PDA

View Full Version : Maybe it is my fault...

Tatonka
10-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Im a bills fan and a virginia tech alum/fan..

After watching number 8 ranked VT blow the lead up 10 - 0 with 2 minutes and change left against number 2 ranked boston college.. and having flashbacks to the Bills/Cowboys game..

I came to a realization.. how many bills/vtech fans are out there. i might be the only one stupid enough to root for two teams that constantly break the hearts of their fans..

I must be the curse. there is no other explaination for these absolutely ridiculous losses.

unbelievable. i wish football was actually fun to watch.

camelcowboy
10-25-2007, 11:46 PM
sorry brother, they had bc on the ropes too.

LtFinFan66
10-25-2007, 11:53 PM
Fins/ Buckeyes here

One wins/ One doesn't

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-26-2007, 04:48 AM
With an ending like that, added to the ending to the Monday night game, I can imagine your frustrations with your football teams,

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 06:40 AM
Fins/ Buckeyes here

One wins/ One doesn't

Bills / Bulls here

One use to win / one is learning to win.

BidsJr
10-26-2007, 07:45 AM

After watching number 8 ranked VT blow the lead up 10 - 0 with 2 minutes and change left against number 2 ranked boston college.. and having flashbacks to the Bills/Cowboys game..

I came to a realization.. how many bills/vtech fans are out there. i might be the only one stupid enough to root for two teams that constantly break the hearts of their fans..

I must be the curse. there is no other explaination for these absolutely ridiculous losses.

Bills

Hawkeyes

DraftBoy
10-26-2007, 08:08 AM
Bills

Irish

atleast you guys were a top 10 team, instead of below 115

OpIv37
10-26-2007, 08:24 AM

I actually think it's my fault. I'm not a VT fan, but I was rooting for them last night because I hate Boston College (for anyone who has to ask why, think 1993 ND/FSU). Normally I'm apathetic towards VT- they're sort of a local team and Bruce Smith played there, so I don't mind seeing them win, but I don't really care.

What happens in the one game where I'm actually rooting for them? They pull a Buffalo Bills- style collapse.

Guess I owe you full time VT fans an apology.

Mad Bomber
10-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Bills

Hawkeyes

:posrep:

Same here.

At least I also have LSU to ease my pain (somewhat).

BidsJr
10-26-2007, 08:30 AM
:posrep:

Same here.

At least I also have LSU to ease my pain (somewhat).

That seems about as distant as the super bowl years at this point.

mybills
10-26-2007, 09:03 AM
It's not you. It was like going up against the Pats. BC is what, 7-0?
How 'bout that Matt Ryan!
:couch:

LtFinFan66
10-26-2007, 09:05 AM
I was pretty unimpressed with Ryan except for the last 2 minutes. He was over throwing everything. Guess he got that Tom brady quick fix

mybills
10-26-2007, 09:09 AM
You really think that last TD was over thrown?
It was high, because it went right over the defender's head just like it was supposed to.

What's with the mojo in NE? I want some. BC, Pats, BoSox, even the Bruins won, how's the Celtics looking?

jdbillsfan
10-26-2007, 09:30 AM

I am a VT Alum and Bills Fan as well. The worst part was the onside kick. Both teams unable to recover the onsides kick????

Terrible....

RoanokeVABillsFan
10-26-2007, 10:53 AM
I also like watching VT since Roanoke is just down the road and many of the people I work with went to school there and are rabid fans. I told my wife right after the first touchdown that they were going to lose just like the Bills have done in their close games (just had that feeling) and then they lost the on-side kick. Felt bad for them but today I told them that I know how they feel! Funny thing is, both teams are well known for their excellent special teams and they both lost an on-side kick that cost them the came. How crazy is that!

Coach Sal
10-26-2007, 11:07 AM
As a Syracuse alumn and fan, I often wonder what I have done for the football Gods to punish me so much?!

The losses by SU are hardly "gut-wrenching" these days, as they are with the Bills many weekends.

But the level of frustration of having both your college and NFL team sucking for so many straight years is truly over the bioling point already for me.

I'm not trying to diminish your loss last night (it was really hard to swallow, and I was rooting for VT), but at least your Hokies are a perrenial bowl team and usually win much more often than they lose.

But check this out: last weekend both the Bills and Orange won. And that is a very rare double-feat. Now that's sad.

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 11:11 AM
I was pretty unimpressed with Ryan except for the last 2 minutes. He was over throwing everything. Guess he got that Tom brady quick fix

They IV'd Bruschi's blood into him.

Jan Reimers
10-26-2007, 11:24 AM
As a Syracuse alumn and fan, I often wonder what I have done for the football Gods to punish me so much?!

The losses by SU are hardly "gut-wrenching" these days, as they are with the Bills many weekends.

But the level of frustration of having both your college and NFL team sucking for so many straight years is truly over the bioling point already for me.

I'm not trying to diminish your loss last night (it was really hard to swallow, and I was rooting for VT), but at least your Hokies are a perrenial bowl team and usually win much more often than they lose.

But check this out: last weekend both the Bills and Orange won. And that is a very rare double-feat. Now that's sad.
I feel your pain. I was at Syracuse for 3 years (good years, the Floyd Little era, plus Dave Bing in basketball) and did my last year at UB. I was at the game last weekend, and UB has just about caught up to the 'Cuse. Coach Robinson is just not getting it done.

I see some hope for the Bills and Bulls, but Syracuse - judging from the existing talent and incoming recruits - is going to be down for a while.

Oaf
10-26-2007, 01:09 PM

Ah, begone then, thy wastrel! :bigwave:

jamze132
10-26-2007, 01:55 PM

I feel your pain, try being a Bills, Sabres, and Mets fan...

PECKERWOOD
10-26-2007, 02:05 PM

I'm a huge fan of VT as well man, that was rough.

socalfan
10-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Fins/ Buckeyes here

One wins/ One doesn't

Bills and Wolverines ....I wondered why I took an instant dislike to your posts.

Wys Guy
10-26-2007, 09:29 PM

Don't be too hard on yourself. Tech I'm not sure definitely deserved to win that game. The BC defense, while good, isn't great and if all they could do was put up 6 (taking into consideration that their TD wasn't a TD), then it shouldn't have been much of a surprise. One had to figure that BC would put up at least 7 prior to the game.

Actually, I turned it off at the start of their first TD drive. But it doesn't surprise me. It's not like the Bills collapsing like a lawn chair on a regular basis after getting entirely outplayed but being in the game due to a couple of returns only in spite of absolutely no consistent or solid play whatsoever. Tech simply couldn't score more than what should have been a pair of FGs.

Wys Guy
10-26-2007, 09:30 PM
I feel your pain. I was at Syracuse for 3 years (good years, the Floyd Little era, plus Dave Bing in basketball) and did my last year at UB. I was at the game last weekend, and UB has just about caught up to the 'Cuse. Coach Robinson is just not getting it done.

I see some hope for the Bills and Bulls, but Syracuse - judging from the existing talent and incoming recruits - is going to be down for a while.
It's very difficult to imagine WTH happened to that program. It all began with Pasquelloni.

LtFinFan66
10-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Bills and Wolverines ....I wondered why I took an instant dislike to your posts.:couch:

BillsOverDolphins
10-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Bills and Canes...both suck right now (but that win over FSU was sweet)