PDA

View Full Version : Flea Flicker??

trapezeus
10-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Shouldn't the bills try this at least once? there are 8 people in the box, everyone expects the run, and evans or parrish are speedsters who love to just sprint. i feel just running the play gets the defense to respect the long ball. you don't even have to connect.

We should try it this week...although it seems like a waste on the jets.

BlackMetalNinja
10-24-2007, 08:50 AM
Shouldn't the bills try this at least once? there are 8 people in the box, everyone expects the run, and evans or parrish are speedsters who love to just sprint. i feel just running the play gets the defense to respect the long ball. you don't even have to connect.

We should try it this week...although it seems like a waste on the jets.

One step at a time... we just finally decided trying to throw the ball down the field was a good idea this past week.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-24-2007, 08:58 AM
I've always loved Flea Flickers, but I guess I would save it until we really need it.
If we are in playoff contention (ha ha ha) and need a TD to swing momentum, I am all for it.

trapezeus
10-24-2007, 09:15 AM
I hear what you are saying, but it seems like we don't have the run blocking to get the running game be effective enough, and we don't have the receivers to make the long ball work without a little trickery. So my theory is that the flea flicker gets the field to open a little. it opens up the running game, and it also allows you to run some delayed handoffs. Since pass blocking seems to be our strength, defenses would see the pass blocking coming, see the hand off, but would have to wait for a second to make sure there wasn't a flea flicker. this way, it opens the box up a little. Once you have this variety, then you can run traditional running plays and tradtional passing plays and the defense has to think about everything that you could possibly do.

this to me is more interesting than running the same 8 plays that we see week in week out.