PDA

View Full Version : Losman Says Buying House a Mistake Today

raphael120
10-24-2007, 02:10 PM
WGR reports that Losman was talking to reporters about the situation and says "Hey, I guess they're taking a chance just like I took a chance and bought a house."

Evans also reported saying "I am wondering how much money has to do with this.."

Dissention begins.

This will get interesting.

Romes
10-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Looks like we will be drafting a WR on the first day come april.

RedEyE
10-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Losman is obviously bitter and understandably so. Evans is getting involved in something that he shouldn't. That's youth talking.

I honestly think that Losman will get another chance to prove himself and I think Losman plays a better game angry.

billser
10-24-2007, 02:22 PM
I dont understand this money talk....had Losman proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he should be the starter, theyd pay him...

billsburgh
10-24-2007, 02:25 PM
THE BICKERING BILLS ARE COMING BACK. WOO HOO

Ed
10-24-2007, 02:26 PM
I dont understand this money talk....had Losman proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he should be the starter, theyd pay him...

I think he might be referring to the $3 million bonus he's due depending on his playing/stats.

billser
10-24-2007, 02:32 PM
I think he might be referring to the $3 million bonus he's due depending on his playing/stats.

Ya, even that though...Edwards wouldnt be playing if Losman was out there putting together great games....im not hating on Losman, im actually a fan, but people speak as though its only an issue of money. I mean although thats a factor, its not the only thing.

Historian
10-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Send him to Miami for Taylor, Thomas and a dozen jock straps....

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 02:36 PM
JP should've bashed the city instead of embracing it and he would've been rewarded.

trapezeus
10-24-2007, 02:38 PM
maybe $3MM is an issue. but why pay for something that hasn't been earned. if it was your money as an owner and you had wealth, wouldn't you want to pay the guys who earned it?

Evans can be pissed, but if he plays well and has games like the ravens game, owners will pay you $ for that. If he wants his position here, he can perform and he can get it. Losman hasn't done that.

Again, i like Losman, i wanted him to succeed. but there is currently a better option. why fight it and make excuses for it. it is what it is. Edwards gives us the best chance to win.

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 02:41 PM
maybe $3MM is an issue. but why pay for something that hasn't been earned. .
:huh:

jamze132
10-24-2007, 02:41 PM
If we are going to keep Evans past next season, we are going to have to release or trade JP in the offseason. While Lee still plays here, time will heal his wounds, if you will. if we are going to stick with Trent, then the FO needs to get JP onto a new team. I suspect they will let him seek out a trade partner in the offseason.

If we pony up and pay lee, which is the right thing to do, he will be a good little soldier and a great reciever. I just hope he doesn't get blackballed for supporting and defending JP.

Ed
10-24-2007, 02:44 PM
maybe $3MM is an issue. but why pay for something that hasn't been earned. if it was your money as an owner and you had wealth, wouldn't you want to pay the guys who earned it?

Evans can be pissed, but if he plays well and has games like the ravens game, owners will pay you $ for that. If he wants his position here, he can perform and he can get it. Losman hasn't done that.

Again, i like Losman, i wanted him to succeed. but there is currently a better option. why fight it and make excuses for it. it is what it is. Edwards gives us the best chance to win.
Well I'm assuming that Evans doesn't think Edwards gives them the best chance to win, so therefore it looks like to him that they're not giving Losman a chance to earn that bonus because they have a cheaper alternative.

HHURRICANE
10-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Let me make this easy for everyone. This isn't about paying Losman. Every media outlet thinks Edwards should be starting, including our own local paper.

Can we get past the conspiracy theories?

The truth of the matter is that JP has never played great. At times he has played well but has never looked that comfortable under center.

JP knows better than anybody especially how he was given the job after Bledsoe left.

shelby
10-24-2007, 02:45 PM
i like Losman, and i feel badly that he embraced the city of Buffalo in hopes of having a long and successful career here. It's sad for him, but the NFL is a business, and people unfortunately lose their jobs every day. i'm sure he's disappointed and upset about the decision.

As to Evans, he probably feels he is supporting "his" QB by speaking out. The reality is, he needs to accept the decision that's been made and do his best to have a great season.

