• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffatexas
    • Aug 2002

Losman's Attitude

I think his character speaks volumes here

“I am a captain of this team, and I am chosen by my teammates,” Losman said. “They’re looking to see how I respond to a situation like this. Any one of us players can get faced with a situation like this . . . quite easily and pretty fast. So I’ve got to stay positive.”

“I have to prepare like I am going to start this game,” Losman said. “Something could happen extremely quick where I’m going to have to go in there, and I personally want to be ready for it. I personally have to get out some aggression if I get back on that field, and I want to be sharp. So that’s my biggest challenge.”

i know that some players would get on their high horses and bash the decision, but i believe JP to be sincere and I feel a whole lot better about the situation after reading this. If you read between the lines, you can tell he is not happy with the call, but who really would be. I think he handled it with character. Regardless of performance, I think this kid is a leader and will do what he can to help Trent.
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Re: Losman's Attitude

Originally posted by Buffatexas
    http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/st...905.html?imw=Y

“I am a captain of this team, and I am chosen by my teammates,” Losman said. “They’re looking to see how I respond to a situation like this. Any one of us players can get faced with a situation like this . . . quite easily and pretty fast. So I’ve got to stay positive.”

“I have to prepare like I am going to start this game,” Losman said. “Something could happen extremely quick where I’m going to have to go in there, and I personally want to be ready for it. I personally have to get out some aggression if I get back on that field, and I want to be sharp. So that’s my biggest challenge.”

i know that some players would get on their high horses and bash the decision, but i believe JP to be sincere and I feel a whole lot better about the situation after reading this. If you read between the lines, you can tell he is not happy with the call, but who really would be. I think he handled it with character. Regardless of performance, I think this kid is a leader and will do what he can to help Trent.

Maybe you should have watched the interview.

I wanted to slap that crap eating grin off his face.

Giggling and laughing like being benched was sooooo funny. All he wanted to do was talk about lighting it up his next chance.

Well, maybe if he lit it up the first two games this season he wouldn't be in this situation.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Buffatexas
      • Aug 2002

i didnt see the interview and maybe I should have. I agree with what you said about he should have done it in the first place though...good call

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

I have mixed feelings.

Jauron on Sirrius yesterday said that "the team has responded very well to the change and that JP is one of the reasons that it has gone so well."

JP is trying to do the right thing by being a team guy but I have also seen him say and do things that makes me think otherwise. He is very immature in some ways but I think he means well.

Unfortunately, nice guys get fired everyday for performance and maturity issues in the real world.

I think JP's weak pre-season and his excuses regarding "vanilla" offense contributed to the snowball effect. Had he played "lights out" in pre-season I think he could have survived the first 2 games and the injury. IMO.

Comment

• BidsJr
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          I have mixed feelings.

Jauron on Sirrius yesterday said that "the team has responded very well to the change and that JP is one of the reasons that it has gone so well."

JP is trying to do the right thing by being a team guy but I have also seen him say and do things that makes me think otherwise. He is very immature in some ways but I think he means well.

Unfortunately, nice guys get fired everyday for performance and maturity issues in the real world.

I think JP's weak pre-season and his excuses regarding "vanilla" offense contributed to the snowball effect. Had he played "lights out" in pre-season I think he could have survived the first 2 games and the injury. IMO.
          IMHO he would have survived the first two games if he just played average.
          "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

The Haters will contridict your post. But I agree with you. Its good to see hes not going to cause turmoil over this decision. If he is preparing that wasy and he gets a chance to see field again maybe he will play the way people expected him to play.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BillsIN05
              The Haters will contridict your post. But I agree with you. Its good to see hes not going to cause turmoil over this decision. If he is preparing that wasy and he gets a chance to see field again maybe he will play the way people expected him to play.
              I think it's hard to hate JP. I personally feel that he got royally screwed here.

His development is permanantly damaged and I think he is now the equivalent of David Carr.

Alot of JP's issues are related to things that need a different mental approach. The fact that after 4 years he still can't throw a simple screen pass tells me that he's never going to get it.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

He has class u gotta give it to him
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Don't Panic
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Dec 2005

It's very hard to hate JP. He is the anti-Willis. He invested himself in this city, put a ton of work in the offseason, and wanted dearly to lead this team to success. Maybe he needed a better QB coach... I don't know. The talent is definitely there, but it's such an unfinished product. I will definitely wish him well elsewhere if he does ever become an ex-Bill. It's not like Collins, Bledsoe, or Johnson leaving.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Classy.
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

I have no problems with JP's attitude. Anyone who loses their job should be pissed. As for playing with a chip on his shoulder, well, that chip should have arrived on draft day.
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                        • Sep 2003

Losman is a classy guy who deserved better. BUT he could have avoided all this by performing better. In the end, you still have to perform, and so far he hasn't shown he is worth a fat extension. Especially when a total rookie is playing better than you are 4 years into your career.

I hope, but not optimistic, that Losman can stay with the Bills as a #2. He doesn't have to be the #1 to make BuffaloLives.org succeed.

PTR

Originally posted by Buffatexas
                        http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/st...905.html?imw=Y

10 Commandments of the D
                        1. Never stop Rocking.
                        2. Legalize all drugs.
                        3. Quit your day job.
                        4. All Religion should be taxed.
                        5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                        6. F**k her gently.
                        7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                        8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                        9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                        10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• STAMPY
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Sep 2003

Losman is a pussy. Glad he lost his job to a rookie.

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                            It's kind of funny to hear people banter about how the organization screwed him up or the coaching staff made him into garbage. He's a man playing with the big boys now and if he wants to lead them he's going to have to step up and not just act like a professional but be a professional. Too many times I've listened to him and it seemed much like he was just saying what people want to hear. If he is a professional he will look at this as an opportunity to refocus and work on transferring his aptitudes into skills. He's right, the backup QB job is very difficult. You have to be waiting there and ready to play like you've been playing the whole game. If your number is called for ten plays it could be the difference between winning the superbowl or not.

Maybe this will be his wakeup call. If he fullfills the mental midget prophesy he's going to fade in the abyss. If not, he's going to get another chance and work his way into starting somewhere and being an effective NFL QB. I hope the latter is true be it here or anywhere else.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by STAMPY
                              Losman is a pussy. Glad he lost his job to a rookie.
                              lol!

You are the last person who should throw out the name "pussy".

But it sad that you wanted him to fail and the Bills not to play well. Good fan you are.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X