PDA

View Full Version : Lee Evans

ghz in pittsburgh
10-24-2007, 05:36 AM
Curious that the Bills official website has Evans quote of nice words on Edwards. I suggest you go to wrg55 website and listen to the Evans show. Evans clearly stated that in his personal opinion, that Losman should be playing QB, injury not withstanding.

By no means I think Evans will stab Edwards in the back that kind of thing. To me he always comes across as a professional so I know he'll adjust and play hard for Edwards just as he did for Losman.

But he did talk more candidly than he said of any other QBs that he's played with for what I remember, probably due to his staue in the Bills now. He flatly called the 54 yard bomb on Sunday a "not very good throw", and noted it is hard to catch a ball "not in tight spiral." He said Edwards did not put the ball where he (Edwards) wanted to be.

Interestingly, he faced several hostile callers in a row, one after one reminding him Edwards "has produced", and the whole Bledsoe/Brady situation. One caller wanted him or his guest McGee to answer the question where would Brady be now had New England sticked with the policy of not losing jobs due to injury. One caller even suggesting that he should cut in front of Rolle in that INT throw. In the end, Lee said it is his personal opinion Losman should get back to the starting QB job.

Frankly I like it. It is refreshing to see a different opinion instead of the company line. It just showed me how much rope Edwards has to learn in his position despite what he has done. Evan has a pretty good explanation on the INT. I'm now convinced that Edwards did not adjust his read like Evans did after the ball was snapped when Baltimore showed the real hand of coverage on that play. It is a good lesson for Edwards, I suppose. If he does not make that kind of mistake again, I assume he'll earn the respect of his teamates, like Evans.

Mitchy moo
10-24-2007, 06:15 AM
Personally I think he is one if not our best players on the team but with that being said he needs to learn that the rock getting thrown to him is subjective to who is starting.

billsburgh
10-24-2007, 06:48 AM
Glad to see Lee stand up for what he believes and not bow down to criticism. He knows this debacle is costing him alot of $$$$$$. Dont be surprised when Lee bolts the first chance he gets.

Mitchy moo
10-24-2007, 06:50 AM
Glad to see Lee stand up for what he believes and not bow down to criticism. He knows this debacle is costing him alot of $$$$$$. Dont be surprised when Lee bolts the first chance he gets.

If we start winning and making the playoffs they all stay. Until then it's a revolving door.

billsburgh
10-24-2007, 06:52 AM
If we start winning and making the playoffs they all stay. Until then it's a revolving door.
it takes continuity to learn how to win. until that revolving door stops, wins will be hard to come by.

Mitchy moo
10-24-2007, 06:55 AM
it takes continuity to learn how to win. until that revolving door stops, wins will be hard to come by.

You have a point.

Kerr
10-24-2007, 06:56 AM
It really doesn't matter what Lee thinks. Sure it's neat that he stands up for his own opinion, but it's not up to him. He gets paid to catch balls and make plays regardless of who's under center. I'm sure he misses jp's beautiful long bombs, but he needs to grasp reality and realize he needs to move on with edwards and make sure he does everything he can to help edwards succeed. Shame on him should he ever decide to play unmotivated for edwards.

billsburgh
10-24-2007, 06:59 AM
It really doesn't matter what Lee thinks. Sure it's neat that he stands up for his own opinion, but it's not up to him. He gets paid to catch balls and make plays regardless of who's under center. I'm sure he misses jp's beautiful long bombs, but he needs to grasp reality and realize he needs to move on with edwards and make sure he does everything he can to help edwards succeed. Shame on him should he ever decide to play unmotivated for edwards.
I think it does matter what the best offensive player on the team thinks. he's one of the offensive leaders on this team and I'm sure alot of the younger players look up to him. Lee has never come across as anything but professional. the last thing he's going to do is play unmotivated no matter who the qb is. if anything, he wants to play well for that new contract after this season.

Mitchy moo
10-24-2007, 07:04 AM
I think it does matter what the best offensive player on the team thinks. he's one of the offensive leaders on this team and I'm sure alot of the younger players look up to him. Lee has never come across as anything but professional. the last thing he's going to do is play unmotivated no matter who the qb is. if anything, he wants to play well for that new contract after this season.

Part of playing well is keeping your mouth shut about coaches decisions, ask JP how that works.

Kerr
10-24-2007, 07:05 AM

I'm glad he's taken the baton to be an offensive leader, but he needs to be careful not send out the wrong message in doing so. Words inspire, but they could also do harm to a lockeroom.

billsburgh
10-24-2007, 07:06 AM
Part of playing well is keeping your mouth shut about coaches decisions, ask JP how that works.
when has JP ever mouthed off about coaches decisions? earlier this year when he questioned Fairchild? he was justified then.

mybills
10-24-2007, 07:32 AM
You don't keep your mouth shut, you state your case in the classy way that Lee did, because if you don't, your performance is questioned, not the poor performance of another.

billsburgh
10-24-2007, 07:35 AM
You don't keep your mouth shut, you state your case in the classy way that Lee did, because if you don't, your performance is questioned, not the poor performance of another.
:bf1:

lightningbolt444
10-24-2007, 07:38 AM
they said this on espn the other night look at the differance in the way that ball was thrown to the way jp throws his bombs edwards had heat and a lot of heat on it evans is not the pure hands guy that can handl that all the time hes the speed guy that runs under the ball. Lee likes jp because they made each other take away the long bomb and jp is average at best and im a beleaver in take away the long bomb and evans is a #2 Wr at best.

streetkings01
10-24-2007, 07:49 AM
I think it does matter what the best offensive player on the team thinks. he's one of the offensive leaders on this team and I'm sure alot of the younger players look up to him. Lee has never come across as anything but professional. the last thing he's going to do is play unmotivated no matter who the qb is. if anything, he wants to play well for that new contract after this season.I think that award belongs to Lynch as of now dont you think?

streetkings01
10-24-2007, 07:51 AM
they said this on espn the other night look at the differance in the way that ball was thrown to the way jp throws his bombs edwards had heat and a lot of heat on it evans is not the pure hands guy that can handl that all the time hes the speed guy that runs under the ball. Lee likes jp because they made each other take away the long bomb and jp is average at best and im a beleaver in take away the long bomb and evans is a #2 Wr at best.That's the main reason why he's so garbage against the Pats, because they take Lee away from the deep passing game!

billsburgh
10-24-2007, 08:02 AM
I think that award belongs to Lynch as of now dont you think?
not so fast. I love Marshawn, but he has yet to have that breakout game.

Inetpub
10-24-2007, 08:19 AM
Sounds like hes a selfish whiner. I am losing faith in Lee Evans. Im beginning to believe his abilities are over rated.

OpIv37
10-24-2007, 08:21 AM

the only thing Lee Evans believes in is himself. He's more likely to catch bombs from JP because JP has the bigger arm and probably a better understanding of D's due to more experience. Just because JP is better for Evans and a future contract does not mean it's better for the team.

I started a thread similar to this a couple weeks ago- Evans was here for the end of Moulds' career and saw how the instability at QB hurt Moulds' career and probably cost him millions- he's not going to let the same thing happen again. You're right- if we don't stabilize at QB soon, he's gone.

Wys Guy
10-24-2007, 08:39 AM
Personally I think he is one if not our best players on the team but with that being said he needs to learn that the rock getting thrown to him is subjective to who is starting.

If the players were Lynch not getting carries over Dwight or whatever his name is, or Thomas, you'd be screaming bloody murder in anger over the same thing Skoob saying that we need to get the ball to our best RB or how Lynch needs reps.

Evans is hands down the best WR on this team. IMO he's going to ask to be traded after the season, watch. I'd put money on it.

Wys Guy
10-24-2007, 08:40 AM

Right, and if the next time you walk into a public restroom and the commode's full of gold doubloons, ...

mybills
10-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Evans is hands down the best WR on this team. IMO he's going to ask to be traded after the season, watch. I'd put money on it.
Can I get in on that to share the winnings with you? :D

Tatonka
10-24-2007, 08:51 AM
evans is right in everything he said.

the pass was a duck.

and losman shouldnt have lost his job based on the lack of production against 2 very good defenses.. and edwards has done nothing to show that he can put up any more points than losman did.. he just shows "poise".

im so sick of that word.

we are really walking a fine line here..

because if trent continues to play qb and we win games, even with trent not doing **** to get us in the endzone, then people will keep playing.. but if the team loses 2 of the next three games.. there is going to be a mutany.. the season will be over (officially) and guys like lee will start barking louder.

this team is in a really dangerous spot right now. all the support for trent will go out the window if he finishes the season with his average of 4 tds to 16 ints.

mybills
10-24-2007, 08:58 AM
They're all being "used". :sadwalk:

Bulldog
10-24-2007, 09:15 AM

the pass was a duck.

and losman shouldnt have lost his job based on the lack of production against 2 very good defenses.. and edwards has done nothing to show that he can put up any more points than losman did.. he just shows "poise".

im so sick of that word.

because if trent continues to play qb and we win games, even with trent not doing **** to get us in the endzone, then people will keep playing.. but if the team loses 2 of the next three games.. there is going to be a mutany.. the season will be over (officially) and guys like lee will start barking louder.

this team is in a really dangerous spot right now. all the support for trent will go out the window if he finishes the season with his average of 4 tds to 16 ints.

I hear what you're saying and agree that the Bills need to improve in the red zone if they want to continue to win games. It seems as though they struggle in the red zone no matter who the QB is. Could be attributed to play calling or the fact that they don't have a WR over 6 feet tall. A TE that is actually a threat in the passing game would probably help too. But the Bills did put up 19 against a pretty good Ravens defense last week. I think the fact that they were in the red zone five times last week is a sign of progress.

Tatonka
10-24-2007, 09:20 AM
but why is trent edwards not blamed for offensive issues.. it is the playcalling.. but jp doesnt get that pass, even though he has shown success in the past (ie. 19tds to 14 ints last year.)

camelcowboy
10-24-2007, 09:22 AM
but why is trent edwards not blamed for offensive issues.. it is the playcalling.. but jp doesnt get that pass, even though he has shown success in the past (ie. 19tds to 14 ints last year.) Not to be confrontation but our redzone defense hasn't been good for a while. Even under losman we were bad. Its personal they need bigger receivers inside the 20

Tatonka
10-24-2007, 09:22 AM
i dont care what anyone says.. the bills played 2 very strong Ds the first two weeks.. and it was the start of the season. you should expect improvement over the course of 6 weeks.. i think there would have been more improvement with jp in there, because we wouldnt be dealing with rookie issues, like throwing the ball into the defenders hands at the most critcal times in a game.. like TE does consistently in every game he has played.

billsburgh
10-24-2007, 09:23 AM
the only thing Lee Evans believes in is himself. He's more likely to catch bombs from JP because JP has the bigger arm and probably a better understanding of D's due to more experience. Just because JP is better for Evans and a future contract does not mean it's better for the team.

I started a thread similar to this a couple weeks ago- Evans was here for the end of Moulds' career and saw how the instability at QB hurt Moulds' career and probably cost him millions- he's not going to let the same thing happen again. You're right- if we don't stabilize at QB soon, he's gone.
can you blame him for only believing in himself? what reason does he have to believe in anyone else on the team, players or coaches. the line cant run block, there's no other reciever to take coverge away from him, opposing defenses dont repect the qb (whoever it may be), the defense for the most part is a sieve, and the coaching staff is below average.

If Lee wants to truly be considered a top receiver in this league, he needs to realize that catching bombs is not the only part of his game. He needs to improve his shorter and intermediate routes and get open on those more consistently.

Tatonka
10-24-2007, 09:23 AM
Not to be confrontation but our redzone defense hasn't been good for a while. Even under losman we were bad. Its personal they need bigger receivers inside the 20

so in saying that.. JP sucks because we dont score in the redzone.. but TE is not at fault for the same thing?

its a double standard.

camelcowboy
10-24-2007, 09:27 AM
i dont care what anyone says.. the bills played 2 very strong Ds the first two weeks.. and it was the start of the season. you should expect improvement over the course of 6 weeks.. i think there would have been more improvement with jp in there, because we wouldnt be dealing with rookie issues, like throwing the ball into the defenders hands at the most critcal times in a game.. like TE does consistently in every game he has played. Come on T, Losman is good for a couple bone head plays a game as well. He holds the ball to long and he tends to fumble. He throws short passes high or he bounces alot of them off the ground. If losman was as good as you described in this paragraph he would still be the starter.

camelcowboy
10-24-2007, 09:29 AM
so in saying that.. JP sucks because we dont score in the redzone.. but TE is not at fault for the same thing?

its a double standard. im saying that lack of production for both qbs is due to our problems in the redzone. I wasn't defending Edwards im just saying that personel is a factor why the offense as a whole is bad.

Bulldog
10-24-2007, 09:30 AM
but why is trent edwards not blamed for offensive issues.. it is the playcalling.. but jp doesnt get that pass, even though he has shown success in the past (ie. 19tds to 14 ints last year.)

As I stated before, Buffalo struggled in the red zone with Losman at QB also. Logic should tell you that there is more going on than just the play of the QB's. I wasn't using it as an excuse for Edwards. He needs to get better in the red zone. The same can be said for Losman. But what would really help is a WR that is taller than 6 feet and a TE who can actually be a target in the red zone. Thats all I was trying to say. Speed is great when you have a whole field to work with, but in the red zone that speed is negated as there isn't as much room to operate.

streetkings01
10-24-2007, 09:59 AM
not so fast. I love Marshawn, but he has yet to have that breakout game.Lynch has 4 of our 5 offensive TD's....I would say as of now he's our best offensive weapon!

Lynch - 4 TD's
Gaines - 1 TD
Parrish - 1 TD
McGee - 1 TD
Kelsay - 1 TD
Wilson - 1 TD
Evans - 0 TD's

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 10:01 AM
What have we done?

1.Why is MArv all quiet about this? I don't expect him to pull a Donahoe who usually wants to be the one to address the media even when the janitor farts, but the one guy who always said, "you should never lose your qb to injury " or the one who said Moolarkey should've stayed with JP instead of going to Holcomb should say something. Maybe he was trumped by Wilson and has his hands tied?

2. we sent Evans packing. We just showed him we'll screw you over like we screwed your fellow 1st rounder out of his money. Evans is still the best player on this team regardless of position. The only way you are going to keep him is pay him more than Dockery and Walker. That would most likely mean making him the highest paid PLAYER in bills history. Lee should want want his money upfront so Ralph can't really screw him down the road. Lee is playing for the perfect owner who will not screw you over like he did Evans' co 1st rounder (yeah right) I hope Lee isn't paying attention to what's going on with JP's bonus. :nervous:

Note to every FA in the future- Get a Dockery/ Walker type of deal before you sign here.

3. Up next Roscoe Parrish. When is his contract up? No one can probably understand what he says but I'm almost sure he understands whats going on .He's another TD hire. He's gonna get tired of this wr rotation system. They are gonna draft Lee's replacement most likely using a high pick who will get paid more than Parrish even though he's a rookie.

