PDA

View Full Version : John Clayton just said....

OpIv37
10-25-2007, 05:32 PM
that if Edwards continues to play well, it could put the Bills in a position to trade JP Losman for draft choices.

If Edwards plays well, there is no way in hell Losman stays. Given the number of teams that have QB problems at the moment, I'm sure we could find a trading partner.

The Bills already have a ton of picks in the upcoming draft- IF this does happen (I'm not saying it will), I really hope they make a big draft day trade and get a true playmaker like Dorsey.

Of course, if it doesn't happen, it means Trent Edwards didn't play well and we may already be in the Dorsey sweepstakes.

Sorry for the "stream of consciousness" nature of this post- I just saw it on TV and I was processing it in my mind as I was writing.

Slim
10-25-2007, 05:35 PM
We traded our second away in the Poz move up right?

jamze132
10-25-2007, 05:40 PM
I don't think so... but maybe?

Albany,n.y.
10-25-2007, 05:42 PM
The thing I didn't like about Clayton's time on WGR today is that he lacks logic. He says he believes Trent Edwards can play in the NFL, but by not playing JP, we've devalued him. Clayton believes that we should continue to play JP to keep his value up. Can anyone explain the logic of playing the guy you plan on trading to keep his value up at the expense of giving the guy you've chosen more experience so that he can learn faster? The whole reason you're going to trade JP is because you feel Trent is a better long term answer.
Clayton has said some pretty idiotic things each Thursday during his WGR segments. The strangest one was a few weeks ago, before the JP injury, Clayton said switching to Edwards would set the franchise back 3 years.
What it really comes down to is the ESPN ghuys are still too tight with Donahoe & once JP is declared a bust, the entire Donahoe era must be viewed as an utter failure and they refuse to admit Donahoe hurt this team.

Albany,n.y.
10-25-2007, 05:45 PM
We traded 2007 2 & 3 for rights to draft him. The trade is complete, Detroit took Drew Stanton with our 2nd & Detroit traded the 3rd to Baltimore.

X-Era
10-25-2007, 06:04 PM

Not this years, last years and our extra 3rd

X-Era
10-25-2007, 06:07 PM
that if Edwards continues to play well, it could put the Bills in a position to trade JP Losman for draft choices.

If Edwards plays well, there is no way in hell Losman stays. Given the number of teams that have QB problems at the moment, I'm sure we could find a trading partner.

The Bills already have a ton of picks in the upcoming draft- IF this does happen (I'm not saying it will), I really hope they make a big draft day trade and get a true playmaker like Dorsey.

Of course, if it doesn't happen, it means Trent Edwards didn't play well and we may already be in the Dorsey sweepstakes.

Sorry for the "stream of consciousness" nature of this post- I just saw it on TV and I was processing it in my mind as I was writing.

Problem is I dont see more than a 4th for him. But still its better than nothing.

Dorsey is a stud...hes one of the top 2 players in the draft INCLUDING juniors.

But man, a stud WR (Desean Jackson), CB, DE (Calais Campbell), we could go a bunch of routes. How about OLB or even move Pos outside and draft an ILB.

TE is a sure need but not that high.

OpIv37
10-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Problem is I dont see more than a 4th for him. But still its better than nothing.

But man, a stud WR (Desean Jackson), CB, DE (Calais Campbell), we could go a bunch of routes. How about OLB or even move Pos outside and draft an ILB.

with the number of picks we already have, even a 4th for JP could be packaged to move up.

In a hypothetical situation where we trade Losman for a 4th, we could move up several spots by packaging our 1st, a 3rd and a 4th for someone else's 1st and we'd still be in the 8-9 pick range with 4 first day picks (well, first day under the old system).

TigerJ
10-25-2007, 06:44 PM

I think we traded our own third (in 2007) with our second to move up and get a higher pick in the second round. I think we have all our own picks in 2008, plus three extras. We drafted Trent Edwards with a third round pick acquired in the McGahee trade.

YardRat
10-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Must be Clayton listens to Vic Carrucci, also.

Mitchy moo
10-25-2007, 07:13 PM
We're going to be drafting 32nd guys, we're not moving up.:yle:

The Jokeman
10-25-2007, 07:43 PM
I think we traded our own third (in 2007) with our second to move up and get a higher pick in the second round. I think we have all our own picks in 2008, plus three extras. We drafted Trent Edwards with a third round pick acquired in the McGahee trade.

Correct we traded last year's second (which the Lions kept and selected Drew Stanton) and our original third last year (which Detroit dealt to Baltimore who selected Yamon Figurs).

HHURRICANE
10-25-2007, 07:48 PM

Several shows have said that we can expect a 2nd for him.

Mitchy moo
10-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Several shows have said that we can expect a 2nd for him.

