PDA

View Full Version : Guys JP is DONE Get over it.

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Lets get behind Edwards. I supported JP as much as anyone but he is clearly done here. Why argue about it any longer?

LtBillsFan66
10-23-2007, 02:48 PM
:bf1:

Mr. Pink

gr8slayer
Because Edwards hasn't done anything that says he's that much better.

kinigirly
because he's pretty. if he's on the sidelines its harder for me to stare at him.

LtBillsFan66
10-23-2007, 02:49 PM

What Edwards has done is show promise in just 3 games. 3 games! He can only get better. As of now, yeah it's a push. But JP had 3 years. To me, there is no question at all.

The Answer
10-23-2007, 02:50 PM

First of all his record is 2 - 1.

Second, why do you have an Edwards avatar if you are a losman licker?

~The Answer

gr8slayer
10-23-2007, 02:51 PM

~The Answer
No, he played well over 90% of the snaps against NE, he's 2-2.......

And he's in my avatar because I back him 100% while he's our starter.
edited: no personal attacks.

gr8slayer
10-23-2007, 02:51 PM
What Edwards has done is show promise in just 3 games. 3 games! He can only get better. As of now, yeah it's a push. But JP had 3 years. To me, there is no question at all.
Agreed.

The Answer
10-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Lets get behind Edwards. I supported JP as much as anyone but he is clearly done here. Why argue about it any longer?

Because some people are so accustomed to losing week after week and year after year they are having a hard time facing the reality of this football team right now - A young team loaded with talent on both sides of the ball that finally has a leader with tons of upside and talent at the most important position of the team.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
10-23-2007, 02:52 PM
because I've learned my lesson when we got rid of Henry over Willis and Flutie over Rob. I wanna make sure we don't repeat the same mistakes. If it turns out that way again. I'll turn into a wys .

camelcowboy
10-23-2007, 02:53 PM

Mr. Miyagi
10-23-2007, 02:53 PM
My severe man-crush on JP does not allow me to fully support Edwards.

acehole
10-23-2007, 02:54 PM

I aint hear no fat lady....

Mr. Miyagi
because I've learned my lesson when we got rid of Henry over Willis and Flutie over Rob. I wanna make sure we don't repeat the same mistakes. If it turns out that way again. I'll turn into a wys .
You HAD to bring up the RJ/Flutie thing didn't you? :mad:

The Answer
No, he played well over 90% of the snaps against NE, he's 2-2.......

Are you an Edwards fan or not?

And since Losman started against NE he's credited with the loss, don't forget he turned the ball over in typical Loseman fashion on the first drive of that game too - also glad to see your all over Edwards for not playing well against what might be the greatest team in NFL history in his pro debut - so actually nevermind you already answered the question.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
10-23-2007, 02:56 PM
You HAD to bring up the RJ/Flutie thing didn't you? :mad:

My bad, what team got rid of Farve too soon? Not saying JP is Farve by a long shot, but Trent isn't Kelly either.

shelby
10-23-2007, 02:56 PM

i am a Bills fan.

gr8slayer
10-23-2007, 02:57 PM

And since Losman started against NE he's credited with the loss, don't forget he turned the ball over in typical Loseman fashion on the first drive of that game too - also glad to see your all over Edwards for not playing well against what might be the greatest team in NFL history in his pro debut - so actually nevermind you already answered the question.

~The Answer
I don't have to play your immature love fest games. I want the guy who wins and as long as we're winning with Edwards I'm fine with him starting. When he sucks, I'm going to point it out, when he does well, I'm going to point it out.

The only "TrentTard" out there with any common sense is SAB, at least he points out the flaws as well as the accomplishments.

BTW, your opinion has no weight in my opinion so you might as well just silence yourself because everything you say falls on deaf ears from here on in.

justasportsfan
i am a Bills fan.
same here.

scott51
Granted the Bills lost to NE but didn't Trent Edwards come out and basically drive the field for a TD? That is an accomplishment in of itself, not to mention against the NE defense!

Bill Brasky
10-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Lets get behind Edwards.

Thurm I didn't know you swang like that! :limp:

Historian
10-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Trent isn't Kelly either.

I agree.

He reminds me more of Montana.

gr8slayer
10-23-2007, 03:02 PM
I agree.

:roflmao:

Tatonka
10-23-2007, 03:03 PM
im a fan of the qb that is starting that week.. the head coach wont sack up and pick a permenant starter.. so there is no sense in trying to say one or the other is the guy.

SquishDaFish
Im so SICK and TIRED of these damn QB threads. Lets support whomever they put back there down to the damn waterboy DAMMIT! ROOT FOR THE BUFFALO BILLS <---Thats a team you know not an individual.

justasportsfan
I agree.

Just like Jp reminded some people of Farve?

scott51
10-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Just like Jp reminded some people of Farve?

Who in the world would use JP and Favre in the same sentence? (oops I just did huh, my bad)

HAMMER
10-23-2007, 03:08 PM
im a fan of the qb that is starting that week.. the head coach wont sack up and pick a permenant starter.. so there is no sense in trying to say one or the other is the guy.

It is clear Edwards is their guy. But we are only one cheap shot away from rooting for JP again.

JD
10-23-2007, 03:08 PM
What a cop out for the lickers to go from being a JP backer, to a Bills backer. We are all ****ing bills fans, you just cant say anything positive about Edwards. It is pathetic.

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2007, 03:10 PM
It is clear Edwards is their guy. But we are only one cheap shot away from rooting for JP again.
Agreed and if he gets back in I will root for him just as much!

SquishDaFish
10-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Say all the positive you want for any player thats great. Root for the TEAM and whomever they start. Ive been saying that all along. There is no lickers so stop with that ****. We are NONHATERS (except fat ass Tim Anderson)

Mr. Pink
10-23-2007, 03:12 PM
I dunno if Edwards gets hurt, I'd root for the Bills to go sign Aaron Brooks or the like off the scrap heap faster than wanting to see JP back on the field.

I guess I'm jaded against the guy. At least I can admit it. I've seen way more than enough out of that ass clown.

Tatonka
10-23-2007, 03:17 PM

if it was clear, then the coach would say it was clear.. up to this point.. he has said it is a week to week decision.

trent has thrown 4 picks, 2 in really crucial times, and only 1 td.. so i dont think it is clear at all.

if he finishes the year with 4 tds and 16 picks are you going to say it is clear? because that is what he is on pace for.

Romes
10-23-2007, 03:19 PM

I agree with this. :up:

The Answer
10-23-2007, 03:21 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AiJEOUR6S30nzARjWa0Cg0VDubYF?slug=ys-rankings102307&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Robinson: They might be 2-4, but with the injuries they're dealing with, the Bills coaching staff is doing a hell of a job. And while we're on the subject of the Bills, someone can tell J.P. Losman (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6781/;_ylt=Aitf4mTPW2o4rsRxS6h.4dAZc9AF) to start packing his bags.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
10-23-2007, 03:22 PM
if he finishes the year with 4 tds and 16 picks are you going to say it is clear? because that is what he is on pace for.
we will need to send Wade an apology letter for handling the qb situation better than Dick. We will then need to send Marv to the HOME. No one will renew their season tickets and the bills will be one their way to Toronto.

SquishDaFish
10-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Answer stop with your bull****. We all know already you dont like a Buffalo Bill. Not get over your 3rd person self and MOVE ON. Root for the BUFFALO BILLS!!

Tatonka
10-23-2007, 03:30 PM
what i cant understand is how some people are so excited about edwards..

i am pretty sure that any back up in the league could have thrown for 1 td against the jets after 4 full games..

i mean i get it that jp is most like done.. if i was him, i would want to get the hell out to be honest... but to get all giddy over a rookie that is on pace for a FOUR TD YEAR just seems ****ing ******ed... no offense to ******ed people, The Answer.

Mr. Pink
10-23-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm just giddy and excited over the fact he's 2-1 as a starter.

And was within seconds of being 3-0 as a starter.

Even with lackluster performances on the field, we have still been in position to win the games he's started. Under Losman lackluster starts lead to L's. It seems to be the opposite with Edwards. So I can't wait til he puts up a good start against someone and we win convincingly.

SquishDaFish
10-23-2007, 03:38 PM
The Bills are 2-1 with him as the starter not the other way around

Tatonka
10-23-2007, 03:40 PM
oh.. so the defense and special teams have done nothing to win those games? i could have sworn it was the defense that saved the offenses ass this week... the jets blow.. bottom line.. and trent gave the game away against the cowboys.

if you think that wins are going to continue to roll in if our qb throws 4 ints to ever 1 td.. then i think your going to be disappointed.

if you think that wins are going to continue to roll in if our qb keeps throwing picks at critical times in the game every week, your going to be disappointed.

i guess at this point, i just dont see a whole lot of anything from the qb position to get excited about..

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Tatonka could you agree that Edwards does show great poise and leadership out there? Also that he manages the game well progressing through his reads without panic? He also has a quick release and seems to have a fairly strong arm.

Mr. Pink
10-23-2007, 03:45 PM
oh.. so the defense and special teams have done nothing to win those games?

if you think that wins are going to continue to roll in if our qb throws 4 ints to ever 1 td.. then i think your going to be disappointed.

if you think that wins are going to continue to roll in if our qb keeps throwing picks at critical times in the game every week, your going to be disappointed.

i guess at this point, i just dont see a whole lot of anything from the qb position to get excited about..

The defense has looked better because we've held the ball longer with Edwards at the helm. They're on the field less so there's less likelihood of them getting torched.

I'm more disppointed in the JP 3 and out Era than the dink n dunk, as some people call it, Edwards era. At least we move the ball effeciently and chew up some TOP. When we get better weapons in the red zone, we'll put up TDs instead of FGs.

Unfortunately that may not come this year. It will take someone to step up in the red zone this year to accomplish it. Hopefully in the off-season we pick up a big WR or a pass catching TE.

While his numbers certainly aren't impressive and I don't think anyone will dispute they are. He does have posie and a much quicker release than Losman. The most impressive part of Edwards is he actually can move the chains on a somewhat consistent basis, even if it's dumping off to Gaines.

Voltron
10-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Trent seems to manage the offense much better than JP ever has. He has a quick release and he seems to actually understand what "reading a defense" means! He can actually feel the pressure in the pocket and will still step into his throws even when he only has enough room for 1 step. He also is smart enough to THROW THE BALL AWAY when under pressure with no open receivers. He sure doesn't have the arm or legs that JP has though. The sad thing is I really like JP as a person, but this isn't a popularity contest :idunno:

Tatonka
10-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Tatonka could you agree that Edwards does show great poise and leadership out there? Also that he manages the game well progressing through his reads without panic? He also has a quick release and seems to have a fairly strong arm.

oh, absolutely.. he LOOKS like a good qb.. but i am not impressed at all with his 2 deep passes.. and i am not impressed that he cant score..

all he had to do was get more than 3 points against the cowboys to win.. he didnt... he seemed like he was doing something all night.. and looked "poised".. but the result was 3 points. his pick cost us the field goal that wins that game.

the jets.. it was a great read/throw 2 yards away to get the td to gaines.. but he did nothing the rest of the game... except look poised and throw a pick.

the ravens.. again.. looks poised.. makes some good decisions.. moved teh offense to the redzone then it died.. made the 50 yard completed pass to evans that was the only td drive.. the drive was similar to jp's td drives.. all on one big play, which was an underthrown ball that lee had to slow down for and bobbled.

he then promptly tried to give the game away with the awful INT that jauron himself said in the press conference "we told him exactly what the coverage would be.. " and he threw it anway.

again.. he does look "poised".. he doesnt seem to get the deer in headlights look.. but he also doesnt throw tds.. doesnt lead the team to many points.. and makes critical mistakes that the D has to save us from.. and i dont think our d is good enough to save us from many teams like they did this week.

Voltron
10-23-2007, 03:54 PM
oh, absolutely.. he LOOKS like a good qb.. but i am not impressed at all with his 2 deep passes.. and i am not impressed that he cant score..

all he had to do was get more than 3 points against the cowboys to win.. he didnt... he seemed like he was doing something all night.. and looked "poised".. but the result was 3 points. his pick cost us the field goal that wins that game.

the jets.. it was a great read/throw 2 yards away to get the td to gaines.. but he did nothing the rest of the game... except look poised and throw a pick.

the ravens.. again.. looks poised.. makes some good decisions.. moved teh offense to the redzone then it died.. made the 50 yard completed pass to evans that was the only td drive.. the drive was similar to jp's td drives.. all on one big play, which was an underthrown ball that lee had to slow down for and bobbled.

he then promptly tried to give the game away with the awful INT that jauron himself said in the press conference "we told him exactly what the coverage would be.. " and he threw it anway.

again.. he does look "poised".. he doesnt seem to get the deer in headlights look.. but he also doesnt throw tds.. doesnt lead the team to many points.. and makes critical mistakes that the D has to save us from.. and i dont think our d is good enough to save us from many teams like they did this week.
What QB since Kelly has put much of any points on the board for us? Drew had that 1/2 a season where he was putting up points but that has been the rep of the Bills O for at least 5 years now. Great between the 20s but no Red Zone offense.

SSDD

Tatonka
10-23-2007, 03:58 PM
What QB since Kelly has put much of any points on the board for us? Drew had that 1/2 a season where he was putting up points but that has been the rep of the Bills O for at least 5 years now. Great between the 20s but no Red Zone offense.

SSDD

um.. thats my point..

i am NOT trying to debate if losman should be in there.. because it is pretty clear that they will gutlessly just keep saying "it is trent this week" until we lose a game and he plays even worse than his .25 tds, 1 int per game average and we get killed by the jets or something.

my point is that i am NOT overly excited about trent edwards just because "he looks poised". i would like to see him produce. apparently, many people feel that trent plays defense and special teams and that the level of the competition has nothing to do with winning and losing.. if we win, it is trent.. if we lose.. well, trent almost won it for us.

THATHURMANATOR
10-23-2007, 04:00 PM

He must improve no doubt but you asked what we saw in him.

Mr. Pink
10-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Controlling TOP and sustaining drives certainly helps the Defense.

The less our porous D is on the field, the better. When they're out there for 28 minutes as opposed to 35, there's less chance of them faltering.

Voltron
10-23-2007, 04:01 PM
um.. thats my point..

i am NOT trying to debate if losman should be in there.. because it is pretty clear that they will gutlessly just keep saying "it is trent this week" until we lose a game and he plays even worse than his .25 tds, 1 int per game average and we get killed by the jets or something.

my point is that i am NOT overly excited about trent edwards just because "he looks poised". i would like to see him produce. apparently, many people feel that trent plays defense and special teams and that the level of the competition has nothing to do with winning and losing.. if we win, it is trent.. if we lose.. well, trent almost won it for us.
Well I hate to say it but I have not been "overly excited" about the Buffalo Bills since DBs first season. :shakeno:

:;

SquishDaFish
Great points Tatonka

Yasgur's Farm
I'm a Bills fan always and that means I support the guys on the field.

I'm backing Trent this week... I've never, ever, ever said he sucked.

What Edwards fans fail to understand is... When there is a controversy, that doesn't make one of the player's God, and the other player crap.

We have 2 good young QB's. And, if the coaching staff and front office don't blow it, we'll either get a nice draft pick for 1 of them, or we'll be set at that position for quite some time.

SquishDaFish
10-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Awesome posting Draz

Yasgur's Farm
10-23-2007, 04:04 PM

again.. he does look "poised".. he doesnt seem to get the deer in headlights look.. but he also doesnt throw tds.. doesnt lead the team to many points.. and makes critical mistakes that the D has to save us from.. and i dont think our d is good enough to save us from many teams like they did this week.:cheers:

justasportsfan
10-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Tatonka could you agree that Edwards does show great poise and leadership out there? Also that he manages the game well progressing through his reads without panic? He also has a quick release and seems to have a fairly strong arm. I agree. He's exactly like Holcomb.

X-Era
10-23-2007, 04:23 PM

It is now COMPLETELY over I agree. This is a bold and strong move.

I was talking to a few people and the common thought was that Edwards was Holcomb Jr. Well, thats not true now that I think about it more. The truth is that he manages a game very well, and has a TON of room to grow. Theres no reason that he cant become all we need. Yes, he has things that must improve:

1) Reduce telegraphing his throws
2) Improve long ball accuracy
3) Reduce mental mistakes- like throwing into triple coverage on the 11 yard line (Dallas game)
4) Establish credibility with his team mates
5) Work towards become a strong leader both on and off the field

Theres no reason to think that Edwards cant be all we need. But he still needs lots of imporvement.

JP is done here. That is now certain. I stood firmly behind him through thick and thin, but if its now gonna be Edwards, time to stand in strong support for him.

acehole
10-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Wow I thought I was alone...They wont get it Tatonka...... I think we give up and let time smack thier faces with reality.

DynaPaul
10-23-2007, 05:45 PM

But... but... he's PRACTICALLY a rookie!

Oh, wait a second. He IS a rookie. What do you want from the guy? A Tom Brady performance in his first 3 games?

Yasgur's Farm
10-23-2007, 05:51 PM
But... but... he's PRACTICALLY a rookie!

Oh, wait a second. He IS a rookie. What do you want from the guy? A Tom Brady performance in his first 3 games?It's time for everyone to stop getting defensive about "their guy".

I understand completely what Totanka is saying... The NFL does not operate on a handicap scoring system... Trent doesn't get an extra 20 points for being a rookie. Many of us feel that JP is statistically a better QB.

I'm behind the one on the field regardless of my preferences.

SABURZFAN
10-23-2007, 06:05 PM

~The Answer

:laughter:

X-Era
10-23-2007, 06:14 PM
:laughter:
So much hate..... Right now, there are innocent beers living in the dirtyest, stinkyest places, forced to suffer through the cold, often surrounded by rotting food. How can you turn your head and look away from this attrocity?

Now isnt it a much more noble cause to find these helpless beers a proper home than to stab at an open and sore wound around these parts?

SABURZFAN
10-23-2007, 06:20 PM
So much hate..... Right now, there are innocent beers living in the dirtyest, stinkyest places, forced to suffer through the cold, often surrounded by rotting food. How can you turn your head and look away from this attrocity?

Now isnt it a much more noble cause to find these helpless beers a proper home than to stab at an open and sore wound around these parts?

when Lossman's gone,i'll send you some zb's for a name change. :up:

sdbillsfan2
10-23-2007, 06:30 PM
This week they give you Edwards, next season they pass out directions to Toronto. There is a certain irony between the Bills of late and the movie
"Major League" . Disappoint the fans, let attendance drop, put an inferior product on the field, and watch how fast they pick up and head north of the border. This might be a blessing for JP . His ticket to anywhere has to be a better situation then he's in now. I hope they trade him and he comes back to Haunt Ralph Wilson. On my ***** list Ralph sits at number 2 right behind NE. But for what he and the farce of a coaching staff are doing to Buffalo Bills Fans all over the country.. He sucks. Nothing against Edwards, but he didn't earn this spot.. he was handed it on a silver platter by Ralph and Marv.
In 47 years I've never said this, but Good-Bye Buffalo Bills! you lost a fan of 47 years. They look for character when they draft, but show very little when it comes to themselves. Early prediction, you'll be hearing the boo birds out after Edwards by the end of the season.

STAMPY
10-23-2007, 06:31 PM
I swear to god i think some of you want Edwards to lose or play bad meaning OUR TEAM WOULD LOSE sooooo you can just say I TOLD YOU SO and have JP in there. I really feel this way. It is mind boggling. The decision is made, Support and root hard for the QB. I rooted for JP when he was at the helm even tho i tho he struggled. The moment a new option got chance to play and never was benched I KNEW it was better option. BUFFALO FANS have an illness with player loyalty. It is about the team. **** PLAYER LOYALTIES. If they don't get job done... TOO BAD! We move on.

JP is a 4 year QB being outplayed by a 3rd rounder with 3 games of experience from ****ing Standford University. They let the kid do things they never let JP do. THERE MUST BE REASONS! Be a real team fan and support what is best for the success of team today and future!

Yasgur's Farm
10-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Preferring one does not mean the other sucks!

gr8slayer
10-23-2007, 07:10 PM
What a cop out for the lickers to go from being a JP backer, to a Bills backer. We are all ****ing bills fans, you just cant say anything positive about Edwards. It is pathetic.
Wow, this coming from someone who is only a Bills fan when Losman isn't starting. Pathetic....

djjimkelly
10-23-2007, 07:15 PM
well it is the bills so ill support him. and have different hopes not record wise for this team. of course i want him to win wanted him to win last 4 weeks. but i do think our qb situation has become more murky then ever.

i dont expect this to be end of edwards/losman saga and this offseason is gonna be weird. becuz i have a weird feeling now JP shipped and draftee/ vet coming in for 2008

shelby
10-23-2007, 07:27 PM
JP is a 4 year QB being outplayed by a 3rd rounder with 3 games of experience from ****ing Standford University.

Stanford.
:D

G. Host
10-23-2007, 07:55 PM

He still face New England again. Even though they are clearly the better team it does not prevent them from taking cheap shots just for practice - they are New Englanders after all.