PDA

View Full Version : I have to realign my thoughts on Tom Brady.

RedEyE
10-23-2007, 02:35 PM
For the longest time I believed that Brady was lucky in a sense. I really never gave him any respect nor did I believe that he was a Hall of Fame caliber QB that the media seem to ALWAYS give him credit for. After the show he put on last weekend, I have to come to grips with reality and acknowledge his abilities (as difficult as that may be).

Prior to this season, Tom Brady has always nickle and dimed defenses to death. The receivers he had before '07 were far from top notch yet he always seem to have made the best with what he had and worked the team to his best ability. "He's fuctional", I've always thought, "and he gets all the right calls from the officials." A guy can only be lucky for so long.

I clearly do not see it that way anymore, and it's odd how this has finally come to light for me.

1) The cheating thing this season: I was almost certain that Brady was getting defensive calls piped into him after hearing about the cheating allegations Billichick endured early this season. I expected Brady and the Patriots to tank, bottom out, and eat dust becoming the laughing stock of the league when the reports were released. Yet the team has been under specific scrutiny and Brady and the Patriots just keep getting better as the season progresses. Unless they continue to cheat and are getting away with it, I just don't understand how this could be...unless..unless, this cat can actually play football. (click)

2) The lack of good wide receivers always made me feel that he was just a good fit into a good scheme. That he never really had what it takes to manage a great team and that he was a well played puppet in Belichick's show. Inject any ol' effecient QB into Bellichick's scheme, and the team is still off to the races. Well, now that he has extremely good receivers surrounding him, he's not choking on that either. Brady gets the ball to these guys and does it well. He is exceeding my expectations and dominating defenses left and right.

I hate to say it, but I've run out of excuses at this point.

I can only choke back resentment for so long. My hatered for this guy going forward is due to pure and honest jealousy. He's finally earned my respect (the hard way) much the way Marino did all those years long ago.

His ability to side step a rush and get the ball downfield is probably the best in the business. His arm isn't one of the strongest but his accuracy is proabably the best I've seen in my lifetime.Since this kid was injected into the league he's done nothing but great things and it's really hard to deny that. What's worse, he's only in his 8th year in this league. The guy hardly ever hits the turf. At this rate he could surpass Favre's longevity in the league 2 fold.

In 8 years, this 7th round pick has already thrown for 2,065 completions, almost 24,000 yards, 174 TDs, and only 80 INTs. He's on a pace this regular season to throw for nearly 4500 yards, 60 TDs and only 4 INTs. Say what you want about this guy but those numbers are absolutely sick.

To put things into perspective:

Jim Kelly in 11 years: 2,874 completitons, 35,467 yards, 237 TDs and 175 INTs.

Considering the young guys that the Bills have dealt with through these painful seasons (post Jimbo) only adds fuel the fire. He has "IT"...whatever "IT" may be, Brady has "IT".

Now excuse me as I go throw up and rigoursly wash my mouth out with soap.

Philagape
10-23-2007, 02:39 PM
As much as I hate Brady, I respect honesty more. :bf1:

Mr. Pink
10-23-2007, 02:42 PM
I dislike Brady because he's a Patriot, but I respect him because he is without a doubt the best QB in the game today. Doesn't matter what his supporting cast looks like, he still gets the job done and puts up big numbers while doing it.

He faced adversity early in his career, Michigan and the NE and he has risen to the top. It takes a special player to accomplish what he has in his short NFL career and he actually seems to be getting better as he goes.

As Bills fans all we can hope for is he hits the proverbial wall quickly or grows bored with the game.

Tatonka
10-23-2007, 02:44 PM
and brady is going to win every douchebag that got lucky and drafted him in the 2nd or 3rd round a championship in fantasy football..

he is satan.

RedEyE
10-23-2007, 02:45 PM
and brady is going to win every douchebag that got lucky and drafted him in the 2nd or 3rd round a championship in fantasy football..

he is satan.

:rofl:

I've often thought that he sold his soul.

Bill Brasky
10-23-2007, 02:53 PM
For the longest time I believed that Brady was lucky in a sense.
Yeah, he's good, but he's one of the luckiest QB's I've seen play over the years.

He might be tearing it up this year, but it's not like he's to praise. A lot of his passes are 3 - 5 yard slants where the WR's bolt down the rest of the field.

Look at his 2 td passes to Moss last week. He threw 2 passes up in the air. It wasn't like he threw a deadly accurate pass. Moss made the TD's happen with his leaping and one-handed catching ability. Hell, one of them he sat in the pocket for a light year before he got rid of it. He was playing the DOLPHINS. Who doesn't look good against them?

I'd be an idiot to say he isn't one of the best - if not the best - QB in the league, but this garbage about him being the best all time needs to be put to rest.

He's on a team with a cheater for a coach, a brick wall for an OL, and 2 of his WR's can be considered elite. It's not like he has to try.

LtBillsFan66
10-23-2007, 02:57 PM
I think greatness begets greatness. Was Brady helped by a great coach and players around him, yes. But those same coaches and players were helped by Brady. It's like a snowball effect.

Bill Brasky
10-23-2007, 02:57 PM
bf1 gets it.

HAMMER
10-23-2007, 03:14 PM
He's going to finish his career being considered the best ever, period.

Ickybaluky
10-23-2007, 03:23 PM
I've often thought that he sold his soul.

Consider the evidence:

- Acquisition of Moss for a 4th rounder.
- Acquisition of Stallworth, Welker, etc.
- Acquisition of incredibly hot woman as girlfriend.
- Unreal protection from the offensive line.
- Perfect passer rating against the Phins.
- On track to break every QB passing record in existence this year.
- Possibly the most prolific offense in history.

...and, coincidently:

- Recent birth of first born son.

Hmmm...

Mitchy moo
10-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Is this the right thread for this?? I hope Brady burns with the rest of the Pats.

Ingtar33
10-23-2007, 03:28 PM

he is satan.

funny. i drafted him in the 2nd round this year in my ff league.

of course i picked first in the draft, and got LT too.

grabbed wes welker at the end of the draft too... took Dallas Clark in the 7th round...

damn i've got a good team this year.

Ingtar33
10-23-2007, 03:30 PM
btw: after his second superbowl win, i remember making a post very similar to this. It was my fear then that he would torment the AFC East for the next 10 years like montana tormented the NFC West for a decade.

Sadly, we're 7 years in and there is no end in sight.

DraftBoy
10-23-2007, 03:52 PM
btw: after his second superbowl win, i remember making a post very similar to this. It was my fear then that he would torment the AFC East for the next 10 years like montana tormented the NFC West for a decade.

Sadly, we're 7 years in and there is no end in sight.

And he's having his best year yet....:sadwalk:

The last buffalo fan
10-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Consider the evidence:

- Acquisition of Moss for a 4th rounder.
- Acquisition of Stallworth, Welker, etc.
- Acquisition of incredibly hot woman as girlfriend.
- Unreal protection from the offensive line.
- Perfect passer rating against the Phins.
- On track to break every QB passing record in existence this year.
- Possibly the most prolific offense in history.

...and, coincidently:

- Recent birth of first born son.

Hmmm...

Oh, and please do not forget the anal surgery he had, to correct that "big" problem.

The last buffalo fan
10-23-2007, 04:30 PM
bf1 gets it.

:bf1: We found our QB of the future. Now lets get that ring!!!!

Night Train
10-23-2007, 04:47 PM
If someone doesn't vote for him for MVP, they should have their voting rights taken away.

Owen DeBoard
10-23-2007, 07:21 PM
I dislike Brady because he's a Patriot, but I respect him because he is without a doubt the best QB in the game today. Doesn't matter what his supporting cast looks like, he still gets the job done and puts up big numbers while doing it.

He faced adversity early in his career, Michigan and the NE and he has risen to the top. It takes a special player to accomplish what he has in his short NFL career and he actually seems to be getting better as he goes.

As Bills fans all we can hope for is he hits the proverbial wall quickly or grows bored with the game.
I have to disagree with you on this. Peyton Manning is the best quarterback in the nfl. He is much more accurate than Brady. He dont have to rely on the short passes and for the wide receiver to make a play. Peyton can throw any pass whether it is short medium or long and put it right where it needs to be.

Owen DeBoard
10-23-2007, 07:22 PM

I have to disagree with you on this. Peyton Manning is the best quarterback in the nfl. He is much more accurate than Brady. He dont have to rely on the short passes and for the wide receiver to make a play. Peyton can throw any pass whether it is short medium or long and put it right where it needs to be.

Owen DeBoard
10-23-2007, 07:27 PM

Whaler53
10-23-2007, 09:50 PM
For the longest time I believed that Brady was lucky in a sense. I really never gave him any respect nor did I believe that he was a Hall of Fame caliber QB that the media seem to ALWAYS give him credit for. After the show he put on last weekend, I have to come to grips with reality and acknowledge his abilities (as difficult as that may be).

Prior to this season, Tom Brady has always nickle and dimed defenses to death. The receivers he had before '07 were far from top notch yet he always seem to have made the best with what he had and worked the team to his best ability. "He's fuctional", I've always thought, "and he gets all the right calls from the officials." A guy can only be lucky for so long.

I clearly do not see it that way anymore, and it's odd how this has finally come to light for me.

1) The cheating thing this season: I was almost certain that Brady was getting defensive calls piped into him after hearing about the cheating allegations Billichick endured early this season. I expected Brady and the Patriots to tank, bottom out, and eat dust becoming the laughing stock of the league when the reports were released. Yet the team has been under specific scrutiny and Brady and the Patriots just keep getting better as the season progresses. Unless they continue to cheat and are getting away with it, I just don't understand how this could be...unless..unless, this cat can actually play football. (click)

2) The lack of good wide receivers always made me feel that he was just a good fit into a good scheme. That he never really had what it takes to manage a great team and that he was a well played puppet in Belichick's show. Inject any ol' effecient QB into Bellichick's scheme, and the team is still off to the races. Well, now that he has extremely good receivers surrounding him, he's not choking on that either. Brady gets the ball to these guys and does it well. He is exceeding my expectations and dominating defenses left and right.

I hate to say it, but I've run out of excuses at this point.

I can only choke back resentment for so long. My hatered for this guy going forward is due to pure and honest jealousy. He's finally earned my respect (the hard way) much the way Marino did all those years long ago.

His ability to side step a rush and get the ball downfield is probably the best in the business. His arm isn't one of the strongest but his accuracy is proabably the best I've seen in my lifetime.Since this kid was injected into the league he's done nothing but great things and it's really hard to deny that. What's worse, he's only in his 8th year in this league. The guy hardly ever hits the turf. At this rate he could surpass Favre's longevity in the league 2 fold.

In 8 years, this 7th round pick has already thrown for 2,065 completions, almost 24,000 yards, 174 TDs, and only 80 INTs. He's on a pace this regular season to throw for nearly 4500 yards, 60 TDs and only 4 INTs. Say what you want about this guy but those numbers are absolutely sick.

To put things into perspective:

Jim Kelly in 11 years: 2,874 completitons, 35,467 yards, 237 TDs and 175 INTs.

Considering the young guys that the Bills have dealt with through these painful seasons (post Jimbo) only adds fuel the fire. He has "IT"...whatever "IT" may be, Brady has "IT".

Now excuse me as I go throw up and rigoursly wash my mouth out with soap.

Excellent post.

And not to get ff topic, but I think TE has alot of potential to get this team rolling. You guys will be fine, and eventually it will be the Pats and the Bills fighting it out for the AFCE...