PDA

View Full Version : Many People In Pittsburgh Saw The Ravens Game...

raphael120
10-23-2007, 09:35 PM
One of the benefits of playing the Ravens is you get much more spotlight outside of just western NY.

I've talked to alot of my friends in Pittsburgh and down here in DC and something that most people have commented on is how awesome they thought Trent looked. One thing I read tonight that I didn't realize is...we scored 19 points on a Ravens D that surrendered only 10 points in the last two games COMBINED. That's pretty damn good and says alot about Edwards to be able to sustain those drives.

But Im definilty liking what Im seeing in Edwards and the recognition he's getting from the people that are getting a chance to watch him play. Everyone loves how he ran the no huddle, and how poised he looked and my friend even said "even on bad plays he still looks really good". And that was coming from a die hard Steelers fan who was a roommate of mine and always called JP "Bedhead". So that's saying something that he said that.

On another note though, I really feel bad for JP, he's been through a lot and honestly...I hope wherever he goes next year he does really well because you hate to see someone embrace Buffalo like he did and pretty much get told "we dont need you here anymore" by the Bills. Would be nice if he took a paycut and stayed, but I highly doubt that he would be ok with that. So...I dedicate this thread to congratulating Trent on playing well, and continued improvement, and also for JP for putting up with all the crap he's had to put up with and I wish him nothing but the best. I can honestly say I've never felt bad about a player on the Bills before (besides Everette). I really liked Spikes but you know what, he was being a little deuschy towards the end there...I just hope that JP leaves this team and this city amicably, he deserves nothing less than support of Buffalo in his continuation of his career in someother town.

Thanks for givin it your best shot, JP. :cheers:

Mitchy moo
10-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Nice post!

G. Host
10-23-2007, 10:31 PM
It also had to do with the offensive game plan the coaching staff had for two weeks to surprise on Ravens. Ravens players were getting very irritating and it showed particularly on Lewis.

BADTHINGSMAN
10-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Be great to turn those FG into TD's though..

G. Host
10-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Bills need to score before they get to red zone with burners since that is how they are built.

Crisis
10-23-2007, 10:46 PM
What redzone weapons do we have?

Our tight ends are mediocre at best, and our WRs are tiny.

This team needs a good pass catching TE or big possession WR in a bad way.

G. Host
10-23-2007, 10:52 PM
That is why I said we need to score from outside the redzone. We have WRs who are fast, shifty and quick and Reed breaks tackles.

Wys Guy
10-23-2007, 10:55 PM
That is why I said we need to score from outside the redzone. We have WRs who are fast, shifty and quick and Reed breaks tackles.

That's what we had last year.

Good teams score from within the red zone, they don't try to avoid it.

This is where Edwards has an edge w/ his short game, at least on paper.

I'm gonna step out and make a prediction however, that everyone's *****ing about Edwards by the time the season ends.

blue on blue
10-24-2007, 06:49 PM
One of the benefits of playing the Ravens is you get much more spotlight outside of just western NY.

I've talked to alot of my friends in Pittsburgh and down here in DC and something that most people have commented on is how awesome they thought Trent looked. One thing I read tonight that I didn't realize is...we scored 19 points on a Ravens D that surrendered only 10 points in the last two games COMBINED. That's pretty damn good and says alot about Edwards to be able to sustain those drives.

But Im definilty liking what Im seeing in Edwards and the recognition he's getting from the people that are getting a chance to watch him play. Everyone loves how he ran the no huddle, and how poised he looked and my friend even said "even on bad plays he still looks really good". And that was coming from a die hard Steelers fan who was a roommate of mine and always called JP "Bedhead". So that's saying something that he said that.

On another note though, I really feel bad for JP, he's been through a lot and honestly...I hope wherever he goes next year he does really well because you hate to see someone embrace Buffalo like he did and pretty much get told "we dont need you here anymore" by the Bills. Would be nice if he took a paycut and stayed, but I highly doubt that he would be ok with that. So...I dedicate this thread to congratulating Trent on playing well, and continued improvement, and also for JP for putting up with all the crap he's had to put up with and I wish him nothing but the best. I can honestly say I've never felt bad about a player on the Bills before (besides Everette). I really liked Spikes but you know what, he was being a little deuschy towards the end there...I just hope that JP leaves this team and this city amicably, he deserves nothing less than support of Buffalo in his continuation of his career in someother town.

Thanks for givin it your best shot, JP. :cheers:

A truly gracious post, a pleasure to read.

RoanokeVABillsFan
10-24-2007, 07:34 PM
I think all of us are bills fan and we wanted JP to be the guy, even though some were homers and others were realists. I remember my dad telling me JP just doesn't have it and me totally telling him he was wrong (after the good games). Even though I felt the light came on towards the end of last season, the signs we're there that the Bills organization didn't totally billieve and they are the experts seeing him every day. I have witnessed the bad games like everyone else. It has been completely obvious that JP wasn't given the total offense and that Trent has from the game plans this year. I totally agree with this excellent post. While I like JP and hoped he was the one, it's time for me to hope that Trent is now the next great one. I feel bad for JP because I think he tried more than most would have and he lost his position to questionable game plans and an injury, but Trent has shown promise and I hope he can fulfill it because like Jan and others have posted, I'm sick of having my hopes for this team be crushed.