PDA

View Full Version : Who does TE remind you of?

jpdex12
10-24-2007, 09:48 PM
What other NFL QB does TE remind you of? Even thoguh we've only seen him play in four games, physically, mechanically and charcter wise who does he remind you of?

A young Montana.

The last buffalo fan
10-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Skoob, is that you?

Mitchy moo
10-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Skoob, is that you?

I'm here but if you think about it I can't get my rep that high, so it's not me.

Tatonka
10-24-2007, 09:53 PM
you gotta be ****ing kidding me.

kelly holcombe.

camelcowboy
10-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Tedi Bruschi

The last buffalo fan
10-24-2007, 10:01 PM
jpdex12!!!

YardRat
10-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Frank Reich.

Wys Guy
10-24-2007, 10:18 PM

kelly holcombe.

Actually T he does. Good call.

Throws the short stuff but has yet to reveal that he can throw the deeper stuff. Hadn't thought about it, but that's about right.

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Frank Reich.

I have been using that comparison for a couple of days now.

Great minds......

Tatonka
10-24-2007, 10:20 PM
how bout chad pennington, but not as good.

RedEyE
10-24-2007, 10:21 PM
He's played 1 game, thrown 1 TD, and 4 Ints. Montana?!?

Mitchy moo
10-24-2007, 10:22 PM
He reminds me of a winner.

camelcowboy
10-24-2007, 10:24 PM
how bout chad pennington, but not as good. jp's jeff george then.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-24-2007, 10:32 PM
I "second" the Holcomb comparison.

High completion percentage, unspectacular yardage totals, throws the short routes well, a decent win/loss record.

I think Edwards has a little better downfield potential, however, as seen in the Baltimore game.

jpdex12
10-24-2007, 10:38 PM

kelly holcombe.

What? What's wrong with Montana?

Who would you have expected? Tom Brady? Well, now that I mention it...

Why don't you bashers go find a homeless shelter to hide in until TE's takes us to the playoffs and then we'll come bail you out after you tell us we were right?

ArcticWildMan
10-24-2007, 10:40 PM

Throws the short stuff but has yet to reveal that he can throw the deeper stuff. Hadn't thought about it, but that's about right.

Until we get a player the caliber of Randy Moss or Chad Johnson, you'll probably be waiting a while longer. Our lack of a quality #2 receiver has made Evans nothing more than an average #1 receiver. We need a superstar receiver to compensate for our pitiful WR corps.

BILLSROCK1212
10-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Trent Green

acehole
10-24-2007, 11:39 PM
What other NFL QB does TE remind you of? Even thoguh we've only seen him play in four games, physically, mechanically and charcter wise who does he remind you of?

A young Montana.

Cade Mcnown

Michael82
10-24-2007, 11:56 PM
Kelly Holcomb or Chad Pennington after all the shoulder surgeries.

Elminster
10-24-2007, 11:59 PM
Kelly Holcomb or Chad Pennington after all the shoulder surgeries.
I say Trent Dilfer myself. Decent physical tools and efficient, but prone to errors. He can most certainly get better, but this rush to crown him as lord and savior of the Buffalo Bills is part of the reason he will be the Anti-Christ in a few years...:cynic:

SyraBillsLican
10-25-2007, 01:30 AM
Trent Edwards, to me, has these qualities:

The strenth of arm of a Carson Palmer
The gutsiness of a Brett Farve
The mobility of a Mike Vick
The record setting potential of a Dan Marino
The style of a Jeff Garcia (gay joke)

and

The winningness of a Vince Young

Michael82
10-25-2007, 01:31 AM

The strenth of arm of a Carson Palmer
The gutsiness of a Brett Farve
The mobility of a Mike Vick
The record setting potential of a Dan Marino
The style of a Jeff Garcia (gay joke)

and

:lmao:

SyraBillsLican
10-25-2007, 01:38 AM
youre up quite late. i just finished a 10 page paper for my PSC 353. whats your excuse?

LtFinFan66
10-25-2007, 01:39 AM
There is no excuse for Mikey

Michael82
10-25-2007, 01:42 AM
youre up quite late. i just finished a 10 page paper for my PSC 353. whats your excuse?
I usually work overnights and tonight is my night off. I can't sleep. :ill:

shelby
10-25-2007, 04:26 AM
this thread reminds me of.... (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=111385&highlight=Losman+remind)
:D

Mitchy moo
10-25-2007, 05:49 AM
this thread reminds me of.... (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=111385&highlight=Losman+remind)
:D

Patmoran on the who does JP remind you of?:

My uncle told me a drunken and slightly ******ed Fran Tarkenton.

Can we get him on parole? Strole.

Carlton Bailey
10-25-2007, 05:52 AM
A better quarterback than JP Losman.

Edwards has played four games, started three, and some of you are already writing him off. Unbelievable. Are you Bills fans or Losman fans?

Mitchy moo
10-25-2007, 05:55 AM

Edwards has played four games, started three, and some of you are already writing him off. Unbelievable. Are you Bills fans or Losman fans?

It's sad isn't it?? Like I said, some people here have a velvet JP poster they like to rub that's still soft.

Forward_Lateral
10-25-2007, 05:58 AM
Someone said it here before, but he reminds me of Jake Delhomme. Not flashy, but accurate, can throw deep, but obviously not as strong in that department as Losman.

The comparisons to Holcomb and Pennington are hilarious. I sometimes wonder how much football knowledge this place actually has.

Bufftp
10-25-2007, 06:33 AM

To throw the deep stuff he needs to develop real "poise" in the pocket not the appearence of it. He has to allow the long plays to develop and not look them off so quickly, and go to his saftey valves immediatley.

Forward_Lateral
10-25-2007, 06:40 AM
To throw the deep stuff he needs to develop real "poise" in the pocket not the appearence of it. He has to allow the long plays to develop and not look them off so quickly, and go to his saftey valves immediatley.

Which is something that can be worked on. He's probably not used to having as much time as he does, considering he was sacked half the time he dropped back in college.

He has more poise than any other rookie QB I've seen come in to Buffalo since Kelly did.

gr8slayer
10-25-2007, 06:41 AM
Holcomb/Pennington.

NorthCarBills
10-25-2007, 06:46 AM
Our current QB situation reminds me of the Texans taking a chance on Shaub this season.

Situation: Both teams giving keys to unproven QBs.

QBs: Both are smart QBs, with apparent strength in short to intermediate passing game. Not known to light up the boards, but can effectively manage a game and are mentally tough. Both are also well spoken, and come across well with media.

GMs / Coaches: Both teams really sticking their necks out for these guys.

Bills - If Edwards stinks it up or gets hurt and JP comes in and does well, that's a horrible reflection on the coaches and Marv. On top of that you've created a divided locker room and fandom.
Texans - They are still reeling from passing on Young or Bush. Shaub is looking "OK" so far, but the verdict is still pending. If this turns out to be another mistake as deemed by their fanbase, it could prove to be an equally bone-headed move.

Bufftp
10-25-2007, 06:49 AM
Which is something that can be worked on. He's probably not used to having as much time as he does, considering he was sacked half the time he dropped back in college.

He has more poise than any other rookie QB I've seen come in to Buffalo since Kelly did.
He also needs to work on not snapping the ball with 10-15 seconds left on the play clock during "time consuming" drives in the 4th quarter.

Sorry FL about "Which is something that can be worked on.", it is the problem JP has in revers, instead waiting too long for plays to devolp and the rushing the pass or taking a sack, Trent doesn't give them time and passes accuratley to the check off picking up a few yards and the occasional first down, but fails in the red zone. Jp's issue is more apparent, TE "just looks like poise", also JP is uasually playing from behind and that excaberates his problem.

I just hope we trade him out of the conference. Put in right right situation, JP will develop into an outstanding QB.

TacklingDummy
10-25-2007, 07:03 AM
I just hope we trade him out of the conference. Put in right right situation, JP will develop into an outstanding QB.

Just like with every ex-Bills player, I hope JP goes somewhere else and falls flat on his face.

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 07:27 AM
jp's jeff george then.

um.. ok?

what is your point?

the thread was "who does TE remind you of?". not JP.

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 07:30 AM
Until we get a player the caliber of Randy Moss or Chad Johnson, you'll probably be waiting a while longer. Our lack of a quality #2 receiver has made Evans nothing more than an average #1 receiver. We need a superstar receiver to compensate for our pitiful WR corps.

because the only way to be a good qb that throws for more than 150 yards and actually throw tds, is to have 2 stud wrs.. not other qbs in the league have just one stud and actually do well.

kitna has 3 stud wrs.. williams, furrey, and calvin.. he threw for 150 yards and no tds this week.. so maybe you have to have 4?

like moss, stallworth, welker, and ben watson.

jpdex12
10-25-2007, 07:31 AM
He also needs to work on not snapping the ball with 10-15 seconds left on the play clock during "time consuming" drives in the 4th quarter.

Sorry FL about "Which is something that can be worked on.", it is the problem JP has in revers, instead waiting too long for plays to devolp and the rushing the pass or taking a sack, Trent doesn't give them time and passes accuratley to the check off picking up a few yards and the occasional first down, but fails in the red zone. Jp's issue is more apparent, TE "just looks like poise", also JP is uasually playing from behind and that excaberates his problem.

I suppose that Ryan Leaf could have developed into an outstanding QB too.

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 07:33 AM
I say Trent Dilfer myself. Decent physical tools and efficient, but prone to errors. He can most certainly get better, but this rush to crown him as lord and savior of the Buffalo Bills is part of the reason he will be the Anti-Christ in a few years...:cynic:

that is not a bad comparison, and your right.. by the end of this season, if he doesnt get hurt, which is likely, he will be hated by plenty.. he will end up with many more ints than tds.. people typically start to overlook a glowing completion percentage when the qb has ints in the double digits.. but the tds are not.

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 07:34 AM

did trent win any games in college?

M
10-25-2007, 07:36 AM
He reminds me of Trent Edwards. He's only played 4 freakin' games. Why compare him to anybody?

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 07:42 AM

if only poise, and not points, won games consistently.

jpdex12
10-25-2007, 07:42 AM

kelly holcombe.

Would you know talent is it walked up and kicked you in the nuts? I like JP but he has never had what it takes to succeed. He has always looked like a deer in the headlights when he has been on the field. He has had some good games but never against big teams. He has played for 3 seasons not counting the injury season. Yes he has been bumped in and out but when a friggin rookie can come in and steal your job, what does that tell you? If JP was the man then there ouwld be no question who to leave in as the starter, but he played questionable enough to let a rookie slide in and better then he did. You can blame it on poor coaching but for all of you JP lovers why don't you really answer your own doubts? Answer the question.

How could JP get beat out by a rookie with zero experience in the NFL? Has the offensive play calling really improved that much that a rookie is playing well? You can question my intelligence by saying "you think that TE is playing well?" but he hasn't been making any major blunders, he has shown that he can lead a team on offence and keep burning time from the clock, he has been accurate and kept the mistaakes to a minimum. Yes, the redzone has been terrible but that's not completely the QB, that's our whole team. TE has improved every week.

JP lovers you know the truth, now stop slamming everyone else that is supporting the better QB.

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 07:45 AM

send him to detriot.. i could see him doing very well their. and kitna isnt young anymore.

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 07:48 AM
Would you know talent is it walked up and kicked you in the nuts?

no, i wouldnt know talent is it walked up and kicked me in the nuts.

clearly you do though, based on all the fantasy leagues you play in?

maybe you should apply for a job with the bills.. because clearly they could use some help finding talent to kick them in the nuts.

gr8slayer
10-25-2007, 07:50 AM
Just like with every ex-Bills player, I hope JP goes somewhere else and falls flat on his face.
NOthing new, you've been hoping he falls flat on his face since his first snap.

jpdex12
He reminds me of Trent Edwards. He's only played 4 freakin' games. Why compare him to anybody?

We have a smart a$$ Sherlock Holmes here...

IS there anything wrong with trying to draw a comparison through the first four games? Is there a set number of games that a player is supposed to play before someone can ask this question?

Why add a post like this if it is just to dampen spirits? Why ask why?

Tatonka
JP lovers you know the truth, now stop slamming everyone else that is supporting the better QB.

by the way.. i am not slamming posters.. unless people like you are taking shots at me. i am slamming the kid that everyone is so quick to annoint as GOD because he has a high completion percentage and "poise" but cant throw a TD.

your ****box attitude and people like you are the ones that are precipitating all the bull****.

i guess i know how how the haters felt while they shat on jp for years and people like you had yet to flipflop and constantly talked **** to them.

gr8slayer
10-25-2007, 07:51 AM
He has the non-TD throwing ability of Tavaris Jackson.

Mitchy moo
10-25-2007, 07:52 AM
NOthing new, you've been hoping he falls flat on his face since his first snap.

I think it's more like he knew he'd fall flat on his face and we we're all in denial.

acehole
10-25-2007, 07:52 AM

It is the other way around..after four games and 3 starts he has been compared to B Farve and Joe Montanna...based on one 3 yard TD for every 4 int's ....with 11 for 34 on third down conversions. Are you Bills fans or T Edwards fans?

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 07:53 AM
He has the non-TD throwing ability of Tavaris Jackson.

that is pretty funny.

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 07:54 AM
It is the other way around..after four games and 3 starts he has been compared to B Farve and Joe Montanna...based on one 3 yard TD for every 4 int's ....with 11 for 34 on third down conversions. Are you Bills fans or T Edwards fans?

:up:

gr8slayer
10-25-2007, 07:55 AM
I think it's more like he knew he'd fall flat on his face and we we're all in denial.
His master-mindedness thinks that Trent Edwards is a football god, yet he hasn't thrown a TD in three games, and has failed to do so in a total of four out of five games thus far.

Don't fool yourself, he has an agenda, his knowledge is minute.

gr8slayer
10-25-2007, 07:55 AM
that is pretty funny.
That stats don't lie. Except QB rating, pure worthlessness.

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 07:56 AM
i cant wait till trent throws another td this weekend against the helpless jets..

the new "lickers" (wow.. i have never actually used that term before).. will be compairing him to jesus christ.

gr8slayer
10-25-2007, 07:59 AM
i cant wait till trent throws another td this weekend against the helpless jets..

the new "lickers" (wow.. i have never actually used that term before).. will be compairing him to jesus christ.
They've already begun. Apparently the plan is to grab Trent, throw him in an airplane, open the door, and have him piss out the fires in California. He's that powerful....

Next time there's a hurricane in the gulf they're going to parachute him into the eye of the storm and have him donkey punch it, the storm will immediately either turn around, or just cease to exist.

acehole
10-25-2007, 08:04 AM

A young Montana.

I agree a 12 year old Montana.....
That is pretty accurate....

mybills
10-25-2007, 08:06 AM
physically, mechanically and charcter wise who does he remind you of?

A young Montana.

:spit: How old are you?

Mitchy moo
10-25-2007, 08:07 AM
His master-mindedness thinks that Trent Edwards is a football god, yet he hasn't thrown a TD in three games, and has failed to do so in a total of four out of five games thus far.

Don't fool yourself, he has an agenda, his knowledge is minute.

We have 3 stat padding teams coming up, it will make everyone here feel better.

mybills
10-25-2007, 08:07 AM
I agree a 12 year old Montana.....
That is pretty accurate....
:rofl: I didn't see this before I posted!
:hi5:

gr8slayer
10-25-2007, 08:09 AM
We have 3 stat padding teams coming up, it will make everyone here feel better.
NYJ is just as bad now as they were a few weeks ago, yet he was only able to rack up one TD, that won't do.

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 08:13 AM
if edwards doesnt pad his stats against the next three teams, then he should be benched.

DraftBoy
10-25-2007, 08:14 AM
if edwards doesnt pad his stats against the next three teams, then he should be benched.

In favor of whom? Hamdan?

gr8slayer
10-25-2007, 08:15 AM

I don't know about benched but it wouldn't be promising. If he goes five, six games without a TD I want a new QB in the first round next year.

gr8slayer
10-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Nall Ball baby................ ermmmm.............. wait........................ never mind.

DraftBoy
10-25-2007, 08:21 AM
Oh and the Dilfer comparison is spot on

DraftBoy
10-25-2007, 08:22 AM
Nall Ball baby................ ermmmm.............. wait........................ never mind.

Bench him for the guy in my avatar because at this point he cant be any worse

mybills

and Ralph should fire certain idiots that keep saying "He's GREAT!".

gr8slayer
Oh and the Dilfer comparison is spot on
Oh yeah, no doubt. Didn't even think about him....

gr8slayer
10-25-2007, 08:23 AM
and Ralph should fire certain idiots that keep saying "He's GREAT!".
Ralph should fire himself just for being Ralph.

Mitchy moo
10-25-2007, 08:43 AM
The coaches made a decision, we have the best QB we have on the field that gives us the best chance to win. To not support TE means you are not supporting the team and it's decisions. Edwards is going to have a field day against the next 3 teams. All 3 teams rank near last in total D and we will be able to score on them. If the D plays at the level they have, we will have no troubles becoming 5-4.

gr8slayer
10-25-2007, 08:45 AM
The coaches made a decision, we have the best QB we have on the field that gives us the best chance to win. To not support TE means you are not supporting the team and it's decisions. Edwards is going to have a field day against the next 3 teams. All 3 teams rank near last in total D and we will be able to score on them. If the D plays at the level they have, we will have no troubles becoming 5-4.
Funny how this double standard did not apply to people who weren't in support of Losman :rolleyes:

BTW Skooby, you are well aware that Edwards already played the Jets once and put up less than impressive numbers right?

DraftBoy
10-25-2007, 08:45 AM

Save your crappy rhettoric you said the same thing last year when people started to be critical of JP

gr8slayer
10-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Save your crappy rhettoric you said the same thing last year when people started to be critical of JP
:snicker:

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 08:47 AM

sure.. why not.. i read that he has great "poise".

gr8slayer
10-25-2007, 08:49 AM
But can he throw at least one TD every three games?

mybills
10-25-2007, 08:49 AM
:rofl:

mybills
10-25-2007, 08:51 AM
To not support TE means you are not supporting the team and it's decisions.
so when the team had JP at the helm, and people supported him, and SAB called those people "lickers".............:blah:

Dantheman1280
10-25-2007, 08:52 AM
TE=AVP

gr8slayer
10-25-2007, 08:52 AM
TE=AVP
Oh no............

jpdex12
10-25-2007, 08:57 AM
by the way.. i am not slamming posters.. unless people like you are taking shots at me. i am slamming the kid that everyone is so quick to annoint as GOD because he has a high completion percentage and "poise" but cant throw a TD.

your ****box attitude and people like you are the ones that are precipitating all the bull****.

i guess i know how how the haters felt while they shat on jp for years and people like you had yet to flipflop and constantly talked **** to them.

I have supported JP and never said anything about his play but TE has looked better then JP and you can tell that TE has more of a presence than JP. He doesn't have the "deer in the headlights" play. It's the NFL not a popularity contest so the better player will win out. Rightfully so! Do you want someone as our QB because it's the fair thing to do or because they are better than the other. If you are a true fan of the team and not the player then you would want the better QB to be starting.

We are only fans. I am only a fan. But I have watched enough football and played enough football to have the common sense to know that TE has "IT". Apparently, the coaching staff that gets paid millions and has eaten, sleeped and breathed football for years thinks the same. So they started TE rather then JP and there is nothing you can do about it but complain and hate on others that support and agree with their decision.

Sore losers?

Wys Guy
10-25-2007, 08:58 AM
TE=AVP

Interesting.

We should have a much better idea by season's end.

Keep in mind, he is a rookie. So many of you are so desperate to see some semblance of something good that your levels of patience are slim to nil. Give the kid some time for cryin' out loud.

We have this revolving door of QBs here and the most known quantity, ahead of time QBs like Bledsoe, get the most time in spite of everything about them being fully known. The ones that need time are the rookies.

Besides, it's gonna be a long time, if it ever happens and I say it won't before we move, but it ain't gonna be next season or the one after that we're good again. So as long as most of you haven't thrown your hands into the air like I have, permanently now, at least tell yourself that it's gonna be at least four or five more seasons and have some freakin' patience.

Once Levy and Jauron, and their cronies and the rest of Donadope's (Guy & Modrak) leave, then start looking at two or three seasons away. Not before. If we never get to that point, ... oh well.

But jumpin' jellybeans, let's give Edwards at least two seasons unlike JP got already.

jpdex12
10-25-2007, 08:59 AM
I don't know about benched but it wouldn't be promising. If he goes five, six games without a TD I want a new QB in the first round next year.

Yeah, that's the solution.

jpdex12
10-25-2007, 09:00 AM
:rofl: I didn't see this before I posted!
:hi5:

Real mature and thought provocative isn't it?

How old are some of the posters on this site anyway?

jpdex12
10-25-2007, 09:02 AM

Yeah let's bench a rookie if he doesn't look like Tom Brady after 4 games. What does that say about your boyfriend JP when that rookie replaced him because of better play? (insert foot in mouth)

mybills
10-25-2007, 09:02 AM
let's give Edwards at least two seasons unlike JP got already.
now, now, wys...JP got two. Some games one year, some the next year, 2 games this year..he had his "full season" chance. :chuckle:

mybills
10-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Prolly older than someone who thinks TE is = to Montana.

M
10-25-2007, 09:08 AM
We should have a much better idea by season's end.

Keep in mind, he is a rookie. So many of you are so desperate to see some semblance of something good that your levels of patience are slim to nil. Give the kid some time for cryin' out loud.

And some are annointing him savior.

That is exactly why, jpdex12, I don't like comparisons so early on. I wasn't trying to be a smart a$$.

Wys Guy
10-25-2007, 09:08 AM

Well, I can't speak for what Skooby said last year, but JP did pitch 12 TDs/8 INTs over the last 7 games last season.

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Real mature and thought provocative isn't it?

im 32, but i act like i am 27.5 a lot.

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Well, I can't speak for what Skooby said last year, but JP did pitch 12 TDs/8 INTs over the last 7 games last season.

correct.

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 09:12 AM
Yeah let's bench a rookie if he doesn't look like Tom Brady after 4 games. What does that say about your boyfriend JP when that rookie replaced him because of better play? (insert foot in mouth)

ooooo.. now jp is my boyfriend. that cuts to the bone..

keeping coming, Captain Smartypants!

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 09:15 AM
there is nothing you can do about it but complain and hate on others that support and agree with their decision.

Sore losers?

im not hating on others.. im hating on the decision.. your attempting to take personal shots at me, like many others.. im not sitting here saying trent edwards is dating your mom.. because that would be ridiculous.. trent edwards is a starting nfl qb.. he has way better options at this point.

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 09:20 AM

im pretty positive that it says that the coaches really screwed the pooch.. divided the team.. and will get fired after we suck balls again this season.. then jp will be gone.. and trent edwards will be gone too after the new coach comes in an picks his guy.. which will probably be some toolbag like craig nall or the like. then we can rinse and repeat over again every 2-3 years. right up until ralph dies and the team moves. what is there to not be excited about?

:brush:

mybills
10-25-2007, 09:22 AM
im not hating on others.. im hating on the decision.. your attempting to take personal shots at me, like many others.. im not sitting here saying trent edwards is dating your mom.. because that would be ridiculous.. trent edwards is a starting nfl qb.. he has way better options at this point.

He's got to have his head in the game!
http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/2614038.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934A2752006EF5F0EDE01FAEDB4BAC7F255A5397277B4DC33E

DraftBoy
10-25-2007, 09:24 AM
GIBRIL BALL!!!!

DraftBoy
10-25-2007, 09:32 AM
Alright boys you've had your fun chill out now

GoBenGo
10-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Wow a lot of ambitiuos comparisons! Some very realistic ones also. But I think he looks a lot like another rookie, Anderson in Browntown. Both have nerves of steel and physical gifts. Edwards needs to open up down field though.
No comparo's to Eli? one could make a good case.

justasportsfan
10-25-2007, 10:26 AM
I have supported JP and never said anything about his play but TE has looked better then JP and you can tell that TE has more of a presence than JP. He doesn't have the "deer in the headlights" play. The last time Isaw that deer in headlights face was with TE against the cowboys when he looked to go deep. Same thing Jp went thru.

When TE is playing it's not hard to see that the gameplan is to get rid of the ball quick. WR start running short routes , TE get's rid of the ball fast, OL looks better than it is, we control the clock , BUT WE CAN't SCORE.

D's will always give you the short passes.Lets look in house, our D always gives O's the dinks and dunks. That's how we beat the jets and Ravens and almost beat the cowboys.

The OL is getting better in pass blocking but we're also dinking and dunking more often with TE than with JP so it's really hard to see how they will hold up in the deep ball.

People here say that we need better wr's in the redzone but we don't have a problem moving the ball with short routes?

IMO we have the wrs. We didn't have a problem getting the ball in the endzone via the wr's last year. Our Problem was punching the ball with Willis. This year it's the same thing, our problem is the OL not being able to dominate in the endzone.

When JP was the qb, the gameplan was to go deeper. Going deep opens up the passing and running game . Problem is, the OL wasn't holdin up in the first few games. Again , it affected the gameplan to go deep. The gameplan in the first few games was simple, get Lynch to come out early in the season and get the ball to Evans. Our OL couldn't to their part.

Thats' when the players started calling Fairchild out.

blackonyx89
10-25-2007, 10:50 AM
He reminds me of a young Montana. He also reminds me of Sylar from Heroes.

:biggrin:

Throne Logic
10-25-2007, 10:56 AM
The guy I saw flipping burgers down at McDonalds. . .

Bulldog
10-25-2007, 11:18 AM

I just hope some other team is stupid enough to give Buffalo draft picks while they wait another couple of years for Losman to "develop".

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 11:25 AM
so buffalo can keep drafting qbs.. and waiting for them to develope, then bench them for the most recent rookie they drafted.. either way, we are still the losers.

DraftBoy
10-25-2007, 03:09 PM
so buffalo can keep drafting qbs.. and waiting for them to develope, then bench them for the most recent rookie they drafted.. either way, we are still the losers.
Imo, we give Edwards this year and next, in the offseason we pickup a project type QB. Say a Josh Johnson (guy in my avatar) or a Ricky Santos who we sit for a full year (no questions asked) and let develop and learn, the next offseason we have a true competition, and go on from there. If Edwars turns out to be the savior we are good and we can trade our backup with a ton of potential away, or our backup beats out Edwards and he is trade bait. Point is that it needs to be a project QB, with a high ceiling and rough edges so there is no desire to play him next season.

justasportsfan
10-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Imo, we give Edwards this year and next, in the offseason we pickup a project type QB. Say a Josh Johnson (guy in my avatar) or a Ricky Santos who we sit for a full year (no questions asked) and let develop and learn, the next offseason we have a true competition, and go on from there. If Edwars turns out to be the savior we are good and we can trade our backup with a ton of potential away, or our backup beats out Edwards and he is trade bait. Point is that it needs to be a project QB, with a high ceiling and rough edges so there is no desire to play him next season.

What? Thats not gonna work. There are no if's. Marv and Dick better get it right with Trent or there is no tomorrow. Bills moves to another city.

You have long time fans like Jan slowly giving up on the bills . It won't be long before Pinto Kenny trades in the pinto for a scooter if the bills have to go through another rebuilding process.

IMO , the bills lived and will die with the original owner and the MAn who brought them to glory, MArv.

Trent better be the saviour.

mybills
10-25-2007, 03:44 PM
You have long time fans like Jan slowly giving up on the bills . It won't be long before Pinto Kenny trades in the pinto for a scooter.

I've been thinking of changing my to your. :ill:

justasportsfan
10-25-2007, 03:46 PM
I've been thinking of changing my to your. :ill:
you're

DraftBoy
10-25-2007, 03:48 PM
What? Thats not gonna work. There are no if's. Marv and Dick better get it right with Trent or there is no tomorrow. Bills moves to another city.

You have long time fans like Jan slowly giving up on the bills . It won't be long before Pinto Kenny trades in the pinto for a scooter if the bills have to go through another rebuilding process.

IMO , the bills lived and will die with the original owner and the MAn who brought them to glory, MArv.

I hope your sarcasm is as evident as I think it is

justasportsfan
10-25-2007, 03:57 PM
I hope your sarcasm is as evident as I think it is

partly sarcastic. Kenny would never trade his pinto for a scooter :D but the bills will be gone. Wilson is already on his hands and knees tryng to get something done which will mean nothing if he can't put a winning product on the field.

mybills
10-25-2007, 04:08 PM
you're

yourbills, you'rebills, whatever. :chuckle:

Johnny Bugmenot
10-25-2007, 05:23 PM
you're

No, it's "your," as in possessive, not "you're" as in "you are," the contraction.

Good grief, does anyone know their pronouns anymore?

jamze132
10-25-2007, 05:29 PM
because the only way to be a good qb that throws for more than 150 yards and actually throw tds, is to have 2 stud wrs.. not other qbs in the league have just one stud and actually do well.

kitna has 3 stud wrs.. williams, furrey, and calvin.. he threw for 150 yards and no tds this week.. so maybe you have to have 4?

like moss, stallworth, welker, and ben watson.
Brady didn't have any studs last year, what was his excuse for putting up 4000?

FanMarino
10-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Give him some time. Let him learn and let him play and then decide. Way too early to compare to anyone. Just hope losing doesnt dent his learing curve. He must be doing something right though.

im4bflo
10-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Right now, no better than Holcomb, who got beat out by Losman.
JP will get another chance, :popcorn:

gr8slayer
10-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Kyle Boller with a much weaker arm.

Mitchy moo
10-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Funny how this double standard did not apply to people who weren't in support of Losman :rolleyes:

BTW Skooby, you are well aware that Edwards already played the Jets once and put up less than impressive numbers right?

Was that his first start?? Wow, amazing he didn't crank it right out of the park.

We lost our freaking home game last year against the Jets with JP at the helm, I should know i was the stupid one standing behond the Bills bench when that storm of all storms rolled in when we we're actually trying to drive to tie it.

We went to NY later in the season and shut them down, with JP at the helm.

SABURZFAN
10-25-2007, 08:15 PM
The guy I saw flipping burgers down at McDonalds. . .

i bet that was Patrick76777 that you saw.people claim that they look alike.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=137913

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Brady didn't have any studs last year, what was his excuse for putting up 4000?

he is god.. best qb ever in the history of the world.. other than that.. im not sure.

dannyek71
10-26-2007, 06:03 AM
Michael Vick

dannyek71
10-26-2007, 06:03 AM
Kelly Holcomb

jpdex12
10-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Prolly older than someone who thinks TE is = to Montana.

Can parts of a great players game remind someone of a new young player in the league? That is what I was comparing. Obviously TE is not playing like the Joe Montana that we all remember. I am saying that there are certain parts of his game that remind me of when Montana was playing in his youth.

So for you to create a mockery of my comparison shows that you are against TE just because he stole your boy JP's glory.

Why don't you try to not be so obvious about this and just support the team as many of us did when JP was the starter?

jpdex12
10-26-2007, 08:34 AM
And some are annointing him savior.

That is exactly why, jpdex12, I don't like comparisons so early on. I wasn't trying to be a smart a$$.

Well, I wasn't trying to annoint anyone as our savior. I don't want to jump the gun and compare anyone to a great QB, but I did. I am not saying that TE is Montana. There are certain things that TE has done so far that remind me of some of the good qaulities that Montana possessed early on in his career. TE may end up being a flop for all we know. I hope not, but there is nothing with being excited over a new QB that I think is playing well and could lead this team to some successful stability. Too bad others here don't agree with a fan being able to show some elation.

I'll remind them all in a few years about this comparison when TE plays in a probowl. Rich Gannon already explained his reason for thinking that TE is impressive. There TE doubters, critisize that!

jpdex12
10-26-2007, 08:40 AM
im pretty positive that it says that the coaches really screwed the pooch.. divided the team.. and will get fired after we suck balls again this season.. then jp will be gone.. and trent edwards will be gone too after the new coach comes in an picks his guy.. which will probably be some toolbag like craig nall or the like. then we can rinse and repeat over again every 2-3 years. right up until ralph dies and the team moves. what is there to not be excited about?

:brush:

Yeah they really divided the team. They are all fighting and ready to kill eachother. You hear one person voice their concern (Evans) about making a decision and sticking with it and next thing you know the whole team is fighting. You should be in the media!

Last I knew we won our previous game... The Bills could have fallen apart after all of the injuries and QB switch but it appears to me that they are fighting to win and showing some character. What team are you watching?

jpdex12
10-26-2007, 08:45 AM
The last time Isaw that deer in headlights face was with TE against the cowboys when he looked to go deep. Same thing Jp went thru.

When TE is playing it's not hard to see that the gameplan is to get rid of the ball quick. WR start running short routes , TE get's rid of the ball fast, OL looks better than it is, we control the clock , BUT WE CAN't SCORE.

D's will always give you the short passes.Lets look in house, our D always gives O's the dinks and dunks. That's how we beat the jets and Ravens and almost beat the cowboys.

The OL is getting better in pass blocking but we're also dinking and dunking more often with TE than with JP so it's really hard to see how they will hold up in the deep ball.

People here say that we need better wr's in the redzone but we don't have a problem moving the ball with short routes?

IMO we have the wrs. We didn't have a problem getting the ball in the endzone via the wr's last year. Our Problem was punching the ball with Willis. This year it's the same thing, our problem is the OL not being able to dominate in the endzone.

When JP was the qb, the gameplan was to go deeper. Going deep opens up the passing and running game . Problem is, the OL wasn't holdin up in the first few games. Again , it affected the gameplan to go deep. The gameplan in the first few games was simple, get Lynch to come out early in the season and get the ball to Evans. Our OL couldn't to their part.

Thats' when the players started calling Fairchild out.

You guys are pathetic! How come we have a few pissed JP fans on thsi website that see what you see but every stinking analyst in the NFL think that TE has looked great for a rookie? Your true colors are gleaming through!

We scored on the deep ball last year a lot in the second half. That should have opened up the run more and also the short and intermediate routes. JP had trouble hitting those routes and we also struggled in the redzone.

???

mybills
10-26-2007, 08:50 AM
So for you to create a mockery of my comparison shows that you are against TE just because he stole your boy JP's glory.

Trust me, that's all in YOUR head.
Looks like some of you zone in on any compliment or support given to JP, and that makes ya'll the hater, not me. I've said several times that I don't have a problem with either QB. You haters want me to have a problem with JP just because you do? :dizzy:
Sorry, but, I'm not gonna hate JP when the real screw ups are the coaching staff.

Philagape
10-26-2007, 09:08 AM
A QB after the first four games of his career reminds me of no one. Ask again next year.

North_Coast
10-26-2007, 09:52 AM
how bout chad pennington, but not as good.

He's got a long way to go before he's half as smart as Penney.

He has a better arm because he hasn't had the shoulder injuries CP has had. He's in no way as mobile, either (more like Holcomb), but he does seem to have a propensity for throwing the same kind of INTs at about the same time as Pennington does, though.

jpdex12
10-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Trust me, that's all in YOUR head.
Looks like some of you zone in on any compliment or support given to JP, and that makes ya'll the hater, not me. I've said several times that I don't have a problem with either QB. You haters want me to have a problem with JP just because you do? :dizzy:
Sorry, but, I'm not gonna hate JP when the real screw ups are the coaching staff.

I never disliked JP. TE is the better QB at this time so that is why we have this issue. OBD had to have known this might come to fruition because they drafted him for a reason. We didn't draft a QB in round three just to be a solid back up when we had other areas on this team that we could have addressed in the draft.

jpdex12
10-26-2007, 10:34 AM
A QB after the first four games of his career reminds me of no one. Ask again next year.

Forgive me. I should have reviewed the BillsZone rules and regulations before I tried to make such an early analysis.

On the bright side, this thread did manage to obtain quite a few posts! yahoo!

justasportsfan
10-26-2007, 10:35 AM
You guys are pathetic! How come we have a few pissed JP fans on thsi website that see what you see but every stinking analyst in the NFL think that TE has looked great for a rookie? Your true colors are gleaming through!

We scored on the deep ball last year a lot in the second half. That should have opened up the run more and also the short and intermediate routes. JP had trouble hitting those routes and we also struggled in the redzone.

???
Don't blame me, blame the coaches. They failed to create a running game last year and we're still struggling today.

I never denied TE is doing well for a rookie but anyone can see the gameplan has changed to get rid of the ball quick. I too am impressed with Edwards for a rookie ,but you guys talk like he's the next Kelly with a Holcomb like performance.

I don't have to worry about what every analyst says about TE, they also said a lot of good things about JP in the 2nd half of last season. In case you haven't noticed these analyst are the biggest hams. Their opinions change on a daily basis to protect their image.

mybills
10-26-2007, 10:35 AM
If they drafted him to be the starter, they wouldn't have put JP in this year at all.
They did this all on a wish and a prayer, which doesn't spell competence, or confidence for any one on the team.

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 10:39 AM
On the bright side, this thread did manage to obtain quite a few posts! yahoo!

It put gas on a fire.