X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    • Jun 2003

So the front office...

just benched one of the player's who was elected by the players to where the "C". Hmm...
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: So the front office...

Originally posted by jamze132
    just benched one of the player's who was elected by the players to where the "C". Hmm...
    I see where your headed and its a good point. What does it say? their opinions dont matter? Anyone can lose their jobs at any time? Even Captains? Do the players take exception to it?

Its a good point and will bear watching.

Comment

• MTBillsFan
      • May 2003

Being a captain isn't perminate... look at what the Sabres have done over the past couple of years.
      Send me some wings!

Comment

• G. Host
        Banned
        • Jul 2002

The C was partially based on him being started QB. I do not ever seeing them voting in inactive players.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Players are going to follow the guy who knows how to lead, not the one with the letter on his shirt.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jamze132
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
            Players are going to follow the guy who knows how to lead, not the one with the letter on his shirt.
            Agreed. Do we also agree that the players THOUGHT he was the one who was going to lead? if not, they wouldn't have voted him team captain.

This is one of the problems you run into with a multiple captain system and I don't like it. If someone "has" to wear a "C" on the right shoulder, it should be one person voted by the players and coaches, one person who is a natrual born leader on and off the field. The team representative.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

also, remember JP was voted Captain in the pre season. Just because the players thought he was worthy of being captain then doesn't mean they still agree after seeing him play.

I would hope the players are professional enough to understand that it's the coach's decision and it shouldnt' be based on who won a popularity contest in the off-season.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

is there a single starting QB in the league who isn't a C? i don't know the answer, but i'd be surprised if guys who were week 1 starters weren't voted to be captain.

Comment

• jamze132
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  also, remember JP was voted Captain in the pre season. Just because the players thought he was worthy of being captain then doesn't mean they still agree after seeing him play.

I would hope the players are professional enough to understand that it's the coach's decision and it shouldnt' be based on who won a popularity contest in the off-season.
                  I also agree, but two games before the Cheatriots took a dive at his knee isn't enough time for the players to lose enough respect for him.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

who the other co captain? Evans. The captain has spoken now the FO and billsfans all over agree that Evans should be traded because he is a lockerroom cancer. Right?
                    Last edited by justasportsfan; 10-24-2007, 04:31 PM.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jamze132
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      who the other co captain? Evans. The captain has spoken now the FO and billsfans all over agree that Evans should trade him because he is a lockerroom cancer. Right?
                      Can you reapet that? I'm not following...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37

so I take it Moulds was wrong. He was an idiot and mularkey wasn't? Sorry, when the coaches are wrong, I expect the captain to let the coaches know. I don't agree with going public but I don't agree that the captains should keep their mouth trapped.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

so I take it Moulds was wrong. He was an idiot and mularkey wasn't? Sorry, when the coaches are wrong, I expect the captain to let the coaches know. I don't agree with going public but I don't agree that the captains should keep their mouth trapped.
                          well in this case, the captain is the guy who lost out, so he doesn't exactly have an objective viewpoint on the situation.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

you're pretty much the captain of the titanic, aren't you. instead of trying to solve an anemic offense with some changes, you'd like to keep status quo and go down with the ship.

Jumping to these conclusions that evans should not be speaking publically as a reason to trade him is not what any one is saying. Yet you're three four steps ahead and trying to run him out of town because you're lovely JP's three year experiment is over.

Please stop with these whining unsubstantiated posts.

Comment

• jamze132
                              • Jun 2003

Regardless if you are where a "C", you can't really just walk into the coaches office and tell him he ****ed up without something negative happening to you. It would undermine the authority of the HC of a player was telling him how it's going to be. The guy wearing the "C" isn't in charge of ****. It's just a symbolic thing that sports have done for some time now.

Comment

Working...
                              X