, 08:30 PM
I completely agree that Trent WILL start the rest of the way...I'm just not completely sold that he SHOULD...Yes, he manages the game extremely well for a rookie and looks poised in the pocket (and never mind that awful pick he threw Sunday when he stared down the receiver...after all, he is a rookie)...And, as Chris Brown stated in his piece, he has now taken the bulk of the snaps and the team is 2-1 w/ him as starter (so the whole "continuity" thing is on his side)...There are solid arguments to leave Trent in as starter but there are strong arguments for Losman as well...Losman was handcuffed by the play-calling vs. Denver...Plus Denver and the Steelers are two of the best Ds against the pass in the league...JP has a freakishly strong arm and good athleticism/mobility so the potential for the big play is there (I think this is why Evans felt JP should have gotten the job back)...Also, I just think that teams give up on QBs too soon in this league...The Steelers might have thrown Terry Bradshaw on the trash heap if the philosophies today were status quo then...I still say let JP finish the season just to make sure of what you have...The worst thing that happens is Trent is the everyday starter in '08.

acehole
10-23-2007, 09:43 AM
I didnt think we could at the begining of the season...the deffense showed more charater then I imaged they had....if the coaching did not lose the Denver game for lossmen and the dollass game for Edwards we would be in fine shape. We gave NE a run in the first half as well. I am just saying if Edwards is there guy the rest of the way...you are not going far with one 5 yard TD for every 4 int's.....stats dont lie. I never was a band wagoner or I would not be a Bills fan to begin with. I am not buying in to the Edwards hype just yet. I am not a JP fan so much as I can understand there is alot more to winning a football game then meets the eye. All of those reasons have allready been posted. If it were just the QB's then let JP or TE go out and have a fight with Tom Brady and let see who wins....

funny how you dont see "it" yet in TE but will gladly start JP who has an it factor of nil. stop kidding yourself with your horsecr@p and join the Legion of bills fans jumping off the lonely bandwagon of JP losermans. That horse carriage is just you and justasportsfan. must be fun riding it to nowhere but cr@psville

djjimkelly
10-23-2007, 09:45 AM

i originally thought this was an 8 win team give or take with breaks.

the first 6 weeks has shown we give wins away.

ill still stick with about 6-7 wins regardless of qb. i think our schedule is about to get rather soft from here on out.

gr8slayer
10-23-2007, 09:47 AM
How can you take him out? We finally won a game against a legit team and he's playing the worst team in the league next week which will be likely be another win, now if he could only throw a TD we'd be set :up:

Jan Reimers
10-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Why wouldn't Edwards continue to start? While he hasn't really been productive, his mistakes haven't killed us and we've won two out of his three starts.

gr8slayer
10-23-2007, 09:55 AM
Why wouldn't Edwards continue to start? While he hasn't really been productive, his mistakes haven't killed us and we've won two out of his three starts.
Aside from that whole not throwing a TD in two strait games, three total for the season and that INT vs. Dallas on the ten yard line your right. He has been pretty good.

It would make me feel much better if this week he can throw a few TD's and no INT's inside the 20. He's getting there but he's still a ways off.

acehole
10-23-2007, 10:01 AM

I guess you didnt see the Dallas game?
Ya know where he threw the INt which lead to the Dallas victory?

I am final in bizzarro world.

acehole
10-23-2007, 10:02 AM
It would make me feel much better if this week he can throw a few TD's and no INT's inside the 20. He's getting there but he's still a ways off.[/quote]

....isnt he allready really good though?

gr8slayer
10-23-2007, 10:07 AM
It would make me feel much better if this week he can throw a few TD's and no INT's inside the 20. He's getting there but he's still a ways off.

....isnt he allready really good though?
I'm assuming you forgot the [/sarcasm] after your post right? If you're serious give me your address so I can go hit you over the head with a tack hammer because you are a ******....... Name that movie.....

trapezeus
10-23-2007, 10:14 AM
I completely agree that Trent WILL start the rest of the way...I'm just not completely sold that he SHOULD...Yes, he manages the game extremely well for a rookie and looks poised in the pocket (and never mind that awful pick he threw Sunday when he stared down the receiver...after all, he is a rookie)...And, as Chris Brown stated in his piece, he has now taken the bulk of the snaps and the team is 2-1 w/ him as starter (so the whole "continuity" thing is on his side)...There are solid arguments to leave Trent in as starter but there are strong arguments for Losman as well...Losman was handcuffed by the play-calling vs. Denver...Plus Denver and the Steelers are two of the best Ds against the pass in the league...JP has a freakishly strong arm and good athleticism/mobility so the potential for the big play is there (I think this is why Evans felt JP should have gotten the job back)...Also, I just think that teams give up on QBs too soon in this league...The Steelers might have thrown Terry Bradshaw on the trash heap if the philosophies today were status quo then...I still say let JP finish the season just to make sure of what you have...The worst thing that happens is Trent is the everyday starter in '08.

How can you say this? Trent has been poised and manages the game extremely well, but JP is more athletic and stronger arm and should get a chance to play the rest of the season? this makes no sense.

Trent has moved the ball. he has taken time off the clock. he has put points up on the board. he averages over 100 yards a game in his first 3 games. how many 50-90 yard passing days would JP have if we didn't have him connect on a meaningless 50 yard toss at the end of the game.

