The Official "I'm going to the game, and you're not" Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

The Official "I'm going to the game, and you're not" Thread!

One of only two times a year I get to rub it in that I'm going to see the Sabres and most all of you aren't... The rest of the time I'm just jealous

Sabres-Hurricanes Preview

Oct 24, 2007, 7:00 PM EDT

Hopefully the Sabres continue last year's domination of the Canes, we took all 4 games last season!

As always, I'll have lots of pictures and my perspective as I watch the game from rinkside afterwards, though it'll probably be tomorrow before I have the time to post it all!

Enjoy the game all and Let's Go Buffalo!!!
  • hurls
    • Oct 2003

Re: The Official "I'm going to the game, and you're not" Thread!

Congrats man. I love games at the RBC. You'll have plenty of company too. Have an "oil-can" for me. (They still sell those there?)

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
      • May 2005

Originally posted by hurls
      Congrats man. I love games at the RBC. You'll have plenty of company too. Have an "oil-can" for me. (They still sell those there?)
      I'm not sure, I never buy anything when I go to games, costs far too much. Definitely lots of Sabres fans in attendance! The only thing I love about the RBC though is that it's always a quick escape out of the parking lot. I'm usually home within 10 minutes of the conclusion of an event there.

Comment

• hurls
        • Oct 2003

Ya, agreed. My bro and I would either go to that place owned by the Buffalo guy with great wings, forget the name(it closed, then reopened at a new location). If not, we'd just hit the Wendy's across from the RBC.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

:oldskool:
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
            I'm not sure, I never buy anything when I go to games, costs far too much. Definitely lots of Sabres fans in attendance! The only thing I love about the RBC though is that it's always a quick escape out of the parking lot. I'm usually home within 10 minutes of the conclusion of an event there.
            That i can agree on, you get out of there with no problem. I live 10 minutes from there off of Maynard. Good times at the RBC center, have fun man!!! I may go, a buddy of mine has tickets with his company.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
              • May 2005

Originally posted by BleedinGreenNC
              That i can agree on, you get out of there with no problem. I live 10 minutes from there off of Maynard. Good times at the RBC center, have fun man!!! I may go, a buddy of mine has tickets with his company.
              Jesus, I think we're neighbors! I live 10 minutes away, right off Maynard!

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                • Sep 2004

Very small world!!

Comment

• hurls
                  • Oct 2003

So anyone know the name of that Buffalo place I mentioned? it was in a strip mall, then closed, and I heard it re-opened. It had awesome food, all Buffalo fans. Binco's or something.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                    • May 2005

So anyone know the name of that Buffalo place I mentioned? it was in a strip mall, then closed, and I heard it re-opened. It had awesome food, all Buffalo fans. Binco's or something.
                    No clue man... In Raleigh there is Buffalo Bros., that's where all the Bills Backers go for Sundays. In Cary, there is The Upper Deck, which is owned by a guy from Rochester, and there is a healthy sized group of us that gather there on Sundays as well.

Comment

• hurls
                      • Oct 2003

I've been to both, but I'm pretty sure the place was Blincos or Bincos or something. Thanks for the help tho. I miss going to raleigh. Always had to hit the Cheesecake Factory, and California Pizza Kitchen or whatever, and wanted to try Ted Turner's Buffalo place, but never did.My bro moved to FLA, so I don't go to NC anymore.

Comment

• JD
                        Sabres Zone
                        • Sep 2003

I've been to both, but I'm pretty sure the place was Blincos or Bincos or something. Thanks for the help tho. I miss going to raleigh. Always had to hit the Cheesecake Factory, and California Pizza Kitchen or whatever, and wanted to try Ted Turner's Buffalo place, but never did.My bro moved to FLA, so I don't go to NC anymore.
                        We have one of these now, in Cheektowaga
                        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                          We have one of these now, in Cheektowaga
                          Everybody always tells me I need to take the wife there and I've never heard a bad thing about it... I guess I'll finally have to break down and actually take her soon.

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                            Everybody always tells me I need to take the wife there and I've never heard a bad thing about it... I guess I'll finally have to break down and actually take her soon.
                            Got the one at Crabtree mall, and there is one at Southpoint.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                              • May 2005

Originally posted by BleedinGreenNC
                              Got the one at Crabtree mall, and there is one at Southpoint.
                              Yup, both have been suggested to me. Actually, I still haven't been to the Crabtree Mall yet and everybody tells me it's easily the best one around. I don't really like Southpoint all that much, it's 95% chick stores.

Comment

Working...
                              X