PDA

View Full Version : Drank the Kool-aid; Startin' Edwards this week

GoBenGo
10-24-2007, 10:03 AM
I have a good feeling about your boy Edwards this week. Gotta like the Bills versus the Jests! I feel you gus will win, and to do so Edwards will finally find #83 downfield! He is due to open it up a bit and no other team to do it against than a 22nd ranked pass defense. They get torched for an average of 240 yards per game in the air. And give more than Santa with 11 TD's surrendered via the pass!
Even if they overcomp to stop the deep ball, or big play, Edwards will pick them apart for a dime at a time. I was very impressed with the way he goes through his reads. The guy has no fear. Standing in against good defenses , making his check-downs , and hitting his 2nd or 3rd option,while taking the hit. This is a Jest D not known for sacks, they only have seven, all but 4 teams have more. And you guys know what happens to a D that does not sack the QB ( Bills have 5).
Heck worst case scenario, he plays from behind and burns them in the prevent D.
The Die is cast; Topline of my FF team sheet:
<TABLE id=lineup_views cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 id=viewcol vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left> Bills QB</TD><TD align=middle>@ NYJ</TD><TD align=middle>http://images.sportsline.com/images/weather/icons15x20/4.gif
Sun 4:05pm
</TD><TD align=middle>6</TD><TD align=middle>5.5</TD><TD align=middle>8.6</TD><TD align=middle>18</TD><TD align=middle>4</TD><TD style="DISPLAY: none" align=middle>147</TD><TD style="DISPLAY: none" align=middle>96</TD><TD style="DISPLAY: none" align=middle>915</TD><TD style="DISPLAY: none" align=middle>5</TD><TD style="DISPLAY: none" align=middle>1</TD><TD style="DISPLAY: none" align=middle>0</TD><TD style="DISPLAY: none" align=middle>0</TD><TD style="DISPLAY: none" align=middle>145</TD><TD style="DISPLAY: none" align=middle>95</TD><TD style="DISPLAY: none" align=middle>1075</TD><TD style="DISPLAY: none" align=middle>8</TD><TD style="DISPLAY: none" align=middle>8</TD><TD style="DISPLAY: none">0</TD><TD>ACTIVE</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Be A Good Day for Edwards!

hurls
10-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Sounds like you have Evans, and for some odd reason, Edwards in Fantasy Football. J/K

GoBenGo
10-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Not Evans just Edwards.
Romo is my regular varsity. Had Campbell as backup but, he was a worse option IMO. 5 qbs were available in Free agency or waivers, Baltimore(boler megasux + bye), Atlanta(sux+ bye), 49ers(sux + hurt),Vikes( really sux + hurt).
i liked what I have seen of Edwards thus far. He is due to go downfield. He is more of a gamer than Campbell. I have also taken into account what I have read on these boards. Hopin you guys make me look like a genius in my ff league! :bad:

hurls
10-24-2007, 10:33 AM
LOL, I hope so too. I have a great pic of a chick with Big Ben underwear on it. If I can find it, I'll send it to you.

Wys Guy
10-24-2007, 10:38 AM
I have a good feeling about your boy Edwards this week. Gotta like the Bills versus the Jests!

Not sure about the Bills in this game as the one here was close and if it had not been for Greer's INT we would have lost.

As to having a good feeling about Edwards this week, I have a good feeling about every QB that plays the Jets each week. Boller looked good vs. them. So did Trent Green in his only decent game this season. In fact they looked better than Edwards who had a decent game.

The Jets D is ranked:

30th in QB rating
29th in Sacks
30th in yards-per-attempt
29th in completion percentage allowed (Edwards should excel) :D
and 26th in yards-per-game

GoBenGo
10-24-2007, 10:58 AM
LOL, I hope so too. I have a great pic of a chick with Big Ben underwear on it. If I can find it, I'll send it to you.
Can it top this hottie?
Yours is probably much better and different :idea: :oops:

hurls
10-24-2007, 11:01 AM
LMAO!! Same pic I was about to send you! It was titled, why QB's should have shorter names, lol.

Wys Guy
10-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Please tell me that pic has been doctored???

Bulldog
10-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Can it top this hottie?
Yours is probably much better and different :idea: :oops:

I'd hit it.

GoBenGo
10-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Please tell me that pic has been doctored???
She'll be seein' a few Doctors soon, probably.
She is a big fan.

hurls
10-24-2007, 11:17 AM
I'd hit it.

Ya, with an SUV, cuz that's what it'll take for her to feel it. :D

Bulldog
10-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Ya, with an SUV, cuz that's what it'll take for her to feel it. :D

That thing would do some serious damage to an SUV. Probably the equalvilant of hitting a deer. Or an elephant.

GoBenGo
10-24-2007, 01:16 PM
That thing would do some serious damage to an SUV. Probably the equalvilant of hitting a deer. Or an elephant.
would probably absorb and SUV, but I can see her chasin an elephant with knife and fork at the ready. :tailgate:

anyone else crave cottage cheese? :puke:

GoBenGo
10-25-2007, 09:09 AM
(http://www.nfl.com/players/leeevans/profile?id=EVA454901)Lee Evans (http://www.nfl.com/players/leeevans/profile?id=EVA454901) – Evans recorded five catches for 98 yards against a solid Ravens defense Sunday, so it looks like the switch to (http://www.nfl.com/players/leeevans/profile?id=EVA454901)Trent Edwards (http://www.nfl.com/players/trentedwards/profile?id=EDW720778) at quarterback may do more good than harm. Evans has had a disappointing season so far, but the Bills schedule has been littered with some of the toughest secondaries in the league. Moreover, Evans has shown a propensity over his career to improve as the season progresses. During the first half of the season, Evans has five touchdowns in 30 career games. During the second half, he has 19 touchdowns in 24 career games.
(http://www.nfl.com/players/leeevans/profile?id=EVA454901)
That's what I'm talkin' about! Bring on the second hhalf!
Make it happen, the second half is the most important. Finishing strong. Like A Steeler!

like it, like it like it