Historian
10-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Okay...just the jock straps!

:idunno:

trapezeus
10-24-2007, 02:50 PM
:huh:

not sure what's confusing. With Losman's track record, would you want to pay $3MM for mediocrity, when you can develop someone who has done better for much less and has the potential to be much better?

Ralph is cheap in some areas (namely coaches), but playing players who perform has not been his issue of late. The players the bills have let walk have been busts elsewhere. He paid the TD experiemnt of free agents. we haven't had a holdout from our draft picks.

Losman's $3mm just to take snaps and not perform at an elite level is a waste of time now. we know what kind of player he is. He's got happy feet, he can't make a decision to keep drives alive, and occassionally, he hits on the long ball.

If losman wants to cry that he hates buffalo and that he really tried to embrace the city and we hate him, that's his juvenile right to do so. Jim kelly originally disliked buffalo, was a pain in the ass and people didn't like him. Then he started winning games and then we embraced him. And he rewarded us with more good play and charity work. Don't come here and do all the right things politically and then not perform.

the same three losman fans keep popping up in threads yelling that the team is making a mistake.

Evans is worried. Fine. As long as he plays well and gets open and the ball, which he has moreso under trent than JP this season, he'll get his check and he'll be fine.

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 02:51 PM
time will heal his wounds, if you will. not in this business where you the team loves you one today and then trades you the next day.

CASH heals all wounds. You wanna keep Evans? show him the money!!!!

raphael120
10-24-2007, 03:11 PM
"You never know what the deciding factor is." -Evans

"You look at your life in chapters, like oh ill be here for three years...and then I'll buy a house....oops!" - JP

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 03:18 PM
not sure what's confusing. With Losman's track record, would you want to pay $3MM for mediocrity, when you can develop someone who has done better for much less and has the potential to be much better?

Ralph is cheap in some areas (namely coaches), but playing players who perform has not been his issue of late. The players the bills have let walk have been busts elsewhere. He paid the TD experiemnt of free agents. we haven't had a holdout from our draft picks.

Losman's $3mm just to take snaps and not perform at an elite level is a waste of time now. we know what kind of player he is. He's got happy feet, he can't make a decision to keep drives alive, and occassionally, he hits on the long ball.

If losman wants to cry that he hates buffalo and that he really tried to embrace the city and we hate him, that's his juvenile right to do so. Jim kelly originally disliked buffalo, was a pain in the ass and people didn't like him. Then he started winning games and then we embraced him. And he rewarded us with more good play and charity work. Don't come here and do all the right things politically and then not perform.

the same three losman fans keep popping up in threads yelling that the team is making a mistake.

Evans is worried. Fine. As long as he plays well and gets open and the ball, which he has moreso under trent than JP this season, he'll get his check and he'll be fine.JP guy has never taken a day off even in offseason. Compared to guys like Rob Johnson and any qb that's ever played for the bills, JP has earned his pay. Whether he's earned it on gameday is something that is yet to manifest in years to come when the question is answered, was it the coaches fault or was it JP. Stay tuned.

As for Evans, he himself said JP deserves another shot because they guy worked his ass off and shouldn't lose his job this way. He knows how hard JP worked and has the caoches that they've sounded like a broken record when talking about his work ethic . So for you to say he hasn't earned it is a matter of opinion.

RedEyE
10-24-2007, 03:19 PM
JP guy has never taken a day off even in offseason. Compared to guys like Rob Johnson and any qb that's ever played for the bills, JP has earned his pay. Whether he's earned it on gameday is something that is yet to manifest in years to come when the question is answered, was it the coaches fault or was it JP. Stay tuned.

As for Evans, he himself said JP deserves another shot because they guy worked his ass off and shouldn't lose his job this way. He knows how hard JP worked and has the caoches that they've sounded like a broken record when talking about his work ethic . So for you to say he hasn't earned it is a matter of opinion.

I agree with Losman's work ethic. One of the best I've seen from a young player.

RedEyE
10-24-2007, 03:22 PM
You know, another side to this is after the Everett injury, Losman just looked completely shaken all the time soon after. Like he couldn't get the injury out of his head. His interviews were flat and painful to watch.

trapezeus
10-24-2007, 03:22 PM
this isn't little league. trying and working hard is only part of the equation. you need to put the full package out, and he hasn't done that. 3 years is a long time. and yes, the investment hasn't paid off for us. someone else is going to take on this risk. and that's their investment. it's over for JP and the Bills

Evans is fine. it sucks to see friends fail. but sometimes you need to pay attention to yourself before you get wrapped up in other situations. if evans performs, he will be paid.

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 03:29 PM
this isn't little league. trying and working hard is only part of the equation. you need to put the full package out, and he hasn't done that. 3 years is a long time. and yes, the investment hasn't paid off for us. someone else is going to take on this risk. and that's their investment. it's over for JP and the Bills.
I don't disagree. Until we're sure that Fairchild isn't the problem , it's too soon to say JP didn't earn it. He wasn't the one who chose Moolarkey and Farichild.

Evans is fine. it sucks to see friends fail. but sometimes you need to pay attention to yourself before you get wrapped up in other situations. if evans performs, he will be paid.

apparently, as good as he is , he knows he'll be fine with some other team as well. He's seen most of his mentors like Moulds bid farewell. He knows Moulds would've had the same stats as Harrison had Moulds had a stable qb throwing to him. I'm hopin that Lee is blind to all of that but I doubt it.

Mr. Miyagi
10-24-2007, 03:30 PM
I hope JP succeeds wherever he goes.

Trade him to Green Bay. Favre will be retiring and Aaron Rodgers sucks. Then I'll adopt the Cheeseheads as my second team.

Perfect solution - for me.

RedEyE
10-24-2007, 03:32 PM
I hope JP succeeds wherever he goes.

Trade him to Green Bay. Favre will be retiring and Aaron Rodgers sucks. Then I'll adopt the Cheeseheads as my second team.

Perfect solution - for me.

He's not gone yet. The episode might be over but the story continues. If Edwards tanks the next 2-3 weeks or God forbids falls to an injury, then Losman is right back in this thing.

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 03:35 PM
He's not gone yet. The episode might be over but the story continues. If Edwards tanks the next 2-3 weeks or God forbids falls to an injury, then Losman is right back in this thing. Egad. That's gonna be an even bigger mess. That's gonna make pandoras box look like she douched.

RedEyE
10-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Egad. That's gonna be an even bigger mess. That's gonna make pandoras box look like she douched.

:rofl:

True, but tell me you can't see that happening. Jauron stated today that he likes both QBs and that they are basically heading in the direction of the one that's been most recently productive. I think he holds Edwards in higher regards because he drafted him, but he has no loyalties to either player IMO.

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 03:44 PM
:rofl:

True, but tell me you can't see that happening..
I refuse to. I'm getting killed here for wanting to make sure we don't send the wrong qb away. I have become the enemy to those posters that once defended JP more than I did in the past. I'm not even a JPD.

I have gone from a bills homer status who people accused of thinking MArv was perfect to OP status.

Historian
10-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Ok...just take him!

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Regardless of how well Edwards performs, I wil never understand why the game plans for the offense changed from the last half of last season to now.

Or why, if the coaches did not think JP was smart enough, the Bills brought him back this year.

Romes
10-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Regardless of how well Edwards performs, I wil never understand why the game plans for the offense changed from the last half of last season to now.

Or why, if the coaches did not think JP was smart enough, the Bills brought him back this year.

I think
a) they simply just screwed up the game plans
b) they think he is smart enough but Edwards is smarter

Oaf
10-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Dissention begins.

No it won't. This will get ugly.

I'd be pissed to if I didn't get my shot to earn 3 mill, take my team back, and prove I could play.

Oaf
10-24-2007, 04:35 PM

A set up for JP to fall? :scratch:

Michael82
10-24-2007, 04:49 PM
That's what it sounds like to me and that's upsetting. This all smells of Ralph being cheap again.... :ill:

Typ0
10-24-2007, 04:58 PM

That's a load of crap. I'll give you good reasons why the playbook changed:

1) Different personell.
2) Different schedule.
3) You have to change up in the league to stay ahead of defenses.

mybills
10-24-2007, 05:01 PM

You're not alone. I'm so sick of them I could spit.
If I do go watch them this week, I won't be wearing Bills gear, and my car will be stripped of every Bills item on it.
I'll redecorate it when they prove they really aren't ******ed. :dizzy:

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2007, 05:12 PM
WGR reports that Losman was talking to reporters about the situation and says "Hey, I guess they're taking a chance just like I took a chance and bought a house."

Evans also reported saying "I am wondering how much money has to do with this.."

Dissention begins.

I heard two soundbites on GR this afternoon. Losman was talking about the decision and saying something about making decisions and said "like buying a house, oops." or something like that. He seemed to say it as a joke.

As for Evans, as with his stance on JP he was asked a question and answered it. For God's sake, can't anybody even answer a question anymore without people reading 4900 things into it? He was asked if JP was healthy, who does he think should get the starting job. He replied JP because he lost his job to injury. What player wants to think that if they get injured that they will lose their job. Of course, everyone here takes it "Well, JP throws a better deep ball; Evans only can catch deep balls; if Evans gets more deep balls, he will get more TDs and get more money; he doesn't like Trent; etc. Now you have this quote that when taken as it is sounds like he is questioning the whole organization. Well, he was asked if he thought that money played a part in the decision. He said he didn't know, but he was sure that all kinds of factors played into the decision and that he wondered if money may have played a part.

Funny thing is, a lot of people have always said they wanted a player that would just tell the truth. Someone that would just be honest. Of course, every time a player has told the truth, they have been crucified by the fans.

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2007, 05:14 PM
That's what it sounds like to me and that's upsetting. This all smells of Ralph being cheap again.... :ill:

Yeah, those contracts to Dockery and Walker were real cheap! :rolleyes:

kinigirly
10-24-2007, 05:15 PM
lol poor guy. luckily jp seems to have emotionally matured alot in the past year. at least he's able to laugh it off and kinda say **** me, ah well what are you gonna do? a year ago he would have been much more bitter and hurt. playing for this organization must desensitize you to mental anguish so i think he'll be alright. i guess he could always run for mayor of buffalo if he wants to keep the house?

Night Train
10-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Oh please.

Many of us have real jobs & families with yearly economic challenges.
I'm supposed to feel sorry for professional athletes ?

A reach of epic proportions.

Elminster
10-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Oh please.

Many of us have real jobs & families with yearly economic challenges.
I'm supposed to feel sorry for professional athletes ?

A reach of epic proportions.
So since I'm a college student and thus make no money, I shouldn't have sympathy for you if you get layed off because you make a lot more money than me?

Night Train
10-24-2007, 05:35 PM
So since I'm a college student and thus make no money, I shouldn't have sympathy for you if you get layed off because you make a lot more money than me?

Nope

Yasgur's Farm
10-24-2007, 05:42 PM
JP guy has never taken a day off even in offseason. Compared to guys like Rob Johnson and any qb that's ever played for the bills, JP has earned his pay. Whether he's earned it on gameday is something that is yet to manifest in years to come when the question is answered, was it the coaches fault or was it JP. Stay tuned.

As for Evans, he himself said JP deserves another shot because they guy worked his ass off and shouldn't lose his job this way. He knows how hard JP worked and has the caoches that they've sounded like a broken record when talking about his work ethic . So for you to say he hasn't earned it is a matter of opinion.Exactly... Which is why JP doesn'r deserve the Rob Johnson comparisons... Or the "he sucks" comments... Or even the mediocrity spewings. He's given his all at all times. It will be a shame watching him lead the Lions to the NFC championship!

North_Coast
10-24-2007, 05:43 PM
No it won't. This will get ugly.

I'd be pissed to if I didn't get my shot to earn 3 mill, take my team back, and prove I could play.

After I proved I could play, I'd refuse to sign an extension and test the FA market ... I would never trust this team again.

As for Evans, I think he'll go the FA route. Sorry, but the Bills "try not to lose the game" offense isn't the kind that's going to get a WR into the playoffs with regularity (if at all) and certainly won't get him consideration for post-season trips to Hawaii.

camelcowboy
10-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Evans should stop flapping his jaw to the media and work on getting on the same page as trent. Real good captain here.

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Evans should stop flapping his jaw to the media and work on getting on the same page as trent. Real good captain here.

Yeah, I guess when he is asked a question, especially on his own show, he should just say "no comment". That should make for a great show.

camelcowboy
10-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Yeah, I guess when he is asked a question, especially on his own show, he should just say "no comment". That should make for a great show. I loved this kid, but this year he took a leadership role and just hearing him talk to media on his radio he has really rubbed me the wrong way.

YardRat
10-24-2007, 05:56 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/images/300/baby_crying_closeup.jpg

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2007, 05:57 PM
I loved this kid, but this year he took a leadership role and just hearing him talk to media on his radio he has really rubbed me the wrong way.

He is asked his opinion on who he wants and give it. I like Lee, even if I don't necessarily agree with his assessment of the QB situation. I think he is a very good WR (a #1 too), and seems to be a high moral character guy, as well as intelligent. I also remember him chasing down the DB who intercepted Trent against Dallas and stripping him of the ball. They guy has heart. He was also blindsided when he went after the CB who picked off Trent against Baltimore.

Typ0
10-24-2007, 06:18 PM
JP did not lose his job to injury it was only rushed along a few weeks by injury. JP never did anything to earn the job anyway.

camelcowboy
10-24-2007, 06:38 PM
He is asked his opinion on who he wants and give it. I like Lee, even if I don't necessarily agree with his assessment of the QB situation. I think he is a very good WR (a #1 too), and seems to be a high moral character guy, as well as intelligent. I also remember him chasing down the DB who intercepted Trent against Dallas and stripping him of the ball. They guy has heart. He was also blindsided when he went after the CB who picked off Trent against Baltimore. he is a leader on this how do these comments help the team? What kind of example is he setting for the young players. I don't agree, he doesn't get paid for his opinions if he wants to be sounding board maybe he should take an early retirement with Tiki Barber.

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2007, 06:45 PM
he is a leader on this how do these comments help the team? What kind of example is he setting for the young players. I don't agree, he doesn't get paid for his opinions if he wants to be sounding board maybe he should take an early retirement with Tiki Barber.

Pretty naive thinking. He has a show that he gets paid for. Is he supposed to spew out the same old crap that "we're trying as hard as we can", "we're taking it one game at a time", "we are trying to be competative". Yeah, that will be great, and then people will just say he is just spewing the company line. At least he has opinions and isn't afraid to air them. It isn't like he said that Edwards sucks and shouldn't be on the team.

camelcowboy
10-24-2007, 06:59 PM
Pretty naive thinking. He has a show that he gets paid for. Is he supposed to spew out the same old crap that "we're trying as hard as we can", "we're taking it one game at a time", "we are trying to be competative". Yeah, that will be great, and then people will just say he is just spewing the company line. At least he has opinions and isn't afraid to air them. It isn't like he said that Edwards sucks and shouldn't be on the team. No lets tell the media that he thinks it may have something to do with money. There a difference between having a opinion and knowing when to shut your pie hole. Im sorry its stupid.

G. Host
10-24-2007, 07:00 PM

Whether he has earned it is a matter of contract not opinion. Opinions can be just "because". First round picks get paid a lot on potential and sometimes teams overpay and sometimes they underpay. If he does not like that he needs to talk to his agent and the union about changing the rules.

G. Host
10-24-2007, 07:05 PM
I think
a) they simply just screwed up the game plans
b) they think he is smart enough but Edwards is smarter

It is NOT brains, it is reacting under pressure.
JP's short range ball is poor (said so since beginning) and this makes handling pressure even harder for he can not "dink and dunk" as if being able to "dink and dunk" is a bad thing.

Tatonka
10-24-2007, 07:44 PM
I refuse to. I'm getting killed here for wanting to make sure we don't send the wrong qb away. I have become the enemy to those posters that once defended JP more than I did in the past. I'm not even a JPD.

