PDA

View Full Version : I feel much better after reading this....

Mahdi
10-25-2007, 02:40 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/071023&sportCat=nfl

Evil Patriots, Man I sure hope the Colts beat them down nicely.

Mr. Miyagi
10-25-2007, 02:57 PM
Yeah, Easterbrook is a good writer. Always very insightful. Smart dude.

OpIv37
10-25-2007, 03:01 PM
I think I'm gonna be sick.

Stat of the Week No. 9: Randy Moss has scored twice as many touchdowns (10) as the entire Buffalo offense (5).

Gunzlingr
10-25-2007, 03:30 PM
Nice!

Gunzlingr
10-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Endgame note: With 8 seconds remaining, Buffalo boomed a punt that was bobbled by Ravens return man Yamon Figurs, who recovered it as the clock expired. Why did the Bills boom down the middle to Figurs, who already has run one back for a touchdown this season, rather than punt out of bounds? A punt out of bounds would have taken five or six seconds off the clock, leaving Baltimore in its own territory with time for only one desperation Hail Mary. A 50-yard-plus Hail Mary on the game's final snap happens perhaps once a decade, but a punt-return touchdown happens, in the NFL, once a week on average. Why did Buffalo give Baltimore a last chance for a punt return out and victory rather than punt out of bounds and make Baltimore victory nearly impossible?

mybills
10-25-2007, 03:56 PM
he's spot on.

Voltron
10-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Best and Worst Crowd Reactions: Good: After New England had gone touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, the Dolphins' defense finally forced a punt: the home crowd cheered wildly as the Patriots' punter trotted out. Bad: With Washington leading Arizona 14-0, young starter Jason Campbell threw an interception, and the home crowd booed lustily. In the fourth quarter, Washington leading 21-13, Campbell threw a checkdown underneath to his fullback on third-and-long, and as the Redskins' punting team came in, the home crowd again loudly booed. Intelligent: With Buffalo leading Baltimore 9-0, the Bills made first-and-10 on their 37 with 29 seconds remaining in the first half and holding all three timeouts. The crowd booed as Dick Jauron didn't use a timeout, simply having his charges trot to the locker room. Jauron seemed to think a nine-point lead is safe; the crowd knew better.

trapezeus
10-25-2007, 04:21 PM
TMQ is the man. the user comments on his links are usually obnoxious redsox fans who can't handle the fact that their team cheats, that most nfl fans hate the new pats fans who show up at random stadiums cheering like they've followed the team forever, and can't handle that some of media actually simply dislikes the pats.

Voltron
10-25-2007, 04:30 PM
TMQ is the man. the user comments on his links are usually obnoxious redsox fans who can't handle the fact that their team cheats, that most nfl fans hate the new pats fans who show up at random stadiums cheering like they've followed the team forever, and can't handle that some of media actually simply dislikes the pats.
I guess you are a Yankee fan huh? I think that Yankee fans are WAY more obnoxious. Anytime you bring up anything bad about them the FIRST thing every fan says is "26 rings *****"

That's nice but what have they done for you lately!

trapezeus
10-25-2007, 04:32 PM
I guess you are a Yankee fan huh? I think that Yankee fans are WAY more obnoxious. Anytime you bring up anything bad about them the FIRST thing every fan says is "26 rings *****"

That's nice but what have they done for you lately!

no i just dislike how pats fans are actually simply redsox fans who gave up on baseball and simply wanted to be a winner, just once. and now that they've won a few superbowls and what looks like a second championship, they are dreaming up new ways to be more obnoxious.

i like the yankees merely because i live in NYC. but i don't watch baseball that closely.

TigerJ
10-25-2007, 04:42 PM
I didn't think it was just me.