X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Lee Evans

Curious that the Bills official website has Evans quote of nice words on Edwards. I suggest you go to wrg55 website and listen to the Evans show. Evans clearly stated that in his personal opinion, that Losman should be playing QB, injury not withstanding.

By no means I think Evans will stab Edwards in the back that kind of thing. To me he always comes across as a professional so I know he'll adjust and play hard for Edwards just as he did for Losman.

But he did talk more candidly than he said of any other QBs that he's played with for what I remember, probably due to his staue in the Bills now. He flatly called the 54 yard bomb on Sunday a "not very good throw", and noted it is hard to catch a ball "not in tight spiral." He said Edwards did not put the ball where he (Edwards) wanted to be.

Interestingly, he faced several hostile callers in a row, one after one reminding him Edwards "has produced", and the whole Bledsoe/Brady situation. One caller wanted him or his guest McGee to answer the question where would Brady be now had New England sticked with the policy of not losing jobs due to injury. One caller even suggesting that he should cut in front of Rolle in that INT throw. In the end, Lee said it is his personal opinion Losman should get back to the starting QB job.

Frankly I like it. It is refreshing to see a different opinion instead of the company line. It just showed me how much rope Edwards has to learn in his position despite what he has done. Evan has a pretty good explanation on the INT. I'm now convinced that Edwards did not adjust his read like Evans did after the ball was snapped when Baltimore showed the real hand of coverage on that play. It is a good lesson for Edwards, I suppose. If he does not make that kind of mistake again, I assume he'll earn the respect of his teamates, like Evans.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Lee Evans

Personally I think he is one if not our best players on the team but with that being said he needs to learn that the rock getting thrown to him is subjective to who is starting.

Comment

• billsburgh
      • Jul 2003

Glad to see Lee stand up for what he believes and not bow down to criticism. He knows this debacle is costing him alot of $$$$$$. Dont be surprised when Lee bolts the first chance he gets.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by billsburgh
        Glad to see Lee stand up for what he believes and not bow down to criticism. He knows this debacle is costing him alot of $$$$$$. Dont be surprised when Lee bolts the first chance he gets.
        If we start winning and making the playoffs they all stay. Until then it's a revolving door.

Comment

• billsburgh
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
          If we start winning and making the playoffs they all stay. Until then it's a revolving door.
          it takes continuity to learn how to win. until that revolving door stops, wins will be hard to come by.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

it takes continuity to learn how to win. until that revolving door stops, wins will be hard to come by.
            You have a point.

Comment

• Kerr
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Feb 2005

It really doesn't matter what Lee thinks. Sure it's neat that he stands up for his own opinion, but it's not up to him. He gets paid to catch balls and make plays regardless of who's under center. I'm sure he misses jp's beautiful long bombs, but he needs to grasp reality and realize he needs to move on with edwards and make sure he does everything he can to help edwards succeed. Shame on him should he ever decide to play unmotivated for edwards.

Comment

• billsburgh
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Kerr
                It really doesn't matter what Lee thinks. Sure it's neat that he stands up for his own opinion, but it's not up to him. He gets paid to catch balls and make plays regardless of who's under center. I'm sure he misses jp's beautiful long bombs, but he needs to grasp reality and realize he needs to move on with edwards and make sure he does everything he can to help edwards succeed. Shame on him should he ever decide to play unmotivated for edwards.
                I think it does matter what the best offensive player on the team thinks. he's one of the offensive leaders on this team and I'm sure alot of the younger players look up to him. Lee has never come across as anything but professional. the last thing he's going to do is play unmotivated no matter who the qb is. if anything, he wants to play well for that new contract after this season.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

I think it does matter what the best offensive player on the team thinks. he's one of the offensive leaders on this team and I'm sure alot of the younger players look up to him. Lee has never come across as anything but professional. the last thing he's going to do is play unmotivated no matter who the qb is. if anything, he wants to play well for that new contract after this season.
                  Part of playing well is keeping your mouth shut about coaches decisions, ask JP how that works.

Comment

• Kerr
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

I'm glad he's taken the baton to be an offensive leader, but he needs to be careful not send out the wrong message in doing so. Words inspire, but they could also do harm to a lockeroom.

Comment

• billsburgh
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
                      Part of playing well is keeping your mouth shut about coaches decisions, ask JP how that works.
                      when has JP ever mouthed off about coaches decisions? earlier this year when he questioned Fairchild? he was justified then.

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

You don't keep your mouth shut, you state your case in the classy way that Lee did, because if you don't, your performance is questioned, not the poor performance of another.
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• billsburgh
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by mybills
                          You don't keep your mouth shut, you state your case in the classy way that Lee did, because if you don't, your performance is questioned, not the poor performance of another.

Comment

• lightningbolt444
                            • Mar 2007

they said this on espn the other night look at the differance in the way that ball was thrown to the way jp throws his bombs edwards had heat and a lot of heat on it evans is not the pure hands guy that can handl that all the time hes the speed guy that runs under the ball. Lee likes jp because they made each other take away the long bomb and jp is average at best and im a beleaver in take away the long bomb and evans is a #2 Wr at best.

Comment

• streetkings01
                              • Jul 2006

I think that award belongs to Lynch as of now dont you think?
                              You can call me streetkings

Comment

Working...
                              X