PDA

View Full Version : GR on Posluszny this morning

chernobylwraiths
10-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Apparently, Posluszny might be ready to play in four weeks which would give him the last 6 weeks of the season. Good thing they put him on season ending IR and signed a few nobody LBs and keep four tight ends on the roster. I thought when they put him on season ending IR that he must have been really bad with the arm. Why put him on and keep Denney off? Didn't Peerless not go on for a week?

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 11:29 AM
i really couldnt understand that as well. i have never seen a broken arm take 16 weeks to heal.

THATHURMANATOR
10-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Is it too late to make the change of status? :ill:

The Answer
10-25-2007, 11:30 AM
Apparently, Posluszny might be ready to play in four weeks which would give him the last 6 weeks of the season. Good thing they put him on season ending IR and signed a few nobody LBs and keep four tight ends on the roster. I thought when they put him on season ending IR that he must have been really bad with the arm. Why put him on and keep Denney off? Didn't Peerless not go on for a week?

The Answer sees where your coming from - but honestly with the way this defense is playing does it really matter?

Digi is a lot better than people give him credit for and with Poz's return next year (along with simpson, new draft picks, FA, etc) we are all of a sudden going to be a pretty deep unit on defense.

~The Answer

billsburgh
10-25-2007, 11:32 AM
The Answer sees where your coming from - but honestly with the way this defense is playing does it really matter?

Digi is a lot better than people give him credit for and with Poz's return next year (along with simpson, new draft picks, FA, etc) we are all of a sudden going to be a pretty deep unit on defense.

~The Answer
same old story. it's always wait until next year for this team.

The last buffalo fan
10-25-2007, 11:34 AM

~The Answer

:bf1: :up:

Michael82
10-25-2007, 11:53 AM
That whole situation just pisses me off. I would have preferred Denney or someone else to go on IR. Or else cut one of our extra RBs or something. It was pathetic to put hm on IR with broken arm and just another stupid thing that this idiot coaching staff did. :mad:

madness
10-25-2007, 12:10 PM

I'd rather have Poz back next season with a 100% healthy arm and in game shape. Both aren't going to happen any time this year.

SquishDaFish
10-25-2007, 12:14 PM
The BillsIN05 says this is Just another reason why this coaching staff and organization is a complete JOKE!

ghz in pittsburgh
10-25-2007, 12:15 PM
I guess you must be really pissed every time a lottery drawing is done, right? We are into the 5th week after Poz injury and we learned a little more about his recover etc. NOW! How many of you are in medical forecast business to predict this back then in Foxborough?

There is a range of recovery time for this type of injury. And it's not like the Bills had a lot of luxury to carry an extra body JUST IN CASE Poz may play later this year. Com'on now people. Please ***** about the play call, strategy something else you want to vent, this is just getting ...

JJamezz
10-25-2007, 12:28 PM
I don't pretend to know how fast broken bones heal, etc.. but it certainly wasn't your run of the mill fracture or break, I mean the friggin bone was jutting out underneath his skin.. Maybe he could've played this year, but my guess is that with the info they had at the time, they didn't think it was worth putting the kid at risk of reinjuring it for what will probably amount to 3-4 games at the end of the season..

justasportsfan
10-25-2007, 12:39 PM
If DiG continues to play the way he's been playing, we'll have another contorversy.

I'm glad the 9'ers snatched Willis. Otherwise we wouldn't have drafted Lynch and Poz.

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2007, 01:15 PM

~The Answer

I agree, I like DiGorgio alot as well. If any player on our defense that has been a disappointment it's been Ellison. That guy has missed so many crucial tackles that it ain't even funny.

The Answer
10-25-2007, 01:20 PM
I agree, I like DiGorgio alot as well. If any player on our defense that has been a disappointment it's been Ellison. That guy has missed so many crucial tackles that it ain't even funny.

Poz barely beat out Digi in training camp to begin with - unfortunately Ellison is showing exactly what he is: a 5th round pick with marginal talent. The Answer would like to see what Wire can do if he's healthy, either way OLB will still be a priority in the offseason via draft, or preferably a veteran free agent (Lance Briggs).

~The Answer

The last buffalo fan
10-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Ellison just got back to work, so please chill out and give the guy time a la TEdwards. :snicker:

PECKERWOOD
10-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Poz barely beat out Digi in training camp to begin with - unfortunately Ellison is showing exactly what he is: a 5th round pick with marginal talent. The Answer would like to see what Wire can do if he's healthy, either way OLB will still be a priority in the offseason via draft, or preferably a veteran free agent (Lance Briggs).

~The Answer

Awww man. If we somehow got Briggs.. :bad:

raphael120
10-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Whatever, Digi's only upside was that he had a whole entire year to learn the defense, it's much easier to play when you dont have to think so damn much, and Poz was getting better and better.

This is the most incompetant franchise ever, seriously. We have LEON JOE holding a roster spot over Poz. LEON ****ING JOE. COY FRICKIN WIRE. BRYAN SCOTT (WHO WAS INACTIVE FOR 3 WEEKS) I'm sorry, these special teams guys should not be priority over promising young rookies who will be missing valuable playing time. So now we're with a rookie LB this year who will come into next year pretty much a rookie again, and Leon Joe will be released. This is what happens when you have 1000 RBs and 1000 DE's.

I'm sorry, but this pisses me off so ****ing bad. This front office is a joke and I won't be suprised if from here on out Edwards doesn't win another game, JP and Evans become a cancer, and we become even more of a punchline of a franchise.

djjimkelly
10-25-2007, 02:03 PM

this coaching staff would have prolly benched him for a street FA digiorgio anyway.

THATS HOW THEY LIKE TO ROLL

The Answer
10-25-2007, 02:06 PM
this coaching staff would have prolly benched him for a street FA digiorgio anyway.

THATS HOW THEY LIKE ROLL

Stop the DIGI hate and change your avatar as well.

The Answer warned this board that Poz was a season ending injury waiting to happen - and guess what - it happened.

~The Answer

Dr. Lecter
10-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Stop the DIGI hate and change your avatar as well.

The Answer warned this board that Poz was a season ending injury waiting to happen - and guess what - it happened.

~The Answer

:rolleyes:

Broken forearm.

Not exactly predictable.

You also told us Kelly Holcomb would lead the Vikings to the playoffs, so calm down on the back patting.

The Answer
10-25-2007, 02:13 PM

Broken forearm.

Not exactly predictable.

You also told us Kelly Holcomb would lead the Vikings to the playoffs, so calm down on the back patting.

Isn't it ironic that The Holcombator will be starting this week and Losman will be riding the bench?

Bet nobody saw that coming 8 weeks into the season - also don't sleep on KH because he still has a chance to lead the vikings to the playoffs if we can get hot these next few weeks.

And for the record - The Answer was impressed by POZ in what limited action he saw - but The Answer also told all of you there's a reason The Answer had him graded as a day 2 draft pick - because of injury concerns and size issues.

~The Answer

Dr. Lecter
10-25-2007, 02:17 PM
A Day 2 pick grade is stupid.

As for size, that is dumb too. He is 6-1, 238.

DiG? 6-2, 229
Wire? 6-0, 228
Ellison? 6-0, 229

Briggs? 6-1, 240

So the guys you praise are generally smaller than Poz.

Meathead
10-25-2007, 02:25 PM
who said hes gonna be ready in four, poz? ill wait until somebody qualified makes that determination

if so ill be very disappointed too but it was a tough call for the bills. from what i understand breaking both bones is a very delicate and unpredictable recovery. with so many injuries they needed to make a call then and made it. if poz pulls off some amazing recovery its hard to fault them

jamze132
10-25-2007, 06:16 PM
I think the NFLs policy is stupid about IR and stuff. It should be like baseball, you have a DL. You can keep so many players on the team roster and only so many players on the active roster. I think the NFL should think about changing the way they do business.

SABURZFAN
10-25-2007, 06:33 PM
I'd rather have Poz back next season with a 100% healthy arm and in game shape. Both aren't going to happen any time this year.

:goodpost:

BILLSROCK1212
10-25-2007, 08:40 PM
why take the risk of reinjuring him he is a young star in the making and you dont want to risk his career

G. Host
10-25-2007, 09:00 PM

Broken forearm.

Not exactly predictable.

No! Do not calm down! Please break your forearm patting yourself on back! I am sure you will take longer to recover to type than POZ.

Meathead
10-25-2007, 10:31 PM
you know as of last year that had that injured/reserve designation which always confused the ***k outta people who couldnt get it thru their head that ir was different than r/i. but it allowed a player to come back after something like six weeks or maybe it was after week six something like that

when i heard they put poz on ir i immediately hoped they meant he was really put on r/i because that would mean he could come back. well since ive heard nothing at all on this im pretty sure it has to be ir then

but i wonder why they couldnt do the r/i thing since there was a chance he could come back. certainly having him on the field this year would pay dividends for next year no doubt and that would have been a good move had they been able to do it

Oaf
10-26-2007, 01:01 PM
As for this season, I don't see too much of a downside.

As for the future, this is bad. Poz is supposed to become our star LB and this will really hinder his development with us.

Jeff1220
10-26-2007, 01:11 PM
It sucks, but I'd rather have Poz back a little too late rather than a little too soon. The guy is just a rookie and has a whole career ahead of him. I'd rather not jeopardize that in any way and be sure that he is 100% healthy before coming back.

ParanoidAndroid
10-26-2007, 01:22 PM
There used to be a November deadline for players returning from IR. The current CBA changes the rule to exclude a player for the entire season. I liked the old rule which would have played out in our favor this time. Chalk it up to just plain bad luck with injuries this year.
As far as the TE situation goes, I'm glad they picked up Gaines. He's our most athletic TE and besides a bonehead start to last week, has played decently. I think he will continue to improve and emerge as our #1 TE (which may not be saying much, but at least he'll be better than Royal).

Nighthawk
10-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Really...does anything Dickey and this organization do surprise you?

im4bflo
10-26-2007, 09:46 PM
If it was up to POZ, he'd be back in there.
This is football, Man up, or play it safe?
It's a gamble, no one know's what the outcome of him playing would be,
but playing safe, we know the outcome, No POZ, and another year behind.
Eveyone has a different opinion, I'm with POZ, I wish he could get back in there.
But we're a play it safe team, 2-4, and not 4-2 :idunno: