PDA

View Full Version : leadership? what leadership?

jamesiscool
10-25-2007, 01:01 AM
"We knew he [Willis McGahee (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/tag/WillisMcGahee/)] should have touched the ball when you have a fourth-and-one. Old-school football is old-school football. If there is a yard I need to get, there is a running back, a fullback and an offense that is meant to get that.

"You can't make oranges be peaches. It doesn't change. It will never change. That's what Billick has to ask himself, why we keep putting ourselves in those situations. In the Cincinnati game, that cost us with those same decisions."

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/10/23/ray-lewis-questions-brian-billicks-playcalling/

Take notice, a player on a team doesn't like a coaches decision, so he speaks out, because thats what LEADERS do.

If the players can't keep the coaches accountable and speak what they think and is a legitimate concern then who will.

marv? ralph? don't think so guys. all i as is for one single player to step up and show ANY signs of leadership. lierally anything. i dont care what it is seriously.

if theres anything this team is lacking its a vocal leader on the field that can keep people accountable for their assignments and keep everyone grounded. not once have i seen/heard anyone on this roster make a fuss over the coaches questionable play callings week in and week out.

I think Ray Lewis has every right to tell the media he thinks that billicks play call wasn't the right one and I think every player has a right to do so. It's a sign of a leader, and guess what Bills fans, we do't have one.

YardRat
10-25-2007, 05:33 AM
A player has to prove himself on the field on a consistent basis and earn the leadership role from his teammates before he 'earns' the right to call out the coaches, and we don't have anybody that's done that yet.

Mitchy moo
10-25-2007, 05:39 AM
A player has to prove himself on the field on a consistent basis and earn the leadership role from his teammates before he 'earns' the right to call out the coaches, and we don't have anybody that's done that yet.

Calling out a coach on a play is really a different scenario than telling a coach which player should play.

billsburgh
10-25-2007, 07:19 AM
Calling out a coach on a play is really a different scenario than telling a coach which player should play.
no it isn't. both players are questioning decisions made by coaches. Billick decided to pass when he should have ran and Jauron decided to start Edwards.

Inetpub
10-25-2007, 07:27 AM
no it isn't. both players are questioning decisions made by coaches. Billick decided to pass when he should have ran and Jauron decided to start Edwards.

Its up to the COACHES to call the plays. Its up to the Players to execute. I dont come in your workplace and do you job. I dont tell you how to wash dishes at your job. Now dont go telling me how to be a electrical engineer.

DO YOUR JOBS PLAYERS and shut it. Let the coaches make the decisions. If he calls a 45 yard pass on a 3rd and 1, let him. Its up to the players to execute. Cant get it done? Dont blame the coaches. Blame the coaches on the call. NOT THE PLAY EXECUTION.

Inetpub
10-25-2007, 07:30 AM
This isnt high school playground football. Everyone has a job. Its up to them to do it well. Players play the game. Coaches get them ready and call what they think will get them there. Do you see anyone in NE or Indy questioning the playcalling?

Bunch of sissy men on the football field doesnt cut it as the NFL.

jamesiscool
10-25-2007, 07:58 AM
Do you see anyone in NE or Indy questioning the playcalling?

do you see NE or indy losing? or even playing poorly?

didn't think so.

Jan Reimers
10-25-2007, 08:07 AM
Ray Lewis is not a leader. He is a loud mouthed jerk. The two are often confused.

billsburgh
10-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Its up to the COACHES to call the plays. Its up to the Players to execute. I dont come in your workplace and do you job. I dont tell you how to wash dishes at your job. Now dont go telling me how to be a electrical engineer.

DO YOUR JOBS PLAYERS and shut it. Let the coaches make the decisions. If he calls a 45 yard pass on a 3rd and 1, let him. Its up to the players to execute. Cant get it done? Dont blame the coaches. Blame the coaches on the call. NOT THE PLAY EXECUTION.
Do you ever question decisions made by or orders given by your boss? Even if you know what you boss is doing isn't the best choice for the given circumstances? That is the ussue here. not execution by the players. It's a matter of the players questioning the coaches ability to give them the best chance of winning.