PDA

View Full Version : Let's be honest about Toronto American Football Fans!

blackonyx89
10-23-2007, 08:15 AM
Would you watch an NFL game with a Canadian team against an American team? I wouldn't. I'm sorry,but a Canadian team would cheapen the NFL.

Canada's a hockey country, not NFL football country. The only people that will watch them regularly are Canadians. There,I said it! I rather see the Bills go to an American city and I'll support them,but never if they move to Canada!

Gunzlingr
10-23-2007, 08:19 AM
How would it cheapen the game?

NBA, NHL, MLB all have canadian teams.

Mahdi
10-23-2007, 08:21 AM
Would you watch an NFL game with a Canadian team against an American team? I wouldn't. I'm sorry,but a Canadian team would cheapen the NFL.

Canada's a hockey country, not NFL football country. The only people that will watch them regularly are Canadians. There,I said it! I rather see the Bills go to an American city and I'll support them,but never if they move to Canada!
Whats the difference? Not that I would want to see the Bills move out of Buffalo and into Canada and Im Canadian, but at least Buffalo fans would just have to cross the boarder to watch them. How would having the Bills in LA be better than having them in Toronto? Im pretty sure the MLB has Canadian teams, and Hockey is a Canadian sport yet having American teams works there as well. As long as theres a market for it Canadian or American doesnt make a difference. If they have to move at some point Toronto would be better than anywhere else. At least the fan base is near by not to mention the fan base that already exists in Canada.

blackonyx89
10-23-2007, 08:24 AM
It would look stupid. Yeah,the other leagues have Canadian teams but can you imagine the Toronto Dragons (or whatever name they pick) against the Miami Dolphins? Yuck! I guess I'm trying to give an excuse for the Bills not to move. Like I said before, only Canadians would support them. Why would I support a Canadian NFL team if the Bills move? No way!!!

:sorry:

OpIv37
10-23-2007, 08:34 AM
There is only one reason for the decision to move or the decision to stay: Money.

Rivalries, loyalty, team names- none of that matters.

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2007, 08:38 AM
Nail on the head Op.

No one cares about anything but the bottom line.

MikeInRoch
10-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Which is why, unfortunately, the Bills fate is already determined. How much does the value of the franchise go up immediately the second they move to a larger market? Will the new owner(s) be able to ignore that?

blackonyx89
10-23-2007, 08:47 AM
Which is why, unfortunately, the Bills fate is already determined. How much does the value of the franchise go up immediately the second they move to a larger market? Will the new owner(s) be able to ignore that?

Let's say an American buys the team from Buffalo how would that affect Toronto as far as future games past 2012? Hmmm......

MikeInRoch
10-23-2007, 09:08 AM
Heh, this is good point. Lets say that the Bills lock into a game in Toronto every year through 2012. Ralph kicks and they get sold. Can the new owner then not move the team until after 2012?

TacklingDummy
10-23-2007, 09:22 AM
The only way I would watch is if it was the Buffalo Bills vs Toronto Whoever's.

eyedog
10-23-2007, 09:24 AM
The only shot they have of keeping the team in Buffalo is local ownership.
ie: Golisano and a group of local businessman.
If not the new owner will have this team in Toronto or LA before the ink dries on the contract.

Stewie
10-23-2007, 09:39 AM

unfortunately probably around four hundred million dollars... maybe more if they can get to LA.

Forward_Lateral
10-23-2007, 10:38 AM

This is the stupidest post I've ever read. Way to pigeon hole an entire country based on typical American attitude.

BlackMetalNinja
10-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Yeah... I guess I must look like a real dumbass supporting the Sabres, in Buffalo, which is in the US... considering Canada is a hockey country and we're not. What the hell was I thinking?