PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Kelsay?

mybills
10-23-2007, 11:37 AM
How bad was his injury?

OpIv37
10-23-2007, 11:39 AM
The word on Kelsay is that he's overpaid and doesn't get consistent pressure.

Oh, wait, you meant the injury.

gr8slayer
10-23-2007, 11:40 AM

:shakeno:

Mahdi
10-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Sprained ankle.... they'll know more today or wednesday.

Mudflap1
10-23-2007, 01:08 PM

Actually, the truth is that Kelsay has been better than Schobel this year.

Jon

OpIv37
10-23-2007, 01:16 PM

Jon

yeah it's sad how much money we have tied up in a very unproductive position.

billsburgh
10-23-2007, 01:25 PM
yeah it's sad how much money we have tied up in a very unproductive position.
I wouldn't totally blame the players. It seems that on some plays the ends are not even rushing the qb on passing plays. They just stand there not trying to get to the qb. This has to be by design. Why else would it appear that they are not even trying? I pointed this out about Kelsay earlier this year and I noticed it with Shobel this past week. It makes no sense to me.

Mahdi
10-23-2007, 01:29 PM

Jon
I dont agree there. Schobel has been causing turnovers, getting pressures and making some nice plays in coverage, and all despite being double teamed a lot. Kelsay needs to pick up his game.

justasportsfan
10-23-2007, 01:31 PM
I wouldn't totally blame the players. It seems that on some plays the ends are not even rushing the qb on passing plays. They just stand there not trying to get to the qb. This has to be by design. Why else would it appear that they are not even trying? I pointed this out about Kelsay earlier this year and I noticed it with Shobel this past week. It makes no sense to me.
this is what I thought too at times. It's almost like the DE are making sure the QB are simply contained in the pocket and it's up to the DT and lb to get to the qb up the middle. When and if the pressure is up the middle the qb is forced to run out where either Schobel or Kelsay are waiting .

Maybe they are made to do just that until Hargrove and Denney are ready to rotate? :idunno: