PDA

View Full Version : A few words about the coaching

Wally The Barber
10-25-2007, 08:10 AM
Dick Jauron has made a few mistakes but you need to look closser

Has the team improved over the last 3 games

How many mental mistakes do you see on Sunday?

Would you say Trent Edwards is unprepared?

With the injuries, has the team played better then you expected?

Has the team given up on 2007 like the Jets and Dolphins?

Seems to me Coaching is a strength for this team.....

But that's just me!

gr8slayer
10-25-2007, 08:13 AM

Has the team improved over the last 3 games. Yes

How many mental mistakes do you see on Sunday? Few

Would you say Trent Edwards is unprepared? An NFL QB should never be ill-prepared.

With the injuries, has the team played better then you expected? Yes

Has the team given up on 2007 like the Jets and Dolphins? No comment

But that's just me!

Pride
10-25-2007, 08:20 AM
Agreed... well posted!

My only coaching issue thus far is with the conservative use of the WR's by Fairchild.

Wally The Barber
10-25-2007, 08:22 AM
Agreed... well posted!

My only coaching issue thus far is with the conservative use of the WR's by Fairchild.

The coaching staff has done real well and I find it hard to fault anyone but I would like a few calls back!

But overall, they did great!

Think about the injuries

don137
10-25-2007, 08:24 AM
I feel preparation during the week is very good but calls and adjustments during the game are just putrid. We need someone who is good at both preparation and game time adjustments and calls.

mybills
10-25-2007, 08:25 AM
what's "closser"?

Jan Reimers
10-25-2007, 08:26 AM
A few mistakes? Idiotic play calling and horrific game management cost us both the Denver and Dallas games.

I just can't give a pass to a coaching staff that is directly responsible for losing 2 of our first 6 games, and play called so consevatively in the Steeler and Pats' games as to give us absolutely no chance.

Wally The Barber
10-25-2007, 08:27 AM
I feel preparation during the week is very good but calls and adjustments during the game are just putrid. We need someone who is good at both preparation and game time adjustments and calls.

Hire somebody to make the calls....many teams do this!

mybills
10-25-2007, 08:29 AM
Wally must be watching the games a lot closser than some of us. :D

BuffaloBlakely14
10-25-2007, 08:31 AM
I agree. This staff definitely knows what they are doing Mon-Sat. This team has yet to come out looking unprepared (the games we got torched in the teams are significantly better), but the ingame stuff is ridiculous.

To me, this seems to indicate that Coach Richard Jauron is doing his job for the most part, and that maybe Mr. Fairchild is the problem. His play calling is suspect at best. Why does that seem to be a reoccuring issue here. In game playcalling being terrible. We need a new OC, I think Jauron and Fewell are doing their jobs well for the most part.

The rest of the media is raving about how scrappy and how the Bills are battling, they just have had some bad breaks, and terrible injury luck, but they are playing with a lot of character and heart. At this point that is a huge ray of light, and provides hope for the rest of the season.

mybills
10-25-2007, 08:36 AM
How can anyone use the injury excuse in the Baltimore game? :scratch:

jpdex12
10-25-2007, 08:47 AM
How can anyone use the injury excuse in the Baltimore game? :scratch:

JC, give me a break! Didn't we win that game? It wasn't the greatest show on turf but we won. Would you complain because you won the lottery and it wasn't a big enough payout?

mybills
10-25-2007, 08:55 AM
JC, give me a break! Didn't we win that game? It wasn't the greatest show on turf but we won. Would you complain because you won the lottery and it wasn't a big enough payout?
I'll slow it down for you....

Baltimore was also loaded with injuries.

Wally The Barber
10-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Wally must be watching the games a lot closser than some of us. :D

I am impressed with a rookie running a no huddle and the lack of mental mistakes that cost games.

Yes, I watch the game atleast 3 times per week!

Night Train
10-25-2007, 01:10 PM
A few mistakes? Idiotic play calling and horrific game management cost us both the Denver and Dallas games.

And tried like hell to give away the Baltimore game this past weekend with another insane pass call at the wrong time. Unreal !

I swear, Jauron and/or Fairchild is the dumb kid who can't believe the coals are still hot " ouch,OK let's try again..Ouch,OK let's try again... OUCH,OK let's.." .

How many times must they be freakin' burned before they wise up ?

The Answer
10-25-2007, 01:21 PM

But that's just me!

If The Corpse gets this team to 8-8 or better he deserves coach of the year IMO - especially considering all the injuries and turmoil within this organization.....

~The Answer

Wally The Barber
10-25-2007, 01:26 PM
If The Corpse gets this team to 8-8 or better he deserves coach of the year IMO - especially considering all the injuries and turmoil within this organization.....

~The Answer

What Turmoil?

The Answer
10-25-2007, 01:31 PM
What Turmoil?

Loserman VS. Edwards controversy

Talk of playing games in Toronto

Kevin Everett

Ralph Wilson being the evil troll that he is on a daily basis

Just to name a few....

~The Answer

justasportsfan
10-25-2007, 02:32 PM

But that's just me!
It's all about making the postseason Wally. I agree Dicks players never give up on him against the odds. In the end , you will be judged based on making post season and then the sb.

Let's keep our eyes on the prize, a sb win. respect means nothing without a sb win. Ask Marv and Kelly.

OpIv37
10-25-2007, 02:37 PM

we won in spite of the coaching decisions, not because of them.

Jauron deserves credit for having the team prepared and having a good game plan 9 out of 10 times. Where he consistently fails is in-game decision-making. He picks the worst times to gamble and the worst times to play conservative, and his clock management is nothing short of horrendous.

We won- we accomplished the immediate goal. That's a good thing. But you have to be at least a little concerned that Jauron and Fairchild almost blew the game the same way they blew the Denver and Dallas games.

jamze132
10-25-2007, 06:09 PM
we won in spite of the coaching decisions, not because of them.

Jauron deserves credit for having the team prepared and having a good game plan 9 out of 10 times. Where he consistently fails is in-game decision-making. He picks the worst times to gamble and the worst times to play conservative, and his clock management is nothing short of horrendous.

We won- we accomplished the immediate goal. That's a good thing. But you have to be at least a little concerned that Jauron and Fairchild almost blew the game the same way they blew the Denver and Dallas games.
I couldn't agree more! :bf1:

How many times have we had the ball with less then 2 min to go before halftime and we just run it and try to beat the clock to the locker room? It's ****in' rediculous. And how many times have we had the ball the last 2 min of the game and held onto it? Uh...

Michael82
10-25-2007, 07:04 PM

How many times have we had the ball with less then 2 min to go before halftime and we just run it and try to beat the clock to the locker room? It's ****in' rediculous. And how many times have we had the ball the last 2 min of the game and held onto it? Uh...
That's the thing that pisses me off the most. Even with 3 timeouts and a minute to go, Jauron doesn't have the balls to run a 2 minute drill and try to get some points on the board. He'd rather just run the ball and punt it or run the ball and head to the locker room. Even when the team is down, he'd rather take a knee. It really bothers me, because it happens every single week. :mad:

YardRat
10-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Just as no player ever plays a perfect game, no coach ever coaches one either.

Bad calls and mistakes are always magnified after a loss or 'close win', just as bad execution by players are.

Execution had just as much to do with the losses to Denver and Dallas as coaching did, if not more.

SABURZFAN
10-25-2007, 10:01 PM
The coaching staff has done real well and I find it hard to fault anyone but I would like a few calls back!

But overall, they did great!

Think about the injuries

i think Dick has done ok but nothing spectacular.as for the Dicks in here,that's a different story.

Night Train
10-26-2007, 02:40 AM

And that's the rub.

Jauron keeps stressing 60 minutes of football but does little positive in the last 2 minutes of each half.

djjimkelly
10-26-2007, 02:59 AM
I am impressed with a rookie running a no huddle and the lack of mental mistakes that cost games.

Yes, I watch the game atleast 3 times per week!

had baltimore had any amount of offense the 1 HUGE Mental mistake would have cost us game.

but lets give trent a pass for staring down evans then missing him badly on the 10 yard pass.

HE PLAYED ****ING GREAT LOL

BillsFever21
10-26-2007, 04:34 AM
It's a little to late to be using injuries as an excuse. Most of our injuries to begin with was with lower level players and not any major important stars. We have just about everybody back and never had anybody of any major importantce. We had mostly backups and role players injured.

Plus just about EVERY team had a lot of injuries this year. The Ravens were just missing SIX STARTERS on offense and a couple on defense. Other teams have many injuries too. Some may not be the number of injuries but their injuries are to better and more important players.

Don't give me any crap that guys like Ellison, Wire, Denney and players like that make or break this team. They are bums and the guys behind them isn't much worse. That's what happens when you have a team of young average talent. The backups isn't very far behind the starters and the only difference was the starters may have had a year or so experience more.

John Doe
10-26-2007, 05:47 AM
It's a little to late to be using injuries as an excuse. Most of our injuries to begin with was with lower level players and not any major important stars. We have just about everybody back and never had anybody of any major importantce. We had mostly backups and role players injured.

Plus just about EVERY team had a lot of injuries this year. The Ravens were just missing SIX STARTERS on offense and a couple on defense. Other teams have many injuries too. Some may not be the number of injuries but their injuries are to better and more important players.

Don't give me any crap that guys like Ellison, Wire, Denney and players like that make or break this team. They are bums and the guys behind them isn't much worse. That's what happens when you have a team of young average talent. The backups isn't very far behind the starters and the only difference was the starters may have had a year or so experience more.

No way.

Losing 4 starters and 4 more key back-ups on your defense in the span of 3-4 weeks is a huge disadvantage.

Defense is a lot more that just putting 11 guys out there and telling them to play.

Philagape
10-26-2007, 08:49 AM
But you have to be at least a little concerned that Jauron and Fairchild almost blew the game the same way they blew the Denver and Dallas games.

Not to mention the second-last play of the Dallas game where everyone in the stadium knew the player had to go out of bounds except Fewell. Even he admitted he brain-farted that one.

mybills
10-26-2007, 08:57 AM

Their last 4 minutes decisions suck, not just 2.

jamze132
10-26-2007, 12:36 PM
Their last 4 minutes decisions suck, not just 2.
You are correct, I guess I was being to nice?

mybills
10-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Let's hope they're not bone heads this week.