Trent is Reeds no.__ QB? If there is one record Reed might break is the no. of qb's he's had in his career surpassing Moulds. :snicker:

4. Trent may not want to buy JP's house. If Trent is smart he should realize that you should NEVER EMBRACE THE CITY OF BUFFALO AND IT's PEOPLE. The more you talk crap or show you disgust for the city you get rewarded. Willis got rewarded with a 40 million dollar contract from the Ravens . Rob Johnson who lived in the airport hotel and bailed out the second the season was over was picked over Flutie.

BTW Trent, you have a few years to audition for another team before Ralph pulls the plug on you and goes for someone cheaper. You're one injury away. Why do you think they are working out another qb? They screwed over your predecessor, they'll screw you too when the time comes .You're just the flavor of the month just like Jp was the falvor of the month when Dick and Fairchils said nothing but praises for JP before the season.

5. When Lee leaves next year and Parrish soon after that, let's hope we can draft another wr who becomes as good as Lee and we'll screw him over as well. This rebuilding process which I thought would take 2-3 years will continue until the bills move to Toronto or Ralph dies. Which ever comes first.

billsburgh
10-24-2007, 10:09 AM
:bf1: absolutely right on every point.

Wys Guy
10-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Can I get in on that to share the winnings with you? :D

I'm not sure we'll find any takers for that one. ;)

The question is will the team let him go. They should after this season if little changes.

Wys Guy
10-24-2007, 10:48 AM

the pass was a duck.

im so sick of that word.

Hey T, how goes?

This team was in a dangerous spot two seasons ago, and really, even before that when we started tinkering with all of these past-prime skill position players that everyone supported coming here yet with predictable results.

IMO we're not "on the edge," we're well into the deep part of the woods here with no map or GPS.

I'm not challenging your analysis at all here, in fact it's tight. Just suggesting that this franchise is so far away from "how Edwards plays" that you're being polite.

And yes, the stuff about "poise" and "checkdowns" is being overplayed. Anyone watching these games can plainly see that Edwards often locks right onto the receiver he's throwing to from the second that the ball is snapped. That's going to be a huge issue. He'd better get used to checking down if he's going to cointinue to do that.

Wys Guy
10-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Lynch has 4 of our 5 offensive TD's....I would say as of now he's our best offensive weapon!

Lynch - 4 TD's
Gaines - 1 TD
Parrish - 1 TD
McGee - 1 TD
Kelsay - 1 TD
Wilson - 1 TD
Evans - 0 TD's

The D/STs has almost as many points as the O does and if we factor in as counting for the D/STs the ones that they've set up, they do have more.

Philagape
10-24-2007, 11:09 AM
the bills played 2 very strong Ds the first two weeks

I'll keep bringing this up as long as people keep repeating it: THE BRONCOS ARE NOT A STRONG DEFENSE. Their yards per pass allowed is fourth-WORST in the league. They've gotten lit up their last two games.

mybills
10-24-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm not sure we'll find any takers for that one. ;)

The question is will the team let him go. They should after this season if little changes.
How often do they keep players who don't want to be here? :;
I'm thinking he'll want out, and I won't blame him.

don137
10-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Evans has no respect for this coaching staff IMO and does not care speaking his mind.
This team is making good strides. I know people are very critical of this team but I feel it a competitive team. Players have stepped up defensively. Greer has proven to a very good DB. McCargo is growing leaps and bounds each week. I feel with one more good DT, a OL that can actually play like a OL and a coaching staff that does not have its head up its tail the Bills would be on the brink of the playoffs despite their red zone woes. That will come.

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 11:34 AM
I feel with one more good DT, a OL that can actually play like a OL and a coaching staff that does not have its head up its tail the Bills would be on the brink of the playoffs despite their red zone woes. That will come.how many years do you think it'll take before we get it all together in one season?

Oaf
10-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Evans is a 'vet' on this team now. Vets typically side with those who have proven production in the past and don't want to start from scratch midway through their careers. Not to mention JP and LE were 1st round picks together. Not to mention Evans experienced a pro bowl caliber year with JP last year.

