PDA

View Full Version : A plea to Lee Evans - shut it!!!

Drev8
10-24-2007, 02:44 PM
First let me say I'm a big fan of Lee Evans. I've had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times in Toronto. I thought he was humble, gracious, and just seemed like a generally cool guy.

But his constant musings about JP getting shafted, and now his suggestion that money has something to do with the switch to Trent, has got to stop immediately. And why are these coaches allowing him to talk like this? I can appreciate his loyalty to JP, and it's totally understandable, but at this point, now that the decision has been made, the dude has to keep to himself and support Trent. Whining is only going to fracture the team, and it won't get JP back in there now.

shelby
10-24-2007, 02:47 PM
i agree 100 %.
:goodpost:

HHURRICANE
10-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Totally agree.

PcA125
10-24-2007, 02:48 PM
I agree with you. I know that he likes JP and all, and I dont care how classy/ polite he is when he says that JP should be the starter, but i mean come on. Dont throw your rookie QB under the bus. Lee is getting better numbers now anyways. Granted JP only really played in the first two games.

Just shut up and play, Trent will get better and you will get more passes thrown to you.

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 02:49 PM
He's mouthed off more than Mouilds did. I guess bills fans agree that Evans should be traded.

Anyone with me?

Carlton Bailey
10-24-2007, 02:51 PM
I had Evans pegged as a rare WR who kept his mouth shut and just played. What a fool I was.

NJFINSFAN1
10-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Can't trade him until he gets his value back up, and that has taken a hit this year so far. I took him in fantasy and dropped him a last week, he has done nothing.

trapezeus
10-24-2007, 02:53 PM
He's mouthed off more than Mouilds did. I guess bills fans agree that Evans should be traded.

Anyone with me?

clearly no one has said this. You jump the gun on everything because you're so hypersensitive to JP being the starter.

The request is that Evans support his teammates specifically when he has played better with trent under center.

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 02:56 PM
clearly no one has said this. You jump the gun on everything because you're so hypersensitive to JP being the starter.

The request is that Evans support his teammates specifically when he has played better with trent under center.
Ah, so when a has been like Moulds mouths off, he's a cancer. But when your best player who's best days are still ahead of him mouths off, he should just shut it and everything is forgiven?

Drev8
10-24-2007, 02:56 PM

Anyone with me?

Definitely not what I was implying with this post. I definitely don't want us to lose Evans. But I do want him to give Trent and the team his best now that the decision has been made. Isn't it at least possible that in time the Evans and Edwards will develop their own chemistry?

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 02:58 PM
I definitely don't want us to lose Evans. please read my prior post.

Isn't it at least possible that in time the Evans and Edwards will develop their own chemistry?
I hear ya! Unfortunately, he's gonna want an extension in his last year and the bills ar going to have to pay up the yinyang to do so especially now that he saw what they did to his fellow 1st rd. draftmate who he has publicly supported.

I hope I am wrong but I don't think Evans plays for the type of owner who would show him the money that would make Evans the best paid player in the history of the franchise.

OpIv37
10-24-2007, 03:00 PM
On one hand, what Lee is doing is bad for the team. On the other hand, this organization treats players like **** and Lee witnessed it first hand with Moulds. You know he doesn't want to go down in flames like Moulds did.

So I really don't know what the proper course of action is- if he talks, he hurts the team, if he doesn't talk, he hurts himself, but once again we have another disgruntled star. Moulds, Spikes, Henry, Sam Adams- why does everyone who performs for this team eventually end up at odds with management?

RedEyE
10-24-2007, 03:03 PM
See, I think that the majority of players want the best of both worlds. They want for teams and fans to stick beside them when they are going through rough patches, but when it's time to negotiate a new contract the majority won't let a little slide off the top to stand behind a small market team.

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 03:03 PM
On one hand, what Lee is doing is bad for the team. On the other hand, this organization treats players like **** and Lee witnessed it first hand with Moulds. You know he doesn't want to go down in flames like Moulds did.

So I really don't know what the proper course of action is- if he talks, he hurts the team, if he doesn't talk, he hurts himself, but once again we have another disgruntled star. Moulds, Spikes, Henry, Takeo, Sam Adams- why does everyone who performs for this team eventually end up at odds with management?

