• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

ESPN: Edwards named starting QB for rest of season

Not that most of us didn't already know this......

Two wins in three games earned Bills rookie quarterback Trent Edwards the starting job, and sent J.P. Losman to a familiar place -- the bench.

Jauron names Edwards starter over Losman

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Two wins in three games earned Bills rookie quarterback Trent Edwards the starting job, and sent J.P. Losman to a familiar place -- the bench.

Coach Dick Jauron made the announcement on Tuesday in a two-paragraph statement issued by the team as the Bills (2-4) prepare to travel to play the New York Jets on Sunday.

"We are naming Trent Edwards as our starting quarterback," Jauron said, noting he had informed both Edwards and Losman of his decision.

The statement was a departure from what Jauron said last week, when he declined to name a full-time starter beyond giving Edwards one more start -- against Baltimore on Sunday -- because Losman had looked rusty since recovering from a sprained left knee.

Edwards delivered on the coach's faith, helping the Bills to a 19-14 victory. The win improved the third-round pick's record to 2-1 in three consecutive starts since Losman was hurt during the first series of Buffalo's 38-7 loss against New England in Week 3.

Jauron is expected to provide further details regarding his decision after the Bills return to practice Wednesday.............

~The Answer
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Re: ESPN: Edwards named starting QB for rest of season

I wonder who the QB du jour will be next season and the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after thatand the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after thatand the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after thatand the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after that
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

and the search for the next Kelly continues ....... Jauron better get it right because if he fails we'll be looking for a new GM/HC who will bring in his own qb and get rid of the marv hires.

The Trent Project/experiment has begun.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
        • Jul 2002

Comment

• TheWingHead
          • Sep 2003

Finally.

Comment

• MTBillsFan
            • May 2003

Trent is THEIR guy! As soon as Jauron was hired last year, JP's days were numbered.
            Send me some wings!

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

Hopefully they keep winning and the offense improves dramatically now. As each game passes it should get better. I expect nothing less than at least 3 straight wins coming up.

D & S Sports

Comment

• shelby
                The Vanilla admin
                • Jul 2002

i am glad that the FO finally put an end to this nonsense by naming TE the starter for the season. i wish him much success, and hope he is able to help our team win.

i feel badly for JP, and i wonder if he might have been able to improve his performance if he were given another opportunity, but i accept the decision made at OBD to bench him for the season.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by shelby
                  i am glad that the FO finally put an end to this nonsense by naming TE the starter for the season. i wish him much success, and hope he is able to help our team win.

i feel badly for JP, and i wonder if he might have been able to improve his performance if he were given another opportunity, but i accept the decision made at OBD to bench him for the season.

This is a win now league and Edwards gives us the best chance to do that. Bill Walsh just did a quarter turn in his grave.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by keithtr
                    I wonder who the QB du jour will be next season and the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after thatand the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after thatand the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after thatand the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after that and the season after that

i have a weird feeling we have only begun some weird road.

but lets hope not if it has to be edwards then so be it. i dont think its right for team but so be it.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

I want to hear DJ say these words: We feel that Edwards gives us a better chance to win NOW.

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

We are not out of the woods just yet. If Edwards comes out stinking game after game, don't think for a second this board, the rest of thefans, and the media won't be begging for Losman to get back on the field.

In the meantime, LET'S GO BILLS!!!!!!

Comment

• acehole
                          • Jan 2006

Well this buys coach Juron a year or two more of coaching. Good luck T Edwards I will see you in NJ on Sunday 16th row. I hope you prove me wrong about your current skills. JP I have a feeling we have not seen the last of you...and I think you will be in this league longer then Steve Fairchild...Stay in shape and stay focused...these things have a funny way of coming full circle. Saburfan and skooby can now get the T Edwards Fatheads and pull away all night.......Let the rebuilding continue!

Originally posted by The Answer
                          Not that most of us didn't already know this......

Two wins in three games earned Bills rookie quarterback Trent Edwards the starting job, and sent J.P. Losman to a familiar place -- the bench.

Jauron names Edwards starter over Losman

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Two wins in three games earned Bills rookie quarterback Trent Edwards the starting job, and sent J.P. Losman to a familiar place -- the bench.

Coach Dick Jauron made the announcement on Tuesday in a two-paragraph statement issued by the team as the Bills (2-4) prepare to travel to play the New York Jets on Sunday.

"We are naming Trent Edwards as our starting quarterback," Jauron said, noting he had informed both Edwards and Losman of his decision.

The statement was a departure from what Jauron said last week, when he declined to name a full-time starter beyond giving Edwards one more start -- against Baltimore on Sunday -- because Losman had looked rusty since recovering from a sprained left knee.

Edwards delivered on the coach's faith, helping the Bills to a 19-14 victory. The win improved the third-round pick's record to 2-1 in three consecutive starts since Losman was hurt during the first series of Buffalo's 38-7 loss against New England in Week 3.

Jauron is expected to provide further details regarding his decision after the Bills return to practice Wednesday.............

~The Answer
                          Hated by the stupid..
                          Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by acehole
                            JP I have a feeling we have not seen the last of you..
                            Brokeback?

Comment

Working...
                            X