PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that crack about the coaches and the playcalling doomed JP??

Mitchy moo
10-23-2007, 08:10 PM
The coaches we're high on Edwards already but JP opened his mouth about the playcalling and basically challenged his coaches, think that might of been the kiss of death for him??

YardRat
10-23-2007, 08:11 PM
I think JP's play, and Edward's, was the kiss of death.

SABURZFAN
10-23-2007, 08:18 PM
that's a good question,Skoob.i never thought about that until i read your thread here. :idunno:

Oaf
10-23-2007, 08:42 PM
I think JP's play, and Edward's, was the kiss of death.
Was there that much difference between the first two games and the last two in terms of QB play?

Mitchy moo
10-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Was there that much difference between the first two games and the last two in terms of QB play?

Have we ever been out of a game with TE starting?? We should of won all 3 he started actually. Keep all that in mind and please spare me the better coaching theory, we had lost even more guys on D and should of gotten worse but actually got better. I can atttribute that to only one position that if played well enough changes the course of the game. Did anyone even think that even though we may not be scoring, we're grinding alot on every play? We're raw and fighting, watch ML and tell me how he runs. He runs like someone just stole his laundry, I love it.

acehole
10-23-2007, 08:49 PM
The coaches we're high on Edwards already but JP opened his mouth about the playcalling and basically challenged his coaches, think that might of been the kiss of death for him??

yes

Elminster
10-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Yes, because Edwards certainly didn't earn the job with his play. However, it seems as though this was the plan all along. I should hope it doesn't backfire on them. Losman might be willing to sit and take it....but I should hope the cupcakes up ahead prove to be cupcake enough for us....

kinigirly
10-23-2007, 09:10 PM
i think ralph and marv already knew their plan for jp preseason. i think this far into the team jp is used to drama. looking at the other qbs in the league he probably doesn't feel like a complete loser. after hearing his press conference about his hypotheses a week or so ago he knew he wasn't wanted. i feel bad for him, but i don't think he needs a hug.

G. Host
10-23-2007, 09:15 PM

Yes. Time of possession by offense.

acehole
10-23-2007, 09:53 PM

This is telling....
From BB.com
"Buffalobills.com has learned that Buffalo's offensive staff has elected to start the rookie signal caller at quarterback again this week against the Jets in the Meadowlands."

Offensive staff? O coordinator? Steve Fairchild?

Hey Steve if you can hear me "You suck!"

djjimkelly
10-23-2007, 10:28 PM

to be honest yes.

djjimkelly
10-23-2007, 10:30 PM

is evans next? and im being real serious.

Michael82
10-24-2007, 01:00 AM
yes, and if that is the case...then i hate this staff even more. The made it known from April on, that Trent Edwards was their guy. He was their favorite. Then they threw JP into the season with a horrid, conservative gameplan that is geared towards his struggles. It made no sense. I feel bad for the guy because he has been screwed by two different coaches now. :ill:

djjimkelly
10-24-2007, 01:25 AM
yes, and if that is the case...then i hate this staff even more. The made it known from April on, that Trent Edwards was their guy. He was their favorite. Then they threw JP into the season with a horrid, conservative gameplan that is geared towards his struggles. It made no sense. I feel bad for the guy because he has been screwed by two different coaches now. :ill:

whats sad is he will leave here and become a force just watch. and we will be the ones swallowing our on bial.

LtFinFan66
10-24-2007, 03:41 AM
The coaches we're high on Edwards already but JP opened his mouth about the playcalling and basically challenged his coaches, think that might of been the kiss of death for him??no

OpIv37
10-24-2007, 08:23 AM
the $3 million in bonuses is what doomed JP.

Bufftp
10-24-2007, 08:24 AM
nah, 2 for 2000 in the first 2 games....

bigbub2352
10-24-2007, 08:40 AM
It was JPs inconsistency to find the open receiver that got him in to trouble

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Bottomline for JP is this.

Wins vs. Losses

Edwards is a winner.

Other stats mean much less.

Inetpub
10-24-2007, 09:46 AM
8-24 is what doomed JP.

Oaf
10-24-2007, 12:47 PM
Yes, because Edwards certainly didn't earn the job with his play. However, it seems as though this was the plan all along. I should hope it doesn't backfire on them. Losman might be willing to sit and take it....but I should hope the cupcakes up ahead prove to be cupcake enough for us....
Agreed. I think this was the plan right from the start where we started questioning why Nall got no playing time ahead of Edwards.

No way DJ could have come out and said it before the preseason started that their rookie was their man, but it sure looks like this is what they were thinking all along.

acehole
10-25-2007, 06:39 PM
to be honest yes.
The coaches we're high on Edwards already but JP opened his mouth about the playcalling and basically challenged his coaches, think that might of been the kiss of death for him??""

Yes the coaches are very high on edwards very high.
If we knew what they were getting high on that would
be half the battle. They need to stop smoking hash before
reviewing game film...

and that goes for the rest of you comparing him to montana.

Mitchy moo
10-25-2007, 07:27 PM
The coaches we're high on Edwards already but JP opened his mouth about the playcalling and basically challenged his coaches, think that might of been the kiss of death for him??""

Yes the coaches are very high on edwards very high.
If we knew what they were getting high on that would
be half the battle. They need to stop smoking hash before
reviewing game film...

and that goes for the rest of you comparing him to montana.

I see you are there / been there.

YardRat
10-25-2007, 07:39 PM

Yeah, pretty much.

jamze132
10-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Donahoe destroyed JP when he drafted him while Mularkey was the coach...