:10:

I can understand Spikes and the others because Marv was going a different direction. Question is, Evans headed the same direction? :idunno:

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 03:05 PM
See, I think that the majority of players want the best of both worlds. They want for teams and fans to stick beside them when they are going through rough patches, but when it's time to negotiate a new contract the majority won't let a little slide off the top to stand behind a small market team.
Moulds and Schobel took discounts to stay with the bills. Spikes told MArvin Lewis not to match the bills offer because he wanted to play for the bills. Other than Schobel, the other 2 left.

trapezeus
10-24-2007, 03:07 PM

So I really don't know what the proper course of action is- if he talks, he hurts the team, if he doesn't talk, he hurts himself, but once again we have another disgruntled star. Moulds, Spikes, Henry, Takeo, Sam Adams- why does everyone who performs for this team eventually end up at odds with management?

i hear what you are saying. but the proper method is to take your issues to the coaches...see what can be dealt with in house, and then go from there. other than henry, the other guys were at the tail end of their career. sam adams was still going strong, but the bills were moving away from his scheme.

Drev8
10-24-2007, 03:07 PM

I'm not sure I see how yapping at this point is going to help him either. He's made his point clear to everyone, but if he keeps at it he only sounds like a petulant child. And we all know how much teams love a WR with a big mouth...

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm not sure I see how yapping at this point is going to help him either. He's made his point clear to everyone, but if he keeps at it he only sounds like a petulant child. And we all know how much teams love a WR with a big mouth...
His yapping got him the ball. The bills are in a lose lose situation. He yaps, he get's the ball and pads his stats for other teams to see when he wants out next year.

He yaps, the bills bench him and we lose games. Guess who the national media is going to blame? Marv and the organization for not handling the situation better. Maybe we can still sell season tickets if we draft well next year :idunno:

RedEyE
10-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Moulds and Schobel took discounts to stay with the bills. Spikes told MArvin Lewis not to match the bills offer because he wanted to play for the bills. Other than Schobel, the other 2 left.

True, which is why I emphasize majority. Even so, what Moulds and Spikes were going to make in the remainder of their contracts was asinine for the amount of production the Bills were getting from those 2 players. Schoble has been the sak leader on this team for years running.

I guess my point is players want to have the money and afford the opportunity to receive a pardon when they aren't playing well. I don't see it that way. Production is the key to winning games.

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 03:22 PM
True, which is why I emphasize majority. Even so, what Moulds and Spikes were going to make in the remainder of their contracts was asinine for the amount of production the Bills were getting from those 2 players. Schoble has been the sak leader on this team for years running.

I guess my point is players want to have the money and afford the opportunity to receive a pardon when they aren't playing well. I don't see it that way. Production is the key to winning games.
Sad to say this organization is turning out to be a place players will want to play if for you show them the money. see Walker and Dockery. Otherwise players would rather go somewhere else. This is what we're pretty much telling other players both on and off the team.

The only ones who won't have a choice are draft picks.

RedEyE
10-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Sad to say this organization is turning out to be a place players will want to play if for you show them the money. see Walker and Dockery. Otherwise players would rather go somewhere else. This is what we're pretty much telling other players both on and off the team.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. It's almost as if this team has become a stepping stone into the real NFL. The Bills can't afford to keep the most productive players and are consistantly thrifting through toss-offs and new talent to get them to the next level.

Drev8
10-24-2007, 03:25 PM

You're right, and it's definitely a disturbing trend. But like so many other problems, winning a good string of games and god forbid getting into the playoffs would start to change this mentality. But it's like a viscious circle, isn't it....?

Illmatic15
10-24-2007, 04:31 PM
I would be pissed to if I played for a bull**** front office like the billsc urrently have right now. And Lee Evans comes to toronto all the time, especially at Vince Carters club here. Another reason why I cant hate on him!

Illmatic15
10-24-2007, 04:31 PM
I would be pissed to if I played for a bull**** front office like the billsc urrently have right now. And Lee Evans comes to toronto all the time, especially at Vince Carters club here. Another reason why I cant hate on him!

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 04:34 PM
And Lee Evans comes to toronto all the time, especially at Vince Carters club here. Another reason why I cant hate on him! let's hope he doesn't say that the bills should be moved to TO.

North_Coast
10-24-2007, 05:55 PM

Anyone with me?

Maybe that's Lee's plan ... or maybe he just doesn't care if the Bills brass gets angry with him.

Pro football players are very competitive, and good QB play makes or breaks the best WRs (see R Moss, Oakland, 2005-2006 vs NE, 2007). Maybe Lee is just saying what any number of others would like to say but don't dare.

YardRat
10-24-2007, 05:57 PM
http://sellingstupid.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/crying_baby.jpg

chernobylwraiths
10-24-2007, 06:02 PM
He was asked directly if he thought that the JP decision was based partly on money, and what he basically said was "maybe". Did anyone else hear the quote AND the question?

Illmatic15
10-24-2007, 06:23 PM
let's hope he doesn't say that the bills should be moved to TO.

He wont, he isnt a dumba** like you know who....

Wys Guy
10-24-2007, 10:43 PM
On one hand, what Lee is doing is bad for the team.

On another what Levy, Jauron, Fairchild, Majeski, Modrak, Guy, and even Wilson are doing is bad for the team too.

So what if Lee speaks up!

Go for it Lee! Someone should call a spade a spade.

Wys Guy
10-24-2007, 10:45 PM
The entire thing's a farce quite frankly. I don' t know how anyone, fan or not, can take this organization seriously from the top down.

Honestly, it's Spinal Tap NFL version.

Mitchy moo
10-24-2007, 10:50 PM
I love seeing true fans posts.

Wys Guy
10-24-2007, 10:59 PM
I love seeing true fans posts.

Should I look outside my windows tonight too to see if you're out on my front lawn with things to throw at my house.

;)

What I love is people that can take a look at a dog doo on the lawn and insist that with a piece of parsley it's a meal.

Mitchy moo
10-24-2007, 11:06 PM
What I love is people that can take a look at a dog doo on the lawn and insist that with a piece of parsley it's a meal.

To another dog it is.

Mitchy moo
10-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Should I look outside my windows tonight too to see if you're out on my front lawn with things to throw at my house.

;)

House? Your in the trailer behind me & the dumpster is behind you. I told you before to take your medicine and go to bed.

Wys Guy
10-24-2007, 11:12 PM
To another dog it is.

LOL

Are you a dog?

cookie G
10-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Ah, so when a has been like Moulds mouths off, he's a cancer. But when your best player who's best days are still ahead of him mouths off, he should just shut it and everything is forgiven?

eh, Larry Johnson's considered an underachieving malcontent in Kansas City now. Tony Gonzalez is considered a bit of a whiner.

Its the "coach is always right" mentality.. Sometimes they aren't. They definitely aren't right in KC, and I question whether they're right in Buffalo (the playcalling, I mean). But players, including Pro Bowlers, should remain silent in the face of ineptitude, I guess.

Wys Guy
10-24-2007, 11:24 PM
eh, Larry Johnson's considered an underachieving malcontent in Kansas City now. Tony Gonzalez is considered a bit of a whiner.

Its the "coach is always right" mentality.. Sometimes they aren't. They definitely aren't right in KC, and I question whether they're right in Buffaloo (the playcalling, I mean).

You're one of the few that still leaves room for doubt.

Wys Guy
10-24-2007, 11:25 PM
How many more times do we have to listen to that drivel about McNally getting linemen to play up.

Mitchy moo
10-24-2007, 11:34 PM
LOL

Are you a dog?

It's a little deeper than that. The point is what others enjoy, you may think is poo poo. You thinking that is basically you trying to put yourself ahead of those people because of some insecurity / self defense issue. It also means that you are directly poo pooing on them to raise yourself up, which makes you a piece of what you see.

All I can tell you is if you do not enjoy what you see on the lawn, don't look there and please stop dropping it here.

camelcowboy
10-24-2007, 11:51 PM
yeah evans is a crybaby

acehole
10-25-2007, 12:27 AM
I agree the Truth should be suppressed! At all costs!

You guys just dont want to admitt the primary reason T E is starting is Raphy dont wanna pay...

First let me say I'm a big fan of Lee Evans. I've had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times in Toronto. I thought he was humble, gracious, and just seemed like a generally cool guy.

But his constant musings about JP getting shafted, and now his suggestion that money has something to do with the switch to Trent, has got to stop immediately. And why are these coaches allowing him to talk like this? I can appreciate his loyalty to JP, and it's totally understandable, but at this point, now that the decision has been made, the dude has to keep to himself and support Trent. Whining is only going to fracture the team, and it won't get JP back in there now.

TacklingDummy
10-25-2007, 06:18 AM
You guys just dont want to admitt the primary reason T E is starting is Raphy dont wanna pay...

Yeah thats it or maybe it's the other reason, because JP sucks.

billsburgh
10-25-2007, 07:04 AM
He was asked directly if he thought that the JP decision was based partly on money, and what he basically said was "maybe". Did anyone else hear the quote AND the question?
nope, people only hear what they want to hear. all this talk was a little premature. Lee has spoken his mind and ready to move on.

One of the players who should be able to help the offense take the strides it needs to with Edwards at the helm is wide receiver Lee Evans. He has been a Losman supporter, but Wednesday he fell in line and backed Jauron.

"If that's the decision that they decided to go with, then that's the decision we have," Evans said. "I'm definitely on board with it. As a staff, if they feel like that's the best position for the team to be in, then you go with it.''

billsburgh
10-25-2007, 07:09 AM
The entire thing's a farce quite frankly. I don' t know how anyone, fan or not, can take this organization seriously from the top down.

Honestly, it's Spinal Tap NFL version.
Please dont take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm just curious. I know how outspoken you are against this entire team and if you feel so strongly, why do you invest so much time and effort into following them. You seem to be quite knowledgable about them so you must put the time and effort in. MY question is what keeps bringing you back if you cant take the organization seriously and you feel so negatively about them.

How many more times do we have to listen to that drivel about McNally getting linemen to play up.
I'm still waiting for the miracle worker lineman coaching genius guru to work his magic. someone let me know when the line plays up to their potential.

Mahdi
10-25-2007, 07:29 AM
Can someone please tell me where and when these comments were made...is there a link?

acehole
10-25-2007, 08:00 AM
Yeah thats it or maybe it's the other reason, because JP sucks.

Let see how you feel in a few weeks...lets see who sucks and who got a raw deal. Say what you want about JP ...but Evans is speaking his mind.....and he is a little closer to the situation then you. Ralph is cheap and this comment by Evans is by no means a stretch.....while NE signs Randy Moss who want to be a NE patriot...we sign somthing Jenkins from pissant state u who probably has no other takers..... So yea JP this and JP that....what will your excuses be when we are worse off without him at QB?

Wys Guy
10-25-2007, 09:14 AM
I agree the Truth should be suppressed! At all costs!

LOL

camelcowboy
10-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Let see how you feel in a few weeks...lets see who sucks and who got a raw deal. Say what you want about JP ...but Evans is speaking his mind.....and he is a little closer to the situation then you. Ralph is cheap and this comment by Evans is by no means a stretch.....while NE signs Randy Moss who want to be a NE patriot...we sign somthing Jenkins from pissant state u who probably has no other takers..... So yea JP this and JP that....what will your excuses be when we are worse off without him at QB? We will be talking about playoff scenerios in a few weeks so i'll address your point in a few weeks.

Wys Guy
10-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Please dont take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm just curious. I know how outspoken you are against this entire team and if you feel so strongly, why do you invest so much time and effort into following them. You seem to be quite knowledgable about them so you must put the time and effort in. MY question is what keeps bringing you back if you cant take the organization seriously and you feel so negatively about them.

I'm still waiting for the miracle worker lineman coaching genius guru to work his magic. someone let me know when the line plays up to their potential.

No, not at all billsburgh!! Please, always feel free to be critical of my positions. My record of prognosticating on this team stands for itself however. But I immensely enjoy good debate discussion. Posts such as yours are more than embraced and welcomed!! I don't take it as you "being a dick" at all.

Yes, I do put much time and effort into following/analyzing/studying them. Or at least have although I still do a little here and there out of interest of certain things. I'll have a chart up for a midseason review of sorts too. Thanks for suggesting that! I do that for two reasons. First, they've been my team although my loyalty is cooling, clearly as I am fully of the opinion that this team will not be in Buffalo by the time they can possibly have it straightened out from a performance perspective. My logic there is that Levy/Jauron, and therefore the laundry list of other people within the organization that do their jobs poorly, often reprehensibly or even shamefully, will not be fired anytime soon, at least not prior to the end of the '08 season if even then, and I'd guess, given our history of waiting for the blatantly obvious in such matters, that it won't be until after the '09 season.

OK, in steps new GM/HC, perhaps just new HC, which would merely continue this, in '10 adding another 3-year rebuild and pushing a competent team now out to '12 or so. The team won't be here by then, so why should I bother investing tremendous resources into a team that's gonna suck between now and then. And suck it will because unlike so many here, I fully understand that what is flawed and broken, is the philosophies of those running this team.

