X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drev8
    • Aug 2004

A plea to Lee Evans - shut it!!!

First let me say I'm a big fan of Lee Evans. I've had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times in Toronto. I thought he was humble, gracious, and just seemed like a generally cool guy.

But his constant musings about JP getting shafted, and now his suggestion that money has something to do with the switch to Trent, has got to stop immediately. And why are these coaches allowing him to talk like this? I can appreciate his loyalty to JP, and it's totally understandable, but at this point, now that the decision has been made, the dude has to keep to himself and support Trent. Whining is only going to fracture the team, and it won't get JP back in there now.
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Re: A plea to Lee Evans - shut it!!!

i agree 100 %.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Totally agree.

Comment

• PcA125
        • May 2006

I agree with you. I know that he likes JP and all, and I dont care how classy/ polite he is when he says that JP should be the starter, but i mean come on. Dont throw your rookie QB under the bus. Lee is getting better numbers now anyways. Granted JP only really played in the first two games.

Just shut up and play, Trent will get better and you will get more passes thrown to you.
        Cheers!

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

He's mouthed off more than Mouilds did. I guess bills fans agree that Evans should be traded.

Anyone with me?
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

I had Evans pegged as a rare WR who kept his mouth shut and just played. What a fool I was.

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
              NJ In The House
              • Nov 2004

Can't trade him until he gets his value back up, and that has taken a hit this year so far. I took him in fantasy and dropped him a last week, he has done nothing.

Time To Ski!

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                He's mouthed off more than Mouilds did. I guess bills fans agree that Evans should be traded.

Anyone with me?
                clearly no one has said this. You jump the gun on everything because you're so hypersensitive to JP being the starter.

The request is that Evans support his teammates specifically when he has played better with trent under center.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                  clearly no one has said this. You jump the gun on everything because you're so hypersensitive to JP being the starter.

The request is that Evans support his teammates specifically when he has played better with trent under center.
                  Ah, so when a has been like Moulds mouths off, he's a cancer. But when your best player who's best days are still ahead of him mouths off, he should just shut it and everything is forgiven?
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• Drev8
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan

Anyone with me?
                    Definitely not what I was implying with this post. I definitely don't want us to lose Evans. But I do want him to give Trent and the team his best now that the decision has been made. Isn't it at least possible that in time the Evans and Edwards will develop their own chemistry?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Drev8
                      I definitely don't want us to lose Evans.
                      please read my prior post.

Originally posted by Drev8
                      Isn't it at least possible that in time the Evans and Edwards will develop their own chemistry?
                      I hear ya! Unfortunately, he's gonna want an extension in his last year and the bills ar going to have to pay up the yinyang to do so especially now that he saw what they did to his fellow 1st rd. draftmate who he has publicly supported.

I hope I am wrong but I don't think Evans plays for the type of owner who would show him the money that would make Evans the best paid player in the history of the franchise.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

On one hand, what Lee is doing is bad for the team. On the other hand, this organization treats players like **** and Lee witnessed it first hand with Moulds. You know he doesn't want to go down in flames like Moulds did.

So I really don't know what the proper course of action is- if he talks, he hurts the team, if he doesn't talk, he hurts himself, but once again we have another disgruntled star. Moulds, Spikes, Henry, Sam Adams- why does everyone who performs for this team eventually end up at odds with management?
                        Last edited by OpIv37; 10-24-2007, 03:15 PM.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

See, I think that the majority of players want the best of both worlds. They want for teams and fans to stick beside them when they are going through rough patches, but when it's time to negotiate a new contract the majority won't let a little slide off the top to stand behind a small market team.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            On one hand, what Lee is doing is bad for the team. On the other hand, this organization treats players like **** and Lee witnessed it first hand with Moulds. You know he doesn't want to go down in flames like Moulds did.

So I really don't know what the proper course of action is- if he talks, he hurts the team, if he doesn't talk, he hurts himself, but once again we have another disgruntled star. Moulds, Spikes, Henry, Takeo, Sam Adams- why does everyone who performs for this team eventually end up at odds with management?

I can understand Spikes and the others because Marv was going a different direction. Question is, Evans headed the same direction?
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                              See, I think that the majority of players want the best of both worlds. They want for teams and fans to stick beside them when they are going through rough patches, but when it's time to negotiate a new contract the majority won't let a little slide off the top to stand behind a small market team.
                              Moulds and Schobel took discounts to stay with the bills. Spikes told MArvin Lewis not to match the bills offer because he wanted to play for the bills. Other than Schobel, the other 2 left.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X