PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills win 11 games this year and TE becomes a Romo type star.....

Mitchy moo
10-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Do we give him a new contract with a bigger payday?? You can say what you want but the team is now committed to him and us winning with him at the Helm. If he really helps us roll to that record and I mean a direct cause, does he get paid?

I remember Kurt Warner became a hero and the owner of the Rams graced him with a big bonus and payday.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-23-2007, 08:09 PM
IMO no if he does this and then next year proves to be consistant then yes..

Devin
10-23-2007, 08:10 PM
No.

He may very well eventually earn a big payday, but hes gonna have to do more then just have one good season.

BTW hey Bulger way to repay the Rams douchebag.

YardRat
One game at a time, skooby. We need to concentrate on the Jets.

BADTHINGSMAN
Trent has my full support at QB, just like Losman before him had my support.. Kick some ass Trent.. :cheers:

Mitchy moo
10-23-2007, 08:15 PM
I just feel this is a possible scenario, there is nothing left besides the Pats that I think we have a major problem with. We hung with Dallas and beat the Ravens, so if the road treats us well we'll be there.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-23-2007, 08:34 PM
Just dont forget there is a reason why the games are played.. I cant see the Phins or Rams going 0-16 because one week a team will just roll over.. Almost beating the Cowboys and beating the Ravens is nice as both are playoff caliber teams..

Mitchy moo
10-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Just dont forget there is a reason why the games are played.. I cant see the Phins or Rams going 0-16 because one week a team will just roll over.. Almost beating the Cowboys and beating the Ravens is nice as both are playoff caliber teams..

I am also factoring in us getting healthier as well. We should be picking up a few players along the way and others got some experience as well, all along creating depth.

North_Coast
10-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Do we give him a new contract with a bigger payday?? You can say what you want but the team is now committed to him and us winning with him at the Helm. If he really helps us roll to that record and I mean a direct cause, does he get paid?

I remember Kurt Warner became a hero and the owner of the Rams graced him with a big bonus and payday.

The Bills are going to go 9-1 the rest of the way??? I don't know about you, but I haven't any Pigs on the Wing recently.

Mitchy moo
10-23-2007, 08:55 PM
The Bills are going to go 9-1 the rest of the way??? I don't know about you, but I haven't any Pigs on the Wing recently.

What's to say we don't get real hot?? We should be able to roll to 5-4 and then have to face a enemy that will have no respect for us at our house. How Crazy will the Ralph be with us at 5-4 and a chance to crush Brady??

acehole
10-23-2007, 09:36 PM

Hahahaha Skooby you are funny......how old are you?

Anyway let me explain how things work in buffalo.
As soon as T Edwards becomes a star (2010) They
will draft sombody to take his place because Ralph is
to cheap to pony up...unless you are a high motor white
guy....then we over pay. T Edwards will get paid if he is a
star.....but he will wearing a 49'er jersey...that is where alot
of Buffalos good players go when their jail sentence is up in
buffalo after they are drafted. J Jennings, Nate.....to name a few.
Ralph Wilson comes from a different era.....he still gets excited about
strawberries when they go on sale. So you see skoob...there is more
to a team then a qb...and we will be hard pressed to ever sniff a superbowl
while ol Ralph is driving this ship with the blinker on for 43 miles...because while NE signs Randy Moss we get a Something Jenkins from pissant state U and then we say Gee why do get a new QB every 2.2 years and why cant he win? Anyway it is all in this pamphlet you can buy at the stadium for $75 bucks. I admire your enthusiasm Skoob...let see if you remain positive after week ten when the finger pointing will once agian commence.....and JP will be on the bench smiling inside and looking at property in Carolina...or Greenbay or Tampabay...or Miami. Go Bills!

Mitchy moo
10-23-2007, 09:40 PM
How long was Jim Kelly here? Success stays losers leave.

Bills10-6in08
10-23-2007, 10:12 PM
How long was Jim Kelly here? Success stays losers leave.
Well said

LtFinFan66
10-23-2007, 11:49 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/4944-1148362934.gif

BillsOverDolphins
10-24-2007, 12:25 AM
What's to say we don't get real hot?

REALITY

Kerr
10-24-2007, 06:52 AM
Don't think it's generally a good idea to pay a player a lot more money after having one good year, but that's the risk you take when they have a good year the last year of their contract and you have to decide whether to keep them or not. In edwards case, he's only a rookie so there's no need to pay him more. Once he proves he can produce consistently after at least two seasons, then it ought to be discussed.

Mitchy moo
10-24-2007, 06:52 AM
REALITY

lol, good 1.

Mitchy moo
10-24-2007, 06:54 AM
Don't think it's generally a good idea to pay a player a lot more money after having one good year, but that's the risk you take when they have a good year the last year of their contract and you have to decide whether to keep them or not. In edwards case, he's only a rookie so there's no need to pay him more. Once he proves he can produce consistently after at least two seasons, then it ought to be discussed.

Good point but If something weird happens and he is the SB MVP, then what??

Kerr
10-24-2007, 07:00 AM
Good point but If something weird happens and he is the SB MVP, then what??

That would be managements choice, but I wouldn't deem it necessary. He was already paid a lot to do a job and reach a goal, which is every qb's job, to reach the superbowl and win it.

Mitchy moo
10-24-2007, 07:03 AM
That would be managements choice, but I wouldn't deem it necessary. He was already paid a lot to do a job and reach a goal, which is every qb's job, to reach the superbowl and win it.

I'd sign him up for 7 years and make sure the sliding scale doesn't kill us later. Lock up your best people forever and make sure their happy if they help you become successful.

billsburgh
10-24-2007, 07:08 AM
2 words

RALPH WILSON

acehole
10-25-2007, 06:41 PM
2 words

RALPH WILSON

Yep read below.....

while ol Ralph is driving this ship with the blinker on for 43 miles...because while NE signs Randy Moss we get a Something Jenkins from pissant state U and then we say Gee why do get a new QB every 2.2 years and why cant he win? Anyway it is all in this pamphlet you can buy at the stadium for $75 bucks. I admire your enthusiasm Skoob...let see if you remain positive after week ten when the finger pointing will once agian commence.....and JP will be on the bench smiling inside and looking at property in Carolina...or Greenbay or Tampabay...or Miami. Go Bills!<!-- / message -->

Mitchy moo
10-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Yep read below.....

while ol Ralph is driving this ship with the blinker on for 43 miles...because while NE signs Randy Moss we get a Something Jenkins from pissant state U and then we say Gee why do get a new QB every 2.2 years and why cant he win? Anyway it is all in this pamphlet you can buy at the stadium for $75 bucks. I admire your enthusiasm Skoob...let see if you remain positive after week ten when the finger pointing will once agian commence.....and JP will be on the bench smiling inside and looking at property in Carolina...or Greenbay or Tampabay...or Miami. Go Bills!<!-- / message -->

I've seen this before....it was bad the first time and got worse the second.

acehole
10-25-2007, 08:09 PM
I've seen this before....it was bad the first time and got worse the second.

Skoob stop stalking me...

You are like a little humping Toy poodle humping all the posts....

Mitchy moo
10-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Skoob stop stalking me...

You are like a little humping Toy poodle humping all the posts....

Good one, I like that.

BILLSROCK1212
10-25-2007, 08:38 PM
lets get to .500 first actually like its get to 3-4 first

BillsFever21
10-26-2007, 12:33 AM
You really think we are going to win 11 games? If you really believe this then you are a nut. I will bet you anything but you wouldn't make that bet because you really know we won't win that many games but you like the attention.

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 06:38 AM
You really think we are going to win 11 games? If you really believe this then you are a nut. I will bet you anything but you wouldn't make that bet because you really know we won't win that many games but you like the attention.

locked in for a december reference.

Oaf
10-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Ahaha, 11 games?

If Trent Edwards can take us from 1-4 to 11-5 as a rookie, I'll give him whatever contract he wants, and ship off JP. Too bad it won't happen.