X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Something to Take Note of Regarding the QB Situation

Edwards hasn't done much well but one thing he has excelled at (in comparison to Losman) is controlling the clock. Is it any coincidence that our defense has been playing better over the past three weeks with him as our starter? Less 3 and outs leads to more time for the defense to rest, more time for the defense to rest leads to better play by the defense, better play by the defense leads to six turn overs and 14 points against teams like Dallas.

He who controls the clock controls the game......
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Something to Take Note of Regarding the QB Situation

Excellent points.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
      Edwards hasn't done much well but one thing he has excelled at (in comparison to Losman) is controlling the clock. Is it any coincidence that our defense has been playing better over the past three weeks with him as our starter? Less 3 and outs leads to more time for the defense to rest, more time for the defense to rest leads to better play by the defense, better play by the defense leads to six turn overs and 14 points against teams like Dallas.

He who controls the clock controls the game......
      The D is the one carrying the O. They're are the ones giving the ball back to the O. They've created TO's and made O's go 3 and out yet the O has only managed so many TDs.

The O has managed the clock but lets not forget, their main job is to score TD's not just fg's.

As a matter of fact, the O is the one who blew one game and almost costs us another. They are the ones who's been screwing up what the D has done the last 3 games. There's a reversal of job description.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        The D is the one carrying the O. They're are the ones giving the ball back to the O. They've created TO's and made O's go 3 and out yet the O has only managed so many TDs.

The O has managed the clock but lets not forget, their main job is to score TD's not just fg's.

As a matter of fact, the O is the one who blew one game and almost costs us another. They are the ones who's been screwing up what the D has done the last 3 games. There's a reversal of job description.
        I think the O and D have a symbiotic relationship. If O doesnt control the clock like they have been maybe they dont stop the Jets last drive, or maybe they dont stop baltimore. Being fresh in the the 4th quarter is huge for a defense.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Do take note that I said "Edwards hasn't done much right." The guy still sucks ass in my eyes but I'll give credit where credit is due. We have controlled the clock much better with him under Center, we have won two games with him under Center, one against a hell of a team.

It's like the whole Vince Young thing in Tenn...... Young blows as an NFL QB but the team keeps winning with him under Center, so why pull the guy. Now if Edwards keeps having these brain farts and continues to show that he's unable to score a freaking TD then we'll have some problems. But for now, he's out QB and I'm fine with it.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
            I think the O and D have a symbiotic relationship. If O doesnt control the clock like they have been maybe they dont stop the Jets last drive, or maybe they dont stop baltimore. Being fresh in the the 4th quarter is huge for a defense.
            I agree but the way it's going the D gives the O the ball and all the O has to do is not lose the game. Control the ball but don't screw it up. Well they screwed it up against the cowboys and almost screwed it up against the ravens.
            sacrifice1

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

I agree but the way it's going the D gives the O the ball and all the O has to do is not lose the game. Control the ball but don't screw it up. Well they screwed it up against the cowboys and almost screwed it up against the ravens.
              Almost matters about as much as QB ratings, NOT AT ALL.... The Cowboys game I'll give you and I agree with you, don't believe me, go read my stuff in the Smack Forum

But even you must admit that thus far the team looks a bit better with Edwards under Center than it does with Losman under Center. I know it's a hard thing to admit (took me a while) but it's the truth.

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

They also haven't been playing top tier defenses with Edwards. Just like the next 3 games are cream puffs.

D & S Sports

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                  They also haven't been playing top tier defenses with Edwards. Just like the next 3 games are cream puffs.
                  Dallas and Baltimore are no laughing matter, and also, who gives a **** who the defense is? Our offense is worse than any defense in the NFL by a long shot. Any ray of light is better than what we've been dealing with.

Also, Losman has had his down games against bad D's. I know you like Losman (so do I) but you must remove the blinders, if even for a minute and see that we're playing better football as a team with him under Center.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                    Do take note that I said "Edwards hasn't done much right." The guy still sucks ass in my eyes but I'll give credit where credit is due. We have controlled the clock much better with him under Center, we have won two games with him under Center, one against a hell of a team.

Is it Trent who's controling the clock or is it the coaches calling for Dinks and Dunks that control the clock? So many questions especially when your best wr is talking.

This is why I want JP in there so these questions will be answered.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Is it Trent who's controling the clock or is it the coaches calling for Dinks and Dunks that control the clock? So many questions especially when your best wr is talking.

This is why I want JP in there so these questions will be answered.
                      The dinks and dunks are there no matter who the QB is, the issue is whether or not the QB is willing to look for the dinks and dunks when nothing else is there. If Losman could incorporate the dink and dunk into his game he'd be a hell of a QB, but unfortunately it's something he either refuses to do or can't figure out.

Also, Evans isn't our best WR, he's our best player.

Comment

• RockStar36
                        • Sep 2004

I don't care who plays as long as they win. My point is, I'm not impressed at all with the offense. If the same thing happened with JP in, all the people would be *****ing about how JP can't throw for any yards, TD's , and the field goal drives are pathetic. In fact, I brought up how in JP's first start he led x amount of scoring drives, even if they were field goals and it was brought up that he sucks because the defense forced all those turnovers and he didn't turn it into touchdowns.

D & S Sports

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                          I don't care who plays as long as they win. My point is, I'm not impressed at all with the offense. If the same thing happened with JP in, all the people would be *****ing about how JP can't throw for any yards, TD's , and the field goal drives are pathetic. In fact, I brought up how in JP's first start he led x amount of scoring drives, even if they were field goals and it was brought up that he sucks because the defense forced all those turnovers and he didn't turn it into touchdowns.
                          Point well taken, I too don't care as long as we're winning, at this point, I personally feel that Edwards gives us a slight advantage, not by much but every little bit helps.

Edwards is going to get the automatic "get out of jail free" card simply because he's a rookie, so we might as well get used to that.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Holy ****! This might be a record, we've gone 13 posts in a QB thread and not one personal attack, WTF is happening to these boards

Comment

• RockStar36
                              • Sep 2004

What slight advantage? Honestly, I haven't been overly impressed with the offense the past two games. If anything I feel that the offense has either lost the game or tried it's best to lose the game.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X