If it's Miami or the NYJets, that's as good as a first.

tat2dmike77
10-25-2007, 08:05 PM
John Clayton is jackass that spews crap out of his mouth at any chance he gets

LtFinFan66
10-25-2007, 08:09 PM
If it's Miami or the NYJets, that's as good as a first.Won't be Miami

Mitchy moo
10-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Won't be Miami

Way to use your Mod powers to force your Rep hand, it's good to see a objective Fins fan on a Bills site. It's like having Bin-laden as our nuclear trigger guy.

LtFinFan66
10-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Way to use your Mod powers to force your Rep hand, it's good to see a objective Fins fan on a Bills site. It's like having Bin-laden as our nuclear trigger guy.What are you talking about Skooby

Mitchy moo
10-25-2007, 08:18 PM
What are you talking about Skooby

You are too powerful, with the force. I am just kidding around.

circlethewagons
10-25-2007, 08:19 PM
How many extra picks for next year do we have at this point? I know we have a 3rd from Mcgahee, but what did we end up with the whole walker/spikes trade?

LtFinFan66
10-25-2007, 08:20 PM
I wish I was powerful. I am mainly a figure head Mod for the NFL Zone. I seriously lack real power:sadwalk:

BTW, the Fins want to start winning again in the future which is why we steer clear of JP

raphael120
10-25-2007, 08:39 PM
How many extra picks for next year do we have at this point? I know we have a 3rd from Mcgahee, but what did we end up with the whole walker/spikes trade?

A 7th rounder! WOO HOO!!!!

The Jokeman
10-25-2007, 08:41 PM
A 7th rounder! WOO HOO!!!!
Actually think it was two conditional picks. The Bears pick will likely turn into a 5th but unsure what the Eagles would be, perhaps a 7th being Holcomb was later shipped to Minnesota and Spikes, despite leading the team in tackles, has been far from great.

Ingtar33
10-26-2007, 01:04 AM
a QB will get a round 2

there is always a team willing to give up a round 2 for a qb.

Ebenezer
10-26-2007, 01:07 AM
a QB will get a round 2

there is always a team willing to give up a round 2 for a qb.
the 2nd rounder we lost to move up into the first round...sounds like a plan to me...complete the purge of the TD era.

djjimkelly
10-26-2007, 02:28 AM
The thing I didn't like about Clayton's time on WGR today is that he lacks logic. He says he believes Trent Edwards can play in the NFL, but by not playing JP, we've devalued him. Clayton believes that we should continue to play JP to keep his value up. Can anyone explain the logic of playing the guy you plan on trading to keep his value up at the expense of giving the guy you've chosen more experience so that he can learn faster? The whole reason you're going to trade JP is because you feel Trent is a better long term answer.
Clayton has said some pretty idiotic things each Thursday during his WGR segments. The strangest one was a few weeks ago, before the JP injury, Clayton said switching to Edwards would set the franchise back 3 years.
What it really comes down to is the ESPN ghuys are still too tight with Donahoe & once JP is declared a bust, the entire Donahoe era must be viewed as an utter failure and they refuse to admit Donahoe hurt this team.

im sorry clayton isnt looking at our team thru delusional hope.

look i want bills to win just as bad as anyone. i knew this year was a growth year and it was supposed to be JP.

JUST THINK NEXT YEAR WE PLAY 6 DIVISION 4 vs AFC WEST (worst division in AFC)
4 vs NFC WEST(BY FAR THE WORST DIVISION IN NFC) we are set up to win alot next year. and what is sad we would have been rolling into 2008 with a 40 game starter at qb plus another draft plus more seasoning on all our young guys.

now i truly dont know what to think. i think edwards is our qb by a timely schedule for us. i hope he proves me way wrong but i think we are in deep DOO DOO at the qb spot. and it wont show then next few weeks becuz it dont get any softer then these next 3 games. JETS BENGALS AND MIAMI

ANYWAY GO BILLS IT SHOULD BE JP BUT ITS NOT SO BE IT

Ebenezer
10-26-2007, 02:35 AM
im sorry clayton isnt looking at our team thru delusional hope.

look i want bills to win just as bad as anyone. i knew this year was a growth year and it was supposed to be JP.

I whole heartedly disagree. JP hasn't done anything to warrant a starting job here. He hasn't progressed to the point of deserving a second contract with a huge signing bonus and big guarenteed money. Regardless who the system suits better TE, for better or worse, is already as good as JP was at his best.

gonzo1105
10-26-2007, 11:23 AM
We have our
1, 2, 3, 3(from baltimore), 4, 5, 5(from Chicago), 6, 7, 7(from Philidelphia)

As of right now we have 10 picks, throw in a couple picks for Losman and maybe a 7th rounder as a compensatory pick were lookin at 11-13 draft picks this year if we trade Losman

Jeff1220
10-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Maybe Baltimore would want him. lol. :idunno: