PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn NE39 have a better read of the BB QB situation?

trapezeus
10-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Why is the New England fan level headed and more understanding of our QB situation than some of our fans?

There are bills fans saying that we don't deserve to win games, that edwards doesnt convert 3rd downs (which is just beyond idiotic as he has longer drives than JP), that the poor play calling that made JP completely ineffective, yet still gets Edwards to get some points on the board.

Thank you NE39 for not mocking half the bills fans who have gotten so use to losing that they are afraid of being a decent team in the years to come. Freaking Stockholm Syndrome should be renamed, Buffalo Syndrome.

camelcowboy
10-24-2007, 10:42 AM
outsiders perspective is always more objective.

gr8slayer
10-24-2007, 10:44 AM
Not at all. Some of us don't pick sides, we just want to see wins no matter who in there and we tell it like we see it. Some people just can't handle the truth, that's when you start getting **** like "Trent Tards" and "Lickers."

gr8slayer
10-24-2007, 10:46 AM
Why is the New England fan level headed and more understanding of our QB situation than some of our fans?

There are bills fans saying that we don't deserve to win games, that edwards doesnt convert 3rd downs (which is just beyond idiotic as he has longer drives than JP), that the poor play calling that made JP completely ineffective, yet still gets Edwards to get some points on the board.

Thank you NE39 for not mocking half the bills fans who have gotten so use to losing that they are afraid of being a decent team in the years to come. Freaking Stockholm Syndrome should be renamed, Buffalo Syndrome.
If you are satisfied with Edwards thus far from a statistical stand point then you my friend are as big a fool as the people saying that we didn't deserve to win against the Ravens.

There's no such thing as; "we didn't deserve to win." That is a loser mentality and people like that should just quit at life while they can because they aren't going anywhere.

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 10:49 AM
haha! It certainly is when you agree with his opinion.

acehole
10-24-2007, 10:49 AM
(which is just beyond idiotic as he has longer drives than JP)

Marshan Lynch. S t a t s d o n t l i e..........

11 for 33 on third downs is a fact.

4 ints for every 1 TD is a fact.

Longest and only TD under 3 yards is a fact.

Longer drives then JP this year might be true this year...

Some of Jp's drives last year might have been shorter as well but funny thing is if you hit the long ones your drives will be shorter by nature ...and guess what JP has put up pionts at the end of his drives....so in conclusion I would rather have shorter drives that end in pionts then longer ones that end in INT'S!

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Longer drives then JP this year might be true this year...

Some of Jp's drives last year might have been shorter as well but funny thing is if you hit the long ones your drives will be shorter by nature ...and guess what JP has put up pionts at the end of his drives....so in conclusion I would rather have shorter drives that end in pionts then longer ones that end in INT'S!

it's longer when you dink and dunk. JP wasn't told to dink and dunk. He was told to either go deep on run Lynch for short yards.

gr8slayer
10-24-2007, 10:51 AM
haha! It certainly is when you agree with his opinion.
:snicker:

trapezeus
10-24-2007, 10:53 AM
but losman supporters hang these terms on anyone who thinks that Edwards is a better choice. i have no personal feelings towards edwards. i have no idea what kind of QB he will be. but i understand that QB's take a little time to develop. and the 3 years JP has had, he hasn't made himself the lights out better candidate.

If people are going to be crying about overpaying schobel, then you certainly have to be upset about overpaying losman. we're getting the same value (and in some cases, better value) with a cheaper guy.

acehole
10-24-2007, 10:54 AM
I want to win as well....and I still think JP when healthy give us the best chance to do that IMHO based on stats and what I see infront of me on a TV screen so far of Edwards. I will stand by that until I am proven wrong...and only then I will then admit I was wrong. I cant wait to see what unfolds on Sunday.

acehole
10-24-2007, 10:56 AM
but losman supporters hang these terms on anyone who thinks that Edwards is a better choice. i have no personal feelings towards edwards. i have no idea what kind of QB he will be. but i understand that QB's take a little time to develop. and the 3 years JP has had, he hasn't made himself the lights out better candidate.

If people are going to be crying about overpaying schobel, then you certainly have to be upset about overpaying losman. we're getting the same value (and in some cases, better value) with a cheaper guy.

This is a different kind of argument and it does have merrit. If you want to save the $$ then Edwards is your chioce. IF I am a FA being call by the Bills I will make them pay extra because of the way they treat players here....what money does that save?

Wys Guy
10-24-2007, 10:57 AM

There are bills fans saying that ... edwards doesnt convert 3rd downs (which is just beyond idiotic as he has longer drives than JP), that the poor play calling that made JP completely ineffective, yet still gets Edwards to get some points on the board.

I think you need to get a handle on your facts before speaking.

Our offense is producing at levels less than of what we did last year w/ JP with Edwards in there. Not suggesting either QB although I do feel that the plug was pulled on JP too quickly. Since when do new QBs get a handful of starts one season and then only one season of starting to "prove their worth" in the NFL from rookie status?

Our drives have also not been substantially longer if longer at all on average.

djjimkelly
10-24-2007, 10:58 AM
im just truly looking for this team to starting winning for real.

to be honest nothing either QB did so far this year has led me to believe either will do that.

1 note on edwards we will all see what hes made of soon dont know exactly when.

the scenario we will see that in is when we are down 10-14 points early and hes the one who has to rally the team. so far he hasnt had to do that in any game except the pats game (ill be nice and give him a pass on that game becuz he came off the bench)

the only tests trent has had have been to hold onto a lead and IMO hes been just ok. becuz in the end the D beat both the jets and ravens. i want to see what he does when the D has a bad game and with trent that is yet to happen.

till then i reserve true judgement on him i have my feeling but i could be proven wrong wouldnt be the first time

trapezeus
10-24-2007, 10:59 AM
i love that JP's strength is the long ball, yet we don't have enough receivers with talent to make it happen. we have dink and dunk receivers. Edwards isn't pennington, he can connect on the long ball. you saw that last week. I'm not sure why edwards is being held to a higher standard.

When the bills are down, and the JP is the guy, most times, i feel like "it's over." Even after the mcgahee run, edwards got the drive going, connected on a long throw and ended with a TD. Should he also resurrect Jesus? Would that help Edwards credibility.

The TOP is a huge issue. do you think there is any correlation to not getting too many more injuries on Defense, now that both units split time evenly? It's the skier's truth. you are fine skiing until your exhausted. and it's always when you get in that, "last run" menatlity that you get hurt. Same thing with the D. These guys were playing exhausted and getting injured. Now things are evening out a little.

JP needed to make in a non debate between him and a rookie. And he didn't do that. That's on him, and now the rookie gets to show his stuff. and if in three years we are with edwards who showed he couldn't grow up, then we bring in the next guy.

hurls
10-24-2007, 11:00 AM
I couldn't care less for stats. W's are what matters the most.

djjimkelly
10-24-2007, 11:02 AM
JP needed to make in a non debate between him and a rookie. And he didn't do that. That's on him, and now the rookie gets to show his stuff. and if in three years we are with edwards who showed he couldn't grow up, then we bring in the next guy.

i dont think he was ever given a real shake at that. even the titans game last year JP did score 30 and ive heard some people blame him for that game on this board

trapezeus
10-24-2007, 11:07 AM
I think you need to get a handle on your facts before speaking.

Our offense is producing at levels less than of what we did last year w/ JP with Edwards in there. Not suggesting either QB although I do feel that the plug was pulled on JP too quickly. Since when do new QBs get a handful of starts one season and then only one season of starting to "prove their worth" in the NFL from rookie status?

Our drives have also not been substantially longer if longer at all on average.

how can you base edwards this year to losman last year? they are different teams. This year losman showed no signs of being able to get the job done. he was putrid... and i'm not particularly wanting to wait til midseason for him to barely come on, and then have a debate on whether he's work an extension. It's over. he hasn't clearly outperformed a rookie. He played tough teams isn't an excuse. we want to win the big one. we have to beat big teams. JP didn't get it done, he hasn't gotten it done, and the time to make a change is obviously here. if edwards can come along this year, we can draft essential needse like DL and WRs.

It's just obtuse of people to quote last year's second half losman as the reason why he could perform at a supremely higher level than what we are getting now. Yes, it is cheaper. and with a cash to cap situation, that savings helps bring in other players.

Yes other players will expect a premium to play here until we start winning, but until we get out the dead weight and win games, we will NOT get the price of FA to come in any cheaper.

The team is following the right path right now and people who want the team to mess it up with Losman need to start rooting for the ravens or the jets. teams who have QB's who should be much better than they are and just need a couple more weeks to show everyone that they can win.

don137
10-24-2007, 11:11 AM
I want the "W" and will root for who ever is in there under center. I think people are very encouraged by Edwards but realize he has a very long way to go. However, he has a lot of intangibles. I am not conviced Edwards will be the starter for the rest of the season though.
No matter who is quarterbacking this OL better get its act together. If they did their job Buffalo could be 4-2. They need to get cohesive, understand the play calls & their assignments and be more effective run blocking. In the losses to Denver and Dallas all Buffalo had to do was get a couple first downs running the ball and they did not run block properly (plus throw in a bonehead call of a bomb on 3rd down which is not their fault).

Bulldog
10-24-2007, 11:14 AM
it's longer when you dink and dunk. JP wasn't told to dink and dunk. He was told to either go deep on run Lynch for short yards.

This notion that JP needs to be told to go short is crazy. He shouldn't have to be told anything at this point, which is why he's in the situation he's in now. Throw the god damn ball to the open WR. It's not like when Losman was the QB that Buffalo had all the WR's running go routes. Losman had the same options that Trent has, he just chose not to use them. It's called a QB going through his progressions, and when the first option(Evans) isn't open, you go to the second option and so forth. I'm not saying that Edwards is the saviour, but the lengths that some will go to to defend Losman is crazy.

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 11:39 AM
This notion that JP needs to be told to go short is crazy. He shouldn't have to be told anything at this point, which is why he's in the situation he's in now. Throw the god damn ball to the open WR. It's not like when Losman was the QB that Buffalo had all the WR's running go routes. Losman had the same options that Trent has, he just chose not to use them. It's called a QB going through his progressions, and when the first option(Evans) isn't open, you go to the second option and so forth. I'm not saying that Edwards is the saviour, but the lengths that some will go to to defend Losman is crazy.
when JP ran the no huddle twice last year he ran it to perfection and won 2 games for us. He mixed dinking and dunking with long balls. When the coaches start calling in plays, all of a sudden the O stalls.

So yes I agree with you, JP shouldn't be told...anything. Just let him play and make his own calls. That's all I've ever asked and if he still stinks then let him go.

After Dick sat down with his coaches, obviously Fairchild will go with the one who listens to him and not the one who criticized his playcalling. Wait til' Rdwards starts calling for better offensive playcalls, he'll be in the doghouse too.