No wonder he seems critical right now.

But he needs to stop being a drama queen and make some damn plays for the first time this season.

mybills
10-24-2007, 12:42 PM
:shakeno:

ghz in pittsburgh
10-24-2007, 01:06 PM
how many years do you think it'll take before we get it all together in one season?

Ironically, I view that the decision to go with Edwards is precisely on the timing issue.

Everyone I talk to, and the generally sense people get from Edwards is that he's going to be a better QB than Losman eventually. He is not right now.

So the question is what do you want to do now? Go as far as Losman can take you while let Edwards sit or speed up his process by playing him. Remember Peyton Manning 's motto for young QBs has been play, play, and play. Look at Brady of 2001 and Brady today, do you think him taking every snap during this time helped?

Conveniently there is a question about Losman's extension. Do you want to play Losman to see more at the expense of delaying Edwards progress so that you can make a better decision on Losman?

Remember this coaching staff has seen a full year's worth of Losman, plus 3 years worth of tape. I'm sure they have an opinion already. If they have the same sense we get, i.e. Edwards is going to be better than Losman down the road, any manager/business man/owner would probably do what they did. If they are right, then the time the Bills become good pretty much depends on Edwards development -- and Levy and compnay pushed it to full throttle by naming Edwards the starter.

acehole
10-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Curious that the Bills official website has Evans quote of nice words on Edwards. I suggest you go to wrg55 website and listen to the Evans show. Evans clearly stated that in his personal opinion, that Losman should be playing QB, injury not withstanding.

By no means I think Evans will stab Edwards in the back that kind of thing. To me he always comes across as a professional so I know he'll adjust and play hard for Edwards just as he did for Losman.

But he did talk more candidly than he said of any other QBs that he's played with for what I remember, probably due to his staue in the Bills now. He flatly called the 54 yard bomb on Sunday a "not very good throw", and noted it is hard to catch a ball "not in tight spiral." He said Edwards did not put the ball where he (Edwards) wanted to be.

Interestingly, he faced several hostile callers in a row, one after one reminding him Edwards "has produced", and the whole Bledsoe/Brady situation. One caller wanted him or his guest McGee to answer the question where would Brady be now had New England sticked with the policy of not losing jobs due to injury. One caller even suggesting that he should cut in front of Rolle in that INT throw. In the end, Lee said it is his personal opinion Losman should get back to the starting QB job.

Frankly I like it. It is refreshing to see a different opinion instead of the company line. It just showed me how much rope Edwards has to learn in his position despite what he has done. Evan has a pretty good explanation on the INT. I'm now convinced that Edwards did not adjust his read like Evans did after the ball was snapped when Baltimore showed the real hand of coverage on that play. It is a good lesson for Edwards, I suppose. If he does not make that kind of mistake again, I assume he'll earn the respect of his teamates, like Evans.

I think it is clear that we should throw Evans under the same bus that JP is under....and if there are any other good players on the team they need to go as well...how dare they not support a one 3 yard TD to 4 int qb who has proven he is like elway and farve in there first year.

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Ironically, I view that the decision to go with Edwards is precisely on the timing issue.

Everyone I talk to, and the generally sense people get from Edwards is that he's going to be a better QB than Losman eventually. He is not right now.

So the question is what do you want to do now? Go as far as Losman can take you while let Edwards sit or speed up his process by playing him. Remember Peyton Manning 's motto for young QBs has been play, play, and play. Look at Brady of 2001 and Brady today, do you think him taking every snap during this time helped?

Conveniently there is a question about Losman's extension. Do you want to play Losman to see more at the expense of delaying Edwards progress so that you can make a better decision on Losman?