I have gone from a bills homer status who people accused of thinking MArv was perfect to OP status.

i hear you.

Tatonka
10-24-2007, 07:48 PM
I heard two soundbites on GR this afternoon. Losman was talking about the decision and saying something about making decisions and said "like buying a house, oops." or something like that. He seemed to say it as a joke.

As for Evans, as with his stance on JP he was asked a question and answered it. For God's sake, can't anybody even answer a question anymore without people reading 4900 things into it? He was asked if JP was healthy, who does he think should get the starting job. He replied JP because he lost his job to injury. What player wants to think that if they get injured that they will lose their job. Of course, everyone here takes it "Well, JP throws a better deep ball; Evans only can catch deep balls; if Evans gets more deep balls, he will get more TDs and get more money; he doesn't like Trent; etc. Now you have this quote that when taken as it is sounds like he is questioning the whole organization. Well, he was asked if he thought that money played a part in the decision. He said he didn't know, but he was sure that all kinds of factors played into the decision and that he wondered if money may have played a part.

Funny thing is, a lot of people have always said they wanted a player that would just tell the truth. Someone that would just be honest. Of course, every time a player has told the truth, they have been crucified by the fans.

im not crucifying evans.. i think he is right.

Tatonka
10-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Exactly... Which is why JP doesn'r deserve the Rob Johnson comparisons... Or the "he sucks" comments... Or even the mediocrity spewings. He's given his all at all times. It will be a shame watching him lead the Lions to the NFC championship!

that would be pretty sweet for him actually.. i hope he gets to go there..

raphael120
10-24-2007, 07:53 PM

Welcome to the dark side.

Bills4Life83
10-24-2007, 08:03 PM
JP was given the keys to the offense and he couldnt figure out how to keep it in drive. I think this is a decision that makes sense. We all hope that every QB will be the best ever, now we can just hope that about Edwards instead of JP.

Philagape
10-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Until we're sure that Fairchild isn't the problem

Serious question: How do we determine that? Seems to me that the only way to answer that is if JP plays under someone else. As long as JP and Fairchild are both here, and he plays, then how do we divide the credit if he does well or blame if he does poorly? If JP does well, how do we know Trent could not have also done well in the same game? Especially against some of the bad defenses that are coming up?
Your question is legitimate, but I don't see how it's possible to answer because there are so many hypotheticals.

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 08:20 PM
Serious question: How do we determine that?. Let JP play and run his own O. He was successful with that last year when Fairchild let JP throw all day. JP was successful was running the no huddle too especially in clutch situations (2 minute O) while TE has blown one and almost blew another.

But to me it's useless. The coaches have already decided who their future is. JP already has one foot out the door.

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Let JP play and run his own O. He was successful with that last year when Fairchild let JP throw all day. JP was successful was running the no huddle too especially in clutch situations (2 minute O) while TE has blown one and almost blew another.

But to me it's useless. The coaches have already decided who their future is. JP already has one foot out the door.

I don't know if TE has blown any 2 minute O situations. Actually, we have been ahead in all three of his starts late, so they should have been ultra conservative in those situations. In his defense, he took responsibility for that INT vs the Ravens. I DO like that.

To be honest, I like several things in Trent that I haven't seen in JP at all. One is his coolness under pressure, another is his ability to hit some of the short throws, and third is his demeanor with the media (which has nothing to do with football I know). I also believe that given time to grow and a decent offense to grow in that Trent could become a VERY good QB. I just don't know if he is the best option RIGHT NOW. I was ready in the middle of the Houston game last year to ride JP out of town, but then he showed something in a couple games. Was it enough? I don't know. Is he being treated fairly? IMO no, but it doesn't really matter. I think I honestly would like to see JP have a few more games to see how he reacts. I certainly don't think we can have both QBs on the roster next year, but I would like to see him given one more chance. As decent as they have played lately, I don't really see them having a chance doing anything this year and they might as well see if JP will be worth anything to anybody next year.

Wys Guy
10-24-2007, 09:03 PM

Dissention begins.

Well, no one can say that the organization hasn't earned this.

