PDA

View Full Version : All I am gonna say...

Devin
10-24-2007, 04:52 PM
I am not gonna bash Losman, truthfully id be pissed to. The guy has had nothing but ineptitude around him since the start. Thats not an endorsement mind you, Losman has been average at best during his time here. Simply saying I understand the frustration. Same as I did with Moulds when he left.

As far as he and Trent go I simply want the bast man in there I dont care who that is, whoever gives us the best chance at winning should be starting. You can make arguments for both sides............personally......I think with both thier faults they are essentially probably even. All I can hope that is if Trent is indeed "our guy" least til yet another QB rolls in, that he keeps improving.

BTW anyone making judgements or ASSumptions about TE after 3 freakin games deserves a knuckle sandwhich. A 3rd round pick came in against the best team in the league, he helped win 2 games for us and damn near a 3rd on Monday night.

As far as Evans goes.......can it dude.....seriously. I like ya, I want ya here, but your job is to play. I dont want to hear your mouth, I dont even really care for your little show. Just play.

This whole thing, like the 05 season, has done nothing but stir trouble. And two of the most influential guys on the team, and I do say that lightly, are now unhappy presences in the locker room.

At the end of the day we all want the same thing, and while I am not confident that anyone from our coaches on up to Ralph himself are the ones to lead us there I will still hope for the best. All we can do.

Philagape
10-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Nice! I haven't heard the phrase knuckle sandwich in 15 years! :up:

Devin
10-24-2007, 05:03 PM
I am bringing it back.

mybills
10-24-2007, 05:07 PM
"anyone making judgements or ASSumptions about TE after 3 freakin games"
People are assuming he's "great" after 3 games. I question their judgment.
Can I give them a knuckle sandwich too? :up:

shelby
10-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Great post, Devin.

Tatonka
10-24-2007, 06:50 PM
**** it.. im a licker i guess... the more i thought about it since the ravens game.. the more it has irritated me..

losman was endorsed all ****ing offseason as the qb of the future.. he did everything he possibly could to embrace the city, the team, and be the leader they wanted him to be. he did all the right things and said all the right things.

based on how he finished last year once they changed the oline and the style of offense, he produced significantly.

from the texans game on last year, which i felt like was when he turned the corner, he threw 12 tds and had 8 picks. he finished the entire year, even with an awful start as a team (just like this year), with an 84% passer rating. there was maybe a handful of people here that didnt feel like he was the future of the team at the qb spot.

and after two bad outings by the whole team.. offense and defense, he got pinned with the ****ing blame. he turned the ball over one time in the first two games against two very two tough teams... one time... and all the sudden he is the outcast. its bull****.

and people keep saying dont judge trent.. trent is the starting qb.. his performance helps determine if the team wins or loses, just like the blame losman took for the lack of production in the first two games.. he has a 71% passer rating that is helped greatly by his high completion percentage on worthless dump off passes.

against the pats - 7 total points.. after his first drive of the game.. he did nothing.. except throw a pick.

against the jets - lead 2 td drives (one that started at the jets 20) and one field goal drive. at the end of the game, when we needed to ice them, he couldnt stay on the field, throwing an incomplete pass that allowed the jets to get a shot to win. 1 td and 1 pick.

against the cowboys - with the aid of 6 turnovers and 21 points actually scored by the d and special teams, he could only get us 3 points with the ridiculous amount of help in field position he got all night. people can blame the coaches for the pick he threw, but they didnt tell him to throw to a covered wide receiver.. and it is not their fault he couldnt see the 6'1, 250 lb line backer that was standing between him and the covered receiver. that huge lack of offensive production clearly cost us that game that shouldnt have even been close based on the performance of the D and special teams. again he had a to finish the game by getting a first down and couldnt.

the ravens - 4 field goal drives, 2 of which were aided by turnovers the D got, and one TD drive that came in losman like fashion with a underthrown 50 yard duck to evans. again. the ravens were missing 3 defensive starters, although you couldnt tell. Edwards had yet the third chance in a row to finish the game by running out the clock and could not.. the defense had to do it again just like the jets game.

his third down percentage is no better than losmans.. he turns the ball over at a higher rate than losman. he has no mobility. and he the 2 deep passes he has thrown in 4 games sucked.

i understand he is a rookie and shouldnt be crucified.. and i understand that.. he shouldnt be starting and he shouldnt be in the position to show all the growth he needs.

im so over it.. the coaching staff has now botched this so bad that it feels like RJ and Flutie.. the team is totally split.. our best offensive player is ready to leave, just like losman is, and i dont blame them.. it wont be long before other guys follow because they will realize that we just put the team back another 2 years while we sit and wait for edwards to develope just like we have done with losman. shame they cut him short.. i was encouraged by his first full season as a starter. i thought he showed alot of progression. people who say that he had time to show what he was are nuts. he clearly improved over the last half of last season and there is no reason to think that with any help from the awful coaches we have running the offense, that he could not get better..

but again.. it doesnt matter.. he is done here.. and edwards is the guy.. and we will be perenial losers for several more years.. good ****ing times!!

:up:

Tatonka
10-24-2007, 06:51 PM
wow.. that was alot longer than i thought.. sorry.. im pissed and just needed to vent. :offsoapbox:

kinigirly
10-24-2007, 07:29 PM
even though i'd lose the argument, i can't even debate the subject with people on a rational level. and i don't mean here, i mean in everyday life. after the pats game when jp went down i was quite unhappy. one of the guys i work with(who i respect and is never an idiot said "jp? you like jp?? i thought he broke a nail and that's why he's out. *imitating girly voice* oh i broke a nail somebody, somebody help!" i looked at him and said, so you don't like jp cause he has a girly voice? he said yep. yeah...couldn't even attempt a logical football debate because after that.

SABURZFAN
10-24-2007, 07:32 PM
"anyone making judgements or ASSumptions about TE after 3 freakin games"
People are assuming he's "great" after 3 games. I question their judgment.
Can I give them a knuckle sandwich too? :up:

speaking of sammiches.......where's shelby?i'm hungry. :fat:

shelby
10-24-2007, 07:53 PM
:rofl: Good luck with that, SAB.

Meathead
10-24-2007, 08:13 PM
its crazy. what they are doing to jp is not right. i dont understand what they see in trent that makes them feel hes the better choice right now. two games where the entire team struggled, edwards comes in and performs admirably for a rook but still very average by any measure, and all of a sudden hes a better choice than jp. i just dont get it at all

i hate to think like the loonys that the reason is edwards is cheaper. that just seems like an insane way to run a team and i tend to not believe it. but i hate to say right now its the one and only thing that would make sense of this

Bills4Life83
10-24-2007, 08:15 PM
I think Brady and Manning have ruined the quarterback position for the rest of the league. Suddenly a first time starter is a bum if he doesnt put up 3 touchdowns.

Manning only won 3 games in his first season, and Brady sat on the bench.

We were losing with JP last year why is everyone freaking out that we made a change?

justasportsfan
10-24-2007, 08:16 PM
**** it.. im a licker i guess... the more i thought about it since the ravens game.. the more it has irritated me..

losman was endorsed all ****ing offseason as the qb of the future.. he did everything he possibly could to embrace the city, the team, and be the leader they wanted him to be. he did all the right things and said all the right things.

based on how he finished last year once they changed the oline and the style of offense, he produced significantly.

from the texans game on last year, which i felt like was when he turned the corner, he threw 12 tds and had 8 picks. he finished the entire year, even with an awful start as a team (just like this year), with an 84% passer rating. there was maybe a handful of people here that didnt feel like he was the future of the team at the qb spot.

and after two bad outings by the whole team.. offense and defense, he got pinned with the ****ing blame. he turned the ball over one time in the first two games against two very two tough teams... one time... and all the sudden he is the outcast. its bull****.

and people keep saying dont judge trent.. trent is the starting qb.. his performance helps determine if the team wins or loses, just like the blame losman took for the lack of production in the first two games.. he has a 71% passer rating that is helped greatly by his high completion percentage on worthless dump off passes.

against the pats - 7 total points.. after his first drive of the game.. he did nothing.. except throw a pick.

against the jets - lead 2 td drives (one that started at the jets 20) and one field goal drive. at the end of the game, when we needed to ice them, he couldnt stay on the field, throwing an incomplete pass that allowed the jets to get a shot to win. 1 td and 1 pick.

against the cowboys - with the aid of 6 turnovers and 21 points actually scored by the d and special teams, he could only get us 3 points with the ridiculous amount of help in field position he got all night. people can blame the coaches for the pick he threw, but they didnt tell him to throw to a covered wide receiver.. and it is not their fault he couldnt see the 6'1, 250 lb line backer that was standing between him and the covered receiver. that huge lack of offensive production clearly cost us that game that shouldnt have even been close based on the performance of the D and special teams. again he had a to finish the game by getting a first down and couldnt.

the ravens - 4 field goal drives, 2 of which were aided by turnovers the D got, and one TD drive that came in losman like fashion with a underthrown 50 yard duck to evans. again. the ravens were missing 3 defensive starters, although you couldnt tell. Edwards had yet the third chance in a row to finish the game by running out the clock and could not.. the defense had to do it again just like the jets game.

his third down percentage is no better than losmans.. he turns the ball over at a higher rate than losman. he has no mobility. and he the 2 deep passes he has thrown in 4 games sucked.

i understand he is a rookie and shouldnt be crucified.. and i understand that.. he shouldnt be starting and he shouldnt be in the position to show all the growth he needs.

im so over it.. the coaching staff has now botched this so bad that it feels like RJ and Flutie.. the team is totally split.. our best offensive player is ready to leave, just like losman is, and i dont blame them.. it wont be long before other guys follow because they will realize that we just put the team back another 2 years while we sit and wait for edwards to develope just like we have done with losman. shame they cut him short.. i was encouraged by his first full season as a starter. i thought he showed alot of progression. people who say that he had time to show what he was are nuts. he clearly improved over the last half of last season and there is no reason to think that with any help from the awful coaches we have running the offense, that he could not get better..

but again.. it doesnt matter.. he is done here.. and edwards is the guy.. and we will be perenial losers for several more years.. good ****ing times!!

:up:
The coaches needed a scapegoat. They found one. One who called out the OC. Dick was faithful to his OC in chicago that he got fired because of his loyalty. I'm not surprised that he will go down with Farichild if he has to.

Meathead
10-24-2007, 08:20 PM
yeah thats the other thing i was thinking

if i were ralph id be pissed. he watches the bills dominate the cowboys all game only to lose it in heartbreaking fashion after at least two maybe three gross coaching errors gave the game away

perhaps jauron knows hes on thin ice and is grasping at straws. it sure feels like a desperation move going to a third round rookie. he might be figuring that if edwards comes through its 'his' guy and he could come off looking like dick is more in control of the team

i dont know. its nuts

mybills
10-25-2007, 07:59 AM
yeah thats the other thing i was thinking

if i were ralph id be pissed. he watches the bills dominate the cowboys all game only to lose it in heartbreaking fashion after at least two maybe three gross coaching errors gave the game away

perhaps jauron knows hes on thin ice and is grasping at straws. it sure feels like a desperation move going to a third round rookie. he might be figuring that if edwards comes through its 'his' guy and he could come off looking like dick is more in control of the team

i dont know. its nuts
Perhaps? There's no perhaps about it.

Jan Reimers
10-25-2007, 08:15 AM
The coaches needed a scapegoat. They found one. One who called out the OC. Dick was faithful to his OC in chicago that he got fired because of his loyalty. I'm not surprised that he will go down with Farichild if he has to.
And, JP's injury gave them the perfect excuse to install their guy at QB.

I hope Edwards becomes a great QB - but he is nowhere near that yet, and JP really did get shortchanged, both by Mularkey and Jauron.

Throne Logic
10-25-2007, 10:54 AM
I stated it in another tread. No one can create contravercy like a wishy washy coaching staff.

jdbillsfan
10-25-2007, 11:51 AM
I like JP as a person and I feel bad for him, but it has been very frustrating watching him do the same mistakes this year. Same problems, same inconsistency. It was that way in the preseason and that way in the first two games. The first game he looked especially terrible.

Trent came in due to injury, and though not spectacular, he has been consistent and the the coaching staff trusts him. He has done well in my opinion. He is hitting the open guy, getting rid of the ball and moving the chains. Scoring in the red zone hasn't happened as much, but that will come hopefully.

His deep throws have not been so much of a problem in my opinion. To call them ducks, I think is an exaggeration.