Remember this coaching staff has seen a full year's worth of Losman, plus 3 years worth of tape. I'm sure they have an opinion already. If they have the same sense we get, i.e. Edwards is going to be better than Losman down the road, any manager/business man/owner would probably do what they did. If they are right, then the time the Bills become good pretty much depends on Edwards development -- and Levy and compnay pushed it to full throttle by naming Edwards the starter.

this is why I've stated Marv and Dick better get this right. If Trent isn't the guy and JP moves on and turns into a franchise qb under better coaching staff becuase we gave up too soon , we're back to the Henry-Willis days where we let the wrong player go.

I don't know if I can continue to be a bills homer anymore if they get this wrong.
I will apologize to OP and there will be 2 of us. I've tried to justify every Marv and Dick move (even drafting TE) but I can't anymore if this rebuilding if moved any further than 2 years.

We went from winning now in JP's 2nd year under Fairchild to developing another qb.

RedEyE
10-24-2007, 02:16 PM
This all goes away if the Bills continue to win. But that's the trick now, isn't?

HHURRICANE
10-24-2007, 02:38 PM

I've watched the play several times and this comment is BS. Lee should grow up. Friends or not you support all of your teammates.

PECKERWOOD
10-24-2007, 03:22 PM
So Sabz and TD, does this make Evans a licker now too?

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 03:24 PM
So Sabz and TD, does this make Evans a licker now too?
I am most likely a Evans licker too now. :brush:

Oaf
10-24-2007, 04:40 PM
The coaches must have agreed that JP tendency to crumble under dire situations and games was what was holding them back.

I'm a JP supporter, but even though Trent hasn't done anything special, the best thing about him is his poise under pressure of a defense or of a game's importance.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-24-2007, 08:20 PM
this is why I've stated Marv and Dick better get this right. If Trent isn't the guy and JP moves on and turns into a franchise qb under better coaching staff becuase we gave up too soon , we're back to the Henry-Willis days where we let the wrong player go.

I don't know if I can continue to be a bills homer anymore if they get this wrong.
I will apologize to OP and there will be 2 of us. I've tried to justify every Marv and Dick move (even drafting TE) but I can't anymore if this rebuilding if moved any further than 2 years.

We went from winning now in JP's 2nd year under Fairchild to developing another qb.

The good news is that the chance of them letting the wrong guy leave is minimal. Look around NFL, nobody - I do mean nobody - letting a franchise QB go any more. We have an owner, a GM, and a coach that have been around the block a few times; I'm sure they are not that naive. Remember this is not the draft where you project people based on performance from an entirely different level. They see the two QBs perform in real NFL games; they probably saw the two QBs off field every day. So it should be a quite sound judgement.

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 08:26 PM
The good news is that the chance of them letting the wrong guy leave is minimal. Look around NFL, nobody - I do mean nobody - letting a franchise QB go any more. We have an owner, a GM, and a coach that have been around the block a few times; I'm sure they are not that naive. Remember this is not the draft where you project people based on performance from an entirely different level. They see the two QBs perform in real NFL games; they probably saw the two QBs off field every day. So it should be a quite sound judgement.
So they think the Edwards is already the Franchise qb and are letting JP go? I don't think so. they HOPE Edwards is the future and are putting their jobs on the line with him.

Rob Johnson was a decent qb early in his career. No one would've thought he'd be the franchises biggest bum .

Meathead
10-24-2007, 08:42 PM
even though Trent hasn't done anything special, the best thing about him is his poise under pressure of a defense or of a game's importance.
wha wha whaaat?!?

two fourth quarter picks where he stared a hole through the receiver is poise under pressure with the game on the line?!??!?

i like the guy, hes been impressive as a rookie, but we have a mini-trend here of throwing AWFUL picks at HORRENDOUS moments. one more and its a full blown pattern

one thing i know for sure is that jp would NOT have thrown those picks. he mighta made other mistakes but hes been quite good at ball protection most of the last half season plus. maybe even a little too cautious but he would absolutely not have thrown either of those two terrible picks

stop the madness