Imagine if you will wanting to start a wing restaurant in Buffalo, with designs on supplanting the best ones in the region but in your mind you wanted to use the cheapest sauce on the market, bread your wings, and use small/scrawny wings. While your intentions might be good, and while you maybe have experience at another failed restaurant, you won't succeed. So it is here presently.

I enjoy analysis and debate too. Frankly, as oft stated over the past year or so, that love has kept me going with a team that really performs no differently from week to week, even vs. poorer teams, and even in wins.

We routinely get outrushed, give up more 1st downs than we obtain, suck at getting 3rd-down conversions, are poor in the red zone, usually give up near a 2-to-1 net yardage advantage, can't control the clock, and essentially only "play well," or so it may seem, when our opponent makes a slew of mistakes that really, if we're going to be honest, most of which have nothing to do with anything that we did to force them. We also rely far too heavily on our D and STs for actually putting up points. That point production is limited however. The law of averages suggests that we're close to tapped out there. I mean how many points can a D/STs score in a season? How many will they? We may double up what we've done yet, which would be an absolutely fantastic year from that perspective, and likely close to an NFL record, but it would help us win what, one, two games maybe? We can't even routinely score 10 or 13 offensive points, so apart from that we really have no chance.

I and many other fans know what the problems are and frankly, if anyone has reason to know it's Marv Levy who yet seems oblivious to what actually made his teams so good as to overshadow his lack of coaching ability back then as he merely got the least from a situation in which he could have not possibly done much worse with the talent that Polian gave him.

Having said all of that, nothing has changed from week 1 this season until now. Oh sure, there certainly will be an exception or two or three. And against the weaker teams, the Jets for example, we may appear to be mediocre, but not more, but that's about it.

In essence, the analysis for this season has been done, and it's exactly the same as that from last season. Nothing's changed except that we simply aren't throwing deep. Last year I suggested that apart from the deep ball our O sucked and I took incredible heat for it, even here. Well, here we are.

So there really isn't anything left to analyze until this team improves, and by that I mean more than a few players of improvement. We need a drastic overhaul, but that's not going to occur b/c the current management doesn't believe that it is necessary nor do they realize that they are a part and parcel of the major problems due to possessing flawed philosophies as stated.

So my time has already been spent. I've done hardly any analysis this season and I'm no longer writing regularly because frankly I could write one post-game piece/pre-game even, and essentially just did, for the entire season plus or minus tweaks for each game after the fact.

This team cannot go any lower. It can't. It's record may be better than a few other teams, but the team isn't. It's still predicated entirely on generation of big plays, and now we're getting those almost accidentally as it were.

So until we make root/core changes, this is where we'll be. Ergo, I have little work to do anymore in terms of analysis. That leaves debate and discussion. I've found that discussing this team, here for example, is much more fun when I don't take it seriously. I still understand it fully, but I frankly just don't care as you picked up on.

So, I suppose the short answer to your question with all of that as a background, is that I enjoy "wasting" time chatting w/ some people that I know when I'm not serious about the topic as I used to be. I also enjoy good debate and analysis as stated, which is why I enjoy posts such as yours. Others also offer astute notions, for example such as that TE may be playing like Holcomb or Van Pelt. I hadn't considered that, but at the moment he is although that could change but I wouldn't wager on it given the Bills' draft history with the current crew that's been doing whatever their version of due diligence for the draft is.

I hope that makes some sense and provides the proper background. Y/N?

TacklingDummy
10-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Let see how you feel in a few weeks...lets see who sucks and who got a raw deal. Say what you want about JP .?

A few weeks is nothing comapred to 4 years.

Ralph is cheap
How much did Ralph spend last off-season on Dockery, Kelsay, Walker, and Schobel? Yeah, he is cheap. :rolleyes:

So yea JP this and JP that....what will your excuses be when we are worse off without him at QB?

:lmao: JP is bum. We can't do much worse than 8-19 when he starts.

justasportsfan
10-25-2007, 11:36 AM
:lmao: JP is bum. We can't do much worse than 8-19 when he starts.
another one of those misguiding stats. If Jp had the D that Trents had the last 3 games, we'd be in hte playoffs last year. If Trent had last years D , we'd still be winless by now.

acehole
10-25-2007, 06:15 PM
We will be talking about playoff scenerios in a few weeks so i'll address your point in a few weeks.

Agreed...but it will be who will the Pats play and who will we draft 5th overall.....

camelcowboy
10-25-2007, 06:21 PM
If jp was playing we would being drafting number 2