I don't think Trent is HOF bound, but the guy is letting our defense play through without being comopletely winded. He is making all the right passes, and he has 1 int a game. both were costly, but he's a rookie.

Starting losman now, just to confirm that he doesn't have it is a terrible idea. There is nothing he can do to save his job. He goes 10-0, he'll cost too much. he goes .500, it shows you nothing, and if he goes 0-10, it was worse than expected. This year is basically a wash. if we can get trent to not make those picks, he's going to be able to win games instead of hanging on in the end. We can then use the draft to get other positions that we need.

And, the gigantic question is this, "do we even have enough quality receivers to consistently threaten with a deep ball?" The answer is no.

acehole
10-23-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm assuming you forgot the [/sarcasm] after your post right? If you're serious give me your address so I can go hit you over the head with a tack hammer because you are a ******....... Name that movie.....

Carful you will spill your beer while you are beating your wife......

You know me and Hurrican are on different sides of this and we manage not to insult each other or threaten violence...dont get mad at me because you are not smart enought to respond in kind. Also I believe you are violating this boards terms of service...we are not the Jets board you know. My piont is valid you are making excuses for TE when you berated us for making excuses for JP. Rebut that piont or find yourself a good AA meeting.

dannyek71
10-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Didn't we go through the same thing 2 years ago with Trent sr vs JP?

Mad Bomber
10-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Tommy Boy.

jamze132
10-23-2007, 04:11 PM
I guess you didnt see the Dallas game?
Ya know where he threw the INt which lead to the Dallas victory?

I am final in bizzarro world.
That pass never should have happened and any QB could have thrown that pic. If you want to pin that particular loss any one person, blame it on Fairchild ad his inept indiotic play calling.

acehole
10-23-2007, 05:07 PM
That pass never should have happened and any QB could have thrown that pic. If you want to pin that particular loss any one person, blame it on Fairchild ad his inept indiotic play calling.

Ahh yes we can blame Fairchild for Edwards but not for JP...

Hmmmm

Thanks for illustrating my point.

jamze132
10-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Ahh yes we can blame Fairchild for Edwards but not for JP...

Hmmmm

Thanks for illustrating my point.
Hey smart guy, when at all did I mention not defending JP? Way to spin it...

If you want my opinion, it doesn't matter who the ****in' QB is as long as Fairchild is the OC. They won't be put into a position to win.

Go spin this **** elsewhere...

camelcowboy
10-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Heh? Yeah that was pretty bad, Slacking on the proof reading.

acehole
10-24-2007, 10:01 AM

This is madness...blame the pick on the Offensive coordinator for calling a pass? hahaha..T Edwards should have thrown it away if he were the piosed QB you all say he is....this is possily the worst excuse I have ever heard for a qb throwing a pick in my life.....and none of you will cut JP the slightess slake for a slow start...

jamze132
10-24-2007, 02:31 PM
This is madness...blame the pick on the Offensive coordinator for calling a pass? hahaha..T Edwards should have thrown it away if he were the piosed QB you all say he is....this is possily the worst excuse I have ever heard for a qb throwing a pick in my life.....and none of you will cut JP the slightess slake for a slow start...
Ok Hercules, let's break it down, down syndrome style...

You ever head of Murphy's Law? If something can go wrong, it wil. And this type of thing happens all the time, especially in football. When it's time to run the ball, you run the ball, when it's time to pass the ball, you pass the ball. When you start to get cute with the playcalling, bad things happen, just like the INT Trent threw. Regardless of whether or not he should have thrown the ball to Evans or not is a moot point, Lynch should have had the ball running into the O-line. BAM, more time off the clock, we punt, they have the ball about 40 yards away. It's clock management 101. Instead, they have the ball in the red zone and get an easy 7.

Blame Trent if you want for making the throw, he never should have been in the position to throw the ball anyways. I blame the coaches who seem to be in the tard hatch each week.

acehole
10-25-2007, 06:36 PM
I hated the call to throw a pass...I have stated that fairchild is an ass. However just because a pass was called in the wrong situation does not mean the INT wasnt the faut of the Man who threw it. There is a difference between both ideas...and one does not cancel out the other. If he didnt stare the reciever down like a stripper he may have gotten a completion ....and if the DB was in position to make a play he should have thrown it away...that is what good QB's do... Besides we are not aloud to use playcalling or coaching or quality of WR's or anything when judging and assessing a QB. It was the lossman haters who made those rules.....call a spade a spade and get over the fact TE made a bad decision there. You can disagree by making your case not taking down (Syndrome) to me.

Ok Hercules, let's break it down, down syndrome style...

You ever head of Murphy's Law? If something can go wrong, it wil. And this type of thing happens all the time, especially in football. When it's time to run the ball, you run the ball, when it's time to pass the ball, you pass the ball. When you start to get cute with the playcalling, bad things happen, just like the INT Trent threw. Regardless of whether or not he should have thrown the ball to Evans or not is a moot point, Lynch should have had the ball running into the O-line. BAM, more time off the clock, we punt, they have the ball about 40 yards away. It's clock management 101. Instead, they have the ball in the red zone and get an easy 7.

Blame Trent if you want for making the throw, he never should have been in the position to throw the ball anyways. I blame the coaches who seem to be in the tard hatch each week.