PDA

View Full Version : 5 Sustained scoring drives!

Patrick76777
10-24-2007, 01:02 PM
You can toss that third down/Edwards thing out the window.

Now if you want to talk about Red Zone problems, I値l listen. But we致e had Red Zone issues for 10 years now. I知 not placing that blame on Edwards.

Ways to increase Red Zone success:

1. A WR over 6 foot tall for fades to the corner of the endzone.
2. A TE that can get open.
And
3. Creative play calling. I知 not talking about reverses or flea-flickers, but play actions and formations that fool the defense.

Another thing, sure Edwards and Losman have been having similar numbers. But they get there in different ways.

A typical Losman game involves, numerous 3 and outs, numerous sacks, happy feet, and first half stats of 6 for 15, 38 yards and a pick. Then in the second half he値l match his 38 yards, but then add a 65 yard pass to Evans for a TD and he値l finish 12-24 for 141 yards and 1 TD, 1 INT in a 23 to 7 loss.

Edwards on the other hand makes better decisions, checks down to keep the ball moving. Picks up first downs on first and second down and puts points on the board.

If you really look at the stats, Edwards could probably most improve his game towards the end of games. Come the fourth quarter, the offense seems to struggle to make plays. Perhaps it痴 coaching or rookie nerves or something along that line.

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Edwards on the other hand makes better decisions, checks down to keep the ball moving. Picks up first downs on first and second down and puts points on the board.

you forgot...wait for the D to bail out the O. What points are you talking about field goals?

you should point out the negatives and not just the positives otherwise it's half truth.

OpIv37
10-24-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm a Losman fan and I had high hopes for him this year, but I'm a fan of the Buffalo Bills more than any individual player and you can't argue with results. Right now, Edwards is getting them and JP isn't.

Good post.

camelcowboy
10-24-2007, 01:12 PM
you forgot...wait for the D to bail out the O. What points are you talking about field goals?

you should point out the negatives and not just the positives otherwise it's half truth.he has made better points then any of the losman supporters have made

OpIv37
10-24-2007, 01:14 PM

you should point out the negatives and not just the positives otherwise it's half truth.

you know I'm not one to be overly positive and Trent does have his drawbacks, but at this point I think the negatives on Trent and JP are about equal and Trent has more positives.

I would love to see JP do well, but he has never done anything with his opportunities. Granted, those "opportunities" have been limited by a lot of the garbage that goes on with this team (coaching changes, bad in game decisions, bad OL's, etc). But at the moment, Edwards is doing better in the same situation.

camelcowboy
10-24-2007, 01:16 PM
JP has led our offense to a grand total of 10 points in two games. If it wasn't for a huge kick return against the steelers and a Run by lynch where he carried 5 broncos 23 yards he probally would have been shut out.

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 01:24 PM
he has made better points then any of the losman supporters have made

what points? That when JP had a stable OL he had one of the best qb ratings in the league?

The OL in the first 2 games were not better than JP's OL in last years 2nd half of the season.

BlackMetalNinja
10-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Ways to increase Red Zone success:

1. A WR over 6 foot tall for fades to the corner of the endzone.
2. A TE that can get open.
And
3. Creative play calling. I知 not talking about reverses or flea-flickers, but play actions and formations that fool the defense.

This is something I very much agree with and for whom it doesn't matter which QB is in.

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 01:25 PM
you know I'm not one to be overly positive and Trent does have his drawbacks, but at this point I think the negatives on Trent and JP are about equal and Trent has more positives.

I would love to see JP do well, but he has never done anything with his opportunities. Granted, those "opportunities" have been limited by a lot of the garbage that goes on with this team (coaching changes, bad in game decisions, bad OL's, etc). But at the moment, Edwards is doing better in the same situation.
I would've loved to see that for myself. Trent has benefited from a better OL. Again I'm just avoiding another rebuilding situation if they are wrong about letting the right player go.

camelcowboy
10-24-2007, 01:27 PM
what points? That when JP had a stable OL he had one of the best qb ratings in the league?

The OL in the first 2 games were not better than JP's OL in last years 2nd half of the season. Don't blame the o-line, Pass protection is the only thing they have done well all year. JP has had time the first two games but held the ball way too damn long. When he has thrown it he's been bouncing balls or throwing it over peoples heads.

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 01:32 PM
Don't blame the o-line, Pass protection is the only thing they have done well all year. JP has had time the first two games but held the ball way too damn long. When he has thrown it he's been bouncing balls or throwing it over peoples heads.
not all year. Our pass protection sucked all the way to the Patriots game. When Trent tried to go deep against the cowboys he looked like Losman.