PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have what JP had to say?

hurls
10-24-2007, 06:16 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3076268

Wasn't sure if anyone posted, but wondered what JP's comment was on being named the back-up by Jauron yesterday. I know one thing he's gotta be ticked at:

Should he remain the backup this season, Losman is in jeopardy of missing out on earning a bonus worth more than $3 million, which would kick in if he meets certain statistical criteria, such as starts and yards passing.

Mitchy moo
10-24-2007, 06:34 AM

Wasn't sure if anyone posted, but wondered what JP's comment was on being named the back-up by Jauron yesterday. I know one thing he's gotta be ticked at:

Should he remain the backup this season, Losman is in jeopardy of missing out on earning a bonus worth more than $3 million, which would kick in if he meets certain statistical criteria, such as starts and yards passing.

I am disappointed will be in there.

Bufftp
10-24-2007, 06:36 AM
It is comforting to know that this most likely has nothing to do with the decision.

hurls
10-24-2007, 06:38 AM
I am disappointed will be in there.

:rofl:

billsburgh
10-24-2007, 06:39 AM
now the truth is coming out. everything is becoming much clearer now. :ill:

Romes
10-24-2007, 06:42 AM
he's had ample opportunity to prove he was worth the 3 million.

hurls
10-24-2007, 06:44 AM
I agree there. How many times will he lose the starting job is the question. I'll bet he's named and removed at least 2 more times before he's released, whenever that may be(After this year). Though I would love to see Edwards be the man for good from here on out.

billsburgh
10-24-2007, 06:44 AM
he's had ample opportunity to prove he was worth the 3 million.
Ralph never had any intention of paying it. he was gonna screw JP out of his money by any means necessary.

Mitchy moo
10-24-2007, 06:49 AM
Ralph never had any intention of paying it. he was gonna screw JP out of his money by any means necessary.

JP did that all by himself, regardless of what other people think. If he helped make the team successful, he would gladly get paid.

billsburgh
10-24-2007, 06:55 AM
JP did that all by himself, regardless of what other people think. If he helped make the team successful, he would gladly get paid.
there are 52 other players on the team, an inept coaching staff who helped contribute to his downfall. you cant say that he did this all by himself. this is a team sport not an individual sport.

Mitchy moo
10-24-2007, 07:01 AM
there are 52 other players on the team, an inept coaching staff who helped contribute to his downfall. you cant say that he did this all by himself. this is a team sport not an individual sport.

Ask NE fans if the QB made a difference to their team? They are probably the best team in the past 8 years and I attribute that to one player.

billsburgh
10-24-2007, 07:04 AM
Ask NE fans if the QB made a difference to their team? They are probably the best team in the past 8 years and I attribute that to one player.
CHEATERS

hurls
10-24-2007, 07:12 AM

Teddy Brew-skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No? The NFL, ESPN, and CBS say yes. :D

mybills
10-24-2007, 07:35 AM
so true. :cynic:

billsburgh
10-24-2007, 07:36 AM
so true. :cynic:
what a shame.

Bulldog
10-24-2007, 08:03 AM
what a shame.

What a shame that Buffalo has turned the page on a QB that has had numerous opportunities to prove that he is the unquestioned leader and QB of this franchise. Buffalo was heading down the same path with Losman that Baltimore did with Boller. There is no question that Losman has great athletic ability, as does everyone at the NFL level. But the proverbial light never went on for Losman, and that's why he riding the bench. I really wanted to see Losman do well, as I feel he really liked Buffalo and made an effort to improve the city. But in the end, this is a business, and a cut throat one at that. Starting Edwards is the right call, and I'm glad Jauron finally decided to take a risk when it would have been much easier to hand the job back to Losman.

mybills
10-24-2007, 08:06 AM
Don't get too attached to Trent. They love playing musical QB's within 4 full seasons.

billsburgh
10-24-2007, 08:11 AM
Don't get too attached to Trent. They love playing musical QB's within 4 full seasons.
JP has barely had 2 full seasons to prove his worth.

OpIv37
10-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Owners calling the shots to save money instead of coaches/GM's making the best football decisions. Now there's a winning formula!

hurls
10-24-2007, 08:17 AM
But what has he really done in those 2 seasons? He's looking more Todd Collins than Jimbo. Gotta give Trent the shot till he bumbles a couple games in a row. A ahky performance vs Baltimore doesn't faze me. IMO JP would have been demolished in that game. What I like is actually seeing him check down the different options till he gets the right receiver, tho an INT at the 14 or whatever isn't the best, lol. W's are what counts, and he is getting them.

Don't Panic
10-24-2007, 08:24 AM
If people think that this decision was more about the bonus than JP's play, then they simply weren't watching the first two games. Blame the OC or whoever for those performances, but the bottom line is that JP had opportunities, play after play, and he squandered them. No one wanted to see JP succeed more than I, but the bottom line is that a rookie is playing at a much more steady level than he ever did in 20+ starts. That says a lot more to me than a $3 million bonus.

Bulldog
10-24-2007, 08:24 AM
Owners calling the shots to save money instead of coaches/GM's making the best football decisions. Now there's a winning formula!

Opi, I know that you're a skeptical guy by nature. But do you honestly think this was a decision that was made to avoid paying Losman a $3 Million bonus? Based on his performance in the first few games, I highly doubt Losman would have hit the incentive numbers anyway. You'd be the first guy to jump all over the Bills organization if they started Losman this week and he player poorly against the Jets.

Elminster
10-24-2007, 08:27 AM
But what has he really done in those 2 seasons? He's looking more Todd Collins than Jimbo. Gotta give Trent the shot till he bumbles a couple games in a row. A ahky performance vs Baltimore doesn't faze me. IMO JP would have been demolished in that game. What I like is actually seeing him check down the different options till he gets the right receiver, tho an INT at the 14 or whatever isn't the best, lol. W's are what counts, and he is getting them. Really?
Todd Collins(14 games, 1997) 215/391 55% 2,367 yds. 12 TDs 13 INTs
Jim Kelly(16 games, 1988) 269/452 59.5% 3,380 yds. 15 TDs 17 INTs
JP Losman(16 games, 2006) 268/429 62.5% 3,050 yds. 19 TDs 14 INTs

He also lead successful 4th quarter comebacks, won games solely with his arm, and was praised for his leadership by his teammates. But let's bench him for Edwards, he's too expensive!:cynic:

And, for the record, I did watch the Steelers game. I saw JP make two bad throws, which is about a third of what I typically see Edwards make. The play-calling was even worse then than now, and we were playing teams with stellar pass defenses, long before our line gelled. The only time we passed a lot on a drive, we actually moved the ball very well.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-24-2007, 08:33 AM
Well then if this is pre-meditated on Ralph's part, NFL must invetigate whether Ty Warren gets paid by Ralph for that hit. That hit does look intentional, doesn't it?

OpIv37
10-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Opi, I know that you're a skeptical guy by nature. But do you honestly think this was a decision that was made to avoid paying Losman a $3 Million bonus? Based on his performance in the first few games, I highly doubt Losman would have hit the incentive numbers anyway. You'd be the first guy to jump all over the Bills organization if they started Losman this week and he player poorly against the Jets.

I think that after the Pats game, and even up to this point, neither QB has really distinguished themselves. Edwards has gotten the wins but his numbers and performance aren't any better than JP's and you could make the case to go with either guy. There are plenty of rumors from all sorts of sources about Ralph's involvement in the decision- do you honestly think he's been at practice every day to observe both QB's? And even if he was, he's a business guy- do you honestly trust his football opinion over Marv's and Jauron's? (well, maybe Jauron's but definitely not Marv's).

Let's put it this way- I don't think the bonuses were the sole reason for the decision. But I think Ralph made his preference for Edwards clear (based on JP's potential bonuses). Jauron and Marv obviously want to keep their boss happy so they had to at least figure it into their decision, and given that neither QB had really distinguished themselves, it may have been the deciding factor.

Tatonka
10-24-2007, 08:35 AM
It is comforting to know that this most likely has nothing to do with the decision.

yeah, im sure that 3 mill has NO BEARING on the choice at all.

:down:

Bufftp
10-24-2007, 08:36 AM
:BF1:

Of course some people think pocket presence is progessing through your reads so quickly and checking down that plays don't develop. Well at least it looks like poise...

Tatonka
10-24-2007, 08:42 AM

not to mention that trent has never stayed healthy in his college career..

trent will be hurt.. jp will be on the field again..

it is going to be almost comical if jp comes in and played well, like he did the majority of last year, and trent turns into a turd.. because at this point, jp is walking away from buffalo, no matter what..

and evans will be right behind him..

but hey, we will have an oft-injured qb that is averaging .25 TDs and 1 INT a game.. so we should be fine... because he looks "poised" and he has a "quick release".

mybills
10-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Really?
Todd Collins(14 games, 1997) 215/391 55% 2,367 yds. 12 TDs 13 INTs
Jim Kelly(16 games, 1988) 269/452 59.5% 3,380 yds. 15 TDs 17 INTs
JP Losman(16 games, 2006) 268/429 62.5% 3,050 yds. 19 TDs 14 INTs

He also lead successful 4th quarter comebacks, won games solely with his arm, and was praised for his leadership by his teammates. But let's bench him for Edwards, he's too expensive!:cynic:

And, for the record, I did watch the Steelers game. I saw JP make two bad throws, which is about a third of what I typically see Edwards make. The play-calling was even worse then than now, and we were playing teams with stellar pass defenses, long before our line gelled. The only time we passed a lot on a drive, we actually moved the ball very well.

None of that matters. After all, the same people who say he's had 4 years, are the same people who say he's had (26 starts) They can't have it both ways since there's (64 starts) in 4 years. :;

PIZ
10-24-2007, 08:52 AM
yeah, im sure that 3 mill has NO BEARING on the choice at all.

:down:

Just so you are aware, the Buffalo Bills Organization is a business. If a guy making 3 million isn't much better than a guy making half that, why pay him?

Tatonka
10-24-2007, 08:54 AM
thanks, captain obvious.

they are doing a real ****ty job at running their business.

LtBillsFan66
10-24-2007, 09:10 AM
Botton line as some have already said. If JP was lighting up the league, he wouldn't have been replaced. Were there finanancial reasons for the switch too? Perhaps. But they were probably weighing everything. And they probably noticed that Trent is at least equalling JPs play. At this stage, there appears to be more of an upside to Trent.

Stewie
10-24-2007, 09:16 AM
I think it's funny that the same people who would claim that Ralph is cheap and purposely cheating JP out of 3 million were the ones who complained about giving josh reed and peerless price signing bonuses.

Hello??

Tatonka
10-24-2007, 09:18 AM
no one is claiming that wilson is smart.

Gunzlingr
10-24-2007, 09:26 AM
I think it's funny that the same people who would claim that Ralph is cheap and purposely cheating JP out of 3 million were the ones who complained about giving josh reed and peerless price signing bonuses.

Hello??

and paying too much for Dockery and Langston Walker....

Michael82
10-24-2007, 09:37 AM

Wow! That explains it. No wonder he was pushed out of here by the drafting of Edwards. It's all about the money. :ill:

hurls
10-24-2007, 09:42 AM
I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, just asking a question.

mybills
10-24-2007, 09:43 AM
It's all about the money. :ill:
Yup. It's all about the money they spent on the OL that half performs. The QB controversy is just a distraction.

billsburgh
10-24-2007, 09:44 AM
None of that matters. After all, the same people who say he's had 4 years, are the same people who say he's had (26 starts) They can't have it both ways since there's (64 starts) in 4 years. :;
dont confuse us with high level math now.

mybills
10-24-2007, 09:48 AM
dont confuse us with high level math now.

:rofl: I stopped myself 38 times. :D

Mr. Pink
10-24-2007, 11:57 AM
I love how numerous posters on this thread claimed Ralph wasn't cheap repeatedly when others brought up the fact that he indeed is cheap.

Now that their golden boy has faltered and failed miserably, they're bringing in oh JP woulda got 3 million if he played and reached incentives? Ralphie must have pulled the plug on him because he's cheap.

The hypocrisy is super!

YardRat
10-24-2007, 06:00 PM
http://www.ihatecilantro.com/userpics/crying_baby_rbby_92.jpg

SABURZFAN
10-24-2007, 07:06 PM
Wow! That explains it. No wonder he was pushed out of here by the drafting of Edwards. It's all about the money. :ill:

:violin:

SABURZFAN
10-24-2007, 07:09 PM
I love how numerous posters on this thread claimed Ralph wasn't cheap repeatedly when others brought up the fact that he indeed is cheap.

Now that their golden boy has faltered and failed miserably, they're bringing in oh JP woulda got 3 million if he played and reached incentives? Ralphie must have pulled the plug on him because he's cheap.

The hypocrisy is super!

:goodpost: