PDA

View Full Version : FOX: Bills made right move ... who should follow?

Dont drink the water
10-25-2007, 03:14 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7374144

With parity raging once again in the National Football League, teams are looking closer than ever for a spark at quarterback.

Let's break down some interesting quarterback situations that have developed and those that can evolve over the second half.

Buffalo
Interviewing Dick Jauron on our radio show every Thursday, it came as no surprise here that he named Trent Edwards the starter. The Bills got it right, choosing Edwards over J.P. Losman.

The coach told us he has no rule either way on whether you can lose your job because of injury. Jauron has been impressed since the preseason with the neophyte Edwards, who is wise beyond his years. Edwards looks the part. He's tall, strong-armed, doesn't turn the ball over and appears to be a quick study. He's also a great leader and tireless worker. In talking to Bills defenders Chris Kelsay and Terrence McGee, they have echoed Jauron on these thoughts.

This is the Bills' best move for 2007 and beyond. Losman was drafted by the prior regime and never did carry over his improved play from the end of the 2006 season

Buffalo being praised for doing something coaching right!
Has hell frozen over?

The Answer
10-25-2007, 03:25 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7374144

With parity raging once again in the National Football League, teams are looking closer than ever for a spark at quarterback.

Let's break down some interesting quarterback situations that have developed and those that can evolve over the second half.

Buffalo
Interviewing Dick Jauron on our radio show every Thursday, it came as no surprise here that he named Trent Edwards the starter. The Bills got it right, choosing Edwards over J.P. Losman.

The coach told us he has no rule either way on whether you can lose your job because of injury. Jauron has been impressed since the preseason with the neophyte Edwards, who is wise beyond his years. Edwards looks the part. He's tall, strong-armed, doesn't turn the ball over and appears to be a quick study. He's also a great leader and tireless worker. In talking to Bills defenders Chris Kelsay and Terrence McGee, they have echoed Jauron on these thoughts.

This is the Bills' best move for 2007 and beyond. Losman was drafted by the prior regime and never did carry over his improved play from the end of the 2006 season

Buffalo being praised for doing something coaching right!
Has hell frozen over?

Edwards is a media darling right now - and it's great to see ESPN and a lot of other expert analysts give us some props for once.

~The Answer

Patti120
10-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Hell has frozen over, imagine that!

The "doesn't turn the ball over" statement is not entirely correct though. It should say, generally protects the ball very well but likes to give bills fans heart attacks by turning it over late in the 4th quarter.

I like what I've seen from him beyond that though and I hope he turns out to be a success for us!

Go Bills!

trapezeus
10-25-2007, 03:34 PM
"strong armed"? I guess he didn't talk to the 3 edwards bashers on this board who want to convince everyone that he lose an arm wrestling match to pennington.

The last buffalo fan
10-25-2007, 03:40 PM
"strong armed"? I guess he didn't talk to the 3 edwards bashers on this board who want to convince everyone that he lose an arm wrestling match to pennington.

Actually 4. He is not good yet at the long balls, even TD can recognize that.

justasportsfan
10-25-2007, 03:52 PM
He's tall, strong-armed, doesn't turn the ball over and appears to be a quick study. .

The bills got swindled by someone with those same characterisitics. Rob Johnson.

All I care about is him scoring TD's and W's. We're getting the w' via the D but still missing the TD's.

acehole
10-25-2007, 03:56 PM
.."doesn't turn the ball over......"

Yea it seems I am the only one watching on HDTV.

Gunzlingr
10-25-2007, 04:04 PM
.."doesn't turn the ball over......"

Yea it seems I am the only one watching on HDTV.

:rofl:

trapezeus
10-25-2007, 04:13 PM
it's not perfect, his long pass, but i'd take someone struggling with a pass that occurs only a few times a game than a guy who struggles with passes that happen for 90% of the game.

It's not a weak arm. He can make all the throws. Sure he might not be able to launch it way past evans on 3rd and 5. but then again, he's got more upside to actually keep a drive alive and run out the clock.

jamze132
10-25-2007, 06:00 PM
We acutally put up 19 points on offense last week against one of the best defenses in the league. I will take that.