RockStar36
10-24-2007, 09:09 PM
I didn't read the thread and it's not like I care a whole hell of a lot, but in the AP article about Edwards winning the job it made special mention about how Losman was due certain roster bonuses after this season with playing time and how he was looking to solidify himself this season to get a long term contract. You have to keep that in the back of your mind, especially with how the team seems to be at spending money sometimes.

PromoTheRobot
10-25-2007, 09:39 AM
He's not gone yet. The episode might be over but the story continues. If Edwards tanks the next 2-3 weeks or God forbids falls to an injury, then Losman is right back in this thing.
We do play the Patriots again. Vince Wilfork could have another "accident".

PTR

justasportsfan
10-25-2007, 10:08 AM
I don't know if TE has blown any 2 minute O situations. Actually, we have been ahead in all three of his starts late, so they should have been ultra conservative in those situations. In his defense, he took responsibility for that INT vs the Ravens. I DO like that..He's never had to run the 2 min. O.

To be honest, I like several things in Trent that I haven't seen in JP at all. One is his coolness under pressure, another is his ability to hit some of the short throws, and third is his demeanor with the media (which has nothing to do with football I know). I also believe that given time to grow and a decent offense to grow in that Trent could become a VERY good QB..I agree.

I just don't know if he is the best option RIGHT NOW. I was ready in the middle of the Houston game last year to ride JP out of town, but then he showed something in a couple games. Was it enough? I don't know. Is he being treated fairly? IMO no, but it doesn't really matter. I think I honestly would like to see JP have a few more games to see how he reacts. I certainly don't think we can have both QBs on the roster next year, but I would like to see him given one more chance. As decent as they have played lately, I don't really see them having a chance doing anything this year and they might as well see if JP will be worth anything to anybody next year..

All the BS that both Dick and Fairchild told us about how good JP is and is gonna get better that they really believe JP will be a good qb and then when the O fails in the first 2 games ,all of a sudden takes a turn becuse the O failed miserably in the first 3 games.

Dick said it himself towards the end of preseason "I WISH WE HAD MORE TIME". That means his O wasn't ready. He and Fairchild should be accountable for that but instead they needed a scapegoat. JP WAS IT.

Historian
10-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Okay...we'll pick up a million of his salary if the fish take him off our hands.

We'll even throw in a tutor, and a set of brooms from Valu for his street sweeping campaign. Lord knows the city of Miami could use it!

This is our final offer!

TacklingDummy
10-25-2007, 11:37 AM
THE BICKERING BILLS ARE COMING BACK. WOO HOO

The Bickering Bills had talent and produced.

baalworship
10-25-2007, 11:50 AM
I like what I have seen from Edwards so far but his knock coming out of college was he was "injury prone". If he gets knocked out and Losman comes back in...

Why does following the Bills seem like watching a badly written soap opera?

raphael120
10-25-2007, 11:54 AM
I want 2 TD's through the air this weekend or I'm official giving up on the offense situation. If you can't put up points against the Jets through the air, you're pretty pathetic. I want to see our red zone offense fixed and I want to see us punching it in the end zone. We had the highest offensive point production last week against one of the best defenses in the NFL, I want to see some of those FG's turn into TD's this week.

I think the switch to Trent does a lot of things. First, it renews interest in the team. Second, it gives a flyer to Jauron & Co. this season if they end up stinkin it up the rest of the season. One thing that I will point out is that if we continue to suck through the air throughout the rest of the season, I will not point to rookie inexperience as the culprit, but the horrible play calling when we get to the endzone. If the coaches have shown one thing, its that theyre more comfortable putting alot on the plate of Edwards. Now Edwards has shown his ability to execute pretty well given the situations. But I think if he's given the best playcalls in the redzone, some creative calls, some suprising calls that will catch the defense sleeping, we will put up points in the air. I think Fairchild has to know that to put all the dissent to rest is to let Trent air the ball out and show confidence in him to throw in the red zone (only please God don't ever EVER call that out route to Evans again!).

If we stutter on offense this Sunday, I think it will be the beginning of the end of this coaching staff. I almost think that jauron shouldnt be given a pass on the whole rookie thing because guess what, he's the one who chose Edwards and he knew he would make rookie mistakes and Jauron should be able to account for that and also compensate in someother way if he's the best shot at us to win. Like Coach Sal said...this is the bed you made, no you have to lay in it, for better or for worse, and even in losses, they better give Edwards the best opportunity to not look like idiots for starting him.

raphael120
10-25-2007, 11:55 AM
I like what I have seen from Edwards so far but his knock coming out of college was he was "injury prone". If he gets knocked out and Losman comes back in...

Why does following the Bills seem like watching a badly written soap opera?

You would be injury prone too if you got 300 pound men falling on you 10 times a game. I think it's not so much he's prone to it, but he was being put in a situation (horrible oline) that would make superman injury prone. As much as our oline has had knocks on it, one thing it has excelled at was pass protection.

Bill Cody
10-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Pretty naive thinking. He has a show that he gets paid for. Is he supposed to spew out the same old crap that "we're trying as hard as we can", "we're taking it one game at a time", "we are trying to be competative". Yeah, that will be great, and then people will just say he is just spewing the company line. At least he has opinions and isn't afraid to air them. It isn't like he said that Edwards sucks and shouldn't be on the team.

It seems to me you're the one that's naive. Evans primary employer and primary loyalty has to be to his team not a TV show that he gets paid tip money to do. And it's not his job to pick who plays and who doesn't or to create disension by publicly questioning team management. Why not say "I'm confident in both guys ability to get the job done at QB and whoever is playing I'll do my best to help him succeed". That's what a team leader would say.

jamze132
10-25-2007, 01:43 PM
not in this business where you the team loves you one today and then trades you the next day.

CASH heals all wounds. You wanna keep Evans? show him the money!!!!
If you didn't cut out the rest of my quote, you would find that I said the exaxt same thing! :hitself:

Albany,n.y.
10-25-2007, 05:57 PM
JP paid over $600 grand for his house & with the market tanking across the country, he's going to take a beating on any resale of his house. At the time he bought it, he figured he'd be here for a decade & the current resale value wasn't an issue. Now he will have to sell it and move to another city. With reduced future earnings, JP is really feeling it in the pocketbook.

TacklingDummy
10-26-2007, 06:18 AM
JP paid over $600 grand for his house & with the market tanking across the country, he's going to take a beating on any resale of his house. At the time he bought it, he figured he'd be here for a decade & the current resale value wasn't an issue. Now he will have to sell it and move to another city. With reduced future earnings, JP is really feeling it in the pocketbook.

Oh well.

SABURZFAN
10-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Let JP play and run his own O.

:roflmao:

you make it sound as if Lossman's the next Kelly.the only reason that Kelly ran his own offense was because Levy and Marchibroda had all the confidence in the world to let Jimbo do his thing.Lossman hasn't done anything to warrant that freedom.

deepslant
10-26-2007, 02:41 PM
If we are going to keep Evans past next season, we are going to have to release or trade JP in the offseason. While Lee still plays here, time will heal his wounds, if you will. if we are going to stick with Trent, then the FO needs to get JP onto a new team. I suspect they will let him seek out a trade partner in the offseason.

If we pony up and pay lee, which is the right thing to do, he will be a good little soldier and a great reciever. I just hope he doesn't get blackballed for supporting and defending JP.
Agreed. Evans won't get blackballed and it will all be forgotten when JP is gone (if Edwards survives the whole year).

Surprised Losman is using the house 'whoops' tactics so early into it. Suppose it won't fly if TE wins the next 3 games and no one will know who JP is on the bench?

Typ0
10-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Let JP play and run his own O. He was successful with that last year when Fairchild let JP throw all day. JP was successful was running the no huddle too especially in clutch situations (2 minute O) while TE has blown one and almost blew another.

I guess it's not even a thought for a lot of people that the way to beat the Pats and stillers is with ball control not 3 and outs.

Billscusey
10-27-2007, 03:42 AM

Dissention begins.

Evans needs to shut his mouth and pick the "right" side of this growing battle. Honoring a friend is one thing, but this is the frickin' NFL man! The only true "side" of this debate should be the "team!"