PDA

View Full Version : Losman's Attitude

Buffatexas
10-26-2007, 06:58 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/191905.html?imw=Y

I think his character speaks volumes here

“I am a captain of this team, and I am chosen by my teammates,” Losman said. “They’re looking to see how I respond to a situation like this. Any one of us players can get faced with a situation like this . . . quite easily and pretty fast. So I’ve got to stay positive.”

“I have to prepare like I am going to start this game,” Losman said. “Something could happen extremely quick where I’m going to have to go in there, and I personally want to be ready for it. I personally have to get out some aggression if I get back on that field, and I want to be sharp. So that’s my biggest challenge.”

i know that some players would get on their high horses and bash the decision, but i believe JP to be sincere and I feel a whole lot better about the situation after reading this. If you read between the lines, you can tell he is not happy with the call, but who really would be. I think he handled it with character. Regardless of performance, I think this kid is a leader and will do what he can to help Trent.

BidsJr
10-26-2007, 07:36 AM

“I am a captain of this team, and I am chosen by my teammates,” Losman said. “They’re looking to see how I respond to a situation like this. Any one of us players can get faced with a situation like this . . . quite easily and pretty fast. So I’ve got to stay positive.”

“I have to prepare like I am going to start this game,” Losman said. “Something could happen extremely quick where I’m going to have to go in there, and I personally want to be ready for it. I personally have to get out some aggression if I get back on that field, and I want to be sharp. So that’s my biggest challenge.”

i know that some players would get on their high horses and bash the decision, but i believe JP to be sincere and I feel a whole lot better about the situation after reading this. If you read between the lines, you can tell he is not happy with the call, but who really would be. I think he handled it with character. Regardless of performance, I think this kid is a leader and will do what he can to help Trent.

Maybe you should have watched the interview.

I wanted to slap that crap eating grin off his face.

Giggling and laughing like being benched was sooooo funny. All he wanted to do was talk about lighting it up his next chance.

Well, maybe if he lit it up the first two games this season he wouldn't be in this situation.

Buffatexas
10-26-2007, 07:54 AM
i didnt see the interview and maybe I should have. I agree with what you said about he should have done it in the first place though...good call

HHURRICANE
10-26-2007, 07:55 AM
I have mixed feelings.

Jauron on Sirrius yesterday said that "the team has responded very well to the change and that JP is one of the reasons that it has gone so well."

JP is trying to do the right thing by being a team guy but I have also seen him say and do things that makes me think otherwise. He is very immature in some ways but I think he means well.

Unfortunately, nice guys get fired everyday for performance and maturity issues in the real world.

I think JP's weak pre-season and his excuses regarding "vanilla" offense contributed to the snowball effect. Had he played "lights out" in pre-season I think he could have survived the first 2 games and the injury. IMO.

BidsJr
10-26-2007, 07:57 AM
I have mixed feelings.

Jauron on Sirrius yesterday said that "the team has responded very well to the change and that JP is one of the reasons that it has gone so well."

JP is trying to do the right thing by being a team guy but I have also seen him say and do things that makes me think otherwise. He is very immature in some ways but I think he means well.

Unfortunately, nice guys get fired everyday for performance and maturity issues in the real world.

I think JP's weak pre-season and his excuses regarding "vanilla" offense contributed to the snowball effect. Had he played "lights out" in pre-season I think he could have survived the first 2 games and the injury. IMO.

IMHO he would have survived the first two games if he just played average.

SquishDaFish
10-26-2007, 08:00 AM
The Haters will contridict your post. But I agree with you. Its good to see hes not going to cause turmoil over this decision. If he is preparing that wasy and he gets a chance to see field again maybe he will play the way people expected him to play.

HHURRICANE
10-26-2007, 08:08 AM
The Haters will contridict your post. But I agree with you. Its good to see hes not going to cause turmoil over this decision. If he is preparing that wasy and he gets a chance to see field again maybe he will play the way people expected him to play.

I think it's hard to hate JP. I personally feel that he got royally screwed here.

His development is permanantly damaged and I think he is now the equivalent of David Carr.

Alot of JP's issues are related to things that need a different mental approach. The fact that after 4 years he still can't throw a simple screen pass tells me that he's never going to get it.

bigbub2352
10-26-2007, 08:29 AM
He has class u gotta give it to him

Don't Panic
10-26-2007, 08:44 AM
It's very hard to hate JP. He is the anti-Willis. He invested himself in this city, put a ton of work in the offseason, and wanted dearly to lead this team to success. Maybe he needed a better QB coach... I don't know. The talent is definitely there, but it's such an unfinished product. I will definitely wish him well elsewhere if he does ever become an ex-Bill. It's not like Collins, Bledsoe, or Johnson leaving.

mybills
10-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Classy. :bf1:

Philagape
10-26-2007, 09:04 AM
I have no problems with JP's attitude. Anyone who loses their job should be pissed. As for playing with a chip on his shoulder, well, that chip should have arrived on draft day.

PromoTheRobot
10-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Losman is a classy guy who deserved better. BUT he could have avoided all this by performing better. In the end, you still have to perform, and so far he hasn't shown he is worth a fat extension. Especially when a total rookie is playing better than you are 4 years into your career.

I hope, but not optimistic, that Losman can stay with the Bills as a #2. He doesn't have to be the #1 to make BuffaloLives.org succeed.

PTR

STAMPY
10-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Losman is a pussy. Glad he lost his job to a rookie.

Typ0
10-26-2007, 10:03 AM

It's kind of funny to hear people banter about how the organization screwed him up or the coaching staff made him into garbage. He's a man playing with the big boys now and if he wants to lead them he's going to have to step up and not just act like a professional but be a professional. Too many times I've listened to him and it seemed much like he was just saying what people want to hear. If he is a professional he will look at this as an opportunity to refocus and work on transferring his aptitudes into skills. He's right, the backup QB job is very difficult. You have to be waiting there and ready to play like you've been playing the whole game. If your number is called for ten plays it could be the difference between winning the superbowl or not.

Maybe this will be his wakeup call. If he fullfills the mental midget prophesy he's going to fade in the abyss. If not, he's going to get another chance and work his way into starting somewhere and being an effective NFL QB. I hope the latter is true be it here or anywhere else.

Dr. Lecter
10-26-2007, 10:09 AM

lol!

You are the last person who should throw out the name "pussy".

But it sad that you wanted him to fail and the Bills not to play well. Good fan you are.

justasportsfan
10-26-2007, 10:29 AM

Giggling and laughing like being benched was sooooo funny. All he wanted to do was talk about lighting it up his next chance.

Well, maybe if he lit it up the first two games this season he wouldn't be in this situation.
but if he frowned and said anything negative he'd be a cancer? :down:

Dr. Lecter
10-26-2007, 10:55 AM

I don't think "lighting it up" is a requirement to start for this team.

I saw the press conference. What the hell was he supposed to say?

Dr. Lecter
10-26-2007, 10:56 AM
but if he frowned and said anything negative he'd be a cancer? :down:

'bout time you got smarter and figured it out.

Any response is the wrong one.

JJamezz
10-26-2007, 11:09 AM

Wow.. Its interesting how we all interpret things so differently. For me, I saw a guy who was trying very hard to bite his tongue and not say the things that he REALLY wanted to say about the situation..

I mean, think about the roller coaster ride he's been on the last couple of months, and particularly this past few days - he basically went from stability to having no clue what the future will hold, other than he's almost assuredly going to be on another team and living in a different part of the country come this time next year.

Like many have said, including yourself, JP could have avoided all this if he played even average football through the preseason and first 2 games, I agree. But one thing no one can argue with is the effort the kid has put in, and he's understandably going to be upset and pissed off at the way things have gone.

Frankly, I'm more disappointed in how Evans has handled it than JP.

mybills
10-26-2007, 11:15 AM
People are also reading too much into Evan's comments. He too, is going through all of this, so people should cut him some slack, as well.

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 11:15 AM

The whole JPD crew groaned you, lol.

billsburgh
10-26-2007, 11:19 AM
why the need to personally attack the man? He's still a member of the Bills.

shelby
10-26-2007, 11:20 AM
I think it's hard to hate JP. I personally feel that he got royally screwed here.

His development is permanantly damaged and I think he is now the equivalent of David Carr.

i agree fully.

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 11:23 AM
i agree fully.

Shel, the bottom line is the Bills want to win and they feel there is a better chance of that with TE.

TacklingDummy
10-26-2007, 11:24 AM

Sounds to me that he is going to be a locker room cancer and is hoping Trent gets hurt.

The Answer
10-26-2007, 11:26 AM

It's nice to see Losman take his benching like a man - The Answer wouldn't mind him staying as a backup but doubts that's in the cards given his age and desire to want to start.

Let's just hope he don't sing a different tune in a few weeks and turn into a festering cancer - because if he does his ass is grass!

~The Answer

Mitchy moo
10-26-2007, 11:31 AM
It's nice to see Losman take his benching like a man - The Answer wouldn't mind him staying as a backup but doubts that's in the cards given his age and desire to want to start.

Let's just hope he don't sing a different tune in a few weeks and turn into a festering cancer - because if he does his ass is grass!

~The Answer

His shi* eating grin is cancerous enough to me. It's that smug look that will land him on the bench everywhere he goes. Trent walks / plays with a grace that JP cannot understand. If JP watches him, he might actually learn something that will be useful for his next team.

mybills
10-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Sounds to me that he is going to be a locker room cancer and is hoping Trent gets hurt.
:coocoo:

The Answer
10-26-2007, 11:38 AM
His shi* eating grin is cancerous enough to me. It's that smug look that will land him on the bench everywhere he goes. Trent walks / plays with a grace that JP cannot understand. If JP watches him, he might actually learn something that will be useful for his next team.

Maybe you're right - he does have a pretty stupid look on his face most of the time.

Hopefully he has done the smart thing and put his house on the market.

~The Answer

Wraith
10-26-2007, 11:49 AM

Finally, you've admitted the real reason you don't like J.P. Losman - you don't like his smile.

I suspected it all along.

STAMPY
10-26-2007, 11:58 AM
lol!

You are the last person who should throw out the name "pussy".

But it sad that you wanted him to fail and the Bills not to play well. Good fan you are.

never wanted him to fail. he did that himself buddy.

Dr. Lecter
10-26-2007, 12:04 PM

Not what he said or implied at all.

justasportsfan
10-26-2007, 12:42 PM
:rofl:

PECKERWOOD
10-26-2007, 12:57 PM
The whole JPD crew groaned you, lol.

Step out of the vehicle, sir and put your hands where I can see them!