PDA

View Full Version : Why not have a CFL game in Buffalo

Forward_Lateral
10-25-2007, 08:15 AM
If Toronto and the CFL are so concerned with an NFL game in Toronto taking away some of their revenues, why not approach Ralph about hosting a summer CFL game in Buffalo? This might help the Argos and the CFL attract a few more fans from our neighbours, and who knows, maybe that could become a yearly thing. The CFL is mostly in the summer, so it would be a perfect time to do it in Buffalo.

:idunno: would any of you go?

THATHURMANATOR
10-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Because no one gives a **** about the CFL.

Forward_Lateral
10-25-2007, 08:21 AM
I agree, but maybe a game in Buffalo would help broaden the spectrum? Personally, I can't stand the CFL, but there's obviously people who like it, maybe there's an untapped resource in Buffalo?

DraftBoy
10-25-2007, 08:23 AM
Is the field big enough? Dont they need a bigger field for CFL games? And you'd sell maybe 5000 tickets

Forward_Lateral
10-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Is the field big enough? Dont they need a bigger field for CFL games? And you'd sell maybe 5000 tickets

Balls. I forgot about the field size. Oh well.

THATHURMANATOR
10-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Yeah I don't think there would be enough room length wise to accomodate. I suppose it would be decent enough in the summertime to catch a football game. Truth be told I would probably go because I love football. The main problem I have with the CFL is there games are never on here. Why don' t they put them on CBC?

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Nobody around here would go to that crap.

Bulldog
10-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Yeah I don't think there would be enough room length wise to accomodate. I suppose it would be decent enough in the summertime to catch a football game. Truth be told I would probably go because I love football. The main problem I have with the CFL is there games are never on here. Why don' t they put them on CBC?

Ditto. I would consider going just for the simple fact that baseball sucks and I love football.

blackonyx89
10-25-2007, 11:43 AM
I had a post about Buffalo getting a CFL team a while back. That might very well be the best option we have if we lose the Bills. It's not top shelf, but it's football.

:sorry:

Johnny Bugmenot
10-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Actually, I like it. They could use Dunn Tire Park for the game, and you know the tickets would generally be cheaper than Bills tickets so it would draw some football fans, particularly from across the border. That, and it would be a good way for the CFL to raise its profile in parts of the States (and not like they tried during that CFL USA expansion project into the same old failed markets like Vegas, Birmingham and Memphis).

Why not have the Tiger-Cats and/or the Argonauts play a game in the U.S.?

hammerbillsfan
10-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Why don' t they put them on CBC?

What are you talking about? :shakeno:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl-on-cbc/schedule.html

THATHURMANATOR
10-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Actually, I like it. They could use Dunn Tire Park for the game, and you know the tickets would generally be cheaper than Bills tickets so it would draw some football fans, particularly from across the border. That, and it would be a good way for the CFL to raise its profile in parts of the States (and not like they tried during that CFL USA expansion project into the same old failed markets like Vegas, Birmingham and Memphis).

Why not have the Tiger-Cats and/or the Argonauts play a game in the U.S.?
How the HELL would you fit a NFL field, let alone a CFL field in Dunn tire park???

THATHURMANATOR
10-25-2007, 12:30 PM
What are you talking about? :shakeno:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl-on-cbc/schedule.html
Oops I always work Saturdays.

jamze132
10-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I don't think a CFL game in Buffalo is going to get the locals all giddy!

YardRat
10-25-2007, 07:22 PM
Except for the issue with the field size, I don't think it would be a bad idea to at least attempt it once. I'd rather see the NBA return to the city, though.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-25-2007, 07:33 PM
How the HELL would you fit a NFL field, let alone a CFL field in Dunn tire park???

It would be easier than you think. When the CFL played in places like Memphis and Las Vegas they had a 140-yard field including the two 15-yard end zones (that's 420 feet). Now, if I recall correctly, the distance from home plate to the center field fence in Dunn Tire Park is about 425 feet, plus you have a few feet behind home plate to work with.

It's pretty easy to fit a football field into a baseball stadium. Three Rivers and Riverfront did it easily; when the XFL played in San Francisco they made PacBell Park work very nicely.

Now the Ralph, on the other hand, would be much less conducive since they're squeezed at the NFL regulation size as it is.

DraftBoy
10-26-2007, 08:03 AM
425 ft to dead center? thats a hell of a pitchers park

hydro
10-26-2007, 08:09 AM
It would be easier than you think. When the CFL played in places like Memphis and Las Vegas they had a 140-yard field including the two 15-yard end zones (that's 420 feet). Now, if I recall correctly, the distance from home plate to the center field fence in Dunn Tire Park is about 425 feet, plus you have a few feet behind home plate to work with.

It's pretty easy to fit a football field into a baseball stadium. Three Rivers and Riverfront did it easily; when the XFL played in San Francisco they made PacBell Park work very nicely.

Now the Ralph, on the other hand, would be much less conducive since they're squeezed at the NFL regulation size as it is.

The center field of Dunn Tire Park is definitely not 425ft. More like 400 to 410 max.